Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Unifi IPTV Box - Huawei EC6108V8, Need some help on configuration and tips

views

lim47
post Jan 26 2017, 03:42 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Jan 26 2017, 02:33 PM)
HyppTV locked? Got screenshot of the error/lock message?
no lock everything can open but just no response ,
play store white screen, browser , loading bar line only, others UKtvnow nothing show, confused.gif
Keatsan
post Jan 26 2017, 03:46 PM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,125 posts

QUOTE(lim47 @ Jan 26 2017, 03:42 PM)
no lock everything can open but just no response ,
play store white screen, browser , loading bar line only, others UKtvnow nothing show, confused.gif
Sounds pretty serious. I would try reset again, or call TM for a new box replacement.
johnny_kiu2003
post Feb 1 2017, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

unable to install apps after new update.
what is the latest code?
TM refuse to give d code
Hutchy
post Feb 1 2017, 08:51 PM

35 posts

Hello everyone, i have the new hypptv android box EC6108V8 and i am trying to install apps from google playstore, problem is i don't have the playstore app on the home page or anywhere else, i used to have the playstore app when i first got my unifi connection and i was trying to connect to my google account and was not successful and after multiple attempts i got fed up and switched off my hypptv and switched it back on only two days back to retry but now to my surprise i don't see the playstore app, any idea what happened here, did TM release a new firmware that has removed my playstore, any help will be much appreciated.
fruitie
post Feb 1 2017, 09:04 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(Hutchy @ Feb 1 2017, 08:51 PM)
Hello everyone, i have the new hypptv android box EC6108V8 and i am trying to install apps from google playstore, problem is i don't have the playstore app on the home page or anywhere else, i used to have the playstore app when i first got my unifi connection and i was trying to connect to my google account and was not successful and after multiple attempts i got fed up and switched off my hypptv and switched it back on only two days back to retry but now to my surprise i don't see the playstore app, any idea what happened here, did TM release a new firmware that has removed my playstore, any help will be much appreciated.
The latest update removes Google Play Store. Well, if you want to install apps, just download ES File Explorer. Try to search for it using browser and download it. Install from Download folder. With File Explorer, you don't need Play Store anymore. Anyway, I only used once Play Store to install ES File Explorer and after that all my apps are sideloaded.
voncrane
post Feb 1 2017, 10:14 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 1 2017, 09:04 PM)
The latest update removes Google Play Store. Well, if you want to install apps, just download ES File Explorer. Try to search for it using browser and download it. Install from Download folder. With File Explorer, you don't need Play Store anymore. Anyway, I only used once Play Store to install ES File Explorer and after that all my apps are sideloaded.
Finally taken delivery of this famous box.. biggrin.gif Surprisingly, mine hasn't received any such updates.. Perhaps it's being rolled out in stages... Oh well, not that important.
fruitie
post Feb 1 2017, 10:35 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 1 2017, 10:14 PM)
Finally taken delivery of this famous box.. biggrin.gif  Surprisingly, mine hasn't received any such updates.. Perhaps it's being rolled out in stages... Oh well, not that important.
I will check out mine when I go to my sister's house this Sunday, hopefully everything is still intact. I recalled that I have removed the auto update link. Hopefully that works. laugh.gif
I guess too many of so-called chargeable "jailbreak" ads on FB that triggered this move. sweat.gif
voncrane
post Feb 1 2017, 11:08 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 1 2017, 10:35 PM)
I will check out mine when I go to my sister's house this Sunday, hopefully everything is still intact. I recalled that I have removed the auto update link. Hopefully that works. laugh.gif
I guess too many of so-called chargeable "jailbreak" ads on FB that triggered this move. sweat.gif
I didn't remove its OTA updates link... Simply made a backup of relevant info, in case of a restore in the future.

Probably what triggered it and if I may add, people messing with the box and not knowing how to quietly recover from it. Then call TM to come fix, that its broken... So yeah, from an efficiency point of view, makes sense for TM to lock it down even more. Was surprised they didn't do so in the first place. Who knows, the next STB hardware may run a proprietary OS.
fruitie
post Feb 1 2017, 11:13 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 1 2017, 11:08 PM)
I didn't remove its OTA updates link... Simply made a backup of relevant info, in case of a restore in the future.

Probably what triggered it and if I may add, people messing with the box and not knowing how to quietly recover from it. Then call TM to come fix, that its broken... So yeah, from an efficiency point of view, makes sense for TM to lock it down even more. Was surprised they didn't do so in the first place. Who knows, the next STB hardware may run a proprietary OS.
laugh.gif Each visit that is caused by user's problem, TM can charge RM 53 with GST inclusive. tongue.gif

So sad la. This box is really a good starter whoever wants to start venturing into Android boxes or just wants a basic box. sad.gif
gwong
post Feb 2 2017, 02:15 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Feb 1 2017, 10:14 PM)
Finally taken delivery of this famous box.. biggrin.gif  Surprisingly, mine hasn't received any such updates.. Perhaps it's being rolled out in stages... Oh well, not that important.
Hmmmm...I dont think mine received such update as well...but agree that it's not really that important smile.gif
keewah
post Feb 2 2017, 02:19 PM

Casual
407 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 1 2017, 09:04 PM)
already 6 months i never turn on this box ... only last week, on CNY eve,i try to turn on the box and notice it require me to do the update.

i try to cancel the update , but without the update the HyypTV app will not run

is there a way to stop the update ?
joshhd
post Feb 2 2017, 02:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,959 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 1 2017, 11:13 PM)
laugh.gif Each visit that is caused by user's problem, TM can charge RM 53 with GST inclusive. tongue.gif

So sad la. This box is really a good starter whoever wants to start venturing into Android boxes or just wants a basic box. sad.gif
Oh really? Haha... This RM53 charge seems to apply the same as Astro's. Any technical issues, each time they assign technician to visit your premises, charge RM53. However if your Astro subscription is above RM100 a month, there will be no charges.
fruitie
post Feb 2 2017, 02:41 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(keewah @ Feb 2 2017, 02:19 PM)
already 6 months i never turn on this box ... only last week, on CNY eve,i try to turn on the box and notice it require me to do the update.

i try to cancel the update , but without the update the HyypTV app will not run

is there a way to stop the update ?
Oh, I don't use HyppTV, just use it as pure Android box. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(joshhd @ Feb 2 2017, 02:27 PM)
Oh really? Haha... This RM53 charge seems to apply the same as Astro's. Any technical issues, each time they assign technician to visit your premises, charge RM53. However if your Astro subscription is above RM100 a month, there will be no charges.
Just started few months ago, TM started charging users if they go to your house to fix it and it's actually user's fault. tongue.gif
keewah
post Feb 2 2017, 03:10 PM

Casual
407 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 2 2017, 02:41 PM)
Oh, I don't use HyppTV, just use it as pure Android box. biggrin.gif
Just started few months ago, TM started charging users if they go to your house to fix it and it's actually user's fault. tongue.gif
haha , i see... but as long as you connected to the port4 (vlan 600) it will trigger auto update

oh !!
i know why...
your box does not trigger auto update cause it is not connect to their vlan600 network, i guess ?

yup, now days ifTM come onsite for support and the fault at user end, need to pay RM53 sad.gif
last time i report need to change my hyppTV box [silver color, 1st gen i think] they said come on site need to charge ... and now my dlink model D612 antenna broken , but still cant change cause still working properly cry.gif
fookyuan
post Feb 2 2017, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Anybody tried youtube kids on this device?
Seems like its not working nkw
fruitie
post Feb 2 2017, 03:13 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,996 posts

QUOTE(keewah @ Feb 2 2017, 03:10 PM)
haha , i see... but as long as you connected to the port4 (vlan 600) it will trigger auto update
oh !!
i know why...
your box does not trigger auto update cause it is not connect to their vlan600 network, i guess ?
yup, now days ifTM come onsite for support and the fault at user end, need to pay RM53 sad.gif
last time i report need to change my hyppTV box [silver color, 1st gen i think] they said come on site need to charge ... and now my dlink model D612 antenna broken , but still cant change cause still working properly  cry.gif
I supposed so. Never plug to any router, just use WiFi and I have removed the auto update link.
keewah
post Feb 2 2017, 03:28 PM

Casual
407 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 2 2017, 03:13 PM)
I supposed so. Never plug to any router, just use WiFi and I have removed the auto update link.
aiks .. no wonder ... guess too late for me now

already applied the update T_T
Ahmad Fikri Bin Mahmood
post Feb 2 2017, 03:35 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(keewah @ Feb 2 2017, 03:10 PM)
oh !!
i know why...
last time i report need to change my hyppTV box [silver color, 1st gen i think] they said come on site need to charge ... and now my dlink model D612 antenna broken , but still cant change cause still working properly  cry.gif
auto update?.... i have this box for over 1 year and never receive it. maybe because i use different router?

weird... confused.gif

properly also TM guy remove the autoupdate link during day of installation (possible since i cannot find the update link mention on previous post)

btw... anybody having same issue of iflix request username/password after update in playstore? dem sakit kepala already to make it work since before this working find without any issue

lim47
post Feb 2 2017, 03:37 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

QUOTE(Ahmad Fikri Bin Mahmood @ Feb 2 2017, 03:35 PM)
auto update?.... i have this box for over 1 year and never receive it. maybe because i use different router?

weird...  confused.gif

properly also TM guy remove the autoupdate link during day of installation (possible since i cannot find the update link mention on previous post)

btw... anybody having same issue of iflix request username/password after update in playstore? dem sakit kepala already to make it work since before this working find without any issue
yea, the auto update link is empty icon_idea.gif
anyone have it copy ? http://
Keatsan
post Feb 2 2017, 03:40 PM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,125 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ Jan 19 2017, 05:39 PM)
I am out of ideas already. Takkan wanna change TV cause frame rate low ma.  bangwall.gif
But I will keep complaining to TM on this, and will proceed to request rebate if the report is closed.

Edited
18 Jan - Increase Bandwidth - didn't resolved
19 Jan - Swap new EC6108V8 unit - didn't resolved
20 Jan - Swap new modem - pending and will monitor
Till today, TM still can't solve the HyppTV lagging issue. sad case.

177 Pages « < 76 77 78 79 80 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:16 PM