Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TP-LINK Malaysia Official Thread, Technical Enquiries and Support

views

cawan
post Mar 13 2024, 04:35 PM

Casual
329 posts

hi everyone, need help here on wifi - extender. current using tplink AX73 .

upgrading unifi package and come with this Fiberhome SR1041Y

primary still using this AX73.

how could i add this Fiberhome act as wifi extender? this possible?

it is true mesh/extender only work with same brand?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
belialjo
post Mar 14 2024, 11:32 AM

42 posts

Hi,

I bought a set of 3x M5 Deco in Dec 2021, now 1 of the unit can't seem to power on. I tried with different power adapter and wall socket, and confirmed it is the unit itself that has issue. I emailed TP-LINK support to ask if there is any way to repair it but they said they do not provide repair service. So just wana know if anyone here had similar issue like this and what can be done. Thanks.
PRSXFENG
post Mar 15 2024, 08:04 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(cawan @ Mar 13 2024, 04:35 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Yes, usually mesh systems are brand specific

There is an open standard, wifi alliance easymesh
but no clue if the fiberhome supports it while the tplink absolutely does not support it

you could connect a cable and use as Wired Access Point, if there is an option like that on the fiberhome
wireless repeater is not recommended as it heavily decreases speeds
Omochao
post Mar 15 2024, 11:32 AM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(cawan @ Mar 13 2024, 04:35 PM)

Yes you can, on that fiberhome, just perform a quick reset with the pinhole or reset button to reset the router to factory mode.

Once booted back again, set your AX73 WPS on through tether app or use the button behind to set it broadcast wps signal out, on your fiberhome router, hold down the wps button until LED flashes rapidly, if successfully paired, should turn green.

It should turn into bridge mode automatically. By then you can choose to either link it with ethernet or just wireless backhaul.

QUOTE(belialjo @ Mar 14 2024, 11:32 AM)
Hi,

I bought a set of 3x M5 Deco in Dec 2021, now 1 of the unit can't seem to power on. I tried with different power adapter and wall socket, and confirmed it is the unit itself that has issue. I emailed TP-LINK support to ask if there is any way to repair it but they said they do not provide repair service. So just wana know if anyone here had similar issue like this and what can be done. Thanks.
All Tp-Link products come with 3 year manufacturer warranty, you bought in Dec 2021, should be until Dec 2024, can still try to go claim for warranty.
moumoumou
post Mar 18 2024, 11:19 PM

5 posts

Hello, I've got a question regarding my home networking.

I stay in a double-storey house and wifi connection in certain areas can be quite bad. Currently I am using 1 router and 1 modem at the same point.

However, my electrician has routed cat6 cables within the walls from the modem/router point to other areas of the house so that my TV and PC can have wired connection. Even though my PC has good wired connection, the room in which the PC is in has quite a bad wifi connection. I am wondering if there is a device which I can plug into at the PC point to act as another Wifi point?
PRSXFENG
post Mar 19 2024, 08:54 AM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(moumoumou @ Mar 18 2024, 11:19 PM)
Hello, I've got a question regarding my home networking.

I stay in a double-storey house and wifi connection in certain areas can be quite bad. Currently I am using 1 router and 1 modem at the same point.

However, my electrician has routed cat6 cables within the walls from the modem/router point to other areas of the house so that my TV and PC can have wired connection. Even though my PC has good wired connection, the room in which the PC is in has quite a bad wifi connection. I am wondering if there is a device which I can plug into at the PC point to act as another Wifi point?
Yes, it is called an Access Point
but nowdays most people have moved onto mesh systems
but if you just need a bit of wifi coverage an AP will do

or you could just use any old router you have laying around if they have that option ( do not use in router mode)

moumoumou
post Mar 19 2024, 11:18 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(PRSXFENG @ Mar 19 2024, 08:54 AM)
Yes, it is called an Access Point
but nowdays most people have moved onto mesh systems
but if you just need a bit of wifi coverage an AP will do

or you could just use any old router you have laying around if they have that option ( do not use in router mode)
Thanks for the information. How do mesh system compare against using an old router for wifi coverage? And do I need to do some configuration on the old router for the wifi access?
Minolta
post Mar 20 2024, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,276 posts

Hi, want to ask if Deco X50-5G is VLAN "aware"? There is no option for VLAN settings on this router.
Omochao
post Mar 25 2024, 11:59 PM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(Minolta @ Mar 20 2024, 04:06 PM)
Hi, want to ask if Deco X50-5G is VLAN "aware"? There is no option for VLAN settings on this router.
Deco very limited in VLAN.

but X20 has 802.1Q tagging..not sure if that's what you are looking for.
Omochao
post Mar 26 2024, 12:02 AM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(moumoumou @ Mar 19 2024, 11:18 AM)
Thanks for the information. How do mesh system compare against using an old router for wifi coverage? And do I need to do some configuration on the old router for the wifi access?
Mesh system works seamlessly for fast roaming transition.

You can still however set up old routers for wireless AP but with very limited functions.

The purpose of using mesh is to increase coverage.

Suggest you to check this long winded explanation so that you won't make the wrong move in getting the right setup .

https://www.wiisfi.com/
takeshi99
post Today, 09:11 AM

!!! GREENPEACE ACTIVIST !!!
1,238 posts

Hi everyone. Check with u guys who has TPLink router.

I bought an TPlink AX72 router and connected to Unifi. I've configured using its Wizard setup and also did selected the Malaysia-Unifi VLan option. It was connected and able to surf internet but now the problem is the Router kept disconnecting after some time intermittently. Done factory reset oso still happening.

So I bought a cheaper TPLink router AX53 totally new one. Did all the same wizard setup and connected to internet and after awhile same issue happening again! It keeps disconnecting.. Not sure why.. Stress

Anyone have this same issue before? Please help..

coconutzz
post Today, 10:58 AM

Regular
1,071 posts

Hi all, I am using TP Link AX73 now. was wondering will it be compatible if I hook it up with

- D Link M15 Mesh ? If yes, will it have 1 single SSID or 2 separate SSID?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:34 PM