> Home Defect Rectification Checklist, After vacant posession! Update With Pics

views

BaRT
post Apr 4 2018, 11:06 PM

-Retired MOD-
Group Icon
Elite
2,150 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Apr 4 2018, 03:28 PM)
You mean they even alter the standard SPA?
lawyer say once the unit completed with ccc, developer can using own template of SPA
enriquelee
post Apr 5 2018, 09:17 AM

Don't ask for more, ask for COKE
All Stars
10,507 posts

QUOTE(BaRT @ Apr 4 2018, 11:06 PM)
lawyer say once the unit completed with ccc, developer can using own template of SPA
Got such thing?????? shocking.gif shocking.gif
chichichi
post Apr 19 2018, 05:46 PM

Casual
403 posts

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share that I have received the keys of my house about a month ago, and proceeded to have the house to be (semi) professionally inspected. Very thoroughly done, the marked everywhere, and recorded all the defects with maps, pictures and the whole 9-yards. I know for a fact that myself would not be so diligent, so I would say its a worthy investment.

so i have submitted the defect lists to the developer and they are doing the rectification, they say will take around 30-45 days. I was advised (by my house inspectors) to hold off any renovation works, so that the rectification can take place and the developer cant blame my contractors instead.

Is that normal?
WhitE LighteR
post Apr 19 2018, 09:02 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Apr 19 2018, 05:46 PM)
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share that I have received the keys of my house about a month ago, and proceeded to have the house to be (semi) professionally inspected. Very thoroughly done, the marked everywhere, and recorded all the defects with maps, pictures and the whole 9-yards. I know for a fact that myself would not be so diligent, so I would say its a worthy investment.

so i have submitted the defect lists to the developer and they are doing the rectification, they say will take around 30-45 days. I was advised (by my house inspectors) to hold off any renovation works, so that the rectification can take place and the developer cant blame my contractors instead.

Is that normal?
Can share what kind of defects that he found?
IReallyNeed Answers
post Apr 20 2018, 12:12 AM

Krazeybender
913 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Apr 19 2018, 05:46 PM)
Hello everyone,

Is that normal?
As long as the Reno isn’t within the vincinity of the defect shouldn’t be an issues.

But for peace of mind, I would also hold out on Reno till all defect is completely done and recheck to ensure finishing quality.

One thing I learned after purchasing my first prop is that if you can wait, then wait. I’ve seen other owner moved in early and Reno the place to only have it ruin 1 year down the road because of leakage and have to struggle to get developer to repair as they say it might not be defect and could be your own reno contractor fault.
chichichi
post Apr 20 2018, 09:35 AM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(IReallyNeed Answers @ Apr 20 2018, 12:12 AM)
As long as the Reno isn’t within the vincinity of the defect shouldn’t be an issues.

But for peace of mind, I would also hold out on Reno till all defect is completely done and recheck to ensure finishing quality.

One thing I learned after purchasing my first prop is that if you can wait, then wait. I’ve seen other owner moved in early and Reno the place to only have it ruin 1 year down the road because of leakage and have to struggle to get developer to repair as they say it might not be defect and could be your own reno contractor fault.
Thank you.

Yes, i was told the same, to complete rectification and recheck before starting to renovate. probably losing some money for additional rental while waiting for rectification, but then not much choice already.

That being said, say the rectification is done and completed, and i done renovation. And down the months something goes wrong example leakage- the developer would not take responsibility?

White lighter,
Defects found include hollow tiles, roof leakage, cracked tiles, grouting not done properly, rusty pipes/window/lockset, uneven painting, surface wall crack etc.. but thankfully nothing major..
chichichi
post Apr 20 2018, 10:29 AM

Casual
403 posts

Just wanted to share some of defects pictures

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
IReallyNeed Answers
post Apr 20 2018, 04:10 PM

Krazeybender
913 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Apr 20 2018, 09:35 AM)
Thank you.

Yes, i was told the same, to complete rectification and recheck before starting to renovate. probably losing some money for additional rental while waiting for rectification, but then not much choice already.

That being said, say the rectification is done and completed, and i done renovation. And down the months something goes wrong example leakage- the developer would not take responsibility?

White lighter,
Defects found include hollow tiles, roof leakage, cracked tiles, grouting not done properly, rusty pipes/window/lockset, uneven painting, surface wall crack etc.. but thankfully nothing major..
Can’t say for sure, some developer are better and some are worst.

If they can “tarik” the reason as caused by reno, and saved some manpower on your unit, most would probably go for it.

Leakages is probably some of the worst defect anyone can encounter, if your Reno is mere say cabinet and wardrobe with no drilling or hacking, probably it’ll be hard for them to link too

Dino168
post Apr 30 2018, 01:16 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

Hi .. if developer have a design issue e.g. roof have gaps (no endroof) and rain hitting window (no rain gutter); are those consider defects and can claim from developer? bangwall.gif Have made lots of ranting.gif to developer and developer reaction is rclxs0.gif

Can we bring it up to HBA or housebuyer tribunal?

BaRT
post May 4 2018, 03:16 PM

-Retired MOD-
Group Icon
Elite
2,150 posts

QUOTE(Alias L @ May 4 2018, 02:46 PM)
you need to check with developer and get a convincing clarification from them
In SPA, there is no clause about DLP.
I got clarification from developer already, they said once owner get a key....any defect can complain 1 time only.
And tentatively the duration is until this october only.
Berrypepper
post May 6 2018, 12:16 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Apr 20 2018, 10:29 AM)
Just wanted to share some of defects pictures

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Self check or you hire inspector? If hired one, appreciate if u can share the contact detail. Thanks!
Pugbunny
post Jun 10 2018, 11:00 AM

On my way
664 posts

Hi, I would the inspector contact too. tia
saiful faudzi
post Jun 10 2018, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Pugbunny @ Jun 10 2018, 11:00 AM)
Hi, I would the inspector contact too. tia
Hi you may search 'Defect team consultant' in FB . Quite reliable, reasonable price & established.

This post has been edited by saiful faudzi: Jun 10 2018, 02:23 PM
Pugbunny
post Jun 10 2018, 03:31 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(saiful faudzi @ Jun 10 2018, 02:14 PM)
Hi you may search 'Defect team consultant' in FB . Quite reliable, reasonable price & established.
Thanks for the info. 👌👌
echho
post Jun 24 2018, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(chichichi @ Apr 20 2018, 09:35 AM)
Thank you.

White lighter,
Can you PM your inspector contact and how much it cost?
archcherub
post Jul 30 2018, 12:28 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(saiful faudzi @ Jun 10 2018, 02:14 PM)
oooo thank you.
i dunno why i google but didnt get so many accurate results. will try fb.
FuuuuuuD
post Aug 2 2018, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

Hi, getting a ready built unit, need someone who can check if there is any problems and price to fix. Anyone can recommend? Thanks.
zudin
post Aug 6 2018, 04:20 PM

48 posts

roughly how much RM for defect checking?for 1000sqft?
GreenHulk555
post Aug 18 2018, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(zudin @ Aug 6 2018, 04:20 PM)
roughly how much RM for defect checking?for 1000sqft?
Should be around RM300-500
jorgsacul
post Aug 27 2018, 11:46 PM

Regular
1,377 posts

QUOTE(bluesky_1985 @ Jan 6 2016, 08:51 AM)
Anyone here can help do house inspection for a Condo (1300 sqf) ? Please pm me as well , Location = cyberjaya
Pm ur contact and price paid if can

48 Pages « < 32 33 34 35 36 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM