Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Runners Version.11

Vrese
post Nov 28 2018, 01:42 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 28 2018, 11:36 AM)
Hi

Sorry bro, i was re-digging my old notes, hanson used to have links that discuss how to do "muscle glycogen replenishment" and how to induce growth of glycogen size... can grow till certain size. But i cannot find it, broken links... to share with you... my bad..

Looks like luke humphrey (co-author of Hanson book) is "branching"out.. i see "humprey running logo" in some of the previous hanson web site.
Nvm bro, guess im out of luck.
LittleSmarty
post Nov 28 2018, 02:12 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 28 2018, 12:41 PM)
Hi,

Good to know you finish the HM last year. Great you can hold your pace steady till 15k.

Some people have good cardio, seems you have... can still speak & breath smoothly... Some have high HR like 90% max HR, even though, they can speak and  breath smoothly.

As for me, my legs are fine till 15k to 18k, if i keep avg pace around 8 min/km at that range of distance but my HR keep inching upwards 不不不...  never tried running/training at 25k to 30k distance...

Perhaps we can do a group slow run, after you complete your first ultra race early next year. Are you in KL?
Yup I live in setapak area..Yeah sure if we had the chance to train together, why not ? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif
ChipZ
post Nov 29 2018, 12:51 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Kidicarus @ Nov 28 2018, 01:09 PM)
I live in puchong.  Yep, finding people at the right level to train with is difficult.  I work full time and my job involves travelling.  Consistency is the hardest thing for me.  Curi curi exercise whenever I can. 

I swim about 2k 3 times per week after i drop my kid at school and before work.  I have no doubt that it has contributed greatly to my overall fitness.

Also just wanted to add age is no barrier.  There's this lady i know who's in her 50s and just did the full ironman on an 18hour per week training schedule.  her 10k pace is 5:30/km.
I was following Don Fink programme while training for my Ironman race this year. Did lots of Z2 training in the base period before getting more intensive in the later phases. There are many definitions of HR zones such as Joe Friel's LTHR test but I find that does not align with my real physical capability. I just used normal Garmin HR zones
hondaracer
post Nov 29 2018, 12:59 PM

Regular

QUOTE(LittleSmarty @ Nov 28 2018, 02:12 PM)
Yup I live in setapak area..Yeah sure if we had the chance to train together, why not ?  icon_rolleyes.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif
Hi,

Do you run up and down bukit dinding in wangsa maju?
hondaracer
post Nov 29 2018, 01:04 PM

Regular

I live in puchong.  Yep, finding people at the right level to train with is difficult.  I work full time and my job involves travelling.  Consistency is the hardest thing for me.  Curi curi exercise whenever I can. 

I swim about 2k 3 times per week after i drop my kid at school and before work.  I have no doubt that it has contributed greatly to my overall fitness.

Also just wanted to add age is no barrier.  There's this lady i know who's in her 50s and just did the full ironman on an 18hour per week training schedule.  her 10k pace is 5:30/km.
Hi...

Hahaha 不不不like the word "curi curi exercise".

Where do you run and train?

LittleSmarty
post Nov 29 2018, 06:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 29 2018, 12:59 PM)
Hi,

Do you run up and down bukit dinding in wangsa maju?
Nope..I usually run at the lake behind Setapak Central as I live nearby there..Maybe weekend I can join you for training at Bukit Dinding if you train there biggrin.gif
hondaracer
post Nov 30 2018, 11:14 AM

Regular

QUOTE(LittleSmarty @ Nov 29 2018, 06:19 PM)
Nope..I usually run at the lake behind Setapak Central as I live nearby there..Maybe weekend I can join you for training at Bukit Dinding if you train there  biggrin.gif
Hi...

Aiyah... i thought you are training ultra? Running in trails? And Hill run?

Cheers
LittleSmarty
post Nov 30 2018, 01:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(hondaracer @ Nov 30 2018, 11:14 AM)
Hi...

Aiyah... i thought you are training ultra? Running in trails? And Hill run?

Cheers
For hill run I just run around Tar college only..many uphill road there blush.gif
hondaracer
post Dec 1 2018, 04:08 PM

Regular

QUOTE(LittleSmarty @ Nov 30 2018, 01:08 PM)
For hill run I just run around Tar college only..many uphill road there  blush.gif
Hi... if you are planning to try run bukit kiara, on weekend, buzz me ya, you will not be disappointed.

Bukit Kiara has paved roads around a hill, only accessible to bicycles and walkers/runner, undulating 2km loop with 10% incline and max elavation about 200m.

I thought you train ultra in bukit dinding or the trails belakang zoo negara....

People this part of city hit bukit kiara hill or kota damansara trails or FRRIM...
MrRaiden
post Dec 3 2018, 11:56 PM

Getting Started

Thinking to get brooks ghost 11. anyone here can give feedback for this shoes?
nickz91
post Dec 5 2018, 07:26 PM

Hi guys, Any run at MSN Track(Bukit Jalil) during night?
Lazyguy1337
post Dec 6 2018, 08:03 PM

Hi I live in Puchong too want to run together? Not training for IronMan level haha but 10- 15km is great for me.
CuriousDude
post Dec 7 2018, 06:55 PM

Group: Newbie

How's training/running at bukit dinding like?

I am looking for a hill to train. Used to run on a steep road at damansara perdana area.
Kidicarus
post Dec 8 2018, 04:14 PM

On my way
Group Icon
Group: VIP

QUOTE(Lazyguy1337 @ Dec 6 2018, 08:03 PM)
Hi I live in Puchong too want to run together? Not training for IronMan level haha but 10- 15km is great for me.
I'm still a noob and working on building up my weekly mileage and trying to get 30km per week consistently. I still have a year to train but for now I want to train solo - i'm doing a lot of work travelling and with real life it's difficult to commit to having a fixed training schedule. That's why the curi-curi exercise - if I have a free 45min slot i'll just go out and run.

Also been doing a bit of reading up on /r/running - their FAQ is really good for beginner runners and there are a lot more links for more in depth reading. like this one here which is a comparison of different training plans http://fellrnr.com/wiki/A_Comparison_of_Ma..._Training_Plans

ariffdude
post Yesterday, 12:13 PM

On my way

QUOTE(MrRaiden @ Dec 3 2018, 11:56 PM)
Thinking to get brooks ghost 11. anyone here can give feedback for this shoes?
I've got the brooks ghost 10 though, but my experience with it has been quite pleasant. Plush interior feels like you're walking on cotton, good grip on the road even during thunderstorms, lots of cushioning, and damn it looks nice. Had a few blisters when breaking them in but after that you can expect a smooth ride.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0661sec    1.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 05:51 AM