198 Pages « < 184 185 186 187 188 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official Fujifilm X-Series Premium Cameras V6

views

lonewalker
post Sep 5 2021, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

BTW, a question for folks with IBIS Fuji's (X-S10/X-T4): How much stabilization in practice you get out of it? (say on a prime without OIS vs. with OIS only vs. with OIS+IBIS ) More? Meh? some? Not noticeable?

Some fuji lenses already have a very impressive 5 stop optical stabilization as it is, I wonder how much better it can get with IBIS?

This post has been edited by lonewalker: Sep 5 2021, 03:58 PM
HaN18
post Sep 5 2021, 11:56 PM

On my way
552 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 5 2021, 10:06 AM)
You can join Fujifilm User Group Malaysia on FB. Or you can try sell to ST Chua in Berjaya time square. He's offer not bad for a dealer. You can whatsapp him first at +60 16-212 9900.
noted thanks!!
ultra_nyamuk
post Sep 20 2021, 10:13 AM

Regular
1,601 posts

Hi guys, thinking to get either new xe4 or used xpro2, which is roughly the same price. Anyone owning or used both before? How is the performance difference? I do like the more robust body and weather sealing with xpro2, but worry about the aging tech. I think image quality is not very different. More like AF, speed of the camera. Is xpro2 much slower vs xe4 ?
Loseeker
post Sep 20 2021, 11:00 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Sep 20 2021, 10:13 AM)
Hi guys, thinking to get either new xe4 or used xpro2, which is roughly the same price. Anyone owning or used both before? How is the performance difference? I do like the more robust body and weather sealing with xpro2, but worry about the aging tech. I think image quality is not very different. More like AF, speed of the camera. Is xpro2 much slower vs xe4 ?
It really depends on the kind of photography you do mostly. Judging from your choices, my guess are that, you aim to do more street and casual shoot. If that's the case, Xpro2 is perfectly capable. (In case you said you will be shooting more AF intensive sports or other similar photography, then you should look at Sony instead). I've own neither the Xpro2 nor the XE4. But I have owned and used both XT2 and XT20 which can be used as referencing the relationship of XPro series and XE series.

Initially, I went with the XT20 as my first fuji camera because I like how small and compact it was yet obtaining the same sensor and processor as the older XT2. But ever since I've handled an XT1, I've just realized how much I missed out of the handling of the pro/flagship body. The XT1 despite much older, made the XT20 felt like a toy in my hand. So, in time, I've sold the XT20 and used the money to buy an used XT2.

For me, better handling are definitely more important than slight AF improvement. From then on, I said to myself, I would only buy top tier fuji bodies. I would rather go older model top tier bodies (XT1/2, XPro1, 2) instead of buying newer lower tier bodies (XT30/XE4/XA7 series). I hope my experience helps you in making your decision.

Lastly, in case you're still doubting the performance of Xpro2, you can always search review videos on youtube to judge for yourself if Xpro2 is good enough for you, not in relation to the AF speed of the XE4, if that make sense.

This post has been edited by Loseeker: Sep 20 2021, 11:04 AM
ultra_nyamuk
post Sep 20 2021, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 20 2021, 11:00 AM)
It really depends on the kind of photography you do mostly. Judging from your choices, my guess are that, you aim to do more street and casual shoot. If that's the case, Xpro2 is perfectly capable. (In case you said you will be shooting more AF intensive sports or other similar photography, then you should look at Sony instead).  I've own neither the Xpro2 nor the XE4. But I have owned and used both XT2 and XT20 which can be used as referencing the relationship of XPro series and XE series.

Initially, I went with the XT20 as my first fuji camera because I like how small and compact it was yet obtaining the same sensor and processor as the older XT2. But ever since I've handled an XT1, I've just realized how much I missed out of  the handling of the pro/flagship body. The XT1 despite much older, made the XT20 felt like a toy in my hand. So, in time, I've sold the XT20 and used the money to buy an used XT2.

For me, better handling are definitely more important than slight AF improvement. From then on, I said to myself, I would only buy top tier fuji bodies. I would rather go older model top tier bodies (XT1/2, XPro1, 2) instead of buying newer lower tier bodies (XT30/XE4/XA7 series). I hope my experience helps you in making your decision.

