Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Hong Kong V5

views

inachi
post Feb 21 2017, 12:33 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 21 2017, 12:44 AM)
guys, iwill be travelling to HK with 2 elderly (60+ year old) and 2 kids (3 years / 1years old) on mid of march this year.

we will stay in one of the Airbnb in grandville road, it will be free and easy trip, i will only arrange 1 tourist spot each day.. and depend on their stamina i will add in some nearby attraction.

Day 1 (sat)- Reaching HK at evening ..
Not too sure if i should hire a MPV or should use the Express train, guys any suggestion?
Wife is more incline on the MPV, as it will reach at doorstep however, price wise, express train definitely cheaper.

Day 2 (sunday)- Victoria Peak, i m looking in the Madame Tussauds 3-in-1 Combo from KLOOK, is it worth it?

Day 3/4 (Monday/tues) - HK disneyland 2 days
Day 5 Tai-O/Ngo ping --> any comment ya? bringing 2 elder and 2 kids?
DAy 6 - Macau .. is it doable in 1 day trip from kowloon ? I actually prefer to bring my kids to Ocean park instead, however the elders wish to go macau.
Day 7 free and easy
Day 8 depart from HK at afternoon

My previous travel to HK is 10 years ago .. i m quite nervous this time, as bringing both my kids

-what is the temperature i will be expecting in mid of march? genting like temperature?
-I will check-in my twin umbrella stroller (5kg), what u guys think if stroller is usabled in HK?
-any recommended wifi device ?
i'll be having my solo trip at early march too..

btw, just fyi Ngo Ping 360 cable car is on maintanance period now..have to go by bus.
cute_boboi
post Feb 21 2017, 03:32 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

guys, iwill be travelling to HK with 2 elderly (60+ year old) and 2 kids (3 years / 1years old) on mid of march this year.

we will stay in one of the Airbnb in grandville road, it will be free and easy trip, i will only arrange 1 tourist spot each day.. and depend on their stamina i will add in some nearby attraction.

Not too sure if i should hire a MPV or should use the Express train, guys any suggestion?
Wife is more incline on the MPV, as it will reach at doorstep however, price wise, express train definitely cheaper.

Day 2 (sunday)- Victoria Peak, i m looking in the Madame Tussauds 3-in-1 Combo from KLOOK, is it worth it?

DAy 6 - Macau .. is it doable in 1 day trip from kowloon ? I actually prefer to bring my kids to Ocean park instead, however the elders wish to go macau.
Day 7 free and easy

My previous travel to HK is 10 years ago .. i m quite nervous this time, as bringing both my kids

-what is the temperature i will be expecting in mid of march? genting like temperature?
-I will check-in my twin umbrella stroller (5kg), what u guys think if stroller is usabled in HK?
Airport at Lantau Island.
Disney/Tai-O/Ngong Ping all also at Lantau Island.
You may want to re-arrange your schedule, move day 2 to day 5, and change accomodation accordingly to stay at Lantau/Tsing Yi, unless you have booked and paid the accomodation already.
FYI, adult return trip MTR Kowloon <-> Lantau roughly HKD40 per person.

Since you have 4 adults + 2 kids, MPV or shuttle van/bus price should be competitive if compared to total cost for AE/bus/MTR. The additional payment is considered for the luxury, comfort and convenience of personal transport.

Use this website for reference March. Also, there is link there for weekly/daily weather forecast, quite frequently updated few times everyday. Especially if there is any typhoon warning.

Stroller is only usable in disneyland/ocean park. Everywhere else will be quite troublesome. You've been there, the streets are full of people.

Just get a 7-day local sim card.

ivzh
post Feb 22 2017, 01:33 PM

On my way
665 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

too bad i have booked the accomodation. I didnt really plan properly before the trip, as i assume HK is a "small" and dense city.

for MRT, for above 3 years old, my kid need to get her own octopus card right?
is the senior citizen rate is eligible for international visitor?
Chester
post Feb 22 2017, 07:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,380 posts

Day 7 free and easy

To travel from airport to hotel... as long as you got more than 2ppl.. taxi is cheaper already. 1 taxi from airport to tst or hk will cost you less than hkd250 with traffic
ivzh
post Feb 22 2017, 11:48 PM

On my way
665 posts

what is the maximum passenger allowed in taxi?

Let say i have 4 adult (normal size), one 3 years old and one 1 years old?
I would like to take taxi for some short distance trip (walking may require 15minutes)
cute_boboi
post Feb 23 2017, 12:07 AM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 22 2017, 01:33 PM)
too bad i have booked the accomodation. I didnt really plan properly before the trip, as i assume HK is a "small" and dense city.

for MRT, for above 3 years old, my kid need to get her own octopus card right?
is the senior citizen rate is eligible for international visitor?
Check MTR website for more info on Octopus and eligibility for senior non-citizens. I've never try this before.

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 22 2017, 11:48 PM)
what is the maximum passenger allowed in taxi?

