Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Hong Kong V5 (Travel)

inachi
post Nov 15 2017, 04:41 PM

i don troll
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 15 2017, 04:20 PM)
Oh the food cost is kinda like South Korea.

Is 2.5k for 3 pax for 14 days is enough? hmm.gif Cause let's say 1 meal for 1 pax is about RM 30...1 day 3 meals so that means 100 per pax and 300 for 3 pax. Going for 14 days mean 300 x 14 = RM4200?  blink.gif

I do notice the accommodation part is costly in Hong Kong. Most of the places barely fits the bed only  sweat.gif
4200 for food + 1700 for flights + 2500 for accommodation + xx entrance ticket + xx transportation...10k enough? hmm.gif
I spend RM3500 for 8 days..I don think 10k is enough.

RM2500 for accomodation, i really don't think its enough..

And depends on what entrance ticket, if u wanna go place like Ocean Park or what, it's gonna cost u another amount of money. ANd don't forget all the miscellaneous items, like ur souvenirs..they cost a lot too.

And from Hong Kong to Macau, the ferry going to cost u extra RM300..
Duckies
post Nov 15 2017, 05:02 PM

Rubber Ducky

QUOTE(inachi @ Nov 15 2017, 04:41 PM)
I spend RM3500 for 8 days..I don think 10k is enough.

RM2500 for accomodation, i really don't think its enough..

And depends on what entrance ticket, if u wanna go place like Ocean Park or what, it's gonna cost u another amount of money. ANd don't forget all the miscellaneous items, like ur souvenirs..they cost a lot too.

And from Hong Kong to Macau, the ferry going to cost u extra RM300..
LOL!!!! sweat.gif 3.5k for 8 days?? Mind breaking down the cost so that I can re-plan again? Maybe I already messed up the calculation sweat.gif
inachi
post Nov 15 2017, 05:28 PM

i don troll

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 15 2017, 05:02 PM)
LOL!!!! sweat.gif 3.5k for 8 days?? Mind breaking down the cost so that I can re-plan again? Maybe I already messed up the calculation sweat.gif
Flight - RM600 return (Cathay Pacific)
Accomodation - RM1400 (6 nights)
Turbojet to Macau - RM180
The Peak (Madame Tussads Wax Museum) - RM160

The remaining RM1300 is all my food, souvenirs, and all the small stuffs like your daily MRT ride, airport transfer etc.

Duckies
post Nov 16 2017, 08:27 AM

Rubber Ducky

QUOTE(inachi @ Nov 15 2017, 05:28 PM)
Flight - RM600 return (Cathay Pacific)
Accomodation - RM1400 (6 nights)
Turbojet to Macau - RM180
The Peak (Madame Tussads Wax Museum) - RM160

The remaining RM1300 is all my food, souvenirs, and all the small stuffs like your daily MRT ride, airport transfer etc.
Where did you stay ya?
sweet_pez
post Nov 16 2017, 11:01 AM

Kia Kaha!

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 15 2017, 04:20 PM)
Oh the food cost is kinda like South Korea.

Is 2.5k for 3 pax for 14 days is enough? hmm.gif Cause let's say 1 meal for 1 pax is about RM 30...1 day 3 meals so that means 100 per pax and 300 for 3 pax. Going for 14 days mean 300 x 14 = RM4200?  blink.gif

I do notice the accommodation part is costly in Hong Kong. Most of the places barely fits the bed only  sweat.gif
4200 for food + 1700 for flights + 2500 for accommodation + xx entrance ticket + xx transportation...10k enough? hmm.gif
Don't under budget, better to over budget and spend less later on.
Meal at RM100 for 3 pax is not impossible but better to loosen up your spending to make it less restrained.

The regular breakfast that consists of 1 macaroni & soup + eggs + bread + a drink (hot) costs approximately HKD$48-$50.
If you wish to try other things such as Polo Bun, toast etc you'll have to spend extra. Not to forget, there's lunch and dinner that usually costs abit more.
You'll want to eat dimsum too biggrin.gif

All in all, suggestion is to budget RM150-RM200 for food so that you can enjoy without feeling tied up.

And yes accommodation is expensive. I stayed in JJ Hotel but that was in summer, so the price was decent. In peak, it won't be cheap.

Don't lump your calculation; always estimate with per pax cost rather than overall spending. Your xx entrance ticket and transport tak boleh pakai lo. You need to have a good estimation for those. Don't look down on these, I spent few hundred alone on Klook by getting their packages for attractions. And transport ain't cheap depending on where you want to go.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Nov 16 2017, 11:44 AM
Duckies
post Nov 16 2017, 11:04 AM

Rubber Ducky

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Nov 16 2017, 11:01 AM)
Don't under budget, better to over budget and spend less later on.
Meal at RM100 for 3 pax is not impossible but better to loosen up your spending to make it less restrained.

