6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

Yveatel
post May 6 2016, 04:15 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

CHECK-IN!! Father in 3 months time!!! Just excited now. Got some baby stuffs at BabyWorld the other day.

Got breast pump, warmer, steriliser, and couple of bottles. Anything else I really need to prepare?

Yveatel
post May 6 2016, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ May 6 2016, 05:19 PM)
congrats bro. you will still need a lot of stuff hahaha. heres a small list from top of my head to give you some ideas.

just some random stuff to consider:
highly recommended:
- nappy cloth. i dunno what its called. in aeon they got, its square shaped i think like 10pcs for RM10-20 or something. useful for everything. the more you wash it gets softer. so can prewash a few times before use. can also be used for a swaddle.
- baby powder (use pure cornstarch - talc is too fine and can be inhaled and shouldnt be used.)
- get a good nappy cream (i use sudocreme, but there are others - can get from most pharmacies)
- cloth to wrap the baby's tummy. dunno the name, its just to wrap around the abdomen before the umbilical cord falls out. just to protect from getting sangkut on baju and stuff. ouch.
- nail clipper - i used the scissors shaped one. need to clip quite often otherwise they wlll scratch themselves. can use mittens if you want, but in the end still need to clip the nails.
- nipple cream - should use 2 weeks prior to delivering baby or something like that, its expensive though. but your wife will thank you.
- cotton balls - to bathe and clean the baby. nurse will teach you.
- creams and oils.
- bottle cleaner scrub brush thing and liquid cleaner for bottle.
- bottle drying rack
- car seat. better if you can just borrow one from someone as they will outgrow it in 6 months. pointless to spend so much for the first few months and then buy another one. unless you buy the really good ones that can convert.
- stroller - again, get ones that can convert, or just borrow from someone. sweet cherry are decent quality and also look good. i had a quinny from a friend but its way too heavy and big.

recommended:
- wet wipes - always handy for emergency spills or flying pee
- baby bath tub
- organic baby soap (i thought to use cheap one, but after seeing my baby, terus went to buy the organic stuff hahaha. i think like RM60 for 120ml or something. but lasts a long time, so worth it lah).

not urgent:
- many toys - they dont play much. just sleep and eat. you are entertaining enough for bebeh. hopefully hahahah. jk jk. plus for the first month i think they cant see anyways. can just print out some strong contrast B&W images for entertainment.
- diapers - depending on hospital, they will give you a few samples, test those out before buying a bunch of diapers. some will get rash, or not comfortable for baby etc.

phew... longer than i thought. got carried away hahaha. also, if your wife got a lot of milk, you can consider looking for breast milk storage bags, then can freeze and use for later. like if your wife wanna go jalan or work, then you can still give BM rather than formula.

congrats and welcome aboard. its gonna be crazy, but will be the best time of your life too.  thumbup.gif
rclxub.gif rclxub.gif more stuffs to buy... lolz... thanks a lot!!!

Yveatel
post Jun 6 2016, 08:01 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

did some shopping yesterday. Fuh, preparing for the birth of my baby soon. Excited in 8 weeks time!!!

by the way, can anyone enlighten me on hospital for birth around East KL? I'm staying at Bukit Tinggi, Bentong. My wife prefer natural birth smile.gif which one doc back in my hometown (Teluk Intan) recommend as well (however, after talk with him, he did use some drug to decrease (edited) the time for birth) so my wife not very happy with him.

This post has been edited by Yveatel: Jun 6 2016, 09:20 AM
Yveatel
post Jun 6 2016, 09:19 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Jun 6 2016, 09:11 AM)
let it be natural .. not sure why want to extend the time for the birth .. unless the baby position still not yet ready
sorry, I should said decrease the time of birth.

