Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

164 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PayPal discussion thread, No PayPal fund sales allowed!

engineered
post Jan 26 2007, 10:44 PM, updated 16y ago

Getting Started
170 posts

need guide and help about paypal.. want to buy somethings from ebay and others, but dont have paypal account.. im over 18 and dont have credit card yet.. can i still open the account? icon_question.gif
havocx
post Jan 27 2007, 12:27 AM

The Last Fat Samurai
1,913 posts

QUOTE(engineered @ Jan 26 2007, 10:44 PM)
need guide and help about paypal.. want to buy somethings from ebay and others, but dont have paypal account.. im over 18 and dont have credit card yet.. can i still open the account?    icon_question.gif
You wont be able to buy anything with that account as without a credit card to
verify your account on Paypal. Paypal will charge a refundable amount to your
credit card which will appear as a bill to your credit. This amount and transaction
will appear and will be used as a confirmation of your account. Only then can your paypal account be created.

bidfordun
post Feb 7 2007, 09:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,234 posts

u can verify ur paypal account using debit card. also, debit card could be applied even though u dun have income yet.
dfcloud
post Feb 8 2007, 06:08 PM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

^ could you give a more detail explanation about debit card?
tq
zulkefly
post Feb 8 2007, 09:20 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 8 2007, 06:08 PM)
^ could you give a more detail explanation about debit card?
tq
Debit cards allow you to make purchases similar to credit cards but ur account must hav enough fund. many bank hav their own debit card like Ambank, UOB & public bank. Ambank debit card easier to apply . don't need open saving account. just buy the card at 7-eleven & submit application form. not sure the price. i think around RM25. u can verify ur paypal account using that debit card. icon_rolleyes.gif
::Ambank NexG::
dfcloud
post Feb 10 2007, 12:10 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

tq, hav being searching this debit card thingy last nite and couldnt find any,

norbito
post Feb 10 2007, 02:36 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 10 2007, 01:10 AM)
tq, hav being searching this debit card thingy last nite and couldnt find any,
I think you can get one from someone at lelong.com..keyword: Mastercard
melz84
post Feb 10 2007, 02:52 AM

Regular
1,469 posts

The one offered by AmBank is a NexG prepaid credit card which u can purchase at 7-11, usually in Klang Valley, the fee charges is RM3 monthly so per year is around RM36

As for Public Bank Visa Electron (debit card), You can apply for it at any Public Bank branch. yearly fees is RM24 but waived for the first year. =)

Both of them need to deposit minimum RM25, Let's say if u need to spend RM50 with the card... U need to have RM75 balance in the card.

At the moment both of the card is accepted in Paypal. I personally using PB VE to verify my paypal =) hope this info helps..
Ash
post Feb 10 2007, 07:08 AM

Legend
1,696 posts

can the account you created still receive funds even if you don't verify it using
debit or credit cards?
dfcloud
post Feb 10 2007, 09:57 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 10 2007, 02:52 AM)
The one offered by AmBank is a NexG prepaid credit card which u can purchase at 7-11, usually in Klang Valley, the fee charges is RM3 monthly so per year is around RM36

As for Public Bank Visa Electron (debit card), You can apply for it at any Public Bank branch. yearly fees is RM24 but waived for the first year. =)

Both of them need to deposit minimum RM25, Let's say if u need to spend RM50 with the card... U need to have RM75 balance in the card.

At the moment both of the card is accepted in Paypal. I personally using PB VE to verify my paypal =)  hope this info helps..
public bank debit card doesnt need to create an acc also ka?
56xxx
post Feb 10 2007, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Iam international student so can i apply
melz84
post Feb 10 2007, 02:29 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(Ash @ Feb 10 2007, 07:08 AM)
can the account you created still receive funds even if you don't verify it using 
debit or credit cards?
your account still can receive funds.. but there's a limit on how much u can receive/send.. but usually ppl who's gonna send u funds would probably prefer Verified accounts.

QUOTE(dfcloud @ Feb 10 2007, 09:57 AM)
public bank debit card doesnt need to create an acc also ka?
U need to create account actually. It's almost the same as AmBank NexG except that u need to go to PBB to apply for it. NexG u need just to send the form. Both also need to create account. PBB will take around 1-2weeks to get the card and activated. NexG activated in around 1 week if not mistaken.

I was a UOB MYC Visa Electron holder last time but too much hassle if i wanna deposit funds cos not many UOB branches around Malaysia. MYC VE = Debit Card + Discount Card + Student Card...

NexG is a credit card but a prepaid one. That's how Ambank try to differentiate it.
PBB VE is a debit card and usually cards with a Visa logo is accepted widely around the world.

QUOTE(56xxx @ Feb 10 2007, 01:48 PM)
Iam international student so can i apply
I'm not sure about PBB but UOB VE is available to International student...
U can try calling PBB to ask about it tho. Public Bank

Anyway.... I'm not working for any of these banks.. Haha... just that i've gone tru up and downs using various debit cards... At the moment i'm using PBB VE linked to my SA with Internet Banking so I have total control of the usage of my card.
dfcloud
post Feb 11 2007, 01:28 AM

(屮ʘДʘ)屮
719 posts

adoi. penin2
will check later when my head not penin anymore tongue.gif
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 01:31 AM

Regular
1,469 posts

aiyo.. why so pening?
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 11:49 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 01:31 AM)
aiyo.. why so pening?
do you still have any funds in your paypal account.....???? i don't have any account but thinking of buying something in ebay.

is it possible for you to sell some funds to me????
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 11:49 AM)
do you still have any funds in your paypal account.....???? i don't have any account but thinking of buying something in ebay.

is it possible for you to sell some funds to me????
i didn't put in any funds into my account .. i just use my debit card to pay tru paypal.. =)
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 02:40 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM)
i didn't put in any funds into my account .. i just use my debit card to pay tru paypal.. =)
thinking to apply one of those PB debit card.....

meltz84....if i have the card i have to fund some money into my PB card so there's value in that debit card right.....
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 02:40 PM)
thinking to apply one of those PB debit card.....

meltz84....if i have the card i have to fund some money into my PB card so there's value in that debit card right.....
yup... deposit is RM25. But with just RM25 in your account u can't purchase anything...
E.g. If you have RM100 in the account , you can purchase RM75 worth of stuffs with the card.

If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95 equiv around RM7+
kupraq
post Feb 11 2007, 07:06 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(melz84 @ Feb 11 2007, 03:03 PM)
yup...  deposit is RM25. But with just RM25 in your account u can't purchase anything...
E.g. If you have RM100 in the account , you can purchase RM75 worth of stuffs with the card.

If you intend to verify your paypal account... Paypal will charge your account for USD1.95  equiv around RM7+
so which one is the best way to apply....online or just drop by to PB branch??? I'm quite busy.....and how long does the process take.......till my card ready to use....

Regards... rclxms.gif
melz84
post Feb 11 2007, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,469 posts

QUOTE(kupraq @ Feb 11 2007, 07:06 PM)
so which one is the best way to apply....online or just drop by to PB branch??? I'm quite busy.....and how long does the process take.......till my card ready to use....

Regards... rclxms.gif
Either ways would be good actually...
If u apply online you receive a letter within a week asking u to visit the branch to produce your IC for verification... after that u'll have to wait for 1-2 weeks to get the card.. you can choose to receive your card by courier or from the selected branch... hmm... i think the whole process should be around 1-3 weeks.... depends how fast they gonna process your application...
I applied mine in Seremban.. so it took longer... if you're in KL i suppose it's faster

just an extra infor...

for NexG, u just need to purchase the pack from 7-11 and then complete the Registration Form inside this pack and send it along with a copy of your NRIC in the Postage Paid Reply Envelope provided . If not mistaken, the account should be activated within 1 week then u can proceed to Ambank or any merchant that can let u top up your card....

164 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.92    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 08:50 AM