Lastly, in case you're still doubting the performance of Xpro2, you can always search review videos on youtube to judge for yourself if Xpro2 is good enough for you, not in relation to the AF speed of the XE4, if that make sense.
Just a little history, I owned X-T10 and X100F before. Then i went to Sony A7 series for some gigs. But that didnt work out, lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ not long ago also bought ricoh gr iii, great camera and quality, but the AF feels sluggish especially for low light conditions. So Iโ€™m feeling a little unsatisfied now.
Thinking to sell it all to get 1 body/lenses for casual hobby shooting. Not into sports etc. I was asking about the performance because i donโ€™t want to be disappointed with sluggish Af like the ricoh again.
Honestly was considering only X100v(i loved my x100f alot) or XE4, but recently come across the idea of Xpro2. Now xpro2 vs xe4 (if its my only camera i think i need interchangeable lenses) Xpro3 price is quite high and not a fan of the lcd screen. Most prob will get the f2 lenses.
Loseeker
post Sep 20 2021, 11:37 PM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Sep 20 2021, 04:11 PM)
Just a little history, I owned X-T10 and X100F before. Then i went to Sony A7 series for some gigs. But that didnt work out, lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ not long ago also bought ricoh gr iii, great camera and quality, but the AF feels sluggish especially for low light conditions. So Iโ€™m feeling a little unsatisfied now.
Thinking to sell it all to get 1 body/lenses for casual hobby shooting. Not into sports etc. I was asking about the performance because i donโ€™t want to be disappointed with sluggish Af like the ricoh again.
Honestly was considering only X100v(i loved my x100f alot) or XE4, but recently come across the idea of Xpro2. Now xpro2 vs xe4 (if its my only camera i think i need interchangeable lenses) Xpro3 price is quite high and not a fan of the lcd screen. Most prob will get the f2 lenses.
From your ansswers, it seems like u have the answer to your question already.... whistling.gif
ultra_nyamuk
post Sep 21 2021, 12:25 AM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 20 2021, 11:37 PM)
From your ansswers, it seems like u have the answer to your question already.... whistling.gif
Haha i really dont. If only i can try both then i can decide ๐Ÿ˜‚
Loseeker
post Sep 21 2021, 10:00 AM

Apa Macam
872 posts

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Sep 21 2021, 12:25 AM)
Haha i really dont. If only i can try both then i can decide ๐Ÿ˜‚
That's your answer. Try them both. If you live in KL area, you can just go to the shops to try them out. If not, get the XE4 first, if you're not happy, sell it and get the xpro2.
dayalan86
post Sep 21 2021, 07:03 PM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(HaN18 @ Sep 4 2021, 07:07 PM)
Guys anywhere to sell used camera and lens beside garage sales?
I got a XT2 and XF1655 WR to let go.
Location Penang. Any FB page or group?
Hi can please PM me your XT2 price?
ultra_nyamuk
post Sep 22 2021, 12:35 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(Loseeker @ Sep 21 2021, 10:00 AM)
That's your answer. Try them both. If you live in KL area, you can just go to the shops to try them out. If not, get the XE4 first, if you're not happy, sell it and get the xpro2.
Heheh alright, not in kl so maybe testing out of option. I guess just need to take a chance to buy one first ๐Ÿ˜‚
greggs
post Sep 30 2021, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

anyone here tested/owned the 27mm f/2.8 WR?
hZa23
post Oct 3 2021, 03:59 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(greggs @ Sep 30 2021, 12:39 AM)
anyone here tested/owned the 27mm f/2.8 WR?

I own it..not so fast lens but still sharp
kidmad
post Oct 11 2021, 07:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

anyone is using the viltrox series of Fuji's lens? thinking to get them but not so sure whether theres gonna be significant difference in color and AF.
greggs
post Oct 12 2021, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

guys, where do you all look for used items nowadays?
lonewalker
post Oct 13 2021, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Sep 20 2021, 10:13 AM)
X-Pro2 is a rangefinder 'styled' with an optical VF / the X-E2/3/4 series is electronic VF.

IQ comes from sensor and lens combination. IMHO the sensor diff is marginal at best (E4 being slight edge due to being newer generation). Its comes down to built and feel. OVF is not for everyone, i suggest you try it if you like it first. (If you dont an E4 is the cheaper alternative) WR - weather resistance sealing only works as a set if you intend to use the body with WR lenses.

Despite being rangefinder styled, these cameras and the the 100v/f/t/s they are not true ranger finders. True range finders doesn't have AF motors LOL, they are MF lens coupled focus. AF performance depends more than body varies along the line up of XF-series lenses, some eg like the XF 90mmF2 are very snappy, others less so like older lenses XF 60mmF2.4. And they depends on lens compatibility of Phase/contrast detection sensor and also local lighting conditions (AF wont work if reliably if too dark)

I use an X-Pro2 primarily with vintage lens (which are all manual focus, so AF is moot for me), its still today a very good performer for still photos, and its weight (although lighter than a typical leica m but heavier than a E4), pairs better weight wise than the lighter E4 with heavier metal construction vintage lenses

This post has been edited by lonewalker: Oct 13 2021, 03:33 PM
lonewalker
post Oct 13 2021, 03:29 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(greggs @ Oct 12 2021, 05:31 PM)
Try have a look at prices at KLDSLR or ylcamera ; there is nothing i want there at the moment tho laugh.gif
ultra_nyamuk
post Oct 13 2021, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(lonewalker @ Oct 13 2021, 03:28 PM)
X-Pro2 is a rangefinder 'styled' with an optical VF / the X-E2/3/4 series is electronic VF.

IQ comes from sensor and lens combination. IMHO the sensor diff is marginal at best (E4 being slight edge due to being newer generation). Its comes down to built and feel. OVF is not for everyone, i suggest you try it if you like it first. (If you dont an E4 is the cheaper alternative) WR - weather resistance sealing only works as a set if you intend to use the body with WR lenses.

Despite being rangefinder styled, these cameras and the the 100v/f/t/s they are not true ranger finders. True range finders doesn't have AF motors LOL, they are MF lens coupled focus. AF performance depends more than body varies along the line up of XF-series lenses, some eg like the XF 90mmF2 are very snappy, others less so like older lenses XF 60mmF2.4. And they depends on lens compatibility of Phase/contrast detection sensor and also local lighting conditions (AF wont work if reliably if too dark)

I use an X-Pro2 primarily with vintage lens (which are all manual focus, so AF is moot for me), its still today a very good performer for still photos, and its weight (although lighter than a typical leica m but heavier than a E4), pairs better weight wise than the lighter E4 with heavier metal construction vintage lenses
I ended up getting Used X-Pro 2, feels quite big (my first fujis were xt10 and x100f) paired with 35mm f1.4 and AF feels snappy enough. Will get 23mm f2 WR later on. Built quality is really top notch. The Evf seems quite small though. Not used to using the OVF as the framing dont seem that accurate as the actual capture. Any tips/setting i should change?
lonewalker
post Oct 13 2021, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
202 posts

QUOTE(ultra_nyamuk @ Oct 13 2021, 04:28 PM)
I ended up getting Used X-Pro 2, feels quite big (my first fujis were xt10 and x100f) paired with 35mm f1.4 and AF feels snappy enough. Will get 23mm f2 WR later on. Built quality is really top notch. The Evf seems quite small though. Not used to using the OVF as the framing dont seem that accurate as the actual capture. Any tips/setting i should change?
There will always be slight framing differences due to parallax the nature of the OVF off lens axis, your set focus distance and how you position of your eyes also will affect the viewed framing. One tip is update your camera firmware and lens firmware they should bring performance and stability updates, for some lenses improved framing estimation in the OVF overlay too. It is just the nature of using a rangefinder style OVF camera, either adjust your technique when using this camera, check the edges of your frame (aka edge patrol) before taking the shot in anticipation framing may not be exact. IF absolute framing accuracy is needed, go EVF mode / use the LCD live view. Also you might want to try turning on Corrected AF framing for better framing (min max estimations) with Fuji's XF lenses

as for EVF 'being small' i think you triggered the mini evf (for a mode fuji calls hybrid OVF/EVF), the true EVF occupies the entire view finder same as the OVF. The lever can be pushed left and right; left being the mini/hybrid evf/ovf mode, right is the full EVF only mode; and if you push right and hold the lever (in OVF mode) it will change the optical viewer's magnification (this is also done/changed automatically to accommodate diff lens focal lengths, so that framing for wide lenses fit in view and longer lens are not too small to view in the OVF) this dual magnification is unique the X-Pro2, (take that X-pro3 laugh.gif ) tho the newer model X-pro3 has a fixed mag but bigger viewing area in the OVF.

This post has been edited by lonewalker: Oct 13 2021, 11:12 PM
ultra_nyamuk
post Oct 14 2021, 10:12 PM

Regular
1,601 posts

QUOTE(lonewalker @ Oct 13 2021, 10:42 PM)
There will always be slight framing differences due to parallax the nature of the OVF off lens axis, your set focus distance and how you position of your eyes also will affect the viewed framing. One tip is update your camera firmware and lens firmware they should bring performance and stability updates, for some lenses improved framing estimation in the OVF overlay too. It is just the nature of using a rangefinder style OVF camera, either adjust your technique when using this camera, check the edges of your frame (aka edge patrol) before taking the shot in anticipation framing may not be exact. IF absolute framing accuracy is needed, go EVF mode / use the LCD live view. Also you might want to try turning on Corrected AF framing for better framing (min max estimations) with Fuji's XF lenses

as for EVF 'being small' i think you triggered the mini evf (for a mode fuji calls hybrid OVF/EVF), the true EVF occupies the entire view finder same as the OVF. The lever can be pushed left and right; left being the mini/hybrid evf/ovf mode, right is the full EVF only mode; and if you push right and hold the lever (in OVF mode) it will change the optical viewer's magnification (this is also done/changed automatically to accommodate diff lens focal lengths, so that framing for wide lenses fit in view and longer lens are not too small to view in the OVF) this dual magnification is unique the X-Pro2, (take that X-pro3  laugh.gif ) tho the newer model X-pro3 has a fixed mag but bigger viewing area in the OVF.
Wow, detailed explanations and great info. I was actually referring to the full evf being quite small. But i certainly didnt know about the other lever functions. Iโ€™ve been only switching from ovf to evf ๐Ÿ˜…. Ok will google about Corrected AF function, saw in the menu but not sure what jt does. Thanks !
dayalan86
post Oct 15 2021, 09:34 AM

Enthusiast
962 posts

QUOTE(greggs @ Oct 12 2021, 05:31 PM)
I check Carousell as well

198 Pages « < 184 185 186 187 188 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM