Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
125 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fundsupermart.com v11, Grexit or not, Europe will sail on...

views

kimyee73
post Aug 29 2015, 11:42 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

QUOTE(acromax @ Aug 29 2015, 10:37 AM)
When u pay with fpx, the money will directly transfer to Fundsupermart. It means even in holidays or weekends, Fundsupermart still will received your payment.
Not really. Depending on bank T&C, some will only transfer the money on next working day if FPX transaction happened during weekend. It may not be immediate transfer much like IBG vs IBFT.
kimyee73
post Aug 29 2015, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,007 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Aug 29 2015, 11:30 PM)
I checked my app.

All funds are in green. Not sure if the price will drop now since oil price has gone up. Hoping you didn't miss the chance man.
No worry. I'm following my system and my system said don't top-up until proven that market is going up. I'm trying to catch the trend rather than timing the top/bottom. At the same time I'm also wary about S&P monthly chart indicators and it is bad. Unless the indicator reverse, we could see a big one within the next 6 months. It could be a 2007 event or just a 2011 event. I hope it is the latter.
Kaka23
post Aug 30 2015, 12:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,251 posts

QUOTE(kimyee73 @ Aug 30 2015, 12:53 AM)
No worry. I'm following my system and my system said don't top-up until proven that market is going up. I'm trying to catch the trend rather than timing the top/bottom. At the same time I'm also wary about S&P monthly chart indicators and it is bad. Unless the indicator reverse, we could see a big one within the next 6 months. It could be a 2007 event or just a 2011 event. I hope it is the latter.
You also have your own version of crystal ball yeah! thumbup.gif
T231H
post Aug 30 2015, 12:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,143 posts

China scraps loan-to-deposit ratio cap
•29 Aug 2015
BEIJING — China on Saturday scrapped a two-decade limit on the percentage of funds banks can lend out relative to deposits, state media reported.
China's commercial banking law has since its enactment in 1975 stipulated that no more than 75% of a bank's deposits could be offered as loans, the official Xinhua news agency said.

But the standing committee of China's National People's Congress (NPC) amended the law to remove the 75% loan-to-deposit cap, Xinhua reported, with the change coming into force on Oct 1.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/world/...posit-ratio-cap

hmm.gif scrapped a 30 years ruling......
this coming Monday...SSE up liao?? thumbup.gif rclxms.gif

if it did not move...then doh.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
EightPhantomz
post Aug 30 2015, 01:10 AM

Regular
1,766 posts

QUOTE(kkk8787 @ Aug 29 2015, 10:25 PM)
Mahadey got effect on share market kah..
Lol I normally topup once a month. Since theres promotion and got extra cash, so I topup again. In a way, seeing Madey at Bersih made me break my rule abit. Theresno technicality in my action. No crystal ball or whatever.
wil-i-am
post Aug 30 2015, 07:37 AM

10k Club
10,001 posts

QUOTE(kkk8787 @ Aug 29 2015, 10:25 PM)
Mahadey got effect on share market kah..
Ini kalilah brows.gif

QUOTE(Kaka23 @ Aug 29 2015, 11:18 PM)
He wear Bersih 4 t shirt?
Nope
adamdacutie
post Aug 30 2015, 08:41 AM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 29 2015, 06:41 PM)
sure ah?  hmm.gif
U can call d tollfree on sat but before 12pm ... n proceed .. did it for 2successive years ... BTW am nvr their agent jus share somethg offtopic ... sorry pinky

QUOTE(wil-i-am @ Aug 29 2015, 05:14 PM)
I tot Etika accept online transaction ony?
Online can also but u'll not be able to use AMEX card ... if u call u get to use one n hence the extra points and rebates

This post has been edited by adamdacutie: Aug 30 2015, 08:47 AM
acromax
post Aug 30 2015, 08:47 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(kimyee73 @ Aug 29 2015, 11:42 PM)
Not really. Depending on bank T&C, some will only transfer the money on next working day if FPX transaction happened during weekend. It may not be immediate transfer much like IBG vs IBFT.
I see, thank for your info. But as long as u pay with fpx and the transaction is successful with the payment date before 1 sep 3pm, Fundsupermart still will give you 0.57% promotion, right? This is what fsm stuff told me when I called them on this Friday.
adamdacutie
post Aug 30 2015, 08:49 AM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(acromax @ Aug 30 2015, 07:17 AM)
I see, thank for your info. But as long as u pay with fpx and the transaction is successful with the payment date before 1 sep 3pm, Fundsupermart still will give you 0.57% promotion, right? This is what fsm stuff told me when I called them on this Friday.
U re obviously right , clearly stated on the website
acromax
post Aug 30 2015, 09:21 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(adamdacutie @ Aug 30 2015, 08:49 AM)
U re obviously right , clearly stated on the website
Thanks! Was worried I tell the wrong info.
Kaka23
post Aug 30 2015, 09:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,251 posts

QUOTE(adamdacutie @ Aug 30 2015, 09:41 AM)
U can call d tollfree on sat but before 12pm ... n proceed .. did it for 2successive years ... BTW am nvr their agent jus share somethg offtopic ... sorry pinky
Online can also but u'll not be able to use AMEX card ... if u call u get to use one n hence the extra points and rebates
Etika will email the insurance cover note to u?

Roadtax u go to myeg buat?

highcourt
post Aug 30 2015, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

1) If we invest in funds via fundsupermart, are we also increasing our risk because now we have to deal with the possibility of both fundsupermart and the funds we invest in going bust or mismanagement/default etc?

2) How are you so sure fundsupermart actually invest your funds? If you buy stocks yourself, they are recorded in CDS account. If you invest in funds via fundsupermart, do you get statements from the fund or from fundsupermart? hard copies or soft copies?

adamdacutie
post Aug 30 2015, 10:01 AM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(Kaka23 @ Aug 30 2015, 08:04 AM)
Etika will email the insurance cover note to u? 

Roadtax u go to myeg buat?
Yup or simply pay the amount at the nearest post office after mere 4hrs from application of insurance and get the sticker on the spot .. etika will send the cover note to ur email .
SUSyklooi
post Aug 30 2015, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,188 posts

QUOTE(highcourt @ Aug 30 2015, 09:59 AM)
1) If we invest in funds via fundsupermart, are we also increasing our risk because now we have to deal with the possibility of both fundsupermart and the funds we invest in going bust or mismanagement/default etc?

2) How are you so sure fundsupermart actually invest your funds? If you buy stocks yourself, they are recorded in CDS account. If you invest in funds via fundsupermart, do you get statements from the fund or from fundsupermart? hard copies or soft copies?
hmm.gif Yes,...there is an increase...(eventhough there "may not" be any material lost in the end but the hazzle and worry are just there)
hmm.gif but at what rate of increase and at what possibilities?
hmm.gif is this rate or chances of happening higher than me being knock down on the road or the birds spew some waste on me while crossing the roads?

so are many other things in life...
example,
http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-06/21/c...nt_20308444.htm

but that does not stop me from using it...

notworthy.gif Thanks for highlighting it ...

btw,..hard or soft copies can also be "faked". doh.gif
on the extreme possibilities..
CDS records can also be faked...the real one are "mortgaged" only on paper balance are sent to you...if the records of the famous case of immigration record missing of a certain Mongolian and the OFF mode of large sum transaction warning light by central bank....can happens.....what is the possibility of thing not happening.....in the land of all possibilities... thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by yklooi: Aug 30 2015, 10:53 AM
wongmunkeong
post Aug 30 2015, 11:42 AM

Barista FIRE
Group Icon
Elite
5,572 posts

QUOTE(yklooi @ Aug 30 2015, 10:44 AM)
hmm.gif Yes,...there is an increase...(eventhough there "may not" be any material lost in the end but the hazzle and worry are just there)
hmm.gif  but at what rate of increase and at what possibilities?
hmm.gif is this rate or chances of happening higher than me being knock down on the road or the birds spew some waste on me while crossing the roads?

so are many other things in life...
example,
http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-06/21/c...nt_20308444.htm

but that does not stop me from using it...

notworthy.gif Thanks for highlighting it ...

btw,..hard or soft copies can also be "faked". doh.gif
on the extreme possibilities..
CDS records can also be faked...the real one are "mortgaged" only on paper balance are sent to you...if the records of the famous case of immigration record missing of a certain Mongolian and the OFF mode of large sum transaction warning light by central bank....can happens.....what is the possibility of thing not happening.....in the land of all possibilities...  thumbup.gif
FD is the best choice for that kind of fellow lor..
even then, how sure are U that i can get back my $2M in FD.. when insurance is only $250K per person per bank...
AND how sure are U that the insurance can pay up?
doh.gif
wodenus
post Aug 30 2015, 11:57 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(wongmunkeong @ Aug 30 2015, 11:42 AM)
even then, how sure are U that i can get back my $2M in FD.. when insurance is only $250K per person per bank...

Eight banks.. 250K each?

http://www.pidm.gov.my/For-Public/About-De...ce/Member-Banks

Sovereign risk is usually the lowest risk you can take.

adamdacutie
post Aug 30 2015, 12:00 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(wongmunkeong @ Aug 30 2015, 10:12 AM)
FD is the best choice for that kind of fellow lor..
doh.gif
Buy jongkong emas la and melt them to make lantai rumah
prince_mk
post Aug 30 2015, 12:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,679 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 28 2015, 08:47 PM)
Ponzi 1.0 ---> Affin Hwang Select Asia (Ex Japan) Quantum Fund

Ponzi 2.0 ---> CIMB-Principal Asia Pacific Dynamic Income Fund

Evergreen Fund ---> Kenanga Growth Fund

Aladdin Fund ---> Aberdeen Islamic World Equity Fund
tks. icon_rolleyes.gif
OvenBaked
post Aug 30 2015, 12:23 PM

Hurricane
726 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 28 2015, 08:47 PM)
Ponzi 1.0 ---> Affin Hwang Select Asia (Ex Japan) Quantum Fund

Ponzi 2.0 ---> CIMB-Principal Asia Pacific Dynamic Income Fund

Evergreen Fund ---> Kenanga Growth Fund

Aladdin Fund ---> Aberdeen Islamic World Equity Fund
Tq nod.gif
highcourt
post Aug 30 2015, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

To small investors, I guess it does not really matter because the risk of default is something they can swallow because the sum is small but for serious investor, why add the extra layer of risk. Look at how the bonds are priced according to risk. Every extra risk no matter how minuscule should be priced in. If you invest directly in Maybank via CDS, your risk is limited to Maybank credit risk. If you hold it via nominees account of a broker, you have added broker default risk. If you invest in funds who who Maybank, you add in the fund operator's default risk. If you hold it via a fund super market to hold funds who invest in maybank, you have added another level of risk. In bonds, the more risk you add, the higher is your yield as a form of compensation to you. I guees the compensation by investing through fudsupermart is the supposedly lower comm.

125 Pages « < 90 91 92 93 94 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0263sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:21 AM