64 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mountain Biking V33, less yappin' more brappin'

views

freddy manson
post Sep 20 2017, 03:50 PM

ðñê hêll ð£ å gµ¥
4,817 posts

QUOTE(penyelam. @ Sep 20 2017, 03:38 PM)
i plan to upgrade to 29" bike after got bonus end of this year.

i plan to buy:

1) frame,
2) fork and
3) wheelset. other components i can swap from my 26"bike

budget around 10k for all 3 items.

please suggest best combination for these 3 items.

bike will be pure XC purpose. criteria: hardtail only, feels as stiff as possible, dont care for comfort. and frame must be able to use triple chainring.

thanks for recommend
buy a Scott Scale (970) and change out the fork for Fox 32 Float SC
this costs around RM6-7k only.
and u can keep the 26er or give it to your siblings or relatives icon_rolleyes.gif
croomaniac
post Sep 21 2017, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(penyelam. @ Sep 20 2017, 05:01 PM)
970 is alu right? i am sick with alloy frame. they are flexy. it annoys me especially when on switchback climbs.
alu & carbon has their own flex, i don't know what exactly that 'flexy' that you meant. I hardly notice the flex on my alu HT, though i'm a 'heavyweight' rider myself. what is your current bike setup?
kilazilla
post Sep 22 2017, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

Hi, any recommendation for bike cleaner/degreaser? Apart from muc off, what are other cheaper alternatives yea which is equally effective?
Brotherjoe
post Sep 22 2017, 06:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,160 posts

QUOTE(penyelam. @ Sep 20 2017, 05:01 PM)
970 is alu right? i am sick with alloy frame. they are flexy. it annoys me especially when on switchback climbs.
What frame are you currently using, Brand and model?
mingyuyu
post Sep 23 2017, 08:57 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

Anyone here riding Kiara/ FRIM these few days? I finally had the time to ride again but Im alone sad.gif
croomaniac
post Sep 25 2017, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(penyelam. @ Sep 22 2017, 09:07 PM)
simple test, try standing with both legs on your pedal and wiggle your body, there is flex. its flex all over.

Cube LTD 26" hardtail. Epicon fork, ZTR crest with Hope hub, full SLX
Cube LTD 26" hardtail.
Maybe the flex come from your tires? I don't know. Maybe the CUBE is the culprit? I don't know. Would be best if you can try your friend's bike to see what bikes actually would not flex as much and tell us here.. hehehe

There are flex in both Carbon & Alu, but seriously I couldn't tell from my riding experience, except that carbon will absorb vibrations better than alu. I hope your next bike will not flexy as much as you would like it to be as stiff as possible.

tzuen
post Sep 25 2017, 10:33 AM

Casual
426 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Sep 23 2017, 08:57 PM)
Anyone here riding Kiara/ FRIM these few days? I finally had the time to ride again but Im alone sad.gif
FRIM is closing down by phases. And Kiara, it's been a year I haven't been there as well, not sure tracks are getting tougher and floods with people or not. In these days, mostly I cycle at KDCF. Wanna venture Setial Alam trail as well only got kakis for that ~
mingyuyu
post Sep 25 2017, 02:09 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(tzuen @ Sep 25 2017, 10:33 AM)
FRIM is closing down by phases. And Kiara, it's been a year I haven't been there as well, not sure tracks are getting tougher and floods with people or not. In these days, mostly I cycle at KDCF. Wanna venture Setial Alam trail as well only got kakis for that ~
the last time i've been to FRIM was last December, and already some trails are closed down sad.gif

I had never been to Kiara yet, need some guidance from sifus here so that I know where to go. how's the trails at KDCF though?
croomaniac
post Sep 26 2017, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Sep 25 2017, 02:09 PM)
the last time i've been to FRIM was last December, and already some trails are closed down sad.gif

I had never been to Kiara yet, need some guidance from sifus here so that I know where to go. how's the trails at KDCF though?
KDCF is getting better in a way, but somehow it attracted a lot of hikers as well.. there are new trails introduces this year

[1] Serenity
[2] Petaling/Salleh

Apart from the existing trails

[3] Scouts
[4] Temuan
[5] Sahabat
[6] Unity
[7] Harmoni

They are seriously great for beginners up to experts. I ride there on weekends. Expect a lot of crowds.

