Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ILLEGEAR Custom Gaming Laptops v.3, New LAGUNA with 8th gen I7 and 144Hz IPS

hanhanhan
post Jul 15 2018, 09:39 AM

(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
Group: Senior Member

what is the use of the type-C usb on the raven ?

can i charge the laptop with my huawei supercharger?
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Jul 15 2018, 10:33 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Jul 15 2018, 09:39 AM)
what is the use of the type-C usb on the raven ?

can i charge the laptop with my huawei supercharger?
Hi hanhanhan, the Type-C port on the Raven is mainly for data transfer and for the laptop, it can be charged only via the dedicated AC power input. Technically, the port is able to handle video output as well but we haven't tested this particular capability for official. More information regarding the port can be found here: https://www.computerworld.com/article/24881...-its-great.html
Eterman
post Jul 16 2018, 01:28 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

There are further new spectre variants, 1.1 and 1.2 discovered. Are there any firmware patches for any of the spectre/meltdown variants for raven 2017 ?

source : https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-spectre-11-and-spectre-12-cpu-flaws-disclosed/

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

roshen43
post Jul 17 2018, 08:09 PM

Getting Started

may i know which laptop model is slim and light?
Prince J
post Jul 17 2018, 10:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(roshen43 @ Jul 17 2018, 08:09 PM)
may i know which laptop model is slim and light?
Hi roshen43

ILLEGEAR ONYX is our slim and light model with INFINIVISION bezel-less technology.

https://www.illegear.com/laptops/onyx/
roshen43
post Jul 19 2018, 10:52 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Prince J @ Jul 17 2018, 10:56 PM)
Hi roshen43

ILLEGEAR ONYX is our slim and light model with INFINIVISION bezel-less technology.

https://www.illegear.com/laptops/onyx/
how light it is?
BBXiong
post Jul 20 2018, 11:17 AM

CFX

Hi all, using Illegear S5, the i7-4720hq model with GTX 970M. Was thinking to get a m.2 Sata Sandisk X600 SSD to replace my original 120GB one since i'm running out of space. Just curious if anyone ran into problem with m.2 Sata based SSD. I know there are some bios support problem with m.2 NVME SSD, just curious if SATA based would run into the same problem.

AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Jul 20 2018, 11:33 AM

QUOTE(BBXiong @ Jul 20 2018, 11:17 AM)
Hi all, using Illegear S5, the i7-4720hq model with GTX 970M. Was thinking to get a m.2 Sata Sandisk X600 SSD to replace my original 120GB one since i'm running out of space. Just curious if anyone ran into problem with m.2 Sata based SSD. I know there are some bios support problem with m.2 NVME SSD, just curious if SATA based would run into the same problem.
Hi BBXiong, based on my experience, the M.2 SATA SSD would be more stable in terms of drive compatibility in comparison to the M.2 NVMe SSD since the interface is much more common amongst legacy devices, hope this clarifies.
hi54ever
post Jul 21 2018, 12:03 PM

hello, im looking to replace my dell inspiron 7000, eyeing at Onyx but only concern is onsite service which dell had all these year. is there any service centre in penang?
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Jul 21 2018, 12:34 PM

QUOTE(hi54ever @ Jul 21 2018, 12:03 PM)
hello, im looking to replace my dell inspiron 7000, eyeing at Onyx but only concern is onsite service which dell had all these year. is there any service centre in penang?
At the moment, we have only one service center, which is located at Oval Damansara, KL. Kindly find the location to our place by using this link: https://goo.gl/maps/sPKPTPvm5yv

For the on-site/pickup warranty, we will arrange a pickup courier to collect the laptop from your address in the events of repair/servicing/warranty claiming & vice versa after the maintenance procedure has been completed for your laptop and the courier charges would be free.
hotwebs
post Jul 22 2018, 02:53 PM

On my way

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Jul 20 2018, 11:33 AM)
Hi  BBXiong, based on my experience, the M.2 SATA SSD would be more stable in terms of drive compatibility in comparison to the M.2 NVMe SSD since the interface is much more common amongst legacy devices, hope this clarifies.
Hi BBXiong, for my experience, i found that when you purchase the M.2 SSD sata, you may need to check the voltage supply for the M.2 SSD. Some M.2 SSD give higher speed and more voltage, but also generate more heat, end up you may consider to add more maintenance cost to buy the M.2 ssd heatsink. i am not sure adding more storage will reduce the air ventilation in the case and end up temperature increase.

I have few question to ask as well. I am using my illegear S5 for 1 and half year already, but i never utilized the ESS Sabre HIFI DAC, may i know how can i activate it? i read the manual, when the headphone plug in to the audio jack, the Control Centre will enabled the ESS Sabre HIFI Dac automatically, but i tried is not working at all. may i know is it the compatible gaming headset only can activate it or normal headset or headphone will do?

RAM upgrade.
Just to double confirm, is my Illegear S5 model, the 6th Generation I7 with GTX 1060 6GB support RAM DDR4 2400mhz? currently i am using 2 x Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133mhz, if i change to DDR4 8gb 2400mhz, the performance will increase?

Would appreciate, if any Illegear S5, S7 or any users who experienced it also welcome to share your experience as well. notworthy.gif
BBXiong
post Jul 24 2018, 01:58 PM

CFX

QUOTE(hotwebs @ Jul 22 2018, 02:53 PM)
Hi  BBXiong, for my experience, i found that when you purchase the M.2 SSD sata, you may need to check the voltage supply for the M.2 SSD. Some M.2 SSD give higher speed and more voltage, but also generate more heat, end up you may consider to add more maintenance cost to buy the M.2 ssd heatsink. i am not sure adding more storage will reduce the air ventilation in the case and end up temperature increase.

I have few question to ask as well. I am using my illegear S5 for 1 and half year already, but i never utilized the ESS Sabre HIFI DAC, may i know how can i activate it? i read the manual, when the headphone plug in to the audio jack, the Control Centre will enabled the ESS Sabre HIFI Dac automatically, but i tried is not working at all. may i know is it the compatible gaming headset only can activate it or normal headset or headphone will do?

RAM upgrade.
Just to double confirm, is my Illegear S5 model, the 6th Generation I7 with GTX 1060 6GB support RAM DDR4 2400mhz? currently i am using 2 x Crucial DDR4 8GB 2133mhz, if i change to DDR4 8gb 2400mhz, the performance will increase? 

Would appreciate, if any Illegear S5, S7 or any users who experienced it also welcome to share your experience as well. notworthy.gif
thanks for the advice, I would probably grab some thermal pads and apply it. I dont recall having much headroom for a SSD heatsink, unless u meant those flat ones.

As for ram, Intel typically isn't that reliant on ram speed as AMD( especially Ryzen ), so given that you already are using 2133Mhz rams, upgrading to 2400Mhz would most likely not bring you any improvement, at least nothing you would notice from day to day usage. The second thing is that since we are using mobile CPU, the fsb speed from CPU will not be bottlenecked by the ram frequency, so in short there's really very little reason to upgrade it, unless your reason to upgrade is to also improve the ram capacity along with having slightly higher frequency
BBXiong
post Jul 24 2018, 02:02 PM

CFX

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Jul 20 2018, 11:33 AM)
Hi  BBXiong, based on my experience, the M.2 SATA SSD would be more stable in terms of drive compatibility in comparison to the M.2 NVMe SSD since the interface is much more common amongst legacy devices, hope this clarifies.
thanks for the reply. so if I understand you correctly, m.2 SATA should have no problem being used as boot drive and bios should have no problem detecting it, even if it's the latest model, correct?
Dregith
post Jul 24 2018, 10:02 PM

Are there any plans to update the ONYX with a quieter keyboard?

I am considering purchasing one soon, too bad I missed out on the previous sales (hoping there will be another one soon!) sad.gif
Eterman
post Aug 6 2018, 05:11 PM

Casual

my raven 2017 "c" key is not working, how do i send in for repair?

mini-side-rant: first time in my ownership of desktops and laptops that i have keyboard failed in some way, luckily my windows login doesn't use that key, maybe i just got a lemon key. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Eterman: Aug 7 2018, 10:16 AM
Prince J
post Aug 6 2018, 05:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Eterman @ Aug 6 2018, 05:11 PM)
my raven 2017 "c" key is not working, how do i send in for repair?
Hi Eterman, kindly send in to Oval Damansara, will assist smile.gif
Winn@Illegear
post Aug 10 2018, 01:26 PM

Hi there, I'm Winn from ILLEGEAR. For any inquiries regarding service/after-sale service , feel free to PM/contact me using the options in my signature.

Thank you very much & can't wait to serve you guys!

--------------------
ILLEGEAR SDN BHD

Email: chiwinn@illegear.com
Tel: (+60) 3-2858 7399
Mobile: (+60) 18-664 8599

Like ILLEGEAR on Facebook
Follow ILLEGEAR on Twitter
Subscribe ILLEGEAR Youtube Channel

This post has been edited by Winn@Illegear: Aug 10 2018, 03:34 PM

41 Pages « < 39 40 41Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to: