Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

164 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PayPal discussion thread, No PayPal fund sales allowed!

kupraq
post Feb 12 2007, 12:26 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 10:53 PM)
Either ways would be good actually...
If u apply online you receive a letter within a week asking u to visit the branch to produce your IC for verification...  after that u'll have to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the card.. you can choose to receive your card by courier or from the selected branch... hmm...  i think the whole process should be around 1-3 weeks.... depends how fast they gonna process your application...
I applied mine in Seremban.. so it took longer... if you're in KL i suppose it's faster

just an extra infor...

for NexG, u just need to purchase the pack from 7-11 and then complete the Registration Form inside this pack and send it along with a copy of your NRIC in the Postage Paid Reply Envelope provided . If not mistaken, the account should be activated within 1 week then u can proceed to Ambank or any merchant that can let u top up your card....
thanks...that's really helpful.....I need a card that can help me to purchase online like ebay via paypal but without having headache thinking about making payments at the end of the month. debit card is a really good way for a 'poor' man like me....

IYHO....is PB VE the best debit card around....and do I have to own a PB bank account to qualify for the card???

one more thing...I can make a purchase using the card wherever the sign user posted image right.....

This post has been edited by kupraq: Feb 12 2007, 12:38 AM
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 01:34 AM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 12 2007, 12:26 AM)
thanks...that's really helpful.....I need a card that can help me to purchase online like ebay via paypal but without having headache thinking about making payments at the end of the month. debit card is a really good way for a 'poor' man like me....

IYHO....is PB VE the best debit card around....and do I have to own a PB bank account to qualify for the card???

one more thing...I can make a purchase using the card wherever the sign user posted image right.....
i don't have any monthly income since i'm only studying.. therefore, a debit card is more suitable for me... hehe..

Well, so far i think PB VE can consider as the best card in msia... cos the first year is free.. u can terminate it within 1 year if u dun like it... u dun hav to pay anything.. hehe...

usually, u dun really have to have a PBB account to qualify for a debit card... but it's best if u have one... like me... i use my SA to tranfers funds to my card tru online banking... quite convenient for me... if you don't have one... u probably have to take the hassle of going to the bank just to reload your account and to check your account balance.... oh btw... there's a free monthly statement too.. =p

um... if not mistaken, you should be able to purchase a stores with a Visa sign, preferably with a Visa Electron sign too...

I bought my domain name online from a website that only have a Visa logo and my transaction went tru... so i guess.. there's no problem with it.. =)

anyway, i think it's merchant dependent, up to them if they willing to accept or not. conclusion is that, if you're planning to buy stuffs tru ebay, there shouldn't be a problem cos you're only using Paypal as the middle person... =)
inxps
post Feb 12 2007, 02:37 PM

3 posts

Hi meltz84, gud info there. Thanks for sharing it here.
One question, does this debit card entitled for rewards point too, like the CC, which we can redeem with items/fee/etc ?

Thanks.

dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 02:44 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

i got to ambank just now asking for nexG card. and she said there is no monthly payment, and i was like shocking.gif
anyway the lenglui said that i hav to wait 3 working days for them to post da info to my house. will go back later to ask more, and myb reg today rclxm9.gif

edit: just reg it, hapa la amoi 2, suke2 je ckp no monthly pay sweat.gif
need to pay rm3 monthly.
and da guy at da counter said that i can terminate the card anytime thumbup.gif
hohoo paypal here i come. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by dfcloud: Feb 12 2007, 04:05 PM
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 06:23 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(inxps @ Feb 12 2007, 02:37 PM)
Hi meltz84, gud info there. Thanks for sharing it here.
One question, does this debit card entitled for rewards point too, like the CC, which we can redeem with items/fee/etc ?

Thanks.
hmm... i guess not.. since it's not a credit card, the bank can't earn interest so there's no revenue for them to subsidise any gifts... But i think my booklet did mentioned there's a cash bonus for every RM1 u spend.. quite low... around 0.5% i think... they'll credit the bonus into your account at the end of the year, i think... tongue.gif

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 12 2007, 02:44 PM)
i got to ambank just now asking for nexG card. and she said there is no monthly payment, and i was like  shocking.gif
anyway the lenglui said that i hav to wait 3 working days for them to post da info to my house. will go back later to ask more, and myb reg today  rclxm9.gif

edit: just reg it, hapa la amoi 2, suke2 je ckp no monthly pay  sweat.gif
need to pay rm3 monthly.
and da guy at da counter said that i can terminate the card anytime  thumbup.gif
hohoo paypal here i come.  rclxm9.gif
haha, some clerk working in the bank doesn't know much bout the card cos their main biz is something bigger... such as CC, SA, CA, FD etc... lol when they launch NexG, they made it avail in 7-11 but didn't mention u can get it from the bank... weird huh...

anyway, i think 3 working days is when u submit the stuffs at the bank...
diff if ppl buy it at 7-11.. cos it will take at least 1-2 days for them to send the form to the bank and another 2-3 days for them to process it... biggrin.gif

Gud luck~ hehe

kupraq
post Feb 12 2007, 07:11 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 12 2007, 01:34 AM)
i don't have any monthly income since i'm only studying.. therefore, a debit card is more suitable for me... hehe..

Well, so far i think PB VE can consider as the best card in msia... cos the first year is free.. u can terminate it within 1 year if u dun like it... u dun hav to pay anything.. hehe...

usually, u dun really have to have a PBB account to qualify for a debit card... but it's best if u have one... like me... i use my SA to tranfers funds to my card tru online banking... quite convenient for me...  if you don't have one... u probably have to take the hassle of going to the bank just to reload your account and to check your account balance....  oh btw... there's a free monthly statement too.. =p

um... if not mistaken, you should be able to purchase a stores with a Visa sign, preferably with a Visa Electron sign too...

I bought my domain name online from a website that only have a Visa logo and my transaction went tru... so i guess.. there's no problem with it.. =)

anyway, i think it's merchant dependent, up to them if they willing to accept or not. conclusion is that, if you're planning to buy stuffs tru ebay, there shouldn't be a problem cos you're only using Paypal as the middle person... =)
thanks for the guide.....your the man brother..... notworthy.gif
dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 07:56 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

tq melz, u have help me alot.!!! notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
melz84
post Feb 12 2007, 08:23 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

hehe..
glad to help...
just sharing some experience...
u shud thank TS too...since he started the thread.. hehe
dfcloud
post Feb 12 2007, 10:19 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

yep. tq TS, if its wasnt for u, it would be hard for me to find all this info by myself. icon_rolleyes.gif
bukanmain
post Feb 12 2007, 10:45 PM

I'm only 20,still learning..
1,711 posts

good luck on future
melz84
post Feb 13 2007, 03:07 AM

Regular
1,469 posts

haha...
i guess there's alot of u planning to purchase stuffs on ebay huh?

oh btw.. i forgot to include... those who are using NexG, the card is accepted by merchant as a normal as Mastercard Credit Card, not as a Debit Card. That's the only thing that differentiate NexG and Visa Electron. Mastercard also have debit card but i forgotten what it's called... It's not available in msia tho... =p
Junior83
post Feb 15 2007, 02:24 PM

Investor
1,255 posts

After all those buying, sometimes we need to withdraw money from Paypal, here some site giving suggestion on how to withdraw money from Paypal:

http://www.szab.net/blog/2006/07/05/pandua...i-akaun-paypal/

http://moneyblogger.net/archives/2006/09/0...ithdraw-paypal/

http://moneyblogger.net/archives/2006/07/1...aw-paypal-fund/

I find out by using google.com.... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Junior83: Feb 15 2007, 02:25 PM
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 05:02 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM)
If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95  equiv around RM7+
Hello melz84,

Its precious informations that you have shared here..thanks man. But I have questions to ask..let say I'm using AmBank NexG Prepaid MasterCard to activate my Paypal account and I have the total credit of RM100 in the card..is Paypal will directly deduct the charges of USD1.95 (RM7+) from the credits in my card or Paypal will send me bill to pay for it?

If I'm buying something from eBay US for the item cost me about USD100 (RM350+), is that mean I have to topup the credit first into my card to make the payment?

Thanks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 05:05 AM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 02:20 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 05:02 AM)
Hello melz84,

Its precious informations that you have shared here..thanks man. But I have questions to ask..let say I'm using AmBank NexG Prepaid MasterCard to activate my Paypal account and I have the total credit of RM100 in the card..is Paypal will directly deduct the charges of USD1.95 (RM7+) from the credits in my card or Paypal will send me bill to pay for it?

If I'm buying something from eBay US for the item cost me about USD100 (RM350+), is that mean I have to topup the credit first into my card to make the payment?

Thanks. smile.gif
Frankly speaking, I'm not quite sure how NexG actually works. Assuming it's same to PB VE, when I want to verify my Paypal account, Paypal will charge my card for USD1.95 and the amount will be deducted directly from my card. Public bank sent me a Card Usage Notice everytime I make purchase online. In that notice, they will state the time/date of transaction and the transaction description.

For Paypal, verification purpose, you'll see something like 1234PAYPAL--*EXPUSE on the notice. Notice that the first 4 numbers are your verification ID that you need to enter in the paypal page to verify and remove limitation of your account.

I'm not sure NexG does the same. If they don't, you might probably want to check your card account online. Usually there's a transaction details where you can also find that code.

I think if you plan to buy something from ebay for USD100, I would suggest you to have at least RM400 in the account. Just in case cos for PB VE case, RM25 in the account is considered as a deposit and can't be used. Which mean I will only have RM375 in the account. You might want to have extra $$ in the account if the item price excludes shipping =)

satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:15 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 23 2007, 02:20 PM)
Frankly speaking, I'm not quite sure how NexG actually works. Assuming it's same to PB VE, when I want to verify my Paypal account, Paypal will charge my card for USD1.95 and the amount will be deducted directly from my card. Public bank sent me a Card Usage Notice everytime I make purchase online. In that notice, they will state the time/date of transaction and the transaction description.

For Paypal, verification purpose, you'll see something like 1234PAYPAL--*EXPUSE on the notice. Notice that the first 4 numbers are your verification ID that you need to enter in the paypal page to verify and remove limitation of your account.

I'm not sure NexG does the same. If they don't, you might probably want to check your card account online. Usually there's a transaction details where you can also find that code.

I think if you plan to buy something from ebay for USD100, I would suggest you to have at least RM400 in the account. Just in case cos for PB VE case, RM25 in the account is considered as a deposit and can't be used. Which mean I will only have RM375 in the account. You might want to have extra $$ in the account if the item price excludes shipping =)
Hello melz,

Thanks again for the infos.

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 03:23 PM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 03:20 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

no prob....
btw..
i dunno whether this is true...
Paypal will actually refund that USD1.95 into your Paypal account instead of your debitcard when u make ur first payment tru Paypal.

I've not yet purchase anything tru paypal cos most of my purchase are done directly to my card. So i think i'm not eligible for that refund.. haha
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM

10 posts

melz, i have something to ask again.. biggrin.gif

Can I have online account for the card even I never have a AmBank account?
NexG can be use wherever the MasterCard is accepted right?

Thanks melz notworthy.gif

WaCKy-Angel
post Feb 23 2007, 03:27 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
20,565 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 23 2007, 03:20 PM)
no prob....
btw..
i dunno whether this is true...
Paypal will actually refund that USD1.95 into your Paypal account instead of your debitcard when u make ur first payment tru Paypal.

I've not yet purchase anything tru paypal cos most of my purchase are done directly to my card. So i think i'm not eligible for that refund.. haha
Its true....

But actually its your money...
Paypal doesnt charge u anything for the service..except business account ofcourse.

The USD .95 is actually the amount charged by paypal to your Credit Card when u verify your card..
So then paypal will credit the USD 1.95 into your account....The amount was just to verify your card (paypal include a password in reference number in billing so u need to key-in the password into paypal website to verify your account)

Added on February 23, 2007, 3:29 pm
QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM)

Thanks melz  notworthy.gif
If u dont have NexG card, how can u get an online account?
NexG can be used anywhere that accept MasterCard or Visa.

This post has been edited by WaCKy-Angel: Feb 23 2007, 03:29 PM
melz84
post Feb 23 2007, 03:47 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

thanks for clearing my doubts, WaCKy-Angel

QUOTE(satanclausz @ Feb 23 2007, 03:26 PM)

Thanks melz  notworthy.gif
I'm not sure, but some said that if you get a NexG, you probably able to register for an online account to track & monitor your card usage.
satanclausz
post Feb 23 2007, 03:52 PM

10 posts

If u dont have NexG card, how can u get an online account?
NexG can be used anywhere that accept MasterCard or Visa.
Well I mean anyone can buy the NexG card even they doesnt have AmBank account since the NexG can be bought at 7E..so that I just wondering if I have NexG card, can I have the online account to check the spending or balance credit of the card? but at the same time I dont have the current or saving account with AmBank.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by satanclausz: Feb 23 2007, 03:55 PM

164 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 08:07 AM