Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off ! This Can Also Affec, Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off ! This Can

views

TSextercy
post May 28 2017, 01:56 AM, updated 7y ago

Casual
347 posts

Hotlink Tablet Plan Rip Off ! This Can Also Affect All Maxis / Hotlink Users.

I bought this Hotlink Tablet Plan to use as it suppose to, for internet data back up with Long Term Validity, 365 days to be exact. I have been on time to make the Top Up to make sure it does not Expire since this package is not available currently.

It was about 2 - 3 months after my Top Up that I left overseas for a long term assignment. When I came back in April 2017, to my surprise it was not working.

So I went to Maxis TTDI to get it solve but lo and behold, they informed me that my line had expired ! When I pleaded with them to check and they confirm it was expires due to no Top Up and refuse to do anything say that their system is ACCURATE. They asked me to show proof otherwise as they know this is a Prepaid Plan and there will be no statement. Luckily I took screen shots of the before and after successful Top Ups with the new Validity.. 2GB for 1 year validity.

When I provide the proof to them, the Maxis TTDI made a report since they were shock that I got proof of it and told me it would take about 3 – 5 days for a reply. I flew out for my long term assignment again and receive 2 SMS after the 5th day and nothing until I complaint again on Day 31 ! I have to insist on an e-mail response as I do not trust their “useless” system keeping a record of my complaint since their system can’t even keep my account alive !!! Ding dong for like 3 weeks before they actually sent me an e-mail.

To my surprise, they said my number has been given to someone else .. likely a VVIP, and most importantly, they cannot give me back the Hotlink Tablet Plan service.. basically saying, Maxis / Hotlink will not rectify their “wrongs“. They said they will give me whatever Hotlink plan that will be available when I come back ?! And now they want to force me on a 30 days validity compared to a 365 days validity ?!!

I am still waiting for a resolution. Either return my service with properly compensation or compensate me RM 300 to buy back your line that was stolen from me after I made payment !

Maxis TTDI : Sharma

e-mail from
Aravind Gunaseelan, Customer Relations @ customercare@maxis.com.my

Case Ref : C18980353

Maxis@listen is also not listening since the issue is not solve.

I just lost a plan, you might lose your cherish long term number !

Remember, Maxis / Hotlink Is Always right ! Let them proof me wrong.
andrekua2
post May 28 2017, 02:16 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,459 posts

Time to SKMM...
Exquisite
post May 28 2017, 02:19 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

is there any clause in the terms and condition that says Maxis reserve every right to change the terms of the plan without prior notice?
Madmont
post May 29 2017, 05:18 PM

5 posts

im a tablet prepaid user myself. i used to purchase a quota with 365 days of validity with no issues. until recently this year, they changed their policy where you have to purchase the line validity at the price of RM 33 to keep it active and on top of that you have the option to purchase a 2GB quota with 365 days for RM 45.

So all in all you would have to pay RM 33 + RM 45 for the entire thing. unless of course you only need a temporary internet access, you have the option to purchase different days of validity in the Red app.

I was pretty pissed at this change initially but thought you know what, i still need them and no other provider is supporting the 365 validity package anymore. so yeah.
Adilast
post May 30 2017, 01:17 AM

1 posts

So I'm not alone sad.gif

No more Maxis again !!!
KannaSai1
post Jun 9 2017, 11:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ May 29 2017, 05:18 PM)
im a tablet prepaid user myself. i used to purchase a quota with 365 days of validity with no issues. until recently this year, they changed their policy where you have to purchase the line validity at the price of RM 33 to keep it active and on top of that you have the option to purchase a 2GB quota with 365 days for RM 45.

So all in all you would have to pay RM 33 + RM 45 for the entire thing. unless of course you only need a temporary internet access, you have the option to purchase different days of validity in the Red app.

I was pretty pissed at this change initially but thought you know what, i still need them and no other provider is supporting the 365 validity package anymore. so yeah.
Rm33 for 365 days validity?
Madmont
post Jun 10 2017, 11:57 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Jun 9 2017, 11:52 PM)
Rm33 for 365 days validity?
yes. just for the line only.
KannaSai1
post Jun 10 2017, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ Jun 10 2017, 11:57 AM)
is it for old hotlink boardband plan ? which can use for sms and call ?
RDoe
post Jun 10 2017, 09:04 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ Jun 10 2017, 11:57 AM)
Last time I checked... few weeks ago, they've removed the Validity 365 option for this plan.

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Jun 10 2017, 07:06 PM)
Was initially the Tablet Plan, then they changed it to Broadband plan after enabling calls and text features.
Madmont
post Jun 10 2017, 11:23 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(KannaSai1 @ Jun 10 2017, 07:06 PM)
can use it for call and sms. used to be tablet plan with no calls and sms.

