Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

142 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New Unifi IPTV Box - Huawei EC6108V8, Need some help on configuration and tips

khairtech
post May 31 2015, 04:14 PM, updated 2y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hello guys,

I just received Unifi new installation in my new apartment, but this time they giving new and small HyppTV Android Box IPTV set-top-box.
Been looking around on internet I can't find one firmware or any solution to fully utilize this Huawei EC6108V8 box, I want to try to get some apps to be install.
It only allow software from Playstore, btw looking forward to install good IPTV software in it.

Can anyone Sifu's here can suggest, I am trying to get an Android Box and subscribe to ASTR0x ccline later.
Not sure what software to be use to enter CCline/CCam server, username and password in case I subscribe one. Still new with this.

Thank you in advance guys. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by khairtech: May 31 2015, 04:33 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
khairtech
post Jun 1 2015, 10:30 AM

Getting Started

Update.
calvin
post Jun 1 2015, 03:05 PM

Tech Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(khairtech @ May 31 2015, 04:14 PM)
Hello guys,

I just received Unifi new installation in my new apartment, but this time they giving new and small HyppTV Android Box IPTV set-top-box.
Been looking around on internet I can't find one firmware or any solution to fully utilize this Huawei EC6108V8 box, I want to try to get some apps to be install.
It only allow software from Playstore, btw looking forward to install good IPTV software in it.

Can anyone Sifu's here can suggest, I am trying to get an Android Box and subscribe to ASTR0x ccline later.
Not sure what software to be use to enter CCline/CCam server, username and password in case I subscribe one. Still new with this.

Thank you in advance guys. notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
so this one they provided google playstore with it ? unsure.gif
khairtech
post Jun 1 2015, 04:25 PM

Getting Started

Yes it's with the Play Store, unfortunately unable to install any other 3rd party apps from other than Play Store. Now only can have IPTV app in it.
AVFAN
post Jun 1 2015, 06:34 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(khairtech @ Jun 1 2015, 04:25 PM)
Yes it's with the Play Store, unfortunately unable to install any other 3rd party apps from other than Play Store. Now only can have IPTV app in it.
I do not have this box, but the old fashioned hypptv box.
And other androids.
This android from unifi, don't expect much.
From what I read elsewhere, it is like pulling yr hair to get it to work.
Keep in mind it is a cheap android, probably blocked n locked in many ways.
Memory probably way too small.
I would think u need to hack it upside down to get a couple of miserable peanuts.
Don't waste yr time, go buy a real android... Durians and other marvelous fruits waiting for u. laugh.gif
kylecore
post Jun 25 2015, 05:17 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(khairtech @ Jun 1 2015, 04:25 PM)
also can install kodi smile.gif
alpayedo
post Jun 25 2015, 05:25 PM

Getting Started

Spec:
1. Chipset (Hi-Silicon) Hi3719C
2. CPU Speed 1.2 GHz, Dual-core 6000 DMIPS
3. RAM 1.0 GB
4. Flash Memory 4 GB
5. 2D/3D Graphic Engine
6. Android OS 4.4
7. H.264, AAC, MPEG2. TS, Divx, 1080p, 720p
8. HDCP, Macrovision

renz.corpuz
post Jun 28 2015, 02:34 PM

Anybody tried to play with it? Or install apk files?

KL_menJERIT
post Jun 30 2015, 03:24 PM

Getting Started

oh with Play Store. good job tm

Youtube apps already install?
tsiscoolest
post Jul 15 2015, 03:14 PM

Group: Newbie

The following is what I did, can work with any Android .APK files.

1. Download and install "ES File Explorer File Manager" from Google Play store.
2. Download and put .APK file into a Pendrive, or SD Card with PC.
3. Open "ES File Explorer File Manager", navigate to Pendrive's directory (SD Card/External drive).
4. Press "Enter" on the .APK to install.

I prefer install "ShaFa GuanJia" (沙发管家), it is a TV version of Google Play store, full of TV compatible apps.

P.S. Remember to enable "Install application from Unknown Source".

This post has been edited by tsiscoolest: Jul 15 2015, 03:17 PM
coolguy_mahen
post Jul 19 2015, 10:51 PM

Getting Started

I can't login into play store on this model. When signing in it says not provisioned for data..Any way around it?
RViN
post Jul 25 2015, 02:30 PM

There Is Only One United

QUOTE(coolguy_mahen @ Jul 19 2015, 10:51 PM)
I can't login into play store on this model. When signing in it says not provisioned for data..Any way around it?
You need to go to the settings and enable wifi first, it uses wifi for Internet.
tishaban
post Jul 26 2015, 07:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

I've been trying to play around with this new STB. Logging in to the play store works, but Astro on the Go for example is not compatible so can't be installed.

I installed MX Player since the built-in player screws up aspect ratios. It works but I cannot figure out how to load anything from a network drive or from the external USB. Browsing around with just the remote and a keyboard is also a pain.

Might poke around a bit more but this doesn't seem to worth the effort IMO, my Amazon Fire Stick and Rpi has more potential and much wider support.

pcphobic
post Jul 30 2015, 08:16 PM

Getting Started

Unifi HyppTV Huawei EC6108V8 IPTV Box technical specs

CPU: dual core CPU @1.2GHz SoC: bigfish (Cortex A9 - ARMv7)
GPU: ARM Mali-400 MP
OpenGL API: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mali-400 MP
Memory: 0.6 GB
Storage: 1.9 GB

Source: https://gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=g...&testgroup=info

user posted image

Just realised that Lan Port 4 on the default Unifi WiFi Router (Residential Gateway) is a VLan dedicated only for HyppTV IPTV channels.
When you try to plug in to other Lan Ports other than Lan Port 4, the HyppTV cannot work.
But when you plug back to Lan Port 4, HyppTV works but Internet cannot be accessed via the HyppTV Set Top Box (STB).

