68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How to decide the type of CCTV you need?, Security System - CCTV

views

spreeeee
post Nov 3 2016, 04:42 PM

♠ . ♥ . ♣ . ♦
3,755 posts

hi, i'm using YI home camera (http://www.yitechnology.com/homecamera/index/id/1.html) and install/using their official app for monitoring. i have been using quite some times, but recently my android phone detected it is a harmful app, anyone encounter this before on YI home or any other cctv app?

user posted image
TSCold|Drawn
post Nov 4 2016, 05:24 PM

Regular
1,138 posts

There's a recent fiasco in the world of IoT where security cameras are hacked and infected with Mirai botnet malware to bring down the Dyn server. The cause has brought down several sites like twitter and reddit. Probably google is being very particular regarding on the app to protect potential malware being spread to smartphones?
CarrionLopez557
post Nov 4 2016, 05:26 PM

3 posts

Thank you for sharing such nice info about CCTV cameras. But most of the time people don't consider of the important things.
longpants
post Nov 19 2016, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

The articles in this thread is super informative! Thanks a lot!

Anyone having wifi connected system for their cameras to provide their comments and feedback? As now days, we use so much wireless and less cables, I am thinking to get some wireless cameras at home instead of the wired ones.

I am looking at this Hikvision wireless camera set from taobao. Wireless camera + wireless receivers.. Any humble comments? smile.gif

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=524452...d=3121208796647
alexander3133
post Nov 20 2016, 07:04 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 19 2016, 11:27 PM)
The articles in this thread is super informative! Thanks a lot!

Anyone having wifi connected system for their cameras to provide their comments and feedback? As now days, we use so much wireless and less cables, I am thinking to get some wireless cameras at home instead of the wired ones.

I am looking at this Hikvision wireless camera set from taobao. Wireless camera + wireless receivers.. Any humble comments? smile.gif

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=524452...d=3121208796647
NVR: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_679_i4418.html
Camera: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_191_i7025.html

Although is wireless, you will still need to provide power point at the location of the camera.

The NVR specification stated that the total max recording bandwidth is 25 Mbps.
The camera, each can supply max of 8 Mbps, 4 of them will be 32 Mbps, which exceed the total max bandwidth of the NVR.
You might need to cap the max bandwidth for each camera to 6 Mbps, should be available in the settings inside NVR.

Tip #1: Avoid bundle hard disk together, reason is chances are the hard disk might suffer damage during shipping from China to Malaysia. You can get the surveillance hard disk like Western Digital Purple in Malaysia, and then install the hard disk yourself.

Tip #2: Since you planned to get the whole set of CCTV solution from China, your parcel might subject to GST, since the total amount of the parcel import is more than RM 500.
longpants
post Nov 20 2016, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(alexander3133 @ Nov 20 2016, 07:04 AM)
NVR: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_679_i4418.html
Camera: http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_191_i7025.html

Although is wireless, you will still need to provide power point at the location of the camera.

The NVR specification stated that the total max recording bandwidth is 25 Mbps.
The camera, each can supply max of 8 Mbps, 4 of them will be 32 Mbps, which exceed the total max bandwidth of the NVR.
You might need to cap the max bandwidth for each camera to 6 Mbps, should be available in the settings inside NVR.

Tip #1: Avoid bundle hard disk together, reason is chances are the hard disk might suffer damage during shipping from China to Malaysia. You can get the surveillance hard disk like Western Digital Purple in Malaysia, and then install the hard disk yourself.

Tip #2: Since you planned to get the whole set of CCTV solution from China, your parcel might subject to GST, since the total amount of the parcel import is more than RM 500.
Thanks for the tips. Really really helpful! rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

I am fine with power points because the house have power points that can be extended. But if connect straight to the recorder thingy, it will be hassle for me.

Haven't thought about Tip#2 though. I read some where that any wireless items requires SIRIM and all. >.< I hope so agents such as EZBUY can help sort this out though.
TSCold|Drawn
post Nov 21 2016, 04:25 PM

Regular
1,138 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 20 2016, 11:05 PM)
Thanks for the tips. Really really helpful! rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif

I am fine with power points because the house have power points that can be extended. But if connect straight to the recorder thingy, it will be hassle for me.

Haven't thought about Tip#2 though. I read some where that any wireless items requires SIRIM and all. >.< I hope so agents such as EZBUY can help sort this out though.
If you are buying from China, especially any electronics with software required.