The regular breakfast that consists of 1 macaroni & soup + eggs + bread + a drink (hot) costs approximately HKD$48-$50.
If you wish to try other things such as Polo Bun, toast etc you'll have to spend extra. Not to forget, there's lunch and dinner that usually costs abit more.
You'll want to eat dimsum too biggrin.gif

All in all, suggestion is to budget RM150-RM200 for food so that you can enjoy without feeling tied up.

And yes accommodation is expensive and I . I stayed in JJ Hotel but I went in summer, so the price was decent. In peak, it won't be cheap.

Don't lump your calculation; always estimate with per pax cost rather than overall spending. Your xx entrance ticket and transport tak boleh pakai lo. You need to have a good estimation for those. Don't look down on these, I spent few hundred alone on Klook by getting their packages for attractions. And transport ain't cheap depending on where you want to go.
Hmmm this is harder than expected sweat.gif Initially thought 10k for 3 pax would be sufficient but now have to recalculate hmm.gif
sweet_pez
post Nov 16 2017, 11:47 AM

Kia Kaha!

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 16 2017, 11:04 AM)
Hmmm this is harder than expected sweat.gif Initially thought 10k for 3 pax would be sufficient but now have to recalculate  hmm.gif
Sufficient if you do it ala backpacker's style. Hostel, cheap food, less visit on paid tourist attractions etc.

inachi
post Nov 16 2017, 11:55 AM

i don troll

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 16 2017, 08:27 AM)
Where did you stay ya?
I stayed at Hotel MK at Mongkok.

I paid 200+ for a single room with no window. biggrin.gif

But i would say the location is good la..perhaps u can get a slightly cheaper one, but location might not be that good la..

This post has been edited by inachi: Nov 16 2017, 11:56 AM
Duckies
post Nov 16 2017, 01:30 PM

Rubber Ducky

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Nov 16 2017, 11:47 AM)
Sufficient if you do it ala backpacker's style. Hostel, cheap food, less visit on paid tourist attractions etc.
Going with parents so can't really back packer's style. If I am going with friends I'll just stay in dorms to save cost tongue.gif

QUOTE(inachi @ Nov 16 2017, 11:55 AM)
I stayed at Hotel MK at Mongkok.

I paid 200+ for a single room with no window.  biggrin.gif

But i would say the location is good la..perhaps u can get a slightly cheaper one, but location might not be that good la..
Yea saw that as well. Apparently a lot of the accommodation is like that. No windows and small yet costly sweat.gif
kirakun
post Nov 16 2017, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Duckies @ Nov 16 2017, 01:30 PM)
Going with parents so can't really back packer's style. If I am going with friends I'll just stay in dorms to save cost  tongue.gif
Yea saw that as well. Apparently a lot of the accommodation is like that. No windows and small yet costly sweat.gif
I'll be going next year March for 8d7n trip for 2. Budgeted 9k.

So yea i guess your estimate of 10k for 3 for 13d trip is a little too tight.

Rough breakdown as follows:-

Accomodation - 2.5k
Food - 1.8k
Tickets for Entrance(Place of Attraction) - 3k
Macau Ferry Round Trip - 350
Transport & Misc - 1.35k

sweet_pez
post Nov 16 2017, 03:00 PM

Kia Kaha!

Going with parents so can't really back packer's style. If I am going with friends I'll just stay in dorms to save cost  tongue.gif
Since you're going with parents - make it more relaxing for them smile.gif and less tiring.

Some of the things I really enjoyed doing in Hong Kong (and which I will recommend):
- Aqualuna Cruise Ride : this is pricey, but really good. Worth the money in my opinion.
Link: https://www.klook.com/activity/659-aqualuna...sail-hong-kong/

- Lantau Island : it's very pleasant with nice view. Enjoy the Ngong Ping Cable car ride. Opt for the Crystal Cabin for a more exciting experience.
Link: https://www.klook.com/activity/45-ngong-ping-360-hong-kong/

- Horse Race Course : i think it's very nice to experience what locals do. You can check out the race horsing at Happy Valley on Wed night or, Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday afternoon onwards. I went to the one in Sha Tin and spent more than half a day there. Really an awesome experience icon_idea.gif
It's HKG$5 to enter the race course and you can just tap your Octopus card to get in (or buy ticket at the counter).

Don't worry if you don't know how to bet. There's Customer Service counters and "tours" laugh.gif sign up for it and they will walk you through all the sections and explain about the racecourse. You will also get to see the Horse Parade before the race starts. Lastly, they will teach you how to place bet (it's complicated) and how to read your winnings. Min buy I think it's HKD$10. Bought for fun and won ^____^ no doubt the guys at the Customer Service helped me to buy (they suggest what to bet on).

- Madade Tussauds wax museum was fun as well. Another must go is definitely the Symphony of Lights.

Through Klook, you have a special queue counter and the price for these activities are cheaper/ lower than walk-in rate.

Optional: Get RM13 off when you sign up using my code https://www.klook.com/invite/K51JC?c=MYR #justsaying

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Nov 16 2017, 03:01 PM
IpohGuyz
post Nov 16 2017, 03:16 PM

i usually go hong kong just to eat as I have visited all the sight-seeing spots. interesting food to try in hong kong

http://www.accidentaltraveller.com/search/label/Hong%20Kong
Duckies
post Nov 16 2017, 03:31 PM

Rubber Ducky

QUOTE(kirakun @ Nov 16 2017, 01:47 PM)

Accomodation - 2.5k
Food - 1.8k
Transport & Misc - 1.35k
But then I'll spend around 6-7 days in Hong Kong, the rest will be on Macau and Shen Zhen which I think...won't be as expensive? hmm.gif

Btw, 3k for ticket fees???

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Nov 16 2017, 03:00 PM)
Since you're going with parents - make it more relaxing for them smile.gif and less tiring.

Some of the things I really enjoyed doing in Hong Kong (and which I will recommend):
- Aqualuna Cruise Ride : this is pricey, but really good. Worth the money in my opinion.
Link: https://www.klook.com/activity/659-aqualuna...sail-hong-kong/

- Lantau Island : it's very pleasant with nice view. Enjoy the Ngong Ping Cable car ride. Opt for the Crystal Cabin for a more exciting experience.
Link: https://www.klook.com/activity/45-ngong-ping-360-hong-kong/

- Horse Race Course : i think it's very nice to experience what locals do. You can check out the race horsing at Happy Valley on Wed night or, Sha Tin Racecourse on Sunday afternoon onwards. I went to the one in Sha Tin and spent more than half a day there. Really an awesome experience icon_idea.gif
It's HKG$5 to enter the race course and you can just tap your Octopus card to get in (or buy ticket at the counter).

Don't worry if you don't know how to bet. There's Customer Service counters and "tours" laugh.gif sign up for it and they will walk you through all the sections and explain about the racecourse. You will also get to see the Horse Parade before the race starts. Lastly, they will teach you how to place bet (it's complicated) and how to read your winnings. Min buy I think it's HKD$10. Bought for fun and won ^____^ no doubt the guys at the Customer Service helped me to buy (they suggest what to bet on).

- Madade Tussauds wax museum was fun as well. Another must go is definitely the Symphony of Lights.

Through Klook, you have a special queue counter and the price for these activities are cheaper/ lower than walk-in rate.

Optional: Get RM13 off when you sign up using my code https://www.klook.com/invite/K51JC?c=MYR #justsaying
Nice guide! Will definitely do all of the above!

This post has been edited by Duckies: Nov 16 2017, 03:32 PM
inachi
post Nov 16 2017, 04:29 PM

i don troll

yup. but mostly for single room la..if more than 2, usually u will go for those deluxe one

QUOTE(kirakun @ Nov 16 2017, 01:47 PM)

Accomodation - 2.5k
Food - 1.8k
Transport & Misc - 1.35k
wow, ur ticket for entrance cost a lot huh..where do u plan to go?
kirakun
post Nov 16 2017, 04:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(inachi @ Nov 16 2017, 04:29 PM)
yup. but mostly for single room la..if more than 2, usually u will go for those deluxe one
wow, ur ticket for entrance cost a lot huh..where do u plan to go?
Typo error sweat.gif

Disneyland, ngong ping/lantau, victoria peak and ocean park. Should be around 2k.
~mingwei~
post Today, 10:12 AM

Getting Started

MAS is doing promo now for 2018, fare from RM396 return flight if book through Expedia.com
Lester1987
post Today, 11:14 AM

Regular

any activity that is suitable for single traveller? on a business trip here since Sunday. bored like mad wei. everynight go back hotel watch TVB saja sweat.gif
ahlin
post Today, 12:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Lester1987 @ Nov 22 2017, 11:14 AM)
any activity that is suitable for single traveller? on a business trip here since Sunday. bored like mad wei. everynight go back hotel watch TVB saja  sweat.gif
Go have a drink at Ocean Terminal Deck at Harbour City? Newly openend.
sweet_pez
post Today, 12:16 PM

Kia Kaha!

any activity that is suitable for single traveller? on a business trip here since Sunday. bored like mad wei. everynight go back hotel watch TVB saja  sweat.gif
Go Tsim Sha Tsui and watch the Symphony of Light, enjoy the night view. If you feel like it, take a ride up to Victoria Peak for night view.

Get to Happy Valley on Wednesday night for horse race (very onz). Only $5 for entry, you can use your Octopus card to get in. I think you can go in from 6pm onwards, probably close around 10pm? You can even make some friends with the Pub Crawl: https://www.klook.com/activity/13-pub-crawl-hong-kong/

Shopping at Temple Street at night.

inachi
post Today, 12:30 PM

i don troll

what? boring? haha..is this is 23142429 times to HK?

if this is your first time, then which means u are a lazy traveller. lol

This post has been edited by inachi: Today, 12:31 PM

26 Pages « < 24 25 26Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0612sec    5.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:31 PM