304 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

casual bike talk..

views

PedangGila
post Apr 26 2018, 06:19 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Apr 26 2018, 10:39 AM)
Demak EX90
i have one
Wtf, mine struggling even to hit 100kmh on flat ground.
Quazacolt
post Apr 26 2018, 06:34 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ Apr 26 2018, 06:19 PM)
On flat 110 to 120, takes some time, but you'll eventually get there
mADmAN
post Apr 27 2018, 11:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ Apr 26 2018, 06:19 PM)
ah colt is wearing full suit and full face which helps with aerodynamics... that alone adds 15kg.. so during downhill the extra weight n gravity helps to bring the bike to 140 kmh laugh.gif

Quazacolt
post Apr 27 2018, 02:23 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Apr 27 2018, 11:17 AM)
ah colt is wearing full suit and full face which helps with aerodynamics... that alone adds 15kg.. so during downhill the extra weight n gravity helps to bring the bike to 140 kmh laugh.gif
ini maciam makes sense laugh.gif
PedangGila
post Apr 29 2018, 10:20 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Earplugs make sense to me. Surefire EP7 or Flare Audio Isolate so far works for me with the later is better. Both eliminate wind noise as my flip up helmet is very good at amplifying it, as other flip up people said.

I tried Mack's BLACKOUT but felt like nothing there, could be a misapplication. Guardian pharmacy at least in Bukit Antarabangsa doesn't have them 3M brand despite listed in website.
PedangGila
post Apr 30 2018, 10:19 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(cbmasin @ Apr 29 2018, 11:08 AM)
any 1 wan to go to janda baik right facking now?
Last time I met a rider with his ST1300 at Bentong toll, soloed his way from Muazam to and back from KL, morning to evening. Come to think about it solo riding is a bliss really, own timing without care of groupy stuff but of course looks lonely. If not because of work constraints heck I'll be touring the peninsular alone.
PedangGila
post Apr 30 2018, 10:22 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Apr 27 2018, 11:17 AM)
I think mine got a problem with power. Nak cecah 100 pun susah. Meter baru 2.9k
eidrag
post Apr 30 2018, 06:24 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ Apr 29 2018, 10:20 AM)
Earplugs make sense to me. Surefire EP7 or Flare Audio Isolate so far works for me with the later is better. Both eliminate wind noise as my  flip up helmet is very good at amplifying it, as other flip up people said.

I tried Mack's BLACKOUT but felt like nothing there, could be a misapplication. Guardian pharmacy at least in Bukit Antarabangsa doesn't have them 3M brand despite listed in website.
This 3M brand earplug is generic orange earplug, or got motorcycle one? Saw sold at Ace Hardware, not sure same model that you looking for
PedangGila
post May 1 2018, 10:07 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(eidrag @ Apr 30 2018, 06:24 PM)
This 3M brand earplug is generic orange earplug, or got motorcycle one? Saw sold at Ace Hardware, not sure same model that you looking for
Yea that generic orange tapered spongy one. Wanna try cheaper one as those two mentioned above are premium item. Sure they work well with me but easy to lost one, misplaced or accidently dropped.
lowpro
post May 2 2018, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

I'm using these:

https://pinlock.com/products/earplugs/

They're not designed to eliminate sound completely as a rider would need to also be aware of their surroundings based on sound. What it does is filter out wind noise to a safer level.

"The Pinlock Earplugs precision filters bring the wind noise down to a safer level while riding, without causing a muffled or blocked hearing. The advanced filter allows conversation without filtering out important traffic sounds such as sirens, horns or approaching vehicles."
PedangGila
post May 2 2018, 09:56 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(lowpro @ May 2 2018, 08:51 AM)
I'm using these:

https://pinlock.com/products/earplugs/

They're not designed to eliminate sound completely as a rider would need to also be aware of their surroundings based on sound. What it does is filter out wind noise to a safer level.