Few points my wife prefer to

1) no drugs or whatsoever in pushing for birth (doc wants to use drugs to decrease the birth time)
2) have baby with her straight after birth, (but doc said you are risking life of baby. He said baby needs to be keep warm immediately cause baby might be cold and cause hardship in breathing.)- is it true?
3) Allow blood from Placenta to fully flows to baby before cut the cord (doc did not agree on this)

Anyone got good doc can recommend? Even from gov hospital also good
Yveatel
post Jun 6 2016, 03:16 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Jun 6 2016, 10:12 AM)
ah decrease time of birth make sense biggrin.gif

below based on my experience witnessing my wife delivered 3 kids at operation room

1) no drugs or whatsoever in pushing for birth (doc wants to use drugs to decrease the birth time)

depends on situation , if water bag burst, normally dr advise drugs to push the birth as baby will be in danger if too long if wbag burst .. my wife 8 hours delivered after wb burst. probaly always be prepared for operation if needed ...

2) have baby with her straight after birth, (but doc said you are risking life of baby. He said baby needs to be keep warm immediately cause baby might be cold and cause hardship in breathing.)- is it true?

what do you mean straight after birth? normally after delivered ... nurse will slap buntut baby then cry ... after that baby will be put on your wife top near the breast area for 5 minutes .. then tag baby leg and hand with name .. then bring back to nusery .. on/off tekan bell as nurse to bring baby for breast feeding
3) Allow blood from Placenta to fully flows to baby before cut the cord (doc did not agree on this)

there is some people praticing this and depends on dr but for me i opt for stemcell hence cut cord and suck the cord blood to the tabung for stem cell to keep which done by the dr
May I know which hospital?

QUOTE(MeToo @ Jun 6 2016, 10:32 AM)
DOnt sleep with baby...

Dont start, dont try, dont make it a habit...
hahaha, my mum said the same thing... not even in the first month for the convenient of breast feeding?
Yveatel
post Jun 8 2016, 11:29 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(incx @ Jun 8 2016, 11:28 AM)
There is a high risk of sudden infant death syndrome. So don't even try. bruce.gif
You mean infant die when sleep together??
Yveatel
post Jun 8 2016, 11:53 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Jun 8 2016, 11:43 AM)
not 100% but there is a higher chance of suffocation via object covering them or parents rolling over, or pushing them off bed, or hitting them or SIDS. etc and so forth. its not worth it. people say 'get closer to baby' or 'more convenient'. also more convenient for baby to die.
I see what you mean, thanks
Yveatel
post Jun 9 2016, 01:15 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(bartbarb @ Jun 9 2016, 09:58 AM)
Hi All, would like to know. My wife just went to KK for a check up on her current 3 months pregancy. KK ask her next week come back again for blood test & bring me along to do the test as well.
never heard of this before, is it a new practise?
HIV test for father as well.
Yveatel
post Jun 9 2016, 04:00 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(kucingfight @ Jun 9 2016, 03:58 PM)
father of 2.
my daily routine includes:

715am = wake up, prepare kids for kindy
8am =send them and go work
630pm = back from work, bring kids to playground
730pm= wife feed dinner, i bathe them
8pm= watch some tv, while i clean dishes
830pm= wife teach/see to the kids, i clean up the house (vacuum, mop, toys etc)
915pm = i bring one up first to sleep, or else 2 of them will be playing
10pm = one sleeps, my wife brings up the 2nd one. while i do last cleaning up

by the time done with cleaning, some coffee, bathe = 11 -1130pm. sweat.gif
time for some tv shows n go to sleep.

and it repeats ...
wow!! That's quite strict routine you are following there..
Yveatel
post Jun 9 2016, 04:05 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(kucingfight @ Jun 9 2016, 04:02 PM)
lol..or rather..what choice do i have
dry.gif me currently one day do household, one day off tongue.gif pretty sure everything will change with my first baby coming soon
Yveatel
post Jul 1 2016, 11:31 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(MoonRider @ Jun 30 2016, 12:21 PM)
ceaser is more faster .. it will takes 30 minutes at most if no complications ..
many people prefer natural nowadays.
Yveatel
post Jul 19 2016, 10:57 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(tedrichie @ Jul 19 2016, 09:20 AM)
anyone can help regarding baby kuning x? 5 days already...
check with hospital. But an experienced doctor told me it is normal if parents blood is different type.
Yveatel
post Sep 23 2016, 08:19 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Ash1988 @ Sep 22 2016, 09:47 PM)
Any tips for staying awake at midnight?
I need to feed my son every 2hours...kinda sleepy at night.
your wife? how many weeks your baby? Mine just 8 weeks yesterday, rotate with wife and so far still ok. Wife breastfeed until 1am last round, while I sleep from 9pm - 3am. Estimate baby awake by 3am, I still got about 6 hours of sleep, my wife sleeps from 2am to 7/8am.

