117 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel South Korea V6, Seoul & Everything Korean

views

chrischiang
post Aug 29 2017, 03:39 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Aug 29 2017, 12:26 PM)
you do not need to understand korean in order for planning. you can easily find lots of information in google, KTO web page, etc
ahh my 1st time to Korea.. My expectation is those shop name/station name will only be in Korean, so im preparing a list with english and korea name.. looks like im over doing.. Will i be lost if i dont have korea name for the place?
westley0214
post Aug 29 2017, 03:44 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Aug 29 2017, 03:39 PM)
ahh my 1st time to Korea.. My expectation is those shop name/station name will only be in Korean, so im preparing a list with english and korea name.. looks like im over doing.. Will i be lost if i dont have korea name for the place?
I successfully self-learn Hangeul in one day, I would suggest you to try it. It's very simple.

Instead of preparing the list, which will possibly take you more time.

Anyway, tourist places around Seoul all come with Hangeul, English and Chinese. Jeju, some places only have Hangeul as of my research.
chrischiang
post Aug 29 2017, 04:22 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Aug 29 2017, 03:44 PM)
I successfully self-learn Hangeul in one day, I would suggest you to try it. It's very simple.

Instead of preparing the list, which will possibly take you more time.

Anyway, tourist places around Seoul all come with Hangeul, English and Chinese. Jeju, some places only have Hangeul as of my research.
self-learn in a day? sound interesting... You learned in online?
westley0214
post Aug 29 2017, 04:23 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Aug 29 2017, 04:22 PM)
self-learn in a day? sound interesting... You learned in online?
Yup learn online. Trust me it isn't hard at all.

I taught my wife, she also conquered it in a day.

Just imagine English alphabet, with letter and vowel.

This will be a good start.

http://www.ryanestrada.com/learntoreadkoreanin15minutes/

yvonnesoo
post Aug 29 2017, 05:40 PM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Aug 29 2017, 01:45 PM)
Hi Yvonne, thanks for the feedback!

Travelling date is gonna be 3 - 14 Oct.

For Day 4, still not sure how will be the route, coz I check online, the distance between the two seemed not too far. I thought I could just use metro to travel back and forth between Insadong and Samcheongdong. Anyway might arrange again if it's not appropriate.

Noted on Day 5, what will be the earliest time to visit shops around Ehwa? 1030 hrs is it considered OK?

For Day 9, thanks for highlighting, seemed like it's really too far for me to visit Osulloc. Need to replan.
har?? no need take metro between insadong & samcheongdong la.. actually just walking distance tongue.gif i just feel that it's time consuming if you walk back and forth only. bukchon is just beside samcheongdong. so you can just go there after bukchon. then after samcheongdong, you can walk downwards to insadong. by that you won't be wasting too much time. that's me la.. for some people, they might like to scroll hehehe..

it will be better at 11am. by then mostly all shop open. you can scroll and walk around. after that go sinchon as per your plan.

yes you need to re plan for your day 9. it's better to focus one side then another day focus another side. else you will be wasting too much time on the road. suggest you view the jeju map then you will roughly know where the attractions is. highlight it and plan from there.

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Aug 29 2017, 03:39 PM)
the shop name is just like our shop name ler.. also they have both english and korean name. of cause some shop do maintain their korean name display. not much actually.. won't get lost if you are in the city. don't worry. biggrin.gif

also even you know to read some of the wording, doesn't means you understand. when local communicate with you in korean, you know nothing and don't know how to respond also.

This post has been edited by yvonnesoo: Aug 29 2017, 05:42 PM
inachi
post Aug 29 2017, 06:55 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Aug 29 2017, 01:45 PM)
Hi Yvonne, thanks for the feedback!

Travelling date is gonna be 3 - 14 Oct.

For Day 4, still not sure how will be the route, coz I check online, the distance between the two seemed not too far. I thought I could just use metro to travel back and forth between Insadong and Samcheongdong. Anyway might arrange again if it's not appropriate.

Noted on Day 5, what will be the earliest time to visit shops around Ehwa? 1030 hrs is it considered OK?

For Day 9, thanks for highlighting, seemed like it's really too far for me to visit Osulloc. Need to replan.
from insadong u can take bus to samcheongdong..its just 2-3 stations away
westley0214
post Aug 30 2017, 02:07 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Aug 29 2017, 05:40 PM)
har?? no need take metro between insadong & samcheongdong la.. actually just walking distance  tongue.gif  i just feel that it's time consuming if you walk back and forth only. bukchon is just beside samcheongdong. so you can just go there after bukchon. then after samcheongdong, you can walk downwards to insadong. by that you won't be wasting too much time. that's me la.. for some people, they might like to scroll hehehe..

it will be better at 11am. by then mostly all shop open. you can scroll and walk around. after that go sinchon as per your plan.

yes you need to re plan for your day 9. it's better to focus one side then another day focus another side. else you will be wasting too much time on the road. suggest you view the jeju map then you will roughly know where the attractions is. highlight it and plan from there.
the shop name is just like our shop name ler.. also they have both english and korean name. of cause some shop do maintain their korean name display. not much actually.. won't get lost if you are in the city. don't worry.  biggrin.gif

also even you know to read some of the wording, doesn't means you understand. when local communicate with you in korean, you know nothing and don't know how to respond also.
QUOTE(inachi @ Aug 29 2017, 06:55 PM)
from insadong u can take bus to samcheongdong..its just 2-3 stations away
Thanks for the feedback! Already revised my plan, Bukchon > Samcheongdong > Insadong
chrischiang
post Aug 31 2017, 06:48 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

Hello.. anyone have experience on Incheon airport to Gimpo airport? By Arex better or airport bus transit??

will reach Seoul at 0655.. how long will it take usually for immigration and baggage collection?

i assuming getting Kt sim card and T-money will take around 30Mins..

My jeju flight is at 1225.. should be in time?
inachi
post Sep 1 2017, 12:45 AM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Aug 31 2017, 06:48 PM)
Hello.. anyone have experience on Incheon airport to Gimpo airport? By Arex better or airport bus transit??

will reach Seoul at 0655.. how long will it take usually for immigration and baggage collection?

then i think u got more than enough time. as long as u have at least 3 hours gap in between then no problem for your second flight. just hope your first flight don't delay.

do take note when u take Arex, because if im not wrong if u go with the Express one it will go all the way to Seoul station, without stopping at Gimpo.
koonghx
post Sep 1 2017, 04:18 PM

Enthusiast
888 posts

QUOTE(westley0214 @ Aug 29 2017, 03:22 PM)
Thanks! Already revised.

N Seoul Tower - morning
Ewha - afternoon
Hongik and Hongdae - evening
I would not suggest Ewha though. Time better spent walk from Mangwon-dong / Yeonnam-dong, then Hongdae, then Sangsu.

Your itinerary included MyeongDong already? N Seoul Tower is close to MyeongDong, and there's a shuttle bus ( I think still has ) it's better to just arrange MyeongDong then N Seoul Tower.
Seoul Tower at night go also not bad.
koonghx
post Sep 1 2017, 04:21 PM

Enthusiast
888 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Aug 31 2017, 06:48 PM)

Definitely enough time..

Immigration and baggage takes 30 minutes if fast, maximum 1 hour.

Check in to flights just 1 hours before then can dy.

They say 3 hours, it's actually 40-50 minutes before flight time then close check-in.

westley0214
post Sep 1 2017, 04:35 PM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(koonghx @ Sep 1 2017, 04:18 PM)
I would not suggest Ewha though. Time better spent walk from Mangwon-dong / Yeonnam-dong, then Hongdae, then Sangsu.

Your itinerary included MyeongDong already? N Seoul Tower is close to MyeongDong, and there's a shuttle bus ( I think still has ) it's better to just arrange MyeongDong then N Seoul Tower.
Seoul Tower at night go also not bad.
Hi, thanks for your suggestions!

Yup itinerary already included Myeongdong, since I will be staying in a hotel in Myeongdong too.

Will do some survey on the locations that you mentioned above.

For N Seoul Tower, I think I will arrange it for evening/night, because from online pictures, the lighting effect looks very nice!
jason18689
post Sep 3 2017, 09:02 PM

[xx Years @ LYN]
3,681 posts

Just a quick versus question.
I only have a night at Seoul (staying near Seoul Station), but which would you guys recommend?

A. Banpo Bridge
B. N Seoul Tower.

Discuss!
inachi
post Sep 3 2017, 10:45 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Sep 3 2017, 09:02 PM)
I only have a night at Seoul (staying near Seoul Station), but which would you guys recommend?

A. Banpo Bridge
B. N Seoul Tower.

Discuss!
b
yvonnesoo
post Sep 5 2017, 10:40 AM

Wanderluster
2,169 posts

QUOTE(jason18689 @ Sep 3 2017, 09:02 PM)

A. Banpo Bridge
B. N Seoul Tower.

Discuss!
B
chrischiang
post Sep 6 2017, 09:39 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

Anyone have experience with DMZ/JSA tour? I'm interested to join a day tour..

i could find a few tour that offering day trip to there.. any guys have experience with Koridoor / TourDMZ... which better?

inachi
post Sep 6 2017, 11:08 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Sep 6 2017, 09:39 PM)
Anyone have experience with DMZ/JSA tour? I'm interested to join a day tour..

i could find a few tour that offering day trip to there.. any guys have experience with Koridoor / TourDMZ... which better?
u can watch this vlog by this youtuber..

chrischiang
post Sep 6 2017, 11:37 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(inachi @ Sep 6 2017, 11:08 PM)
u can watch this vlog by this youtuber..

yup i saw this video from last few pages from this thread.. was wondering which tour agency better
nekkidgramma
post Sep 7 2017, 12:27 PM

37 posts

Planning to backpack in S. Korea for a week in winter. I have zero knowledge about S. Korea and what to visit but first I need to know is it doable? I could probably pick up Hangul if needed.

I absolutely refuse to sign up for a tour package since they usually have a strict schedule.
inachi
post Sep 7 2017, 02:37 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(nekkidgramma @ Sep 7 2017, 12:27 PM)
Planning to backpack in S. Korea for a week in winter. I have zero knowledge about S. Korea and what to visit but first I need to know is it doable? I could probably pick up Hangul if needed.

I absolutely refuse to sign up for a tour package since they usually have a strict schedule.
of coz its doable, why not

117 Pages « < 35 36 37 38 39 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:17 AM