> Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

Yveatel
post Feb 17 2020, 02:01 PM

On my way
676 posts

QUOTE(kohchuup @ Feb 17 2020, 01:33 PM)
imho, i didnt use baby changing table.

for bb is NB - new born, cloths up to individual, some do not mind to use prelove from family members or friends or etc...

for milk bottles, depends how u n ur wife's arrangement, my wife full time house wife can bb direct latch so i only have a few only.

bb oil, bb diaper's cream can trial n error, most ppl use drapolene cream, my wife handmade them.

bb swaddle blanket, mittens and etc...

all the best ya
My wife did not use changing table either. But always change baby diapers on bed especially in early months of baby causes back pain. So, after that she told me must get a changing table for second one. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif informed my friends, and both of them also gives positive feedbacks.
hutazi
post Feb 17 2020, 02:05 PM

Casual
486 posts

QUOTE(Garenyu @ Feb 17 2020, 01:12 PM)
Interesting, will definitely checkout on this....

Any other big item that we should lookout for? 
Thanks to the silent reading habit, i did grab up some info beforehand and we just bought 1 Pack of Small Size Baby Diapers, 6 set of cloths, milk bottle and along some miscellaneous baby related item.  notworthy.gif

We also just started prepping up some essential bag item yesterday.  thumbup.gif
my 2 sen.

i didnt use any baby changing table because didnt think it was necessary for us. instead i bought rubber mat thing, then can change on the bed, or on the floor. or on the crib. but if you got extra $$ and space, then of course table is better.

as for crib. i think ikea ones are ok, but only 2 levels. if got budget i recommend getting a 3 level crib. my son still using his crib @5+yo.
top level when they are still newborn, so its easier to see them and pick them up/put them down, can even change diaper. the second level when they can start rolling around a bit and lowest level when they can sit up/stand. then when they are older, can take off one of the sides and can use as normal bed. when you are picking up the kid so many times a day, your backs will be soooo happy with the top level. hehe.

for bottle, i recommend getting glass. but thats just personal preference, i find it cleaner.

other things to prep are:
1. nipple cream for your waifu (if planning to BF, if going for formula, then dont need). please discuss with wife for this, dont pressure her for one way or the other. its definitely not an easy task.
2. if BF, a breast pump. recommend just ask from a friend. no point to buy a new machine. maybe just get new bottles and accessories.
3. swaddles/towels for wrapping or burping, or cleaning up vomit~
4. yuyi oil/minyak telon.
5. wet wipes (the big tube ones are better as easy to take out new wipes when holding the bebeh).
6. bathtub. for shampoos and such, i recommend getting those ones which have pump valve. so one hand can get the shampoo out. easier, unless its always a 2 adult activity.
7. cream for diaper rash. i used sudocrem, but i think so many out there.
8. bebeh nail clippers.
9. belly wrap thingie for their umbilical.
10. mental state - its gonna be crazy. everyones gonna be crazy. lolol. if possible, take as many annual leave as possible to get everything sorted out. get everyone settled in, make sure everything is purchased and comfortable, etc.

for the clothes i think you need more than 6 set. my boy went through like 2-3 sets a day. cause vomit, or pee/poo leak. or drool all over. if daily washing, then its ok. but if not, then i recommend to get a few more. dont need anything fancy, just a plain onesie.
Garenyu
post Feb 17 2020, 02:46 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Feb 17 2020, 03:05 PM)
my 2 sen.

i didnt use any baby changing table because didnt think it was necessary for us. instead i bought rubber mat thing, then can change on the bed, or on the floor. or on the crib. but if you got extra $$ and space, then of course table is better.

as for crib. i think ikea ones are ok, but only 2 levels. if got budget i recommend getting a 3 level crib. my son still using his crib @5+yo.
top level when they are still newborn, so its easier to see them and pick them up/put them down, can even change diaper. the second level when they can start rolling around a bit and lowest level when they can sit up/stand. then when they are older, can take off one of the sides and can use as normal bed. when you are picking up the kid so many times a day, your backs will be soooo happy with the top level. hehe.

