Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
150 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Credit Cards Maybankard 2 Gold & Platinum Cards V18, 5% with M2 Amex on ALL WEEKEND spend

views

TSalexwsk
post Apr 13 2017, 10:05 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

Section A: OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
1) 5% weekend cash back for EVERYTHING by using M2 Amex on SAT/SUN, financial charge revised from 8.88% to 15%
QUOTE(cybpsych @ Mar 15 2017, 09:06 AM)
2) M2C RM9Million - cash back in with October 16 last
3) Treats Points reduced, refer the PDF link below -
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/WebBank/CVP-PlatCard.pdf and http://www.maybank2u.com.my/WebBank/CVP-GoldCard.pdf
*Note: Government related 0 points, others affected categories are EPP, utilities, education, insurance (1x only)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Section B: Latest Campaign/Promo
1) Date: 15/03/2017 to 30/06/2017, 10% cashback for Shell/Petron/Petronas using pin and pay with AMEX, sms to register, (NON guaranteed)! TNC please click here.
user posted image
2) Date: 01/07/2016 to 31/12/2016, 5% Weekend Cashback is BACK (non guaranteed)! TNC please click here. - cash back is in with Oct 16 the latest, kindly check your online banking
user posted image

Section C: Latest Developments
1. 27/06/2017 - Changes in late payment charges and cash advance fees. Please pay statement balance before statement due date and NEVER withdraw cash from your credit card!!!
M2C General Terms and Conditions [ Link ]
M2C Product Disclosure Sheet [ Link ]
user posted image
user posted image
2. 15/03/2017 - 5% guaranteed WEEKEND cash back is BACK!!! Refer Official Announcement above
3. 15/04/2016 - Treats Points revised down across the board, refer Official Announcement above
4. 21/07/2015 - Revised fees & charges for credit and charge cards effective 15 August 2015.
Source: Maybank

5. 15/05/2015 Retail Protection for platinum card will no longer be available after 15 May 2015
6. 01/05/2015 - TP inflation starting 1 May 2015, 400TP=RM1. Also Enrich redemption inflation Click here
7.28/02/2015 Golf Privilege - Complimentary golf at selected golf courses around Malaysia. (Please note that the Golf privileges will no longer be applicable for platinum cards after 28/2/2015)
8. Effective 1 August 2013, Maybank Credit Card TreatsPoints will have a 3 years expiration period. TreatsPoints earned in a particular month are valid until the end of third (3rd) year of the calendar month. Please find below a sample table depicting the points cumulated and the applicable expiry date:
user posted image
Latest TreatPoints / TP expiry FAQ here

*Archived Developments

Section D: Previous Threads

Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V11 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V12 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V13 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V14 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V15 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V16 Thread.
Click here to read Maybankard 2 Cards V17 Thread.
Click here to go to Maybank's website.
Click here to go to American Express Website.

Section E: Application related
Requirements
Gold: Minimum annual income:RM30,000
Platinum: Minimum annual income:RM60,000

Benefits
1. The benefits of two cards, Maybankard 2 American Express® Card and Maybankard 2 MasterCard or Visa Card, in one sign up one statement.
2. Lifetime Fee Waiver (no annual fee without any conditions) with complimentary supplementary cards.
3. Enjoy a low Finance Charge of 15% p.a. on your outstanding retail balance (must pay minimum payment: 5% of total outstanding or RM25, whichever is higher every month on or before due date).
4. 5x TreatsPoints for every Ringgit spent on Maybankard 2 American Express Card (except all transactions relating to government, insurance and education) and 1x TreatsPoint on Maybankard 2 Mastercard/Visa Card in Malaysia or anywhere else in the world.
5. 5% Weekend cash back - when spend on Maybankard 2 American Express Card is capped at RM50 per customer (including Supp Cardmember) per month. Meaning TRANSACTION DATE shown in M2U or statement must be on weekend (Sat/Sun) to get the 5% cash back.
6. Complimentary Travel Personal Accident and Travel Inconvenience Insurance if you charge your travel fares in full to your Maybankard 2 Platinum Cards

Who can apply?
* Principal cardholders: those between 21 to 65 years old
* Supplementary cardholders: at least 18 years old

Required Documents - Please include the following with your application form:
* Copy of NRIC (both sides) or Passport, including that of supplementary applicant's
* Latest BE form with official tax receipt
* Latest 3 months' salary slips
* Latest 3 months' savings account activity/current account statements

If you are self-employed:
* Copies of Business Registration
* Latest 3 months' Bank Statements

If you are an expatriate:
* Letter from employer confirming duration of employment contract in Malaysia. Note: You must be a Maybank account holder.

Click here to download Maybankard 2 Cards Application Form.

Ways to apply for the Maybankard 2 Cards:
1. Go to branch and fill in application form and submit it there.
2. Download application form and fax to 03-2283 6245.
3. By email to maybankardsales@maybank.com.my (better you call MBB Customer Service to confirm address)
4. Call Maybank or American Express Customer Service if you are a current Maybank credit card holder.

user posted image
But the simplest and fastest method to get the Maybankard 2 Cards is by visiting a Maybankard Centre at 1U aka One Utama, The Gardens or KLCC (reported no more) where your application will be process within few hours (depends on situation). Click here to read Gen-X article on it. Please note, it is Maybankard Centre and NOT Maybank Branch.

If you need further clarifications (e.g. what documents to bring along) on the 1 hour approval at 1U Card Centre, you may contact them at number below. Contact Info contributed by Human Nature.
Maybankard Centre at 1 Utama
Lot G-341B, New Wing, 1 Utama Shopping Center, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
03-7728 5451

You can check your Maybankard 2 Cards transactions online with Maybank2U.com
If you do not have a Current or Savings Account with Maybank but you want a Maybank2U online account to check your Maybankard 2 Cards transactions, you need to go to a Maybank branch to get it done. Better that you inform the officer that you want the Maybankard 2 Visa or MasterCard as the main account and add your Maybankard 2 Amex to it. However if you want your Maybankard 2 Amex to be the main card for the account, when you first log in to register username add 0 to the 15 digits of your Amex card. Maybank2U for Maybank Credit Cards - You Don't Need To Have A Maybank Current or Savings Account.

However, if you are new to credit cards, I strongly recommend that you DO NOT opt for the paperless option (i.e. receive our monthly statements online) until you familiarize yourself with Statement Balance, Outstanding Balance, Minimum Payment and Payment Due Date.

Section F: Other Related Threads in this Forum
1. Places to use your Amex v3 (thread)
Simple PDF version
2. American Express® Cards v3 (thread)
3. Click here to Pumping Petrol with your CC (thread)
4. Click here to SMS Alert - You're Not In Control (thread)
5. Click here to Reload TnG with Credit Cards v3 (thread)
6. Click here to Suspicious Telephone Call (thread). Recommended that you read Post#1 and #11 at the very least. Do Not release any info relating to your credit cards (i.e. expiry date and CCV number) even if the person knows your name and card number.
7. Want to know if the Maybankard 2 American Express Treats Points are good for converting to Enrich Miles? Click here and read this thread.

Section G: Other Related Links
1. Click here to see brief comparison between Maybankard 2 American Express vs. HSBC Visa Signature.
2. Effective cash back rate with credit cards
3. Those who are interested in converting your Treats Points to Enrich Mile. Gen-X did a comparison between Maybankard 2 Amex and Maybakard Visa Infinite.Click here to read Gen-X article New Toshiba i5 4GB ATI Radeon for RM999 with Maybankard On The Spot Redemption and Enrich Miles Redemption
4. Online Hotel Booking with Credit Cards by Gen-X
user posted image

This post has been edited by alexwsk: Sep 9 2017, 04:57 PM
TSalexwsk
post Apr 13 2017, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

Maybankard 2 Cards FAQ:

1. Must read - GST information
2. This is a 2 cards combo - AMEX together with master/visa, you CANNOT cancel the master/visa and activate the AMEX alone.
3. The rebate is calculated according to the CALENDER month and not per your monthly statement cycle.
M2C Weekend Cashback Terms and Conditions [ Link ]
user posted image
4. The rebate is usually credited to the AMEX card on the 1st or 2nd of the month.
5. No more GST for Maybankard 2 Cards (both principal and supplements) starting from 01 April 2015.
6. If you receive the cards through postage, you can activate it online through M2U (though some reported activation is not required). If you get your cards from the bank/credit card center counter, you do not need to activate it.
7. You do not need to post back the acknowledgment copy when you receive the card by post/courier.
8. The weekend rebate capped of RM50/month for the Maybankard 2 Amex is shared between the Principal and Supp cards.
9. If your M2U shows that you have a Maybankard 2 Cards Account, congratulations, it means you 'll be getting the cards soon. Call Customer Service if you do not want the cards or call them anyway to confirm.
10. You don't need to have a Savings Accounts or other Banking Accounts to have a M2U account for your MBB 2 Cards. You need to go to the branch to sign up for M2U to view your transactions online. Some branches are known to be unable to link both cards into a single M2U account.
11. If you cannot swipe the card at the merchant, call Customer Service number behind the card.
12. Fastest way to get the Maybankard 2 Cards is go and apply at MBB Card Centre at 1U or KLCC where they are supposed to process your application within an hour (Monday to Friday).
13. The 5% cash back on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) for MBB 2 AMEX is for all spending and is in additional to the 5X Treats Points (equivalent to 1.25% max).
14. Maybank Platinum credit cards including MBB 2 does not grant free access to KLIA or LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge.
15. You earn 1x TP everyday with your Maybankard 2 Visa or MasterCard and including Petrol. Good for stations that does not accept AMEX.
16. If you link your paypal account to MBB 2 AMEX, it will take 2-3 days before it is shown in M2U.
17. This is what is mentioned behind our Maybankard Statement - Foreign Charges converted by AMEX apply a coversion factor of 2.5% to the converted amount plus 0.5% administration cost imposed by Maybank.
18. The Maybankard 2 AMEX earns you 1x TP for every RM charged to your card by default. The rest of the TP is recorded as 4x bonus TP (written as MAYBANKARD 2 AMEX 4X BONUS in your statement), making it a total of 5x TP for all charges made to your MBB2 AMEX.
19. To earn the 5% cash back, TRANSACTION DATE shown in M2U or statement must be on weekend (Sat/Sun), posting date will determine which month the cashback will be rewarded.
20. The 5% Cash Back payout MONTH is subjected to POSTING DATE not transaction date. You will always get the cash back on the 1st day of the following month straight after the POSTING DATE. Here's a detail example by ronnie
QUOTE(ronnie @ Oct 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM)
The last weekend for October 2011 is 29th and 30th October.
Only those transactions done on 29th/30th must be posted on or before 31 October 2011 to be part of the October's RM50 rebate calculation.

Eg.
Transaction Date : 29 October 2011
Posting Date : 29 October 2011
Included in the October 2011 Weekend Rebate calculation

Posting Date : 30 October 2011

Posting Date : 31 October 2011

Posting Date : 1 November 2011
Included in the November 2011 Weekend Rebate calculation

Posting Date : 2 November 2011
Included in the November 2011 Weekend Rebate calculation
21. You can choose your preferred statement date, just call customer service to request.
QUOTE(cybpsych @ Aug 21 2014, 08:50 PM)
here are the list of bill dates: 3 6 8 12 14 18 21 24 26 28 End-of-Month

due date = bill date + 20 days (assuming you did full statement payment last month)
22. For EzyPay via Amex aka installments during weekend, cash rebate and treats points will be given for the FULL AMOUNT one shot and not by the monthly installments amount.
23. Amex Toll Free customer service number is 1800889559.
24. Increase your credit limit by using http://www.maybank2u.com.my/WebBank/CLIP-AppFormEng.pdf - 3 months pay slips required
25. To upgrade from gold card to platinum card, need to submit upgrade request form together with latest income documents.
26. To pledge your FD to apply for a credit card without income documents:
QUOTE(chiahau @ Jun 17 2015, 08:33 PM)
5k for Gold.
10k for Plat.
20k for VS.
30k for VI.

27. You may also contact customer service through email at mbbcardservices@maybank.com.my, please do not disclose sensitive information such as expiry date and CCV through email.
28. Conversion to Maybank Islamic Ikhwan Card
- FAQs on corversion to Maybank Islamic Ikhwan Card
- Maybank Islamic Ikhwan Conversion Checklist
- Conversion form
29. Easy way to check your remaining or available credit limit
QUOTE(herc @ Jan 11 2016, 10:33 AM)
Login in M2U, Goto ur CC, Click "Click here if you want to apply for EzyCash", when u see the available amount for EzyCash, multiply it by 100 and then divide by 90 = ur available credit limit. Or just take that amount as your available credit limit to be safe.

30. To subscribe to e-statement (paperless), follow the instructions in the link below
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...d=/mbb/Personal
QUOTE(cybpsych @ Dec 12 2014, 11:24 AM)
Estatement can be configured and managed in m2u.
Here are the steps to get the email statement delivery settings.

Click Bills & Statements in M2U

Click Email Statement Delivery

Choose the options for password (PDF statement is locked by this password) and available accounts to generate the eStatements. For me, I choose ALL my maybank accounts/cards biggrin.gif
31. RM50 Cashback is capped at 1 Card member per account should Card member has more than 1 Maybank 2 American Express Card.
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/WebBank/M2C-wkndCB_tnc.pdf

Treats Points and Redemption Catalog:
1. To check your Treats Points:
QUOTE(cybpsych @ Apr 27 2015, 02:44 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
2. Online TreatsPoints Catalogue
QUOTE(cybpsych @ Aug 15 2017, 02:27 PM)
Maybank TP Catalogue - click here

The new TreatsPoints e-Catalogue has over 400 items and vouchers to redeem, providing you a wide range of products that best suit your lifestyle.

Take your time to browse through our e-Catalogue, Part 1 and 2. If you decided to redeem, just follow either 1 of the following options:

• Call 1300 88 6688 and speak to our Customer Service Executive, OR
• Complete and fax TreatsPoints redemption form to 03 7953 8685, OR
• Walk in to our Maybank Card Centre in Menara Maybank / 1 Utama Shopping Centre / Suria KLCC / The Gardens Mall.

Go on and check out our e-Catalogue now!
Click HERE to view TreatsPoints catalogue, Part 1 (updated 27 July 2017)

Click HERE to view TreatsPoints catalogue, Part 2 (updated 27 July 2017)

Click HERE for TreatsPoints redemption form (updated 26 May 2017)

Click HERE for TreatsPoints Terms & Conditions (updated 16 June 2016)
3. Latest redemption catalog - click here, postage is included hence effective rate for AMEX 5X TP is less than 1.25%
4. Latest TREATS newsletter Jul to Oct 16 - http://www.maybank2u.com.my/WebBank/treatsJul2016.pdf
user posted image

This post has been edited by alexwsk: Aug 15 2017, 05:47 PM
TSalexwsk
post Apr 13 2017, 10:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,037 posts

PAYPAL Rule of thumb:
PAYPAL + Amex + RM = no go
PAYPAL + Amex + foreign currency = good to go
PAYPAL + Visa/Master + RM/foreign currency = good to go

For Booking Your Hotel Room via Agoda.com with Maybankard Visa/MasterCard versus MBB 2 AMEX

Verified link on 26 Aug 2015: http://www.agoda.com/maybank
- 7% for Platinum and Premium Cards
- 5% for Gold and Classic Cards

Using Maybankard 2 AMEX to Pay for Telekom Malaysia ™ Bills including Unifi/Streamyx/multimedia and Tenaga Nasional(TNB)

You can now pay Maxis Mobile, TNB and TM bills through Maybank2U as well rclxm9.gif
Go to Bill Payment > select the bills you want to pay and select from account your Maybankard 2 Amex. If you do not see it, means it cannot be use for that particular bill.

Below info contributed by hebe87
QUOTE(hebe87 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:04 PM)
for payment via maybank2u
-telekom (maximum 5 bills per week)
-TNB (maximum payment is RM5000 per week)

Using Maybankard 2 AMEX to Pay for PTPTN - Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional
Login to your Penyata Baki and pay using credit card. Then key in your AmEx card number with the 4 digit CVV at the front of the card, make sure to do it only on weekends to get 5%.

This post has been edited by alexwsk: Apr 13 2017, 10:13 PM
fruitie
post Apr 13 2017, 10:23 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

Wow, so fast already added in PTPTN part. Not bad. It will benefit the rest.
evolutiontech88
post Apr 13 2017, 10:54 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

Thanks for the info..
austinchua
post Apr 13 2017, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

for the PTPTN can't pay more than the amount stated right?
fruitie
post Apr 14 2017, 12:38 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(austinchua @ Apr 13 2017, 11:27 PM)
for the PTPTN can't pay more than the amount stated right?
I remember paying more earlier but not AmEx, let me try again. Probably they have disabled it. Last week when I used AmEx, I remember filling in my own figure though I didn't overpay. I only plan to pay again if by end of the month I have nothing else to spend.
facktura
post Apr 14 2017, 01:27 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

Hei, a silent reader but since i just received my MBB2 cards today, i'm ready to swipe swipe swipe lol.