In your case, IP cameras will have its own user interface, you'll need to login to the IP camera and do some basic settings, such as:

1. IP configuration
2. Motion, or continuous recording setting
3. Memory card formatting (there should be a setting in the UI as well)
4. Encoding setting for resolution and frame rate

Most likely, China products do not come with English firmware, unless you're comfortable with Chinese firmware, then please take note. Hmm, also there's a way that could possibly update the firmware from Chinese to English but it comes with great learning curve and lots of time as well. Not to mention that there's always a risk in cross updating different firmware language. Worse to worst, you might end up with some gibberish language mixed up.
longpants
post Nov 21 2016, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(Cold|Drawn @ Nov 21 2016, 04:25 PM)
If you are buying from China, especially any electronics with software required.

In your case, IP cameras will have its own user interface, you'll need to login to the IP camera and do some basic settings, such as:

1. IP configuration
2. Motion, or continuous recording setting
3. Memory card formatting (there should be a setting in the UI as well)
4. Encoding setting for resolution and frame rate

Most likely, China products do not come with English firmware, unless you're comfortable with Chinese firmware, then please take note. Hmm, also there's a way that could possibly update the firmware from Chinese to English but it comes with great learning curve and lots of time as well. Not to mention that there's always a risk in cross updating different firmware language. Worse to worst, you might end up with some gibberish language mixed up.
I went to read up the menu available in the Hikvision website. It says it supports English for web interface

Under the web interface for IP configuration, the manuals says that the below. So i believe it is available in English. Perhaps someone using hikvision can confirm on this.
目前 WEB 控件支持简体中文、英文两种语言。

This post has been edited by longpants: Nov 21 2016, 10:01 PM
TSCold|Drawn
post Nov 22 2016, 01:20 AM

Regular
1,138 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 21 2016, 09:59 PM)
I went to read up the menu available in the Hikvision website. It says it supports English for web interface

Under the web interface for IP configuration, the manuals says that the below. So i believe it is available in English. Perhaps someone using hikvision can confirm on this.
目前 WEB 控件支持简体中文、英文两种语言。
Hmm, from what I remember the firmware usually comes exclusive. Yes, the device does support both languages. However, when shipped to their dealers, in order to protect all dealers, manufacturers prepare chinese language for china market and english for overseas. Therefore, Chinese dealers won't be able to disrupt overseas market.

It's best if you can confirm with the seller in China, don't refer based on their website. It's not wrong to announce that their devices support both languages, but which language firmware are you getting?

Better be safe than sorry. rclxms.gif
longpants
post Nov 22 2016, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(Cold|Drawn @ Nov 22 2016, 01:20 AM)
Hmm, from what I remember the firmware usually comes exclusive. Yes, the device does support both languages. However, when shipped to their dealers, in order to protect all dealers, manufacturers prepare chinese language for china market and english for overseas. Therefore, Chinese dealers won't be able to disrupt overseas market.

It's best if you can confirm with the seller in China, don't refer based on their website. It's not wrong to announce that their devices support both languages, but which language firmware are you getting?

Better be safe than sorry.  rclxms.gif
Haven't get any of the above yet. Only bought two EZVIZ C2C from taobao through ezbuy but still haven't leave China yet. Wanted to try out and see first then only decide where to go next. I will ask the seller before purchasing though to confirm whether it supports english.
alexander3133
post Nov 22 2016, 01:58 PM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 22 2016, 10:34 AM)
Haven't get any of the above yet. Only bought two EZVIZ C2C from taobao through ezbuy but still haven't leave China yet. Wanted to try out and see first then only decide where to go next. I will ask the seller before purchasing though to confirm whether it supports english.
You bought the EZVIZ C2C from China, but I am not sure if you can successfully register for account on ys7.com for remote viewing, because to create account on ys7.com, you will be required to have cellphone number from China, as far as I know of.

I am not sure if registering an account on ezvizlife.com will work or not, but you can try.
henryj8
post Nov 22 2016, 09:32 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 22 2016, 10:34 AM)
Better return the ipcam.EZVIZ China can never been used here.
longpants
post Nov 22 2016, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
258 posts

QUOTE(alexander3133 @ Nov 22 2016, 01:58 PM)
You bought the EZVIZ C2C from China, but I am not sure if you can successfully register for account on ys7.com for remote viewing, because to create account on ys7.com, you will be required to have cellphone number from China, as far as I know of.