KDCF map

This post has been edited by croomaniac: Sep 26 2017, 03:52 PM
croomaniac
post Sep 27 2017, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

Guys, any good place for truing wheels? (Klang Valley)

Mind to share the cost?

Thanks!
croomaniac
post Sep 27 2017, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Sep 27 2017, 10:18 AM)
Guys, any good place for truing wheels? (Klang Valley)

Mind to share the cost?

Thanks!
Answering my own questions.. haha

Went to GH Speedbikes Kota Damansara, truing + replacing 1 nipple = RM20 = 15mins of work.. and nice kind of work.. recommended.. thumbup.gif
ahchat
post Sep 27 2017, 07:39 PM

WISE KUCENG
885 posts

anyone here using xfusion manic dropper post?

currently thinking of replacing my giant contact dropper post..

either getting a reverb or xfusion
croomaniac
post Sep 28 2017, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(penyelam. @ Sep 27 2017, 06:19 PM)
i want to know is there still alot of people riding in Kemensah (behind zoo) ?

it seems nobody come to PCP anymore these days.

and i have heard of Kemensah and "sofea jane" trail since few years ago but never went there myself.

can i just come alone on weekend? usually got people i can follow ?
words of mouth (from fellow riders) saying that there are closed trail sections and they detour to another route and some of them are closed.. don't take my words as 100% true but somehow i think there are some truth about it. and yes, i have never been there..

QUOTE(ahchat @ Sep 27 2017, 07:39 PM)

sorry ahcat, none of my circle of friends are using xfusion.. its either reverb, fox transfer or KS.. KS being the most wobbling amongst, and may become annoying for some..
thurtin
post Sep 28 2017, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(ahchat @ Sep 27 2017, 07:39 PM)

I have 2 friends running xfusion dropper but not sure which model. Both also had problems. One was leaking oil but still working ok. The other seized and had to be warrantied.

Better top up a bit to get the reverb or fox transfer imho.
ahchat
post Sep 28 2017, 03:55 PM

WISE KUCENG
885 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Sep 28 2017, 03:22 PM)
sorry ahcat, none of my circle of friends are using xfusion.. its either reverb, fox transfer or KS.. KS being the most wobbling amongst, and may become annoying for some..
yeah, all opt for reverb n fox due to popularity=easy to service, spare parts etc

but the latest KS dropper looks good n performed well...most noticeable are the dropper that came with high ends bike like polygon square1
ahchat
post Sep 28 2017, 04:12 PM

WISE KUCENG
885 posts

QUOTE(thurtin @ Sep 28 2017, 03:50 PM)
I have 2 friends running xfusion dropper but not sure which model. Both also had problems. One was leaking oil but still working ok. The other seized and had to be warrantied.

Better top up a bit to get the reverb or fox transfer imho.
cancel on getting the xfusion manic...review says its good, but here, getting the replacement cartridge is a troublesome....getting myself the spez command ircc tomorrow..
mingyuyu
post Sep 28 2017, 07:21 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

anyone riding kiara this weekend?
croomaniac
post Sep 29 2017, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(ahchat @ Sep 28 2017, 04:12 PM)
cancel on getting the xfusion manic...review says its good, but here, getting the replacement cartridge is a troublesome....getting myself the spez command ircc tomorrow..
talking about dropper post, while not using (park at home etc), the dropper post should be released or doesnt matter? Suddenly have a thought on this.. hurmm.. got difference ke? in terms of longevity or stress etc etc whistling.gif
croomaniac
post Sep 29 2017, 09:24 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Sep 29 2017, 09:22 AM)
talking about dropper post, while not using (park at home etc), the dropper post should be released or doesnt matter? Suddenly have a thought on this.. hurmm.. got difference ke? in terms of longevity or stress etc etc  whistling.gif
Sorry answering my own question again.. just found it online.. biggrin.gif

The dropper post has revolutionized riding bicycles off road in the last several years. In no time at all they have gone from being a niche all mountain fad to a part found on every type of bicycle from bike park rats all the way down to elite level cross country and endurance racers. With the dropper becoming ubiquitous to mountain bikes here are a few things to keep in mind to help your dropper function properly between service intervals.