I reached home around 6.30pm, cook, and dinner by 7.30/8pm. Sleep from 9pm - 3am.
I feed baby at 3am, 5am, and 7am before I go to work.
Yveatel
post Nov 8 2016, 08:43 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

My baby - 3mo, keeps crying before sleep. When carry her, she will looks around, smile and happy. Put her down on her bed, she will cry.

My neighbor said might be colic, but my wife and I doubt so. We think she's just being playful and does not want to sleep. When she gets over tired, she will cry all the time
Yveatel
post Nov 8 2016, 11:03 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Nov 8 2016, 09:37 AM)
at 3 months they should be sleeping a lot. like 3-5 times per day. everyone says its colic when baby cries doh.gif just try to calm the baby down when going to sleep. get some white noise. talk softly, put some nice minyak telon and then wrap her like a popiah and should be much easier. kits will always be playful till the KO. and also....

NO EYE CONTACT!

when putting them to bed, try to avoid eye contact. use your peripheral vision to do things around baby.
We calm the baby, put baby down, and she will cry. Carry her, she will stop, but her down, and she cry. rclxub.gif Been doing this few times until she fell asleep.

Eye Contact?? sweat.gif maybe we did look into her eyes often. Thanks. Will try for next few days and see how it is going to be.
Yveatel
post Nov 24 2016, 08:24 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Denise_D @ Nov 24 2016, 03:50 AM)
dear all sifu...

i want to ask...anyone..your wife experience bloating and nausea? i look at my wife and she is suffering..and i look helpless .can't do anything ..... cry.gif  she is 9 weeks pregnant

eat a bit only..then feel very bloating...sleep also can't sleep well. to add on...feeling dizzy...as her blood pressure is low.

any chinese herbs can ease above?? appreciate your advise here..
notworthy.gif
woa... sorry, I can't help. My wife did not experience such problems during pregnancy. Some of her friends said she is so lucky. tongue.gif
Yveatel
post Dec 19 2016, 05:04 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Ash1988 @ Dec 19 2016, 04:29 PM)
Does anyone have any ideas which brand of milk powder is the best for consumption?
There are a lot of brands outside and currently I am using Enfalac A+ for my newborn baby.

I found out that this brand is quite expensive if not the most expensive brand comparing with others. Just wanted to know if its due to it has extra ingredient which is good for baby / just because of the brand.
I am using Morinaga. Enfalac is expensive because it is vegetable based, no?
Yveatel
post Dec 22 2016, 09:13 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

I sent my wife back to hometown for delivery as KL is expensive. Anson Bay Medical Centre - Dr. Aida (Muslim Woman Gynae). Her service is excellent and supportive. We informed her that we wants to have as natural as possible birth. After amniotic fluid leaks 4am in the morning, she said she will wait for 18 hours. Too bad, my baby girl refused to come out by 8pm, then she discuss with us on the usage of hormone to fasten the delivery. Boom, baby safely delivered by midnight - 3 hours after injection.

Normal checkup price around MYR120.
Yveatel
post Dec 28 2016, 03:57 PM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Foxngn @ Dec 28 2016, 12:01 PM)
I just got my first baby girl on 21st.  On 25th we bring to hospital check for Jaundice. That time it was 217, doctor said that if over 300 then need to admit hospital.

Today Nurse came, told us to bring baby to clinic to check again. sad.gif
Traditional method - sun!!!
Yveatel
post Dec 29 2016, 08:37 AM

Enthusiast
879 posts

QUOTE(Foxngn @ Dec 28 2016, 05:24 PM)
this few days keep on raining. There is no sun sad.gif
Only got 1 day got morning sun previously.
sad.gif

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0499sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:51 PM