I am not sure if registering an account on ezvizlife.com will work or not, but you can try.
QUOTE(henryj8 @ Nov 22 2016, 09:32 PM)
Better return the ipcam.EZVIZ China can never been used here.
With the assumption I can register an account on ezvizlife.com, I thought it would be able to use for Ezviz china version. sad.gif
henryj8
post Nov 22 2016, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(longpants @ Nov 22 2016, 10:44 PM)
With the assumption I can register an account on ezvizlife.com, I thought it would be able to use for Ezviz china version. sad.gif
OK. Ezviz China is for China market only. You need China phone number to register. Even if you manage to register, it can only view for a while then it will blackout. Since it is a P2P ipcam, when blackout it will become a brick. Dahwa P2P IPCam also same.
TSCold|Drawn
post Nov 23 2016, 03:01 AM

Regular
1,138 posts

QUOTE(henryj8 @ Nov 22 2016, 10:53 PM)
OK. Ezviz China is for China market only. You need China phone number to register. Even if you manage to register, it can only view for a while then it will blackout. Since it is a P2P ipcam, when blackout it will become a brick. Dahwa P2P IPCam also same.
Something new everyday, learn the operations of an alternative brand today! smile.gif
So for EZVIZ, they control their products via the P2P availability out of China...
alexander3133
post Nov 23 2016, 05:36 AM

Regular
1,649 posts

QUOTE(Cold|Drawn @ Nov 23 2016, 03:01 AM)
Something new everyday, learn the operations of an alternative brand today! smile.gif
So for EZVIZ, they control their products via the P2P availability out of China...
Even EZVIZ remote viewing service also get embedded in almost all recent Hikvision XVR and NVR.
Two5Kid
post Dec 1 2016, 10:10 PM

On my way
629 posts

Asking the thread starter for some advice. No budget restraints but no need to go over the top. Got dogs around to help out. New build so wiring also not a problem. Which system would you recommend if:

1) Outdoor monitoring only.
2) 4-6 cameras.
3) Say keep the video for 48 hours then rewipe.
4) Hopefully can view the video from TV channel. Say channel 13-17.
5) Night vision or at least low light.
idealhometech
post Dec 2 2016, 12:16 AM

NCS
917 posts

QUOTE(Two5Kid @ Dec 1 2016, 10:10 PM)
Asking the thread starter for some advice. No budget restraints but no need to go over the top. Got dogs around to help out. New build so wiring also not a problem. Which system would you recommend if:

1) Outdoor monitoring only.
2) 4-6 cameras.
3) Say keep the video for 48 hours then rewipe.
4) Hopefully can view the video from TV channel. Say channel 13-17.
5) Night vision or at least low light.
1. Outdoor Monitoring, you need weatherproof camera
2. 4 - 6 cameras? 4 cameras, use 4ch DVR, if 6 cams, hv to use 8ch DVR
3. Put 1 1TB HDD, record 24hrs, FullHD 6Cams, can keep up to 1week and DVR will overwrite for you automatically
4. use HDMI, switch source/input on TV to connected HDMI Input
5. Now night vision is standard, Full HD Camera even got color at night.
earthling1984
post Dec 2 2016, 01:09 AM

Getting Started
178 posts

Need help guys, read the info but too technical for me.

Basically I bought a wireless system for rm1k however guy said need to change battery every 6months or so. So the wired alarm is better but cost me rm2k with extra keypad and without windows detector. Is it a fair price? Booked during expo.

The CCTV would cost another rm2k!

Wondering if I should just get wireless ip camera as I only need 2 and power point is ready. Attached Image Attached Image
Two5Kid
post Dec 2 2016, 06:12 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(idealhometech @ Dec 2 2016, 12:16 AM)
1. Outdoor Monitoring, you need weatherproof camera
2. 4 - 6 cameras? 4 cameras, use 4ch DVR, if 6 cams, hv to use 8ch DVR
3. Put 1 1TB HDD, record 24hrs, FullHD 6Cams, can keep up to 1week and DVR will overwrite for you automatically
4. use HDMI, switch source/input on TV to connected HDMI Input
5. Now night vision is standard, Full HD Camera even got color at night.
Oh, maybe I need to be specific. Which brand or system do you recommend?

68 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0963sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 PM