So since the cashback is more towrads AMEX card, is everyone not really using the other visa/mastercard? just for collecting treatpoint sake?
fruitie
post Apr 14 2017, 02:12 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Apr 14 2017, 01:27 AM)
Hei, a silent reader but since i just received my MBB2 cards today, i'm ready to swipe swipe swipe lol.

So since the cashback is more towrads AMEX card, is everyone not really using the other visa/mastercard? just for collecting treatpoint sake?
Not using it at all. Locked in drawer. I have my MBB VS and Ikhwan MasterCard if really forced to use a non-AmEx Maybank card. biggrin.gif
1xTP is rather pathetic, better apply other cards for cash back. biggrin.gif
lactose_operon
post Apr 14 2017, 04:13 AM

[WTS] l.o.v.3
1,183 posts

Hi guys. Just wondering. Is it possible to pay our amex or master directly via cdm?
LostAndFound
post Apr 14 2017, 05:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,583 posts

QUOTE(lactose_operon @ Apr 14 2017, 04:13 AM)
Hi guys. Just wondering. Is it possible to pay our amex or master directly via cdm?
I've seen the option before but never tried. Why wouldnt' you use online banking though?
facktura
post Apr 14 2017, 05:46 AM

Regular
1,566 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Apr 14 2017, 02:12 AM)
Not using it at all. Locked in drawer. I have my MBB VS and Ikhwan MasterCard if really forced to use a non-AmEx Maybank card. biggrin.gif
hehe maybank AMEX pair with CIMB CR mastercard is a fine pair to me already.
so does it mean u dont even activate the other MBB 2 card? Threw in drawer already? sweat.gif
MGM
post Apr 14 2017, 06:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Apr 14 2017, 02:12 AM)
I am using M2Visa for BT purpose only so that statement doesnt mix with retail trx, and also since it is free-for-life no AF to worry about.
taung
post Apr 14 2017, 06:48 AM

2 posts

Hi guys, is it OK to apply for the Maybank2 cards and the Petronas card at the same time too? Does Maybank have a limit on the number of CCs issued?
sj0217
post Apr 14 2017, 06:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(lactose_operon @ Apr 14 2017, 04:13 AM)
Yes sure.

I have pay extra for my visa card via CDM
cybpsych
post Apr 14 2017, 07:19 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

Express Autopay for American Express
Maybank | T&Cs | FAQs | PDS (EN) | PDS (BM) | Enrolment Form
Campaign Period: 1 April 2017 - 31 July 2017

user posted image

This post has been edited by cybpsych: Apr 14 2017, 07:46 AM
janson_kaniaz
post Apr 14 2017, 07:41 AM

6,945 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Apr 14 2017, 07:19 AM)
user posted image
I wonder if enroll means merchant has to deduct from bill at least once. For example for Astro I have negative balance. and don't think they can deduct for a few months.
cybpsych
post Apr 14 2017, 07:46 AM

---------------------
All Stars
62,905 posts

QUOTE(janson_kaniaz @ Apr 14 2017, 07:41 AM)
I wonder if enroll means merchant has to deduct from bill at least once. For example for Astro I have negative balance. and don't think they can deduct for a few months.
Express Autopay for American Express
Maybank | T&Cs | FAQs | PDS (EN) | PDS (BM) | Enrolment Form
giko
post Apr 14 2017, 08:08 AM

Casual
376 posts

Congrats on V18. smile.gif

TQ to TS as it looks like quite a lot of work done to incorporate all the current info.

fruitie
post Apr 14 2017, 08:55 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

QUOTE(facktura @ Apr 14 2017, 05:46 AM)
hehe maybank AMEX pair with CIMB CR mastercard is a fine pair to me already.
so does it mean u dont even activate the other MBB 2 card? Threw in drawer already?  sweat.gif
I activated but didn't use only.

QUOTE(MGM @ Apr 14 2017, 06:34 AM)
I am using M2Visa for BT purpose only so that statement doesnt mix with retail trx, and also since it is free-for-life no AF to worry about.
That's a good idea. I used AmEx though for BT. laugh.gif

150 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0232sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:37 PM