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jun 10 2017, 09:04 PM)
Last time I checked... few weeks ago, they've removed the Validity 365 option for this plan.
Was initially the Tablet Plan, then they changed it to Broadband plan after enabling calls and text features.
really? you mean through red app? or USSD?
RDoe
post Jun 11 2017, 06:54 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ Jun 10 2017, 11:23 PM)
really? you mean through red app? or USSD?
Red app. It's there for a bit then it disappeared.

Can check it for yourself, via app or USSD. Maybe they changed again.

There're also some discussions sometime back when all these changes happened. Just check one or two of the earlier threads about this tablet plan.

This post has been edited by RDoe: Jun 11 2017, 06:55 PM
Madmont
post Jun 11 2017, 11:27 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jun 11 2017, 06:54 PM)
Red app. It's there for a bit then it disappeared.

Can check it for yourself, via app or USSD. Maybe they changed again.

There're also some discussions sometime back when all these changes happened. Just check one or two of the earlier threads about this tablet plan.
AFAIK the options to purchase the validity via Red app has gone for quite some time. And this option is hidden a few selections down in USSD to purchase.
RDoe
post Jun 13 2017, 01:30 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ Jun 11 2017, 11:27 PM)
AFAIK the options to purchase the validity via Red app has gone for quite some time. And this option is hidden a few selections down in USSD to purchase.
So you're saying Validity 365 is still available for subscription via the USSD for this (ex-tablet) broadband plan?

That will be good since I've one such line that I'd like to extend.
Madmont
post Jun 13 2017, 02:03 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jun 13 2017, 01:30 PM)
So you're saying Validity 365 is still available for subscription via the USSD for this (ex-tablet) broadband plan?

That will be good since I've one such line that I'd like to extend.
yes. under my account & settings if im not mistaken.
RDoe
post Jun 13 2017, 06:27 PM

Regular
1,502 posts

QUOTE(Madmont @ Jun 13 2017, 02:03 PM)
yes. under my account & settings if im not mistaken.
OK, I'll go check that out. Thanks!
kit2
post Jun 13 2017, 09:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

if i were you, i would get a new card everytime i come home. so much less grief and monetary loss
kiritoffx
post Jun 13 2017, 09:47 PM

On my way
645 posts

QUOTE(RDoe @ Jun 10 2017, 09:04 PM)
this is true when my tablet plan exp month ago, i resub 2gb only to found that there is 2 diff exp date, one for line and 1 for data.

i shocked when i dm hotllink twitter than i need toup every month to keep my line active even my data exp is 365 or sub rm33 for 365 days vaidity.

but then i made ruckus that my plan is suppose tablet plan not broadband plan which we are use for data only and not for call and text and add more if we need to use call and text features it is nor different to ordinary prepaid plan to hotlink twitter.

i also rage that hotlink change tablet plan into ordinary plan without informing us via text or email which almost wasted rm 90 (2sims) when resub 2gb

finally, managed to compromise with hotlink where they agree to extend my line validity align with data expiry date (365 days -next year 2018) by only topup rm 5 for each sims instead of rm33

next year probably i will abandon this plan and hope there will be telco that provide same plan as the ORIGINAL TABLET PLAN
TSextercy
post Jun 14 2017, 01:29 AM

Casual
347 posts

Sorry as I was away overseas.

It looks like Maxis is trying to get everyone to get off their Tablet Plan or any plans that they do not want to service anymore.

I knew there were some issues in the past with the RED app but I managed to get the Tablet Plan renewed for both my accounts.

But one of them was terminated.

This should not have occurred but as some youtuber mentioned before, most people still think Maxis is the best that is why they dominate and nearly all subscribers are lazy to change. This cause the telcos here to be dominant. I have a school mate that have been using Maxis and thinking Maxis is the best, paying RM 250 for limited calls and SMS due to the very old plan... No Data ... AHAHAHA.

I know nearly all the subscribers are paying more than what they can consume as I was one of them in the past. Now I only get plans that I know I can consume on average. Hope people will change services every 1-2 years so they telcos here can buck up.

Sometimes, Pay Per Use data is cheaper at the end.

My fight still goes one with Maxis / Hotlink as they are insisting I go to their branch to sort this out.. meaning they will issue me the latest Hotlink Plan and give me some small credit that will be consume in 2 months rather than a year !

This bullying by Maxis Has To Stop !!
TSextercy
post Jun 14 2017, 01:10 PM

Casual
347 posts

I have been e-mailing them since I was overseas but there was no help.

I think they want to force their latest Hotlink Plan on me so please let me know if there is a body to complaint about this issue.
TSextercy
post Jun 17 2017, 10:34 PM

Casual
347 posts

So can I report Maxis to ?

And government body I should contact or other parties ?

If no one ever complaint, then there will be no complaint on record.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:17 PM