QUOTE(kabyss87 @ Aug 29 2018, 04:23 PM)
unrelated : Propguru plagiarize from TS!  puke.gif

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-ne...n-your-new-home
Wow.. direct plagiarism
tryifelsecatch
post Sep 6 2018, 11:42 PM

Casual
474 posts

hi guys, is this consider a defect? gap between wall and floor tiles.
and if so how would the developer fix it usually?
it's inside one of the bedroom.

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by tryifelsecatch: Sep 6 2018, 11:42 PM
num123
post Sep 7 2018, 12:15 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(tryifelsecatch @ Sep 6 2018, 11:42 PM)
hi guys, is this consider a defect? gap between wall and floor tiles.
and if so how would the developer fix it usually?
it's inside one of the bedroom.

Attached Image

Attached Image
which area is this? could be a missing skirting
num123
post Sep 7 2018, 12:16 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(num123 @ Sep 7 2018, 12:15 AM)
could be a missing skirting
user posted image
tryifelsecatch
post Sep 7 2018, 01:20 AM

Casual
474 posts

QUOTE(num123 @ Sep 7 2018, 12:15 AM)
which area is this? could be a missing skirting
it's 1 of the 4 walls inside a bed room. developer don't put skirting .. lousy sad.gif
what if the gap is too huge even if i plan for skirting.
i want developer to fix this as this is the only place out of 3 rooms.
but i wonder what's their remediation.
num123
post Sep 7 2018, 04:56 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(tryifelsecatch @ Sep 7 2018, 01:20 AM)
it's 1 of the 4 walls inside a bed room. developer don't put skirting .. lousy sad.gif
what if the gap is too huge even if i plan for skirting.
i want developer to fix this as this is the only place out of 3 rooms.
but i wonder what's their remediation.
skirting is usually 15-18mm including the tiles thickness
if the gap is more than this then you can have a thicker wall skim coat lo. if the cost to skim the wall is very high then may i advise to just have a thicker skirting.
tryifelsecatch
post Sep 7 2018, 09:19 PM

Casual
474 posts

QUOTE(num123 @ Sep 7 2018, 04:56 PM)
skirting is usually 15-18mm including the tiles thickness
if the gap is more than this then you can have a thicker wall skim coat lo. if the cost to skim the wall is very high then may i advise to just have a thicker skirting.
i see. thanks for the info. i will just put this in the defect list and see what the developer has to say smile.gif
yfchin2
post Sep 12 2018, 03:18 PM

Enthusiast
905 posts

Hi, anyone has the contact for new house defect checking team in JB ? Do let me know if you have one. Thanks

This post has been edited by yfchin2: Sep 12 2018, 03:19 PM
ulala2
post Nov 2 2018, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(stormchaser @ Feb 27 2007, 05:04 PM)
Shall we get the key first then only list out the defect to them.. or we should avoid getting the key before the defect fixed??
1) When Vacant Possession Notice issued to you, regardless of whether you take the vacant possession and take the key or not, the vacant possession is done. Meaning Defect Liability Start;

2) You should take the key and list out all the defects and submit to developer. It can be in batches and not necessary 1 full complete list.

3) A good defect list shall content:-
a) Clear writing and spell out clearly the nature of the defects;
b) A layout plan demarcated the location of the defects as per list;
c) A photo of each defect.

Reason Why must take the key first[U]

1) If the nature of defect is very minimum, u still can occupier the units or rent out the unit;

2) Once u submitted the defect list ( depending of the defect list), you may still proceed with your own renovation works on other area which is not affected by defect. For example, your defect is kitchen cabinet got problem, u still can proceed the renovation works in bedroom. So this will cut short all the time.

3) if VP is out, and key with developer, multiple workers may use your unit as their temporary rest house;

4) With key, u can demand the defect rectification with appointment, so that force developer to properly plan the work schedule in your unit.

5) If key with developer, they must take their sweet time to rectify the defect.

