Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mountain Biking V33, less yappin' more brappin'

jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 12:04 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Jan 21 2018, 05:38 PM)
U need to find another kind of sport...if need to use tongkay might as well don't cycle Liao..
lol..i dont need to justify my hobby to anyone. I ride only for the thrill of downhill...thats why i go places like Chiangmai, Japan and Rotorua with bike shuttle. but i dont see ebikes as cheating...i see it as a tool that enables me to do more of what i love...downhills.

Are downhillers cheating when they take a shuttle up Gunung Jerai/Chiangmai? Same with skiers or snowboarders? If you enjoy climbing...go ahead..no one stopping you from doing what u love. but to tell others what they should/should not do is condescending

This post has been edited by jwrx: Jan 22 2018, 12:41 PM
aquilaTE
post Jan 22 2018, 09:56 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jan 22 2018, 12:04 AM)
lol..i dont need to justify my hobby to anyone. I ride only for the thrill of  downhill...thats why i go places like Chiangmai, Japan and Rotorua. but i dont see ebikes as cheating...i see it as a tool that enables me to do more of what i love...downhills.
On the other hand, won't ebike be a bit heavier and a bit more cumbersome due to additional batt pack and motor?
jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 11:20 AM

On my way

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jan 22 2018, 09:56 AM)
On the other hand, won't ebike be a bit heavier and a bit more cumbersome due to additional batt pack and motor?
yes...no free lunch in this world. its almost 22kg. But you dont feel the weight at all while riding downhill. Ppl were getting 2-3 feet of air at the PCP Pagoda jump with the bike.

On the trail, it was planted and felt great...i rode all 3 specs back to back...S works was def the best, with the Ohlins front/rear sus combo...very pliant.

Its not for everyone...some ppl will hate it...some ppl will love it....but i guarantee you...try it, and you will have a smile on your face

https://www.facebook.com/Markleo82/videos/10156342093224903/

This post has been edited by jwrx: Jan 22 2018, 11:26 AM
jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 11:25 AM

On my way

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jan 21 2018, 04:42 PM)
Wow didnt know they allow motorcycle on pcp trails
you have misconception about the spesh ebike ler. It has no throttle...you stop pedaling, it stops moving instantly, like normal bike. There is no burnouts or wheelies like motorcross. its 100% silent and rides like normal bike except for the pedal assist.

No pedal...no assist. If you are fit..you will still be faster than a fat fella on the same bike....cos the bike amplifies the power u put in....if you are weak...bike will still be slow.

aquilaTE
post Jan 22 2018, 12:08 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jan 22 2018, 11:20 AM)
yes...no free lunch in this world. its almost 22kg. But you dont feel the weight at all while riding downhill. Ppl were getting 2-3 feet of air at the PCP Pagoda jump with the bike. 

On the trail, it was planted and felt great...i rode all 3 specs back to back...S works was def the best, with the Ohlins front/rear sus combo...very pliant. 

Its not for everyone...some ppl will hate it...some ppl will love it....but i guarantee you...try it, and you will have a smile on your face 

https://www.facebook.com/Markleo82/videos/10156342093224903/
Was wondering initially can you still get air time with that sorta weight but yeah, depends on your skill and speed downhill.

Probably ebike will definitely help fat a*s like me up the steep hill but for now, I need to shed that fat off... lol

I watched Seth tested the S Works a while back... definitely the best but price is also rclxub.gif
jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 12:34 PM

On my way

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Jan 22 2018, 12:08 PM)
Was wondering initially can you still get air time with that sorta weight but yeah, depends on your skill and speed downhill.

Probably ebike will definitely help fat a*s like me up the steep hill but for now, I need to shed that fat off... lol

I watched Seth tested the S Works a while back... definitely the best but price is also  rclxub.gif
i would never recommend a ebike for a newbie....or intermediate riders. Ride normal bike, learn skills, shed body weight...once you know what you are doing with a few years of riding under your belt..a ebike is nice to have.
miaopurr
post Jan 22 2018, 12:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jan 22 2018, 11:25 AM)
you have misconception about the spesh ebike ler. It has no throttle...you stop pedaling, it stops moving instantly, like normal bike. There is no burnouts or wheelies like motorcross. its 100% silent and rides like normal bike except for the pedal assist. 

No pedal...no assist. If you are fit..you will still be faster than a fat fella on the same bike....cos the bike amplifies the power u put in....if you are weak...bike will still be slow. 

i get it. Class 1 ebike n whatever.
Accelerated trail erosion due to the the riders able to ride more and longer, as opposed to riding on a normal bike. No?
jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 12:56 PM

On my way

QUOTE(miaopurr @ Jan 22 2018, 12:52 PM)
i get it. Class 1 ebike n whatever.
Accelerated trail erosion due to the the riders able to ride more and longer, as opposed to riding on a normal bike. No?
more ppl riding, also means more volunteers to maintain trails, more ppl who love the sport...more ppl to fight DBKL when they try to cut our forests

More ppl in the sport....prices come down, more shops open....hopefully more trails built

but anyway...its seriously a moot point...cant stop progress...went from 26->29->27.5 now going to 6Fattie....same with ebikes..its coming. Spez Malaysia will sell truckloads of these new Levo's

This post has been edited by jwrx: Jan 22 2018, 01:00 PM
croomaniac
post Jan 22 2018, 05:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jan 22 2018, 11:25 AM)

currently can't view your playback.. anxious to watch tbh
jwrx
post Jan 22 2018, 06:01 PM

On my way

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Jan 22 2018, 05:14 PM)
currently can't view your playback.. anxious to watch tbh
oh i just posted the levo launch vid...nothing from the event...i didnt take many pics/vids, it was raining and everything wet and muddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2FujcqBrxM

croomaniac
post Jan 23 2018, 10:31 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jwrx @ Jan 22 2018, 06:01 PM)
oh i just posted the levo launch vid...nothing from the event...i didnt take many pics/vids, it was raining and everything wet and muddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2FujcqBrxM
ok tq bro.. able to ride more trails ftw flex.gif
Chubby Mongoose
post Jan 24 2018, 07:14 PM

Group: Newbie

Hi, there, newcomer to the thread.

May I skip if anyone knows where in Malaysia one can find Mongoose MTBs?
croomaniac
post Jan 26 2018, 10:25 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Chubby Mongoose @ Jan 24 2018, 07:14 PM)
Hi, there, newcomer to the thread.

May I skip if anyone knows where in Malaysia one can find Mongoose MTBs?
dunno about mongoose, are you gonna buy one?

i think, personally XDS or Polygon are better and abundantly available.. brows.gif
Chubby Mongoose
post Feb 2 2018, 02:22 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(croomaniac @ Jan 26 2018, 10:25 AM)
dunno about mongoose, are you gonna buy one?

i think, personally XDS or Polygon are better and abundantly available..  brows.gif
Yeah, I see quite a few XDS on the road.

Too bad I can’t just go to my nearest Tesco to get a Mongoose MTB.

The one I’m thinking of I’m thinking of getting is the Impasse. Sadly not available.

I Ike my new MTB though. Same feeling as my first Honda Civic, ooysh.

64 Pages « < 62 63 64Top
Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0701sec    2.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 02:20 AM