But thanks to my brother who was playing around with the settings in the HyppTV Set Top Box, we discovered that you can enable Wifi on it and use Wifi connection to surf the Internet from the HyppTV Set Top Box while still be able to watch HyppTV IPTV channels via the dedicated IPTV Lan Port 4.

So using the Wifi connection, I can go to the Google Play app and install apps like KODI.

How to connect Unifi HyppTV Set Top Box (White color Huawei EC6108V8) to wi-fi network for internet access

Just click on settings and under Wireless & Network, ensure that the checkbox to Enable WLAN has been ticked/enabled.

user posted image

HyppTV STB not able to sideload apk files - Update 1

After receiving firmware updates specifically for this Set Top Box, I can now sideload apk file of apps using a thumbdrive and ES File Explorer.

For those of you who have encountered the page cannot be displayed error message with an Error Code 108005, and also problems with not able to connect to the NTP server, below are my workaround solutions.

ErrorCode: 108005

user posted image

At the same time I also encountered the NTP Server error message too.

After trying the whole day, I managed to solve both problems.

How to solve the NTP Server error

user posted image

The solution is to set it to another NTP server by changing the IP Address of the default one to 128.199.84.169

How to solve the HyppTV IPTV connection problem ErrorCode: 108005

user posted image

After trying all sorts of things and by random chance, I managed to solve this issue by fiddling around with the Set Ethernet option.

What I did was I changed it from Static IP to DHCP and did a reboot. After that my HyppTV IPTV connection was re-established and I could watch my HyppTV Channels.

Solution to missing YouTube app after firmware update by TMnet

For those of you who lost the Youtube app on your HyppTV Set Top Box, I managed to find a solution on how to get YouTube back.
You will need to install Kodi or SPMC (I prefer SPMC) first. Then after that install the YouTube Kodi Add-on

How to install YouTube addon on Kodi
https://youtu.be/-ARBt2G7XWo

Watching YouTube via SPMC app with YouTube Kodi Add-on
https://youtu.be/w-U8aLJ_JOg

Watching Asian TV Dramas via KODI/SPMC app on HyppTV Android STB

As you can see in this video (youtube link below) there are two ways of watching Asian TV dramas on KODI/SPMC app.

https://youtu.be/rWY0Z07qrGQ

Method 1: RSS Media Source
More info - http://www.androidrepublica.com/2017/01/me...unakan-rss.htmlhttp://www.androidrepublica.com/2017/01/menonton-asian-movie-menggunakan-rss.html

Method 2: ICDrama Video Addon
More info - https://youtu.be/Zc_mSUqZs4U

This post has been edited by pcphobic: Mar 3 2017, 07:24 PM
coolguy_mahen
post Aug 1 2015, 11:01 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(RViN @ Jul 25 2015, 02:30 PM)
You need to go to the settings and enable wifi first, it uses wifi for Internet.
is this the case? because i thought i have connected it to my wifi network and it still gave that message..

Im using the new, white coloured box...
loli
post Aug 2 2015, 11:14 PM

Hi.. Ive installes UCbrowser on the STB using google play store. And i can install plenty of other apps thru UCbrowser(download their .apk files. Most of them seem to work. Might need to connect a mouse and keyboard to the STB to navigate though.. Using the remote is pain in the ass

mopeng
post Aug 10 2015, 07:30 PM

QUOTE(loli @ Aug 2 2015, 11:14 PM)
Hi.. Ive installes UCbrowser on the STB using google play store. And i can install plenty of other apps thru UCbrowser(download their .apk files. Most of them seem to work. Might need to connect a mouse and keyboard to the STB to navigate though.. Using the remote is pain in the ass
Hi loli,

How you download from Playstore? Because I have tried connect to the WIFI and still the play store give error saying "no connection"? Pls advise!
loli
post Aug 10 2015, 11:22 PM

QUOTE(mopeng @ Aug 10 2015, 07:30 PM)
Hi loli,

How you download from Playstore? Because I have tried connect to the WIFI and still the play store give error saying "no connection"? Pls advise!
Hi Mopeng
U already connected to WiFi?, you can use the browser to check whether u have internet connection. Else, you may go to settings and connect to WiFi.

You also need to connect to your Google acct. To download stuff.

Let me know if this helps smile.gif
mopeng
post Aug 13 2015, 08:46 PM

QUOTE(loli @ Aug 10 2015, 11:22 PM)
Hi Mopeng
U already connected to WiFi?, you can use the browser to check whether u have internet connection. Else, you may go to settings and connect to WiFi.

You also need to connect to your Google acct. To download stuff.

Let me know if this helps smile.gif
Hi loli,

I managed to connect to WIFI and connected to my Google acc. But the Google Play still give no connection error. I tried use its browser to download apk but it gave error that "the browser does not support download" sad.gif
koba76
post Aug 14 2015, 01:07 AM

Casual

no problem install apk file...i installed skyhd and cloud hd but cannot play...connection failed...anyone here can solve this problem

142 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0794sec    2.77    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 05:52 AM