Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off ! This Can Also Affec, Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off ! This Can

views

kianheng
post Jun 22 2017, 05:20 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ May 28 2017, 01:56 AM)
Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off !  This Can Also Affect All Maxis / Hotlink Users.

I bought this Hotlink Tablet Plan to use as it suppose to, for internet data back up with Long Term Validity, 365 days to be exact. I have been on time to make the Top Up to make sure it does not Expire since this package is not available currently.

It was about 2 - 3 months after my Top Up that I left overseas for a long term assignment. When I came back in April 2017, to my surprise it was not working.

So I went to Maxis TTDI to get it solve but lo and behold, they informed me that my line had expired ! When I pleaded with them to check and they confirm it was expires due to no Top Up and refuse to do anything say that their system is ACCURATE. They asked me to show proof otherwise as they know this is a Prepaid Plan and there will be no statement. Luckily I took screen shots of the before and after successful Top Ups with the new Validity.. 2GB for 1 year validity.

When I provide the proof to them, the Maxis TTDI made a report since they were shock that I got proof of it and told me it would take about 3 – 5 days for a reply. I flew out for my long term assignment again and receive 2 SMS after the 5th day and nothing until I complaint again on Day 31  ! I have to insist on an e-mail response as I do not trust their “useless” system keeping a record of my complaint since their system can’t even keep my account alive !!!  Ding dong for like 3 weeks before they actually sent me an e-mail.

To my surprise, they said my number has been given to someone else .. likely a VVIP,  and most importantly, they cannot give me back the Hotlink Tablet Plan service.. basically saying, Maxis / Hotlink will not rectify their “wrongs“.  They said they will give me whatever Hotlink plan that will be available when I come back ?!  And now they want to force me on a 30 days validity compared to a 365 days validity ?!!

I am still waiting for a resolution. Either return my service with properly compensation or compensate me RM 300 to buy back your line that was stolen from me after I made payment !

Maxis TTDI : Sharma

e-mail from
Aravind Gunaseelan, Customer Relations @ customercare@maxis.com.my

Case Ref : C18980353

Maxis@listen is also not listening since the issue is not solve.

I just lost a plan, you might lose your cherish long term number !

Remember, Maxis / Hotlink Is Always right !  Let them proof me wrong.
I have just top up for a year and was told that my number has been recycled. I have no proof. Hope that you report to SKMM and force them to rectify the problem.
TSextercy
post Jun 23 2017, 02:35 AM

Casual
347 posts

I just wonder how many of us are affected since I do not think most people will complaint since this is Prepaid and got no proof of Top Ups.

RDoe
post Jun 23 2017, 09:56 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(kianheng @ Jun 22 2017, 05:20 PM)
I have just top up for a year and was told that my number has been recycled. I have no proof. Hope that you report to SKMM and force them to rectify the problem.
Just to share, I always make a balance inquiry before I top up, if I'm not sure of the expiry status. You'll then know if it's terminated, and refrain from topping up if so.
TSextercy
post Jul 25 2017, 02:49 PM

Casual
347 posts

Honestly .. this Maxis hired a bunch of monkeys !

When this fella Arvin Gunaseelan - Customer Relations keeps repeating himself over the standard procedures without listening to my problem, I requested to speak to his Manager to solve my problem as my patience have already worn thin talking to all their channels.

Arvin Gunaseelan behaviour was not of a manager and he never did tell me he was a manager when I ask him many times to pass me to his higher up.

When a Customer Relation Manager called me and introduced himself as Vind, I ask him if he is the manager of Arvin Gunaseelan and he said he was !

Today I found out it was the same person ?!! The lies that Maxis makes ! And no, I did not misunderstood. I repeated to get confirmation.

WTF is wrong with MAXIS !

For All The Hotlink Users !

Please Make Sure You Keep A Paper Trail Of Money Paid For Top Ups As The App Will Not Display Your Cell Number And Account Details In The Same ScreenShot ! My Transaction Was Capture By Maybank Online So Maxis Cannot Refute It !

When You Complaint, Make Sure You Copy And Paste What You Want To Send To Their Three Complaint Sources.

1) e-mail : customercare@maxis.com.my

2) Maxis Facebook.

3) Twitter Maxis@Listen.

4) Make Them Call You. Why should you pay to call them.

Continue to blast until you get a solution !

I have been consistently blasting for a month now and my solution is there ! Just Maxis is making their last attempt to make me wait for my check (I offer them to buy back my line and compensate me.) Their offer was crap so I offered them a solution with double the amount of their crap offer which was reasonable in my view.

Maxis know Malaysians are lazy and will not complaint long, so they will continue to wear you down and hopefully you give in.

If all Maxis customers that have problems continues to blast all these 3 sources, it will not look good for them and they will resolve your issue quickly.

You Pay Money For Service, Make Sure You Get The Service !

Don't Let Maxis Cheat You !

This post has been edited by extercy: Jul 25 2017, 03:58 PM
firefly3x
post Jul 27 2017, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

Same here. I am using the RM45 for 365 validity and now Maxis msg me saying that i need to topup my line in 2 days or i will lose everything. I think Maxis didn't expect that many users will prolong their 2GB for so long and not topup. I was a Holink user last time and ported to Digi, and now I might not use their Tablet/Broadband anymore.
BlueWind
post Jul 30 2017, 10:36 AM

Sianzation
2,898 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Jul 25 2017, 02:49 PM)
Honestly .. this Maxis hired a bunch of monkeys !

When this fella Arvin Gunaseelan - Customer Relations keeps repeating himself over the standard procedures without listening to my problem, I requested to speak to his Manager to solve my problem as my patience have already worn thin talking to all their channels.

Arvin Gunaseelan behaviour was not of a manager and he never did tell me he was a manager when I ask him many times to pass me to his higher up.

When a Customer Relation Manager called me and introduced himself as Vind, I ask him if he is the manager of Arvin Gunaseelan and he said he was !

Today I found out it was the same person ?!! The lies that Maxis makes ! And no, I did not misunderstood. I repeated to get confirmation.

WTF is wrong with MAXIS !

For All The Hotlink Users !

Please Make Sure You Keep A Paper Trail Of Money Paid For Top Ups As The App Will Not Display Your Cell Number And Account Details In The Same ScreenShot !  My Transaction Was Capture By Maybank Online So Maxis Cannot Refute It !

When You Complaint, Make Sure You Copy And Paste What You Want To Send To Their Three Complaint Sources.

1) e-mail : customercare@maxis.com.my

2) Maxis Facebook.

3) Twitter Maxis@Listen.

4) Make Them Call You. Why should you pay to call them.

Continue to blast until you get a solution !

I have been consistently blasting for a month now and my solution is there ! Just Maxis is making their last attempt to make me wait for my check (I offer them to buy back my line and compensate me.) Their offer was crap so I offered them a solution with double the amount of their crap offer which was reasonable in my view.

Maxis know Malaysians are lazy and will not complaint long, so they will continue to wear you down and hopefully you give in.

If all Maxis customers that have problems continues to blast all these 3 sources, it will not look good for them and they will resolve your issue quickly.

You Pay Money For Service, Make Sure You Get The Service !

Don't Let Maxis Cheat You !
Sorry to hear the troubles you are going through now. As for myself, my line validity is perfectly fine so I have no case point to make.
TSextercy
post Aug 2 2017, 01:36 PM

Casual
347 posts

Just Be Cautious As You Might Be Next !

At Least With Some Proof, You Have The Chance For Maxis To Compensate You ! If Not, Most Likely You Get Burn !
shaunkL
post Aug 7 2017, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

This hotlink tablet plan still available?
RDoe
post Aug 7 2017, 09:01 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(shaunkL @ Aug 7 2017, 10:39 AM)
Nope, not available for many months already.
TSextercy
post Aug 17 2017, 02:16 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(shaunkL @ Aug 7 2017, 10:39 AM)
No point for it now .. might as well you get TuneTalk and use PPU at 2cents / MB compared to Hotlink Tablet Plan RM45 for 2GB at 2.19cents / MB.

TuneTalk reduced their PPU from 3cents / MB to 2 cents / MB.
shaunkL
post Aug 20 2017, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Aug 17 2017, 02:16 PM)
No point for it now .. might as well you get TuneTalk and use PPU at 2cents / MB compared to Hotlink Tablet Plan RM45 for 2GB at 2.19cents / MB.

TuneTalk reduced their PPU from 3cents / MB  to 2 cents / MB.
Okay, normal tune talk data plan is it?
Saw tunetalk have 1 year RM200 72 GB PLaN
TSextercy
post Aug 20 2017, 04:56 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(shaunkL @ Aug 20 2017, 11:17 AM)
Okay, normal tune talk data plan is it?
Saw tunetalk have 1 year RM200 72 GB PLaN
PPU is not a data plan .. it is Pay Per Use or Pay As You Use Data at 2 cents / MB.