"The Pinlock Earplugs precision filters bring the wind noise down to a safer level while riding, without causing a muffled or blocked hearing. The advanced filter allows conversation without filtering out important traffic sounds such as sirens, horns or approaching vehicles."
Is there a local shop for this? For flanged I have Surefire EP4 but the seal felt funny really. Surefire ones I got from Cresdo, a local shop highly recommend and purchased 3 plugs from them already. Funny enough the EP 10 stock is listed on the web but when I ordered them, they failed to locate the item which was lost in inventory, since they're quite small packaging.

I wear EP 7 with closed filter so it's better for me to use EP 10 for maximized sound damping, it filtered the horn sound to almost unheard of so you will miss the hailing if it happens.

Add: Yes, wind noise is the major problem with flip up helmets, both EP7 and Flare Audio Isolate did a good job to eliminate it, at least for me with the later is better. Flanged EP 4, however, the seal was constantly under pressure because of the bumpy rides, giving me an uncomfortable feeling.

This post has been edited by PedangGila: May 2 2018, 10:08 AM
lowpro
post May 2 2018, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ May 2 2018, 09:56 AM)
Is there a local shop for this? For flanged I have Surefire EP4 but the seal felt funny really. Surefire ones I got from Cresdo, a local shop highly recommend and purchased 3 plugs from them already. Funny enough the EP 10 stock is listed on the web but when I ordered them, they failed to locate the item which was lost in inventory, since they're quite small packaging.

I wear EP 7 with closed filter so it's better for me to use EP 10 for maximized sound damping, it filtered the horn sound to almost unheard of so you will miss the hailing if it happens.
Don't think there's a shop selling these here though. I got mine from a friend who bought a few sets from either taobao or lazada...can't really remember which online platform he used.
Cyphereza
post May 2 2018, 10:05 AM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

I've tried several ear plugs from putty to foam to silicone...

Here are some of the noteworthy ones that I have...

3M foam ear plugs
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Plugfones (Basic)

No Noise Ear Plugs (aka Auritech)

Alpine Hearing Protection Moto Race Earplugs

The best I've tried so far is Alpine Hearing Protection Moto Race earplugs.

PedangGila
post May 2 2018, 10:16 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ May 2 2018, 10:05 AM)

Bloody, that Plugphones cost a bomb. WellFlare Audio's got the Titanium version which cost RM 200ish, tempted but Im already satisfied with the normal aluminium ones.
TSbasilisk
post May 2 2018, 01:22 PM

30 posts

i wash n re use the 3m foam type plugs.
SUSskyblu3
post May 2 2018, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ Apr 29 2018, 10:20 AM)

Eh. You stay in this area? Think I've seen you b4.
PedangGila
post May 2 2018, 11:57 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ May 2 2018, 02:55 PM)
Eh.  You stay in this area?  Think I've seen you b4.
Nah not me but my sister is but twice if not once a month I'll make a trip there since my wife works in KL. I stay in Kelantan. You mean you've seen an Orange Vulcan S with Putrajaya plate? Might be
ajaibman
post May 3 2018, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ May 2 2018, 10:05 AM)

3M foam ear plugs

Plugfones (Basic)

No Noise Ear Plugs (aka Auritech)

Alpine Hearing Protection Moto Race Earplugs

The best I've tried so far is Alpine Hearing Protection Moto Race earplugs.
Use the Pinlock brand earplug.. designed for bikers according to them.. not bad.. but after changed to shark full face.. I no longer in the need for the earplug...
Cyphereza
post May 3 2018, 10:46 AM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

QUOTE(ajaibman @ May 3 2018, 10:15 AM)
Use the Pinlock brand earplug.. designed for bikers according to them.. not bad.. but after changed to shark full face.. I no longer in the need for the earplug...
Which Shark helmet are you using?
ajaibman
post May 3 2018, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ May 3 2018, 10:46 AM)
Which Shark helmet are you using?
Skwal 2

http://www.shark-helmets.com/pulse/skwal-2...om_store=french

304 Pages « < 24 25 26 27 28 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version