Hope above explanation help u.
TQ
waisang
post Jan 10 2019, 02:59 PM

On my way
587 posts

Need advised, purchased an apartment in Cameron Highlands under LBS development, LBS has advised me no warranty covered neither the defect liability period typically lasts for 18 months

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-ne...omeowners-guide

The defects will have to submit for the rectification works once the key has handed over to the owner, the warranty will be ended.

Can anyone share your thoughts?

BlackPen
post Jan 14 2019, 04:32 PM

GOD Hand
865 posts

anyone here..submitted the defect form and 30 days also did not do anything about it. What should we do?

Tq sifu
uglyduckling422
post Jan 15 2019, 10:59 AM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(waisang @ Jan 10 2019, 02:59 PM)
Need advised, purchased an apartment in Cameron Highlands under LBS development, LBS has advised me no warranty covered neither the defect liability period typically lasts for 18 months

https://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-ne...omeowners-guide

The defects will have to submit for the rectification works once the key has handed over to the owner, the warranty will be ended.

Can anyone share your thoughts?
Check SPA contents does it state like that? like very not fair or check with lawyer.

QUOTE(BlackPen @ Jan 14 2019, 04:32 PM)
anyone here..submitted the defect form and 30 days also did not do anything about it. What should we do?

Tq sifu
Check SPA contents also and write email to them. say if didnt do anything you can appoint your own contractor and claim from them. Check SPA and with lawyer first ya
chypp
post Jan 18 2019, 01:40 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

Hi guys,

What if the defect is considered "design defect" and developer is not acting on it?

The situation is like this :
This is an apartment unit, havent move in. For normal defects, the developer responded quite well, but my unit's corridor is facing a "modern style" roof which slanted inwards. Its not low enough, so when it rains the it will splash into the corridor. One need to ready an umbrella to go out. Often the splash accumulates and penetrates into the house through the door.

Complained to developer, they said need go through the repair guy. The repair guy said its design related, and he cant do anything. Said that if structure changed, strata application for everyone need to be reviewed. Currently asked the repair guy to escalate to the developer's office but no news. Dilly dally till now. Its the only unit having the problem.

Few month left before warranty over, planning to take firm action, who should i pursue?

user posted image
jepakazoid_82
post Jan 31 2019, 01:37 PM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Any body got contact for someone who can inspect cracks on existing double storey house,?
nestortcy
post Mar 1 2019, 01:56 PM

15 posts

Hi, I am currently doing a water ponding test in bathroom, anyone having the standard guideline on that? Or where should I refer from government sector perspective?

mcgi7sk2 P
post Apr 9 2019, 11:46 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(BlackPen @ Jan 14 2019, 04:32 PM)

Tq sifu
Follow up with them. Document it
mcgi7sk2 P
post Apr 9 2019, 11:46 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Jan 31 2019, 01:37 PM)
Any body got contact for someone who can inspect cracks on existing double storey house,?
search for building inspectors
mcgi7sk2 P
post Apr 9 2019, 11:47 AM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(chypp @ Jan 18 2019, 01:40 AM)

Hi guys,

What if the defect is considered \"design defect\" and developer is not acting on it?

The situation is like this :
This is an apartment unit, havent move in. For normal defects, the developer responded quite well, but my unit's corridor is facing a \"modern style\" roof which slanted inwards. Its not low enough, so when it rains the it will splash into the corridor. One need to ready an umbrella to go out. Often the splash accumulates and penetrates into the house through the door.

Complained to developer, they said need go through the repair guy. The repair guy said its design related, and he cant do anything. Said that if structure changed, strata application for everyone need to be reviewed. Currently asked the repair guy to escalate to the developer's office but no news. Dilly dally till now. Its the only unit having the problem. 

Few month left before warranty over, planning to take firm action, who should i pursue?

https://pictr.com/images/2019/01/18/0cnyNx.md.jpg

might have to get an engineer report for the slant to justify it being a defect
SIEWBAO
post Apr 11 2019, 01:17 AM

Casual
330 posts

Hi guys, wanna ask izit possible to edit floor plan while developer haven starts build up the house yet? how much does it cost roughly?

48 Pages « < 33 34 35 36 37 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:58 PM