Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Folding Bicycles v5 - Not only Folding Bikes, Folding bicycle discussion

views

etigge
post Aug 17 2017, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(michealelsie @ Aug 17 2017, 03:49 PM)
wow,  thanks for the sharing of information, so much more to learn. I'm OK to get a 16" for a better riding experience for long distance,  as what you said something have to sacrifice smile.gif

I will try search around cheras area for bicycle shop that has wide variety,  or do you have any shop can recommend?
Cheras area , easy lorr. Kimbell Jaya near Cheras Perdana is a good place where you can see many choices. rclxms.gif
michealelsie
post Aug 17 2017, 05:56 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(etigge @ Aug 17 2017, 05:29 PM)
Cheras area , easy lorr. Kimbell Jaya near Cheras Perdana is a good place where you can see many choices.  rclxms.gif
WOW, NICE~ CP near my area smile.gif thank you so much biggrin.gif
KenC
post Aug 17 2017, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Aiya, 5km one way is kacang. Some more broke down into 2km every time. que for ticket takes longer time.
michealelsie
post Aug 17 2017, 06:32 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Sugar Mum @ Aug 17 2017, 06:14 PM)
Meet beautiful rich women that can change your life biggrin.gif
This one even harder than sell butt 😂
KenC
post Aug 17 2017, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(small_fish18 @ Aug 17 2017, 04:15 PM)
Hltave u check the distance yet? i used to commute daily with lrt and i was using a Dahon eezz D3. 3 speeds and i enlarge my chainring to 42T (that's the maximum). 5km from lrt to home and 3 km from lrt to office. If i ride straight that will be 25-30km depends which route i take.

Will be better if you have your budget in mind. To be honest i think the eezz D3 is the perfect balance on price/size/practical to commute.
-Less than 3K,
-fold almost same size as brompton,
-can be roll along easily (Not as easy as brompton),
-9KG (mine was lighter, change to carbon handlebar,carbon seatpost, and lighter crankset) Around 9kg with all accessories,
-3 Speeds and not to forget the super fast unfold process.

Enough for most of the hills. I even climb Datuk Bandar hiil and genting sempah with this bike before. slowly but surely.

After half a year i commute with lrt, i ride straight to office instead because that took lesser time. Sweat more but it's my own office so i shower inside, problem solved, and then i let it go as i don need a folding bike anymore. Mainly commute with my RB now.

If you dont mind to fork out 3K for a bicycle, go for Dahon eezz D3. Strongly recommend for commuting.
Good on you fish, sound like you already built up your fitness and an official bicycle junkie tongue.gif
I now ride cycle to lunch. Very enjoyable.

michealelsie
post Aug 17 2017, 07:35 PM

On my way
500 posts

I just back home. I noticed that MRT quite crowded at that time due to off working hour. Fortunately, it is still possible to squeeze in a folded bike.

Anyway, I'm very happy commute to work which I haven't experience before.
desastar
post Aug 17 2017, 09:17 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(KenC @ Aug 15 2017, 10:43 PM)
But if after 1 ride and found cycling is stupid… cheap bike and expensive bike are all junk bike... Yes, this happens most of the time.
Throw away a 500buck bike, you loose 500
Sell away an expensive bike you loose 500 too + the hassle of selling…

From experience a more expensive bike is always nicer to ride, and from experience buying an expensive (second hand) bike, I have never lost money.
KenC
post Aug 17 2017, 11:53 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

I never sold any bike… even my childhood bike…

All were given away… even the expensive one…

This post has been edited by KenC: Aug 17 2017, 11:54 PM
KenC
post Aug 18 2017, 07:51 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(desastar @ Aug 17 2017, 09:17 PM)
From experience a more expensive bike is always nicer to ride, and from experience buying an expensive (second hand) bike, I have never lost money.
Fitted wrongly and setup wrongly, 50k bike is no different from a 150buck bike set up and fitted wrongly. I can vouch my ancestors' graves on this.
ahchun
post Aug 18 2017, 09:29 AM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

sorry guys/girls
i still got some noob questions

i saw from the web/taobao, most of fnhon handle bar height are not adjustable ? can i change it later on with adjustable one?

