[ Standard ] · Linear+

> Thread for Husband and Father, Lets share/discuss/info

views

starianz
post May 14 2020, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

damn, i was nagged by my mom.

Anyone know what tonic should i gave to my wife during confinement?
I don't think the confinement centre will give chinese tonic to my wife.

Anyone have experience on this?
Something like huiji waist tonic?
coolhunter88
post May 15 2020, 10:15 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(starianz @ May 14 2020, 10:34 PM)

hello.. you gotta get used to being nagged by your mom and dad.. as it will keep on coming..
time by time, wife and mother will have different ideas... try to avoid arguments..
As for confinement timing, i did not go to confinement centre.. but got a confinement lady who used chinese herbs... she gave me the list and i get it from the shop...
so i guess confinement centre will have their way of tuning your wife back to shape..

All the best...
starianz
post May 15 2020, 07:25 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 15 2020, 10:15 AM)
hello.. you gotta get used to being nagged by your mom and dad.. as it will keep on coming..
time by time, wife and mother will have different ideas... try to avoid arguments..
As for confinement timing, i did not go to confinement centre.. but got a confinement lady who used chinese herbs... she gave me the list and i get it from the shop...
so i guess confinement centre will have their way of tuning your wife back to shape..

All the best...
Thanks for response!

You still remember what did the confinement lady ask you to buy?

Hope the nagging not coming so much :|

Yveatel
post May 15 2020, 07:56 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

if you are chinese, just walk in any TCM or chinese medicine shop can buy. Just tell them confinement, they even have a package of 30days etc

starianz
post May 16 2020, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Yveatel @ May 15 2020, 07:56 PM)
if you are chinese, just walk in any TCM or chinese medicine shop can buy. Just tell them confinement, they even have a package of 30days etc
I'm chinese but don't speak or understand mandarin sad.gif

Only know hokkian

Sad
farscope
post May 16 2020, 02:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,315 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 10 2020, 04:32 PM)
thanks for your advice.
btw, im feeding S26 Milk formula for newborn...
seems there's lots of red spots on the cheek and white sandy spots on the body, arms and thigh... is this means of too heaty??
my baby used to drink S26 for the first month and also developed some of the symptoms you mentioned. when its on cheek is kinda normal but if it propagates to the body etc then sth maybe not right.

i changed to morinaga BF-1 thereafter and so far so good.. once awhile some milk rashes on cheek but go off pretty quickly.. consult your pead too..

QUOTE(ernie ball @ May 11 2020, 01:34 PM)
Hi guys, out of topic but not sure where else to ask.. any suggestions for child seats? Main criteria is not too bulky, and is airy (baby sweat a lot).. price range around rm1k, not too particular about safety as it will be used around town and more important to get the baby to sit inside rather than crying for the mum... as long as not those ridiculously cheap brand then I'm happy smile.gif

Something like chicco nextfit range or Graco extend2fit ( but it's very bulky), and not sure if the fabric is cool.
i bought u-baby pro neptune i think, can turn 360.. around RM600.. and my baby loves it.. everytime he sit in his car seat he sure quiet and sleep until dont want wake up.. its unexpectedly comfortable for that kind of price range.

i bought with stroller combo RM999. stroller i add one more cushion and my baby loves it also..

i went to TCM to customize the soup

you can also buy readymade soup package
coolhunter88
post May 17 2020, 09:23 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(starianz @ May 15 2020, 07:25 PM)
Thanks for response!

You still remember what did the confinement lady ask you to buy?

Hope the nagging not coming so much :|
nah... just normal food such as ginger, those alcohol DOM Bottles... and etc...
couldn't rmb much...
coolhunter88
post May 17 2020, 09:24 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(farscope @ May 16 2020, 02:26 PM)
my baby used to drink S26 for the first month and also developed some of the symptoms you mentioned. when its on cheek is kinda normal but if it propagates to the body etc then sth maybe not right.

i changed to morinaga BF-1 thereafter and so far so good.. once awhile some milk rashes on cheek but go off pretty quickly.. consult your pead too..
i bought u-baby pro neptune i think, can turn 360.. around RM600.. and my baby loves it.. everytime he sit in his car seat he sure quiet and sleep until dont want wake up.. its unexpectedly comfortable for that kind of price range.

i bought with stroller combo RM999. stroller i add one more cushion and my baby loves it also..
i went to TCM to customize the soup

you can also buy readymade soup package
yeap... now also drinking morinaga BF-1...
will consult with pead as well.

thanks mate...
starianz
post May 18 2020, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 17 2020, 09:23 PM)
nah... just normal food such as ginger, those alcohol DOM Bottles... and etc...
couldn't rmb much...
These TCM is something like Eu Yan Sang? I'm not local here, so don't really know about TCM.
coolhunter88
post May 18 2020, 02:59 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(starianz @ May 18 2020, 08:56 AM)
These TCM is something like Eu Yan Sang? I'm not local here, so don't really know about TCM.
Actually what ppl usually do is go to chinese medicine shops, and ask for chinese herbs or food for your wife who just give birth..
I get my stuff from OUG Fah Lian herbs Shop..
coolhunter88
post May 18 2020, 03:01 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ Apr 18 2020, 01:22 PM)
just seek an advice, if use the cloth diapers (lampin), will it wet the bedsheet ?
is it alright if i just use pampers??
i mean of course will change pampers for every 3 hours...
what the elders concern is the wet pampers will affect the butt, or private area,,

Yveatel
post May 18 2020, 07:01 PM

Enthusiast
708 posts

QUOTE(starianz @ May 18 2020, 08:56 AM)
Traditional Chinese Medicine. Eu Yan Sang is like selling the herbs etc. Some TCM Shops have some TCM Practioner (Dr) which you can get advice from. Anyway, if you are talking about confinement herbs etc, then normal TCM shops can assist.