1. Always, always, ALWAYS, store your dropper post in the UP position. All dropper posts are driven up by some sort of spring, usually an air spring. In the Rockshox Reverb for example there is an air chamber that is inflated to 250 PSI, (Pounds per Square inch) when the seat post is in the maximally raised position. If you compress the post all of the way to the bottom of its travel that air spring is now at close to 700PSI! This is an incredible amount of pressure to be pushing on rubber seals. In extreme situations dropper posts stored in the down position frequently, or for a long period of time, can have air migrate past those seals and into the fluid reservoir causing what we call "suspensioning." Suspensioning is when the dropper post has vertical play causing it to move up and down when you weight it and un-weight it.

2. Never, never NEVER, lift your bike or hang it by the seat when the dropper is sagged below the upper position. When the dropper is at any height below maximum it's very bad for the hydraulic mechanism and internal seals to pull up on or lift the bike by the seat. By lifting or hanging your bike by the seat you are running the risk of having premature wear in the seals and internals which can also cause suspensioning of your dropper. This will ultimately lead to a dropper that needs service or a rebuild before its recommended service interval. Always remember to raise your seat all the way before giving your bike to lift operators at a bike park or before putting it in a repair stand.

To get the most out of your dropper post it is best to take good care of it and perform maintenance on the interval recommended by the seat post Manufacturer. By ALWAYS storing your bike with the seat post extended and NEVER lifting your bike by its seat post when the seat is lowered you can help ensure your dropper will perform its best for the longest!

SOS
ahchat
post Sep 29 2017, 10:24 AM

WISE KUCENG
885 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Sep 29 2017, 09:24 AM)
Sorry answering my own question again.. just found it online..  biggrin.gif

The dropper post has revolutionized riding bicycles off road in the last several years. In no time at all they have gone from being a niche all mountain fad to a part found on every type of bicycle from bike park rats all the way down to elite level cross country and endurance racers.  With the dropper becoming ubiquitous to mountain bikes here are a few things to keep in mind to help your dropper function properly between service intervals.

1.  Always, always, ALWAYS, store your dropper post in the UP position.  All dropper posts are driven up by some sort of spring, usually an air spring.  In the Rockshox Reverb for example there is an air chamber that is inflated to 250 PSI, (Pounds per Square inch) when the seat post is in the maximally raised position.  If you compress the post all of the way to the bottom of its travel that air spring is now at close to 700PSI!  This is an incredible amount of pressure to be pushing on rubber seals.  In extreme situations dropper posts stored in the down position frequently, or for a long period of time, can have air migrate past those seals and into the fluid reservoir causing what we call "suspensioning."  Suspensioning is when the dropper post has vertical play causing it to move up and down when you weight it and un-weight it.

2. Never, never NEVER,  lift your bike or hang it by the seat when the dropper is sagged below the upper position.  When the dropper is at any height below maximum it's very bad for the hydraulic mechanism and internal seals to pull up on or lift the bike by the seat. By lifting or hanging your bike by the seat you are running the risk of having premature wear in the seals and internals which can also cause suspensioning of your dropper.  This will ultimately lead to a dropper that needs service or a rebuild before its recommended service interval.    Always remember to raise your seat all the way before giving your bike to lift operators at a bike park or before putting it in a repair stand.

To get the most out of your dropper post it is best to take good care of it and perform maintenance on the interval recommended by the seat post Manufacturer.  By ALWAYS storing your bike with the seat post extended and NEVER lifting your bike by its seat post when the seat is lowered you can help ensure your dropper will perform its best for the longest!

SOS
I followed this rules...but, I stored my bike outside, so its exposed to cold condition/weather (rumah kampung).... sweat.gif

64 Pages « < 51 52 53 54 55 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 PM