picture reference from taobao
user posted image
azamunekurone
post Aug 18 2017, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Aug 18 2017, 09:29 AM)
sorry guys/girls

i saw from the web/taobao, most of fnhon handle bar height are not adjustable ? can i change it later on with adjustable one?

user posted image
originally,
the non adjustable height handlepost are come in as stock parts fnhon frame/bike. and yes, u change it later rclxm9.gif

oh ya,
from my experience buying fnhon frame, u can order what height do u want even though they didnt offer adjustable height handlepost. like my zephyr, i oder 31.5cm while stock height are 35cm bundle with.i had my friend oder for 39cm..

the price for bundle package (frame+handlepost) much more cheaper than u buy it separately.i've compare the different is around rm100+ doh.gif

This post has been edited by azamunekurone: Aug 18 2017, 10:12 AM
ahchun
post Aug 18 2017, 11:51 AM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Aug 18 2017, 10:08 AM)
originally,
the non adjustable height handlepost are come in as stock parts fnhon frame/bike. and yes, u change it later rclxm9.gif

oh ya,
from my experience buying fnhon frame, u can order what height do u want even though they didnt offer adjustable height handlepost. like my zephyr, i oder 31.5cm while stock height are 35cm bundle with.i had my friend oder for 39cm..

the price for bundle package (frame+handlepost) much more cheaper than u buy it separately.i've compare the different is around rm100+ doh.gif
thanks for the reply
since i got not much experience building whole bike
i do plan to get whole readily build bike when i am there and bring it back.

still got time for me to do some research and ask you guys for more opinion

mizi28
post Aug 18 2017, 12:26 PM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Aug 18 2017, 09:29 AM)
sorry guys/girls

user posted image
Fixed height for rigidity

You can also use telescopic handlepost like dahons for flexibility but compensate rigidity a bit
small_fish18
post Aug 18 2017, 02:49 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(KenC @ Aug 17 2017, 06:41 PM)
Good on you fish, sound like you already built up your fitness and an official bicycle junkie tongue.gif
I now ride cycle to lunch. Very enjoyable.
I had been riding since 2010 but was on a single speed. Minimalistic is the trend ma that time.
Slowly move to variable gears throughout the years.

Now i'm learning the mechanic and fitter knowledge. Loooooong way to go.
azamunekurone
post Aug 18 2017, 05:05 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(ahchun @ Aug 18 2017, 11:51 AM)
thanks for the reply
since i got not much experience building whole bike
i do plan to get whole readily build bike when i am there and bring it back.

still got time for me to do some research and ask you guys for more opinion
if u got back pain, for 20inch wheel the best is to get around 35-39cm height depends on ur riding style

as for me, i cant go for lower than 29cm on my 20inch bike. the reason is i want to setup my bike accordingly same like my roadbike due to feel and riding position..my fnhon do have same position like my rb
ahchun
post Aug 19 2017, 08:37 AM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Aug 18 2017, 05:05 PM)
if u got back pain, for 20inch wheel the best is to get around 35-39cm height depends on ur riding style

as for me, i cant go for lower than 29cm on my 20inch bike. the reason is i want to setup my bike accordingly same like my roadbike due to feel and riding position..my fnhon do have same position like my rb
Thanks for the advise
Definitely will need 39cm if this is the case
KenC
post Aug 19 2017, 06:02 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

Seat post length is directly affecting your ride position. It is also affected by your saddle height… all are affected by your body shape and size, I.e. your height, your arm length your reach and you leg instead your leg length your tight length…
After that also has to decide in riding style, if you are podium contender or podium wannabe… your handle bar will be way lower than your saddle height…if you want a upright position, your handle bar will be way higher than your hand position…
Fuuu… you can't say what length you want until you put your butt on the saddle…
TSH2D
post Aug 20 2017, 11:43 AM

On my way
598 posts

hi foldies, pls continue discussion @ V6

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4391857

will close this V5 in a while...

thanks

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0241sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled