Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What to do in an accident in Malaysia, Everything about m/vehicle insurance

views

uneternity
post Nov 30 2017, 03:23 AM

0 posts

Hi,
Need some advise.
Wife Parked my car beside playground in a Taman and left to visit friends. Motorcycle bang my car at the back. Witness told us she lose control, She only on L license, i suspect no license, bike without any L sticker etc. Her uncle say dont make report they will compensate. She suffered cut on her chin and broken wrist.

To be safe i file police report of the accident. The sergeant dint summon me just ask.me to.buy report and inform insurance co of the accident, and told me her experience usually this kind of case the injured will claim my insurance.

1. I.must inform my insurance co even i have no intention to make a claim? As the damaged not too serious and the agent told me claim estimate time up to 30 to 45 days, cant wait that long as i really need to.use my car.

2. Since windscreen and car insurance seperate can i claim for windscreen 1st so i can drive at the moment and decide later whether i want to claim for the body repair after?

3. The sergeant called the injured parent, but they dint file a report even after meeting the sergeant. If they dint file any report can the injured still file a report after? to make a claim on my car insurance? Is there a time frame for how long the report must be make so they can sue or make a claim on my car insurance?

4. If the injured do file report later and make claim do i need to attend court?

Sorry for so many questions.

Best regards
Ron

TSloui
post Nov 30 2017, 09:23 AM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(uneternity @ Nov 30 2017, 03:23 AM)
Hi,
Need some advise.
Wife Parked my car beside playground in a Taman and left to visit friends. Motorcycle bang my car at the back.  Witness told us she lose control, She only on L license, i suspect no license,  bike without any L sticker etc. Her uncle say dont make report they will compensate. She suffered cut on her chin and broken wrist.

To be safe i file police report of the accident. The sergeant dint summon me just ask.me to.buy report and inform insurance co of the accident, and told me her experience usually this kind of case the injured will claim my insurance.

1. I.must inform my insurance co even i have no intention to make a claim? As the damaged not too serious and the agent told me claim estimate time up to 30 to 45 days, cant wait that long as i really need to.use my car.

2. Since windscreen and car insurance seperate can i claim for windscreen 1st so i can drive at the moment and decide later whether i want to claim for the body repair after?

3. The sergeant called the injured parent, but they dint file a report even after meeting the sergeant. If they dint file any report can the injured still file a report after? to make a claim on my car insurance? Is there a time frame for how long the report must be make so they can sue or make a claim on my car insurance?

4. If the injured do file report later and make claim do i need to attend court?
Sorry for so many questions.

Best regards
Ron
1. Advisable to do so. the main issue here is the injured motorcyclist might want to claim. Hence letting your insurance know in advance that there might be a claim to enable them to be prepared.

2. Yes, you can claim windscreen first & subsequently decide whether to do OD claim

3. Injured party can file claim within 6 years. Usually police & judge are more lenient with the injured party. Injured party usually file report much later by citing that they are not physically fit to lodge police report

4. Depends. If both your's and injured party police reports describe different scenarios, you might need to attend court to prove your version is the correct one. Hence if you have any witness, quote them in your police report or get them to lodge separate police report to strengthen your case

add on : When talk to Sargent in charge, please be careful and if possible, jot down the conversation. They have a small note which they will put the conversation in writing. Those note will be use against you in front of judge

This post has been edited by loui: Nov 30 2017, 09:25 AM
mingfei2u
post Nov 30 2017, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

Hi all, I do provide car insurance renewal or new issuance service!!!

Can get discount from 5% for 1st party insurance

3rd party no need compulsory PA.

Free Quotation and Reply within 24hours

If any of u need my service, can pm or whatsapp me

Call/ Whatsapp 014-9443464 Chris

Thank you so much

(No restriction of area, cover within Msia)
uneternity
post Nov 30 2017, 10:44 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Nov 30 2017, 09:23 AM)
1. Advisable to do so. the main issue here is the injured motorcyclist might want to claim. Hence letting your insurance know in advance that there might be a claim to enable them to be prepared.

2. Yes, you can claim windscreen first & subsequently decide whether to do OD claim

3. Injured party can file claim within 6 years. Usually police & judge are more lenient with the injured party. Injured party usually file report much later by citing that they are not physically fit to lodge police report

4. Depends. If both your's and injured party police reports describe different scenarios, you might need to attend court to prove your version is the correct one. Hence if you have any witness, quote them in your police report or get them to lodge separate police report to strengthen your case

add on : When talk to Sargent in charge, please be careful and if possible, jot down the conversation. They have a small note which they will put the conversation in writing. Those note will be use against you in front of judge
Thank you very much
appreciate your advise and information

Mollai
post Dec 1 2017, 08:58 AM

Casual
480 posts

dear all, may I ask if my car crashed into a roundabout and hit the lamp post, car total loss (according to the towman), is police report required to do claims?
TSloui
post Dec 1 2017, 10:46 AM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(Mollai @ Dec 1 2017, 08:58 AM)
dear all, may I ask if my car crashed into a roundabout and hit the lamp post, car total loss (according to the towman), is police report required to do claims?
Yes
Quazacolt
post Dec 11 2017, 12:07 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Apr 10 2015, 04:49 PM)
Q : How much can I get for my injury
A : In injury claim, 2 things determine the claim amount. The type of injury itself and liability. You can download the compendium for personal awards here.
update of link:
https://www.klbar.org.my/download/compendiu...-at-26-10-2010/
M & D
post Dec 11 2017, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Dec 1 2017, 10:46 AM)
Yes
and will kena saman too if I'm not wrong, i friend got similar case... sad.gif
julee11
post Dec 23 2017, 10:24 AM

0 posts

May I ask if this applies to a Singapore registered car as well? Sorry I don't drive but asking just for info.
blabla987
post Dec 23 2017, 10:29 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

parking
TSloui
post Dec 26 2017, 08:54 AM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(julee11 @ Dec 23 2017, 10:24 AM)
May I ask if this applies to a Singapore registered car as well? Sorry I don't drive but asking just for info.
yes

both malaysia & singapore have agreement to recognise each other insurance policy coverage

thou a bit different when it comes to m/cycle policy

High-Speed
post Dec 27 2017, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

guys, i want to ask, usually how long does it takes to get the insurance claim approval which allow workshop to repair?
TSloui
post Dec 27 2017, 02:04 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(High-Speed @ Dec 27 2017, 12:25 PM)
guys, i want to ask, usually how long does it takes to get the insurance claim approval which allow workshop to repair?
no clear guideline

some insurance company is notoriously slow in approving the claim

the best you can do is keep on calling, at least once a week, to follow up the progress
MeToo
post Dec 27 2017, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Dec 27 2017, 02:04 PM)
no clear guideline

the best you can do is keep on calling, at least once a week, to follow up the progress
+1

Get those decent company like AiG/Allianz then u wont have an issue...
High-Speed
post Dec 27 2017, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 27 2017, 02:43 PM)
+1

Get those decent company like AiG/Allianz then u wont have an issue...
i see, how about zurich (recommeded by Honda)? my car is required bumper and finder change only. hope it won't takes long time..just submit today and wait for approval cry.gif

Attached Image
High-Speed
post Dec 27 2017, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Dec 27 2017, 02:04 PM)
no clear guideline

thanks for the advise buddy, should i call zurich or honda BP? becos honda BP is working on the submission.
MeToo
post Dec 27 2017, 04:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(High-Speed @ Dec 27 2017, 04:25 PM)
thanks for the advise buddy, should i call zurich or honda BP? becos honda BP is working on the submission.
Change bumper how much?

Cause it might cost less then losing yoru NCD...
TSloui
post Dec 27 2017, 05:31 PM

On my way
686 posts

QUOTE(High-Speed @ Dec 27 2017, 04:25 PM)
Zurich

Honda BP is just the middleman

eventually claim staff in Zurich is the one who decide on the compensation

Call up and ask who in charge of the file

Usually they will assign one officer to handle it

High-Speed
post Dec 28 2017, 07:37 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(MeToo @ Dec 27 2017, 04:34 PM)
Change bumper how much?

Cause it might cost less then losing yoru NCD...
hi.. i think more than rm5,000 on the bumper and fender..NCD is just 25% from 3k...
High-Speed
post Dec 28 2017, 07:38 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(loui @ Dec 27 2017, 05:31 PM)
Zurich

Honda BP is just the middleman

eventually claim staff in Zurich is the one who decide on the compensation

Call up and ask who in charge of the file

Usually they will assign one officer to handle it
i see, should i chase the BP or getting the contact of Zurich pic from BP?
Meaning Zurich can decide to reject my claim, right?

37 Pages « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:00 PM