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 18 2020, 03:01 PM)
what the elders concern is the wet pampers will affect the butt, or private area,,
Not sure on the effect, but for me is cost. During the first 12 months spend a lot on pampers. So, alternate between pampers, reusable and lampin.

Of course the usage shall reduce as kids grow. My daughter fully train within before 24 months to not wear pampers on day time. Then by 3 years old, night time no longer wear as well.
starianz
post May 18 2020, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Yveatel @ May 18 2020, 07:01 PM)
Traditional Chinese Medicine. Eu Yan Sang is like selling the herbs etc. Some TCM Shops have some TCM Practioner (Dr) which you can get advice from. Anyway, if you are talking about confinement herbs etc, then normal TCM shops can assist.
Not sure on the effect, but for me is cost. During the first 12 months spend a lot on pampers. So,  alternate between pampers, reusable and lampin.
Of course the usage shall reduce as kids grow. My daughter fully train within before 24 months to not wear pampers on day time. Then by 3 years old, night time no longer wear as well.
Thanks for clarifying! biggrin.gif
farscope
post May 20 2020, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,315 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 18 2020, 03:01 PM)
its ok as long as you are using good ones

nowadays diapers are of very good quality compare to older days, and cheaper too. that's why our parents have the perception of costly to wear diapers and asked us to use napkins instead. but after i share with her the cost, my mum say might as well use diapers.

thank god my boy has no preference when it comes to diapers. i used from the cheapest to the more expensive ones without issue.

but one thing i find, the cheaper ones need to change often, hence the all in cost will be the same if you just use a good diaper

now i m using mamypoko air fit, it gets pricier from M size and above. from NB 0.50+/piece up to 0.70+/piece for M size. i usually bought during online sales, discount a lot and stock up, but dont over stock the same size. i bought too much S size only to realise my baby dont use as much as NB.

i find drypers very thick and doesn't contain much pee, both drypers wee wee dry and drypers touch.
huggies platinum and merries are good oso.

those more premium one like offspring etc, never bother to use.
centrica
post May 26 2020, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(panda-man @ Feb 2 2016, 03:59 PM)
hallo. father of a 18 month boy checkin in.
congrats bro. level up!  thumbup.gif

----
now... what is there to discuss? i guess one worry i have now is speaking. so far my son is 18 months. but still cant really talk properly. he can make tons+tons of animal noises though. which is freakin hilarious... but for words just single syllable words. baba mama dada nana etc. cant seem to sound out two sounds like bana or maba or that type of thing. people say boys speak late. but its still a worry.  sweat.gif

when did your kids start stringing sounds together
which animal noise that your son can do ? biggrin.gif

mine still young, not yet able to talk
alternativehype
post May 26 2020, 10:26 PM

Enthusiast
953 posts

QUOTE(centrica @ May 26 2020, 06:10 PM)
which animal noise that your son can do ?  biggrin.gif

mine still young, not yet able to talk
You realise you're asking someone who made his post in 2016?
coolhunter88
post May 27 2020, 10:01 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ May 26 2020, 10:26 PM)
Aww.. that's a shock..
Anyway, hope everything is fine for him & his child.
Btw, when can a baby really learn to speak properly biggrin.gif
tekkaus
post May 29 2020, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(coolhunter88 @ May 27 2020, 10:01 AM)
Aww.. that's a shock..
Anyway, hope everything is fine for him & his child.
Btw, when can a baby really learn to speak properly  biggrin.gif
He moment he is born, he is learning to speak properly but the words he utters will not be the same as ours.

But still we are supposed to talk to the baby like how we would with other children or adults.

Usually around the 9th of 10th month, some babies can begin to start talking. One word or 2.
centrica
post Jun 3 2020, 10:54 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(alternativehype @ May 26 2020, 11:26 PM)
i actually know biggrin.gif but i think as a father, the memory stays

This post has been edited by centrica: Jun 3 2020, 10:56 PM
centrica
post Jun 3 2020, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

QUOTE(tekkaus @ May 29 2020, 11:23 AM)
He moment he is born, he is learning to speak properly but the words he utters will not be the same as ours.

But still we are supposed to talk to the baby like how we would with other children or adults.

Usually around the 9th of 10th month, some babies can begin to start talking. One word or 2.
mine still cant speak but sort of like mumbling, not clear what he says

but he's saying something with a sound rclxm9.gif

56 Pages « < 53 54 55 56 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0237sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th July 2020 - 01:20 AM