for bottle, i recommend getting glass. but thats just personal preference, i find it cleaner.

other things to prep are:
1. nipple cream for your waifu (if planning to BF, if going for formula, then dont need). please discuss with wife for this, dont pressure her for one way or the other. its definitely not an easy task.
2. if BF, a breast pump. recommend just ask from a friend. no point to buy a new machine. maybe just get new bottles and accessories.
3. swaddles/towels for wrapping or burping, or cleaning up vomit~
4. yuyi oil/minyak telon.
5. wet wipes (the big tube ones are better as easy to take out new wipes when holding the bebeh).
6. bathtub. for shampoos and such, i recommend getting those ones which have pump valve. so one hand can get the shampoo out. easier, unless its always a 2 adult activity.
7. cream for diaper rash. i used sudocrem, but i think so many out there.
8. bebeh nail clippers.
9. belly wrap thingie for their umbilical.
10. mental state - its gonna be crazy. everyones gonna be crazy. lolol. if possible, take as many annual leave as possible to get everything sorted out. get everyone settled in, make sure everything is purchased and comfortable, etc.

for the clothes i think you need more than 6 set. my boy went through like 2-3 sets a day. cause vomit, or pee/poo leak. or drool all over. if daily washing, then its ok. but if not, then i recommend to get a few more. dont need anything fancy, just a plain onesie.
Woah... Thank you so much for sharing these info. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Actually we are thinking about the level thingy as well and plan to have extra survey about it on this coming baby fair before actually proceed on it.

About the bottle, we definitely will take glass in the future but we start with PPSU material first considering the weight of it.

My wife intend to start with BF first and see how it goes.

About the cloths, cause we are going into Confinement Center straight after leaving the hospital, so we still have 1 month buffer time there for some minor shopping of necessity biggrin.gif

While for all other information i will further go through on it with my wife later thumbsup.gif
hutazi
post Feb 17 2020, 04:15 PM

Casual
486 posts

QUOTE(Garenyu @ Feb 17 2020, 02:46 PM)
Woah... Thank you so much for sharing these info.  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif 

Actually we are thinking about the level thingy as well and plan to have extra survey about it on this coming baby fair before actually proceed on it.

About the bottle, we definitely will take glass in the future but we start with PPSU material first considering the weight of it.

My wife intend to start with BF first and see how it goes.

About the cloths, cause we are going into Confinement Center straight after leaving the hospital, so we still have 1 month buffer time there for some minor shopping of necessity  biggrin.gif

While for all other information i will further go through on it with my wife later  thumbsup.gif
if looking at PPSU bottles, then maybe can also look into bottle steriliser, i didnt use one because we used glass from the start so just boiled it. i think PPSU can also boil, but not sure its effect in long run.

good luck bro, and get ready for wallet to explode. biggrin.gif

another random tip. research about baby poop; shapes, colours, etc. hahaha its gonna take over your life. hahahaha. its a very good baby health indicator.

alternativehype
post Feb 17 2020, 08:12 PM

Enthusiast
928 posts

QUOTE(hutazi @ Feb 17 2020, 04:15 PM)
if looking at PPSU bottles, then maybe can also look into bottle steriliser, i didnt use one because we used glass from the start so just boiled it. i think PPSU can also boil, but not sure its effect in long run.

good luck bro, and get ready for wallet to explode. biggrin.gif 

another random tip. research about baby poop; shapes, colours, etc. hahaha its gonna take over your life. hahahaha. its a very good baby health indicator.
Lol. So true about poop. I've never been so happy to see and smell poop
hutazi
post Feb 18 2020, 01:23 PM

Casual
486 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ Feb 17 2020, 08:12 PM)
Lol. So true about poop. I've never been so happy to see and smell poop
hahaha. ya man. sometimes got whatsapp with my kids poop and both celebrate. especially after constipated 1-2 days. fuuu really stressful times.

kohchuup
post Feb 18 2020, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
173 posts

same here haha

53 Pages « < 51 52 53Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0333sec    3.04    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 12:35 AM