QUOTE(Garenyu @ Feb 17 2020, 01:12 PM)
Interesting, will definitely checkout on this....
Any other big item that we should lookout for?
Thanks to the silent reading habit, i did grab up some info beforehand and we just bought 1 Pack of Small Size Baby Diapers, 6 set of cloths, milk bottle and along some miscellaneous baby related item.
We also just started prepping up some essential bag item yesterday.
my 2 sen.
i didnt use any baby changing table because didnt think it was necessary for us. instead i bought rubber mat thing, then can change on the bed, or on the floor. or on the crib. but if you got extra $$ and space, then of course table is better.
as for crib. i think ikea ones are ok, but only 2 levels. if got budget i recommend getting a 3 level crib. my son still using his crib @5+yo.
top level when they are still newborn, so its easier to see them and pick them up/put them down, can even change diaper. the second level when they can start rolling around a bit and lowest level when they can sit up/stand. then when they are older, can take off one of the sides and can use as normal bed. when you are picking up the kid so many times a day, your backs will be soooo happy with the top level. hehe.
for bottle, i recommend getting glass. but thats just personal preference, i find it cleaner.
other things to prep are:
1. nipple cream for your waifu (if planning to BF, if going for formula, then dont need). please discuss with wife for this, dont pressure her for one way or the other. its definitely not an easy task.
2. if BF, a breast pump. recommend just ask from a friend. no point to buy a new machine. maybe just get new bottles and accessories.
3. swaddles/towels for wrapping or burping, or cleaning up vomit~
4. yuyi oil/minyak telon.
5. wet wipes (the big tube ones are better as easy to take out new wipes when holding the bebeh).
6. bathtub. for shampoos and such, i recommend getting those ones which have pump valve. so one hand can get the shampoo out. easier, unless its always a 2 adult activity.
7. cream for diaper rash. i used sudocrem, but i think so many out there.
8. bebeh nail clippers.
9. belly wrap thingie for their umbilical.
10. mental state - its gonna be crazy. everyones gonna be crazy. lolol. if possible, take as many annual leave as possible to get everything sorted out. get everyone settled in, make sure everything is purchased and comfortable, etc.
for the clothes i think you need more than 6 set. my boy went through like 2-3 sets a day. cause vomit, or pee/poo leak. or drool all over. if daily washing, then its ok. but if not, then i recommend to get a few more. dont need anything fancy, just a plain onesie.