125 Pages « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[V30] Lowyat.Net Mechanical Keyboard Club

views

horns
post Oct 19 2017, 12:57 AM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 19 2017, 12:49 AM)
It's just announced recently.
Not sure if it will ever reach here.
ah.. they said 'available immediately from the Corsair network of authorized retailers and distributors.' lol http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/corsair-l...eycaps-kit.html
zongeva
post Oct 20 2017, 06:40 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(Nursh @ Oct 18 2017, 05:44 PM)
I overlooked that option of buying separate springs, thanks form the advice.
Since domes are the main mechanism that gives electro-capacitive switches tactility and ability to rebound, you can try find 45g or 55g dome sheets from taobao when you purchase the plum. I see a lot people on reddit mod their plums for heavier domes.

This post has been edited by zongeva: Oct 20 2017, 06:47 PM
Skylinestar
post Oct 20 2017, 07:39 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

anyone use cherry MX black for gaming?
zongeva
post Oct 20 2017, 09:15 PM

On my way
561 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 20 2017, 07:39 PM)
I do game with gateron blacks. It's quite nice.
horns
post Oct 20 2017, 11:28 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(zongeva @ Oct 20 2017, 06:40 PM)
Since domes are the main mechanism that gives electro-capacitive switches tactility and ability to rebound, you can try find 45g or 55g dome sheets from taobao when you purchase the plum. I see a lot people on reddit mod their plums for heavier domes.
ah there is this dome sheet also. a nice tip smile.gif

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Oct 20 2017, 07:39 PM)
yes i do. it's not that heavy actually. to me black is just the stiffer version of red.
Krv23490
post Oct 22 2017, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,150 posts

How do you guys normally clean your beloved keyboard?
Mr.7
post Oct 22 2017, 10:01 AM

Regular
1,242 posts

QUOTE(Krv23490 @ Oct 22 2017, 09:49 AM)
My ducky one tkl comes with plastic cover, so minimal cleaning is required. Will use camera lens hand pump to blow away dust
irsyadfy
post Oct 22 2017, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Krv23490 @ Oct 22 2017, 09:49 AM)
hold upside down. goncang2.
fuh fuh fuh(tiup tiup)
done.

extra if cabut kikaps one by one and rendam inside denture cleaner and let dry.
feelsbadman
post Oct 22 2017, 05:37 PM

45 posts

Interested in the Anne pro as my first mech keyboard, anyone bought them from Lazada before?

http://www.lazada.com.my/anne-pro-rgb-wire...8ac2jFtsYs&ff=1

Is this ok to buy?
horns
post Oct 23 2017, 02:25 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(feelsbadman @ Oct 22 2017, 05:37 PM)
Interested in the Anne pro as my first mech keyboard, anyone bought them from Lazada before?

http://www.lazada.com.my/anne-pro-rgb-wire...8ac2jFtsYs&ff=1

Is this ok to buy?
just grab it if you liked it. it's the same model no matter where you get it, unless you're looking for different switches, and you want warranty. (as stated in the page, there is no warranty covered)

feelsbadman
post Oct 23 2017, 03:16 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(horns @ Oct 23 2017, 02:25 PM)
just grab it if you liked it. it's the same model no matter where you get it, unless you're looking for different switches, and you want warranty. (as stated in the page, there is no warranty covered)
Thank you, just curious why every seller sell all the same products
I was searching for easiest and cheapest way to buy these since i live in the east usually cost more for shipping. so wondering where everyone buys their kb
I was looking for either blue or brown switches but since there is no option..i'll just go with what they have..but never tried browns before

also got a lot of poison while browsing taobao for keycaps
horns
post Oct 23 2017, 04:00 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(feelsbadman @ Oct 23 2017, 03:16 PM)
Thank you, just curious why every seller sell all the same products
I was searching for easiest and cheapest way to buy these since i live in the east usually cost more for shipping. so wondering where everyone buys their kb
I was looking for either blue or brown switches but since there is no option..i'll just go with what they have..but never tried browns before

also got a lot of poison while browsing taobao for keycaps
welcome friend from the east smile.gif

er i think it's the same like other items. everyone is selling the same thing in general. the thing that matters to you (and only you, because you're the one who use it lol) might be your mods on the same model later on.

actually afaik here we have two better choices only: storeuni.com and ultimate.zone. (lazada might be a good place to source for cheap boards, but just read their warranty policies; ask the seller if necessary) if you don't mind used boards, there are lyn garage sales, and malaysia mech market fb group. if it's outside the country, yes, there are a lot more places.

btw, storeuni.com does give you options (at least a better selection of switches).

Moogle Stiltzkin
post Oct 25 2017, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,009 posts

Just an example of a skeuomorphism ( a concept first invented by archaeologist Henry March in 1890. There are more definitions than you can count, but broadly it refers to the aspects of an object’s design that no longer have a function)

The most famous case is the keyboards of modern computers. The QWERTY layout, the name of which comes from the first six letters on the upper left-hand row, was created by newspaper editor Christopher Latham Sholes in the early 1870s. According to urban legend, the design was intended to make typing slow and awkward. In reality, it made his writers even quicker.