Now with Validity 1 year at only RM 10 .. worth to get compared to Hotlink.

With TuneTalk, you get to use it for voice, sms and data. Tablet Plan is only for data... no SMS, voice calls, etc.

ericlawyh
post Sep 8 2017, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

Just lodged a case to MCMC today.

Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 5:48 PM
To: 'Aduan SKMM' <aduanskmm@cmc.gov.my>
Subject: Sudden Termination of Maxis Hotlink Tablet Plan

To Whom It May Concerned:

I am writing this email to you due to your buggy complaint portal.

I bought two Hotlink tablet plan back in 2015 with below numbers:
- 011-2*****19
- 011-2*****13

I have been top up on time with RM 40 each time to enjoy the 1 year validity as per the product terms & conditions.

As of August 2017, both of my lines have been terminated without notice. It caused much disruption and inconvenience for my daily activities.

Upon complaint made by end of August 2017, Hotlink customer service has revived my both lines, but with reduced credits and no internet access at all.

According to the Hotlink customer service, both tablet plans which I purchased earlier has ceased to exist and no longer available.

I am no longer able to top with RM 40 tablet plan using their Hotlink Red App.

Refer to attached documents.

Desired Outcome:
1. I want my tablet plans back
2. Hotlink has no right to terminate the product feature without its existing customer's prior consent
3. I require full compensation on my missing credits
TSextercy
post Sep 8 2017, 09:00 PM

Casual
347 posts

Good for you bro !
Hope more people that are affected by this to lodge a complaint.

crewmy
post Sep 8 2017, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

Maxis TTDI staff...sigh.....hopeless bunch yet berlagak bodoh sombong
ikengkai
post Sep 8 2017, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

After reading all threads, now I understand why my hotlink tablet plan suddenly can't even connect to maxis network, while the 2gb valid till may 2018. It really a maxis scam,change of the plan without written inform or any sms. Maxis #Hotlink

This post has been edited by ikengkai: Sep 11 2017, 09:43 AM
TSextercy
post Sep 9 2017, 10:50 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(crewmy @ Sep 8 2017, 09:04 PM)
Maxis TTDI staff...sigh.....hopeless bunch yet berlagak bodoh sombong
You are right about that !
TSextercy
post Sep 9 2017, 10:53 PM

Casual
347 posts

QUOTE(ikengkai @ Sep 8 2017, 09:05 PM)
After reading all threads, now I understand why my hotlink tablet plan suddenly can't even connect to maxis network, while the 2gb valid till may 2018. It really a maxis scam,change of the plan without written inform or any sms. @hotlink @maxis
Report to MCMC.. if no one reports, then Maxis will do this again in the future. I don't know if Maxis is following some ISO standard.. if not can report to the ISO body also for failing to comply to standards.
ikengkai
post Sep 11 2017, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(extercy @ Sep 9 2017, 10:53 PM)
Report to MCMC.. if no one reports, then Maxis will do this again in the future. I don't know if Maxis is following some ISO standard.. if not can report to the ISO body also for failing to comply to standards.
After reading the post from other thread, after complaint they just extend the expired date to original 2GB 1 year, but not change back to previous Hotlink Tablet Plan, mean I need to face the same issue at 2018 again. I will find other telco that suite my backup usage model and avoid Maxis / Hotlink (Maxis & #Hotlink ). What they had did to those Hotlink Tablet Plan was a slap on their own face! They could just stop sell new plan, and encourage people move to other plan, but not quietly did it. ranting.gif
ikengkai
post Sep 11 2017, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

Try to search for alternative to the Hotlink Tablet Plan, it seem that 2 good options out here.

1. Buzz Me - ride on U Mobile network.
The Smart Surf with RM45 for 3GB, data validity follow the main account. Thus to subscribe the Smart Validity for RM38 for 365 days, then good to go.

2. Tune Talk - ride on Celcom Network. (prefer this)
RM10 for 365 days validity. And the pay per use is 2sen per MB, or per session. There is other monthly data plan like RM28 for 4GB. For minimum and occasionally data usage, or internet for tablet, the 2sen per MB sound good to me compare the Buzz Me plan, which per year minimum need to spend RM 83. For tune talk, it could be just RM30 - RM50 for my usage pattern. For those super high usage, there is RM200 for 48GB yearly plan. It translate for 4Gb per month, and RM16.70 per month subscription. Sound like good deal huh...

Just worry how the Celcom network perform, as lot of people claim it spotty and not stable, anyhow, it should be far better than U Mobile.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 02:52 PM