Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android / Other TV Box, see Page 1 first... V2

views

ulats07
post Sep 11 2019, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Sep 11 2019, 03:40 PM)
Beta or stable version works. smile.gif So just use it.

No need to play on browser since the app works fine on our box.
which box are you using again?im looking for android box that support aotg and netflix 4k
fruitie
post Sep 11 2019, 10:41 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,989 posts

QUOTE(ulats07 @ Sep 11 2019, 10:40 PM)
which box are you using again?im looking for android box that support aotg and netflix 4k
Minix U1 but it doesn't play Netflix 4k...
voncrane
post Sep 11 2019, 11:41 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Lurker @ Sep 11 2019, 03:23 PM)
eh.. Minix support AOTG?
I can'y find it in the playstore..
hv to sideload ka?
Yes it does.. one of (if not the only) the few boxes that the stable aotg app has always worked on.. despite several updates.. Currently, as pointed out by Fruitie.. it runs both the stable and beta version without issue..

Yes.. Sideload.. Easy stuff.

You'd be hard-pressed to find one that does both excellent.. Mibox S would do both .. but even both also got issues on it and come next month or later.. More restrictions will be built in..The beta version will eventually be killed off and a smarter stable version released on the Play Store... I strongly doubt it'll run on most ATV OS devices, as it does now.. Want the best of both worlds? I assume you already own a recent 4K TV, it should ship with a Netflix app..No? Use that instead.. Then get a separate box for other stuffs.. Tis what I've done for years.. Tis what many do.. No headache.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Sep 11 2019, 11:49 PM
puchongite
post Sep 12 2019, 10:04 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

Looks like the day of 4k netflix on Beelink devices has ended, both the Beelink DRM L1 (4k netflix) capable boxes have been banned by netflix :-

Starting today Netflix app shows NW-6-404

http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=52251

This error is reported to appear on GT1-A and GT1 mini-A.

I think they probably distinguished the substring in ESN string, because the middle of the ESN string carries some beelink information, even though it begins with xiaomi something something.
SzeMeng76
post Sep 12 2019, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,318 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 12 2019, 10:04 AM)
Looks like the day of 4k netflix on Beelink devices has ended, both the Beelink DRM L1 (4k netflix) capable boxes have been banned by netflix :-

I think they probably distinguished the substring in ESN string, because the middle of the ESN string carries some beelink information, even though it begins with xiaomi something something.
I think same will goes to MXQ Cube soon? cuz their netflix ESN also under Xiaomitrial something.
puchongite
post Sep 12 2019, 11:17 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Sep 12 2019, 11:09 AM)
I think same will goes to MXQ Cube soon? cuz their netflix ESN also under Xiaomitrial something.
Yes it can possibly happen. But if there is nothing distinguishable in the ESN string, even if they want to do it, it is not implementable. So far to me, I think the MXQ Cube S10X strings is not distinguishable from Xiaomi ESN string.
Scissorshand
post Sep 12 2019, 11:29 AM

Regular
1,516 posts

Voncrane kindly raise this issue to Beelink and update your review!!! mega_shok.gif

puchongite you bought which model?
puchongite
post Sep 12 2019, 11:36 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Sep 12 2019, 11:29 AM)
Voncrane kindly raise this issue to Beelink and update your review!!!  mega_shok.gif

I don't own any Beelink devices. My device is x92. I don't mind getting sponsored boxes though biggrin.gif
voncrane
post Sep 12 2019, 12:25 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Nothing surprising.. Cat and mouse game... Netflix devs are very capable and info shared is public anyways.. So if we can see it, they can too. Only a matter of little time and it's blocked.

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Sep 12 2019, 11:29 AM)
Voncrane kindly raise this issue to Beelink and update your review!!!  mega_shok.gif

Already did before..No concrete plans as yet.. Costs millions of usd to get Netflix certification. Which if they cough up the money to obtain.. Have to consider if it'll be worth it profits-wise. Box pricing is quite competitive now... Nvidia Shield is expensive and still leading. So any manufacturer that wants to price around that level, must be able to meet the Shield on it's level at minimum. Else, people will still go for the Shield.
lyc1982
post Sep 12 2019, 01:26 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

mibox S...however aotg might need some tweaking
GuyM
post Sep 12 2019, 07:18 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

voncrane so the beelink king affected bo by this update? Incl the mini you recently received? Perhaps you can try out other Netflix apk posted few pages back for best compatibility and interim solution

This post has been edited by GuyM: Sep 12 2019, 07:19 PM
voncrane
post Sep 13 2019, 12:25 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Sep 12 2019, 07:18 PM)
voncrane so the beelink king affected bo by this update? Incl the mini you recently received? Perhaps you can try out other Netflix apk posted few pages back for best compatibility and interim solution
I'm going to assume it affects the GT-King too. Can't test on the latest GTmini-2 yet, as we still ironing out a couple bugs to present a more stable fw before release. But yeah, Beelink appears aware of the recent issues and are working on a solution for it. Ask to keep fingers crossed. smile.gif
puchongite
post Sep 13 2019, 08:21 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Sep 13 2019, 12:25 AM)
I'm going to assume it affects the GT-King too. Can't test on the latest GTmini-2 yet, as we still ironing out a couple bugs to present a more stable fw before release. But yeah, Beelink appears aware of the recent issues and are working on a solution for it. Ask to keep fingers crossed.  smile.gif
How is that affecting GT king when it was not able to run the TV version of netflix since day one ?

It is interesting to see how Beelink is going to fix this. Maybe they recommend modded netflix apk ? That will be funny then.

Another way is to quietly leak out a way to reprogram the ESN number and DRM cert, like MeCool provided a way to 'burnkey' via an apk.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Sep 13 2019, 02:28 PM
ajay67
post Sep 13 2019, 03:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Sep 12 2019, 01:26 PM)
mibox S...however aotg might need some tweaking
cannot play without tweaking? & how to tweak?
GuyM
post Sep 14 2019, 03:11 PM

Regular
1,767 posts

QUOTE(ajay67 @ Sep 13 2019, 03:22 PM)
cannot play without tweaking? & how to tweak?
Go ask at mibox thread
voncrane
post Sep 16 2019, 12:12 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 13 2019, 08:21 AM)
How is that affecting GT king when it was not able to run the TV version of netflix since day one ?

It is interesting to see how Beelink is going to fix this. Maybe they recommend modded netflix apk ? That will be funny then.

Another way is to quietly leak out a way to reprogram the ESN number and DRM cert, like MeCool provided a way to 'burnkey' via an apk.
I can neither confirm not deny certain aspects at this time. Especially given the tricky nature of it all.. Personally, I use the Smart TV app or advocate getting a cheap certified device and be done with it.. All these hacks, tips n tricks are just bailing water out of a confirmed sinking ship. Netflix will continue to block all until they decide to open it up for all instead.
azwandy
post Sep 17 2019, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Sep 13 2019, 09:21 AM)

Beelink did reply to my email..

From: beelinkservice@bee-link.com <beelinkservice@bee-link.com>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2019 10:55 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Re: RE: Flashing GT-Mini A with GT1 Mini firmware

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
We will listen to your suggestions.

Best regards

Date: 2019-09-13 14:46
To: beelinkservice@bee-link.com
Subject: RE: RE: Flashing GT-Mini A with GT1 Mini firmware
Hi Beelink

No worries, I managed to flash already my gt mini-a with gt1 mini firmware. As for Netflix 4K, I already have Mibox S and Mibox 3 to support 4K.

My suggestion is you really need to apply for Netflix/Google licensing properly, as I am afraid even though you change again your Netflix ESN, Netflix might block you again. Same thing that happened to Mecool.

With this kind of thing happening, really bring bad name to your company.

With proper Google/Netflix cert, you can improve your brand name.

Thank you.

Warmest Regards,
I don't see any way for beelink to recover after this.. I bet the sales of gt1-a and gt mini-a will drop dramatically..

lesson learned the hard way..

if u guys wanna enjoy netflix HD, don't bother other china brand boxes.. go only for:

1) Nvidia Shield
2) Mibox S
3) Amazon firetv stick/cube
4) Apple TV
5) Roku
6) Smarttv with AndroidTV/ Proprietary OS that supports Netflix HD/4K..

good luck everyone..

This post has been edited by azwandy: Sep 17 2019, 05:27 PM
azwandy
post Sep 17 2019, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(GuyM @ Sep 10 2019, 07:28 PM)
Then this one lo very basic still meets his/her needs

dont waste ur money on this if you want to get netflix HD/4K.. same like beelink gtmini-a,gt1-a potential to be ban later
Scissorshand
post Sep 17 2019, 09:15 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

I hereby CONLANFIRM this method gives 1080HD on my Mecool KM3 L1 DRM boxes for Netflix (for now till netflix decides to do something). Don't update the app if it prompts and follow the video, don't need to understand to get it done

Next is to try it on Mecool m8s Pro L later

Update : neighbour says doesnt work on mecool m8s Pro L.. Haha!

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Sep 17 2019, 09:41 PM
puchongite
post Sep 17 2019, 11:34 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Sep 17 2019, 09:15 PM)
I hereby CONLANFIRM this method gives 1080HD on my Mecool KM3 L1 DRM boxes for Netflix (for now till netflix decides to do something). Don't update the app if it prompts and follow the video, don't need to understand to get it done

Next is to try it on Mecool m8s Pro L later

Update : neighbour says doesnt work on mecool m8s Pro L.. Haha!
Both KM3 and M8S Pro L are Widevine L1 ?

367 Pages « < 298 299 300 301 302 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 AM