At the time typewriters had a major flaw: if you pressed down on two neighbouring characters in quick succession, the whole thing would jam. To overcome this he designed a keyboard where the letters that often follow each other in a sentence, such as “ST”, were placed further apart.

Eventually this layout was copied onto other technologies. There’s no longer any mechanical need for it and others such as Dvorak, a simplified keyboard invented by educational psychologist August Dvorak in 1936, require less finger movement and boost typing speed. Yet QWERTY has stuck because that’s what we all learned on.  

source:[B]
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20171023-t...modern-products

thumbsup.gif

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001637.htm

so unfortunately something outdated like QWERTY is still in use regardless of more logically thought out layouts better suited for the job.

But it takes time to learn a new layout, ontop of having to worry whether a game or app supports it, and as gamers the WASD is quite important as well rclxub.gif but qwerty isn't going away anytime soon.

So using that as a basis i doubt that some of these outdated skeuomorphisms will necessarily be dying off anytime soon, especially if we are already habitually hooked into their usage.

I did try dvorak out of curiosity but quickly reverted back to QWERTY after a while.

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Oct 25 2017, 05:10 PM
irsyadfy
post Oct 25 2017, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Oct 25 2017, 04:55 PM)
Just an example of a skeuomorphism ( a concept first invented by archaeologist Henry March in 1890. There are more definitions than you can count, but broadly it refers to the aspects of an object’s design that no longer have a function)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

thumbsup.gif

so unfortunately something outdated like QWERTY is still in use regardless of more logically thought out layouts better suited for the job.

But it takes time to learn a new layout, ontop of having to worry whether a game or app supports it, and as gamers the WASD is quite important as well  rclxub.gif  but qwerty isn't going away anytime soon.

So using that as a basis i doubt that some of these outdated skeuomorphisms will necessarily be dying off anytime soon, especially if we are already habitually hooked into their usage.

I did try dvorak out of curiosity but quickly reverted back to QWERTY after a while.
nice info. thanks

+1

This post has been edited by irsyadfy: Oct 25 2017, 05:26 PM
horns
post Oct 25 2017, 08:29 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(Moogle Stiltzkin @ Oct 25 2017, 04:55 PM)

thumbsup.gif

But it takes time to learn a new layout, ontop of having to worry whether a game or app supports it, and as gamers the WASD is quite important as well  rclxub.gif  but qwerty isn't going away anytime soon.

i just stick to qwerty layout because i have used it since the first day of using a computer.

in fact, as long as everything in the market is still based on the dominant qwerty layout, noone will be able to change it.

edit: i have tried dvorak layout too. it's really hard to adapt when you have built all the muscle memories up for qwerty layout for years. i found myself busy correcting typing errors rather than to be more productive.

superior or not, well, it really depends.

This post has been edited by horns: Oct 26 2017, 12:59 AM
aminar
post Oct 27 2017, 01:13 PM

On my way
517 posts

Anyone here have tried the slim mechanical keyboard using kailh choc switches before?
horns
post Oct 27 2017, 05:50 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(aminar @ Oct 27 2017, 01:13 PM)
Anyone here have tried the slim mechanical keyboard using kailh choc switches before?
maybe not too attractive because it has incompatible stems for keycap replacements. if you're into this, you can try it out and share with us the user experience smile.gif

--

i have tried out the new gateron silent black. to me it's just slightly quieter than normal gat black. (both stock)

imo cherry's implementation of silencing stems are relatively better.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

fatal36
post Oct 29 2017, 01:24 PM

1 posts

am interested in getting one WASD code keyboard, any source to buy it from ?
noobandroid
post Oct 29 2017, 10:57 PM

Audiophile
All Stars
11,836 posts

guys, i have a masterkeys S pro RGB, that crashes itself at random times, RMA once laready, came back the board also like that, i unplugged all my other devices already but it is still happening

could it be my RGB mouse interfering? lol

oh and btw the firmware on the kb was updated and it happened, and IT CANNOT BE UNDONE, so i dunno also if the firmware made it go crazy
horns
post Oct 29 2017, 11:38 PM

\m/
3,036 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Oct 29 2017, 10:57 PM)
guys, i have a masterkeys S pro RGB, that crashes itself at random times, RMA once laready, came back the board also like that, i unplugged all my other devices already but it is still happening

could it be my RGB mouse interfering? lol

oh and btw the firmware on the kb was updated and it happened, and IT CANNOT BE UNDONE, so i dunno also if the firmware made it go crazy
aha! now i'm almost certain that it's the firmware. (i thought i was the only one who faced this; noone seemed to report this) i have similar problems from time to time, but not that frequent.

better rma again, and better ask them don't apply the latest firmware update. (or come up with another firmware update)

note that if you put you hand under the board, where the controller is (which is around arrow keys) you will feel that place is relatively warm after some use.

edit: you can try out unplug the board from pc, press and hold fn + right alt and plug the board in to pc. also, press fn + e for 3-5 seconds, and fn + r for 3-5 seconds, source: http://community.coolermaster.com/topic/16...&comment=129604; somehow with the combo, my board returned to stock firmware version, 1.0.1, not the latest 1.2.1.

This post has been edited by horns: Oct 30 2017, 12:09 AM

125 Pages « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:51 PM