Let say i have 4 adult (normal size), one 3 years old and one 1 years old?
I would like to take taxi for some short distance trip (walking may require 15minutes)
Standard taxi is 5 adults. Red taxi can go all over HK. Green (and another colour, forgot) cannot cross into HK Island, only Kowloon peninsular and Lantau island.
Short distance within Mongkok <-> TST or HK Island Central <-> Causeway Bay, with plenty of traffic lights, slight jam/heavy traffic, 15 minutes will cover about 3-5km (about 2-4 MTR stops), estimate HKD30-50 only. Crossing tunnel/toll will have additional charge. No need bargain or ask like in M'sia, as long as taxi stop for you, just sit inside. Sometimes taxi driver will not sure of your destination, so you need to guide him if you know. If you can speak Cantonese will be great. Speak Mandarin and they'll hate you (presume you are mainland Chinese). I did write a short topic on this in this thread of earlier threads.
icon_rolleyes.gif
ivzh
post Feb 23 2017, 12:34 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(cute_boboi @ Feb 23 2017, 12:07 AM)
Check MTR website for more info on Octopus and eligibility for senior non-citizens. I've never try this before.
Standard taxi is 5 adults. Red taxi can go all over HK. Green (and another colour, forgot) cannot cross into HK Island, only Kowloon peninsular and Lantau island.
Short distance within Mongkok <-> TST or HK Island Central <-> Causeway Bay, with plenty of traffic lights, slight jam/heavy traffic, 15 minutes will cover about 3-5km (about 2-4 MTR stops), estimate HKD30-50 only. Crossing tunnel/toll will have additional charge. No need bargain or ask like in M'sia, as long as taxi stop for you, just sit inside. Sometimes taxi driver will not sure of your destination, so you need to guide him if you know. If you can speak Cantonese will be great. Speak Mandarin and they'll hate you (presume you are mainland Chinese). I did write a short topic on this in this thread of earlier threads.
icon_rolleyes.gif
5 adults? mean 4 ppl sit in back seat?

MR_alien
post Feb 23 2017, 09:38 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 23 2017, 12:34 AM)
5 adult including taxi driver
means 4 passengers only
cute_boboi
post Feb 23 2017, 12:04 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 23 2017, 12:34 AM)
Yes, do take note on the label at the bumper there. Some 4, some 5 (4 sit at back). Passengers, excluding taxi driver. I'm assuming you are travelling without any big luggage, otherwise the luggages won't fit.

silentz
post Feb 23 2017, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
292 posts

Hi all. I would like to know estimation time to spend on The Peak?

1) Madame Tussauds - 2 hours enough to explore on weekday?
2) Trick Art Museum - worth going?

TQVM!

alvinfks78
post Feb 23 2017, 04:21 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

Hi Guys, safe to buy sim card for Hong from this website?

they sell sim card HK in 11 street. Thats the main page.
http://hello1010.my/
calvin
post Feb 24 2017, 10:56 AM

Tech Enthusiast
1,857 posts

has anyone bought the airport express tickets via klook before ? should the redemption be done at hong kong terminal ? unsure.gif
inachi
post Feb 26 2017, 05:36 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 24 2017, 10:56 AM)
has anyone bought the airport express tickets via klook before ? should the redemption be done at hong kong terminal ? unsure.gif
i just bought it from klook yesterday..

apparently we just board the train until our destination..then only we redeem our tickets from the destination staff to pass through the gate.
inachi
post Feb 26 2017, 07:20 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

is the electrical socket in malaysia same as hongkong?
cute_boboi
post Feb 27 2017, 02:32 PM

° 忍 °
6,416 posts

QUOTE(inachi @ Feb 26 2017, 07:20 PM)
is the electrical socket in malaysia same as hongkong?
Yes, same. Ex-British colonized whistling.gif
The moment you cross into China, it's the flat 2-pin.

saddient
post Feb 27 2017, 10:46 PM

yes or no
686 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Feb 15 2017, 03:47 PM)
Pls purchase from Klook! The horrendous queue we witnessed for those who didnt!
Yup the q is super long omg ..... Luckily bought online..... Just came back
inachi
post Feb 27 2017, 10:50 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(saddient @ Feb 27 2017, 10:46 PM)
Yup the q is super long omg ..... Luckily bought online..... Just came back
purchase from Klook no need queue?

And is 1700HKD enough to survive 5 days? for transport, food and misc stuffs.
alvinfks78
post Feb 28 2017, 09:12 AM

Regular
1,119 posts

hi planning to watch moonlight & manchaster by sea in hk,

are the movie usually dubbed in chinese?
ivzh
post Feb 28 2017, 09:55 PM

On my way
665 posts

hi, is the disneyland meal voucher worth it?
sj0217
post Feb 28 2017, 10:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Feb 28 2017, 09:55 PM)
hi, is the disneyland meal voucher worth it?
Discount price to be purchased for Meal voucher ??

I would say worth it, because very expensive if you direct consume from counter, unless you have decide not to enjoy lunch/dinner there, probably bring bread/biscuit along.

52 Pages « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:48 AM