[OFFICIAL] Ubiquiti Networks, Home/SOHO/Enterprise Networking

views

TSpandera999
post Jan 5 2018, 04:07 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(Edevane @ Jan 5 2018, 03:14 PM)
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've tried setting up the required networks through VLAN-Only but the HyppTV STB is getting DHCP IP address from the USG instead of TM. Thus, the connection cannot be made and no image is showing.  sad.gif
are u using TM? maxis or time?
TSpandera999
post Jan 5 2018, 04:07 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(Edevane @ Jan 5 2018, 03:14 PM)
Thanks for the suggestion.
I've tried setting up the required networks through VLAN-Only but the HyppTV STB is getting DHCP IP address from the USG instead of TM. Thus, the connection cannot be made and no image is showing.  sad.gif
Edevane
post Jan 5 2018, 04:26 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Jan 5 2018, 04:07 PM)
TM's Unifi
afeezaziz
post Jan 13 2018, 11:50 AM

1 posts

Hi,

can anyone suggest good/responsive UBQT reseller in Malaysia? Need to have price list for backhaul and point to multipoint network equipments. Bought UBQT for home usage and thinking to propose the brand to my boss.
soonwai
post Jan 13 2018, 01:24 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(afeezaziz @ Jan 13 2018, 11:50 AM)
Hi,

can anyone suggest good/responsive UBQT reseller in Malaysia? Need to have price list for backhaul and point to multipoint network equipments. Bought UBQT for home usage and thinking to propose the brand to my boss.
Try Sublime Telecom. They’re on Lelong. If you’re in KL, their offices are in Jalan Ipoh. I get my Mikrotik stuff there and the occasional UBNT.
kucau
post Jan 15 2018, 09:18 AM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Jan 2 2018, 03:10 PM)
1 ) It depends, but if from Fiber box - edgerouter - switches - AP, then very high chances it will solve your problem
2 ) Streamyx is using dialup right? how you connect it to the modem router? i kinda forgot how streamyx was setup, but as long as i remember, streamyx use dialup, so only have modem router setting.
3 ) for that huge space, i think you should go for UAP AC LR instead of Pro. better range covered.
4 ) Port forwarding is easy to do on Edgerouter... but if only if, it is not ADSL2+,
let say i change to unifi security gateway , connect to my Dlink Modem/wifi/router - turn off wifi and set it to bridge mode. can streamyx works this way?

TSpandera999
post Jan 15 2018, 10:33 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(kucau @ Jan 15 2018, 09:18 AM)
let say i change to unifi security gateway , connect to my Dlink Modem/wifi/router - turn off wifi and set it to bridge mode. can streamyx works this way?
modem router ---> USG ---> AP

as like above?

yes, this can works but not fully utilized the potential of your networking hardware.
louislee1991
post Jan 15 2018, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi All,

I would like to use Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X To replace TIME Fiber Broadband current TP Link Archer Router. It looks like in the settings that there is no need to tag any VLAN and just PPPOE Authentication.

Any sifu here can assist me in this matter?
TSpandera999
post Jan 16 2018, 12:51 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(louislee1991 @ Jan 15 2018, 09:31 PM)
Hi All,

I would like to use Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X To replace TIME Fiber Broadband current TP Link Archer Router. It looks like in the settings that there is no need to tag any VLAN and just PPPOE Authentication.

Any sifu here can assist me in this matter?
TIme dont have vlan taging... just pppoe authentication only as far as i know. have IPTV? IPTV for TIME, normally connected to their fiber box..
mintgadget
post Jan 20 2018, 07:16 AM

Casual
317 posts

want to get your opinion here

any real benefits of cloud key vs docker? from what i see it still does the same job except for the manual updates for the latter.
TSpandera999
post Jan 20 2018, 10:35 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(mintgadget @ Jan 20 2018, 07:16 AM)
want to get your opinion here

any real benefits of cloud key vs docker? from what i see it still does the same job except for the manual updates for the latter.
you running some VM? not really familiar with docker features adv and disadv hmm.gif
mintgadget
post Jan 20 2018, 10:58 AM

Casual
317 posts

was running on pi earlier but shared resources with homebridge and it was killing it. hence decided to run on docker for synology but other than the nice gui on the cloud key it is basically the same thing, now to test is docker stable else just get the cloud key as it was built for the controller
wanttotree
post Jan 20 2018, 12:43 PM

On my way
650 posts

QUOTE(mintgadget @ Jan 20 2018, 10:58 AM)
was running on pi earlier but shared resources with homebridge and it was killing it. hence decided to run on docker for synology but other than the nice gui on the cloud key it is basically the same thing, now to test is docker stable    else just get the cloud key as it was built for the controller
Im using mine on synology docker. I dont see any problem with it so far. Running for a couple of years now. Cloud key is probably best for ppl who dont have dedicated server/machine and want straight forward setup. Anyone who has linux/windows machine lying around might just use that instead. Mind you, desktop grade server still need to add power consumptions into consideration. That is one advantage for cloudkey, its very low powered device. Correct me if i miss something guys.

Btw, pi is good if u use it as stand alone device. If u wanna save some money, another pi running just the controller is probably not a bad idea.

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Jan 20 2018, 12:47 PM
mintgadget
post Jan 20 2018, 01:31 PM

Casual
317 posts

QUOTE(wanttotree @ Jan 20 2018, 12:43 PM)
Im using mine on synology docker. I dont see any problem with it so far. Running for a couple of years now. Cloud key is probably best for ppl who dont have dedicated server/machine and want straight forward setup. Anyone who has linux/windows machine lying around might just use that instead. Mind you, desktop grade server still need to add power consumptions into consideration. That is one advantage for cloudkey, its very low powered device. Correct me if i miss something guys.

Btw, pi is good if u use it as stand alone device. If u wanna save some money, another pi running just the controller is probably not a bad idea.
Initially was running on synology docker when I had my gear setup but didn’t see a good way to update the controller. So decided to use a RPi3 thinking it was sufficient to share resources. If I was to get another RPi3 might as well spend the extra to get the cloudkey. Other than using latest build for docker, how do you update it when a new version is out. I am a sticker for getting my stuff on latest build.
wanttotree
post Jan 20 2018, 06:18 PM

On my way
650 posts

There is another one that is developed by russian guy that has a synology repo. Check http://synology.acmenet.ru
It wont do auto update, but once an update is available, its basically one click away. Try that and u can report back here.

This post has been edited by wanttotree: Jan 20 2018, 06:19 PM
mintgadget
post Jan 20 2018, 08:11 PM

Casual
317 posts

thanks had that repo in my list but didn't know that was a package for unifi been using docker all this while. i think will give this a try, chances will end up with cloud key for simplicity.
System Error Message
post Jan 21 2018, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(afeezaziz @ Jan 13 2018, 11:50 AM)
Hi,

Knowing who you are, i'd say go with UBNT despite the fact that they dont hold up to their ads when used for what they're bought for. Their latest 8 port SFP+ router can only handle a couple of Gb/s when you use the other features the OS provide.
louislee1991
post Jan 25 2018, 05:39 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Jan 21 2018, 02:53 PM)
Knowing who you are, i'd say go with UBNT despite the fact that they dont hold up to their ads when used for what they're bought for. Their latest 8 port SFP+ router can only handle a couple of Gb/s when you use the other features the OS provide.
i would recommend sublime. they are cheap and responsive compared to syncrowed.
TSpandera999
post Jan 25 2018, 08:23 PM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(louislee1991 @ Jan 25 2018, 05:39 PM)
i would recommend sublime. they are cheap and responsive compared to syncrowed.
syncroweb also cheap hmm.gif
calvin
post Feb 13 2018, 10:24 PM

Tech Enthusiast
1,857 posts

Question:

1. Would the Unifi AP wireless coverage be affected if I were to place it facing upwards the ceiling, rather than downfiring from the ceiling ? I'm trying to avoid any drilling on the concrete ceiling slab, not to mention the wiring too

2. As I am using Powerline as the main backbone around the house, do I need to have a separate PoE injector ? Does it come with the Unifi AP ?

61 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0311sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:12 AM