64 Pages « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mountain Biking V33, less yappin' more brappin'

views

titan
post Sep 29 2017, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

hello all.. a noob here. a quick question, i've been fortunate to borrow a friend's bike which he has not been using for quite sometime.

would like to seek suggestions on LBS in subang / USJ / sunaway area that can help take a look at it and make necessary fine tuning if necessary (intend to use it on Sunday, no time for full service).

thanks.
titan
post Oct 10 2017, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

i have a budget of sub RM4K and looking to get a hardtail. planning to ride on alternate wkends on roads & trails.

narrow it down to two models as they are available in LBS near me - polygon siskiu 7 and cube attention SL.

understand that polygon is quite famous here in Msia, however the same cannot be said about cube.

appreciate any inputs on these bikes. i welcome other models within the budget too if you can point me to a bicycle store in KL/Sgor.

thank you.

these are their specs.

Attached Image Attached Image
tongyam
post Oct 10 2017, 11:09 PM

perfect
686 posts

i like polygon more
nandayo
post Oct 11 2017, 10:04 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(titan @ Oct 10 2017, 03:23 PM)
i have a budget of sub RM4K and looking to get a hardtail. planning to ride on alternate wkends on roads & trails.

narrow it down to two models as they are available in LBS near me - polygon siskiu 7 and cube attention SL.

understand that polygon is quite famous here in Msia, however the same cannot be said about cube.

appreciate any inputs on these bikes. i welcome other models within the budget too if you can point me to a bicycle store in KL/Sgor.

thank you.

these are their specs.

almost the same.. get polygon.. their customer relation is good .. can join their events

aquilaTE
post Oct 11 2017, 10:05 AM

Casual
481 posts

thank you.

these are their specs.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Both brands mentioned are reputable but yeah, I do hear of Polygon more often than Cube.

Based on the specs given(no hands-on experience on these bikes), both I think are equally good. However, since you are doing both roads & trails, I think the Polygon chain ring setup has a slight advantage(faster) by a small margin on road. Apart from that, I think the next decision is which frame is more appealing to you and which you can get the best deal out of it.

I'm fairly green but I hope this helps a bit.

This post has been edited by aquilaTE: Oct 11 2017, 10:06 AM
titan
post Oct 11 2017, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(tongyam @ Oct 10 2017, 11:09 PM)
i like polygon more

QUOTE(nandayo @ Oct 11 2017, 10:04 AM)
almost the same.. get polygon.. their customer relation is good .. can join their events

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Oct 11 2017, 10:05 AM)
Both brands mentioned are reputable but yeah, I do hear of Polygon more often than Cube.
Based on the specs given(no hands-on experience on these bikes), both I think are equally good. However, since you are doing both roads & trails, I think the Polygon chain ring setup has a slight advantage(faster) by a small margin on road. Apart from that, I think the next decision is which frame is more appealing to you and which you can get the best deal out of it.

I'm fairly green but I hope this helps a bit.

wow. thank you. 3 of 3 in favor of polygon. think it is the most sensible choice as the polygon is also RM500 cheaper than the Cube although the Cube is slightly more handsome looking.

croomaniac
post Oct 11 2017, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

thank you.

these are their specs.

polygon ftw.

p/s: check out K & L Partners Bicycle Shop (you can search on facebook), they sell great bikes (with great discounts) too
titan
post Oct 11 2017, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Oct 11 2017, 03:32 PM)
polygon ftw.

p/s: check out K & L Partners Bicycle Shop (you can search on facebook), they sell great bikes (with great discounts) too
tq sir..

eh.. suddenly stumbled upon xtrada 8 (2018 model) which is priced similar to siskiu 7 (2015 model). hmm..

https://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2018-poly...0-mountain-bike

tongyam
post Oct 11 2017, 08:34 PM

perfect
686 posts

yes you should considering the latest line up of polygon, they are good looking and yeah,
do you buying 650 or 29er? because you are doing road as well.
titan
post Oct 12 2017, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(tongyam @ Oct 11 2017, 08:34 PM)
yes you should considering the latest line up of polygon, they are good looking and yeah,
do you buying 650 or 29er? because you are doing road as well.
leaning towards 27.5.. think 29 is too huge for me. will go surveying to test out the xtrada 8.

aquilaTE
post Oct 12 2017, 11:13 AM

Casual
481 posts

The Xtrada 8 looks wicked. I've also noticed it's a 1x. If you dun mind sacrificing top speed on the road, the abovementioned setup is great.
titan
post Oct 12 2017, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Oct 12 2017, 11:13 AM)
The Xtrada 8 looks wicked. I've also noticed it's a 1x. If you dun mind sacrificing top speed on the road, the abovementioned setup is great.
yes. i'm a bit worried about that too as i'll be going on-road with my RB buddies. sure left behind dry.gif

but my priority is off-road; so something must give i guess.

croomaniac
post Oct 12 2017, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(titan @ Oct 12 2017, 02:23 PM)
yes. i'm a bit worried about that too as i'll be going on-road with my RB buddies. sure left behind  dry.gif

happened to me too, roadies will left you behind for sure. but they are your buddies. they will wait.. haha

anyway, my priority is always off road too, so 1x is the best choice. It will leave you concentrating on rear cassette only, rides better ever since.
aquilaTE
post Oct 12 2017, 02:40 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(titan @ Oct 12 2017, 02:23 PM)
yes. i'm a bit worried about that too as i'll be going on-road with my RB buddies. sure left behind  dry.gif

Previously before getting my current bike, I was contemplating whether to go 2x or 3x. Having borrowed my cousin's bike for few months, the problem I find with 3x is the chain getting stuck often in the chain ring(if I tried switch between the 3... though I don't do this often).

After getting the current bike(2x), I found out my top speed was slightly slower coz the biggest chain ring(after some reading) I have is now 38T as opposed to 42T. Thought I shared this coz I too do both road & trail... currently more on road(usually after work at night) coz I have yet to have the free time over the weekend for trails.

Btw... regardless of the normal setup, there's no way we can keep up with RB on straight or downhill... uphill, maybe if your stamina is better than them... brows.gif
MjMax15
post Oct 12 2017, 04:31 PM

Uncle Scrooge is back!
1,372 posts

if want balance- all rounder i choose 2x
yes, you can go 1x11 setup no problem, but once in group on the road, your feet will loose to catch up lol

This post has been edited by MjMax15: Oct 12 2017, 04:33 PM
thurtin
post Oct 12 2017, 05:46 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

1x Eagle is the way to go! 36t/38t chain ring with 10-50t!
croomaniac
post Oct 13 2017, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(thurtin @ Oct 12 2017, 05:46 PM)
1x Eagle is the way to go! 36t/38t chain ring with 10-50t!
GX look delicious.. but it came with 32t (iinm) as standard.. i wonder if you put on more teeth at the front, will length of the chain sufficient? confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif
titan
post Oct 13 2017, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Oct 12 2017, 02:39 PM)
happened to me too, roadies will left you behind for sure. but they are your buddies. they will wait.. haha

anyway, my priority is always off road too, so 1x is the best choice. It will leave you concentrating on rear cassette only, rides better ever since.
im sure that will happen to me. probably they'll be waiting for me at the next meet up point / mamak.

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Oct 12 2017, 02:40 PM)
Previously before getting my current bike, I was contemplating whether to go 2x or 3x. Having borrowed my cousin's bike for few months, the problem I find with 3x is the chain getting stuck often in the chain ring(if I tried switch between the 3... though I don't do this often).

After getting the current bike(2x), I found out my top speed was slightly slower coz the biggest chain ring(after some reading) I have is now 38T as opposed to 42T. Thought I shared this coz I too do both road & trail... currently more on road(usually after work at night) coz I have yet to have the free time over the weekend for trails.

Btw... regardless of the normal setup, there's no way we can keep up with RB on straight or downhill... uphill, maybe if your stamina is better than them...  brows.gif
haha. true that. thanks for sharing man, so long as we know (sort of) what we are getting ourselves into..

QUOTE(MjMax15 @ Oct 12 2017, 04:31 PM)
if want balance- all rounder i choose 2x
yes, you can go 1x11 setup no problem, but once in group on the road, your feet will loose to catch up lol
yup 2x is the most ideal for what i intend to do -
alternating road and off-road. but we'lll see until i find a better option. and on road to catch up? confirm jelly legs

thurtin
post Oct 13 2017, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Oct 13 2017, 10:37 AM)
GX look delicious.. but it came with 32t (iinm) as standard.. i wonder if you put on more teeth at the front, will length of the chain sufficient?  :confused:  :confused:  :confused:
If you use a new chain, no problem. Don’t think you can reuse existing 11spd chains anyways. Need the narrower 12spd chains to work properly.
tongyam
post Oct 13 2017, 12:07 PM

perfect
686 posts

QUOTE(shadow111 @ May 26 2017, 10:47 PM)
finally.. got myself polygon siskiu29 7 as my first MTB @ 3.5k..
Hopefully I will enjoy my riding..
pls share pic and spec flex.gif

64 Pages « < 52 53 54 55 56 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0213sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:31 PM