Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:49 PM, updated 4y ago

Enthusiast
763 posts

My Same Day Edit Video + Our Love Story

To know more about all my wedding vendors - please refer here to the links below

I am extremely pleased with each of the vendors that I've hired and all of them did a good job. Will definitely recommend them to everyone who is getting married.

I've completed my thread on a guide to a budget condo earlier here Guide to a budget condo and hence the next one is the guide to a budget wedding.

We have spent much in buying the place and doing up etc. So how? When you don't have much left for the wedding and both of you wished to get married?
Many would advise and said, go save up. Of course, that's part of the requirements but things are getting so expensive with GST implementation, still there's a need to have a budget wedding because no matter how you save, things are going up every year. If you're lucky then your parents will fork out everything for your or at least 30-50% of the cost for wedding. We both earn a decent living however, however there are reasons that we wanted a budget wedding because of current family commitments, house commitments etc. Plus the money could be spent wisely elsewhere.

Having a budget wedding, possible? My answer to you is YES. It's all depending on the girl and also your family and in-laws. If you want a grand one, then a grand one it is. But to me a wedding is not about showing off to others (mostly think it is), but in the end of the day is about who you are with, whether is he the right one or not. If you have both the right guy and he's rich, good for you!

Here's a few thing that you will find this thread useful:
1. Your parents are not paying anything, the wedding is fully funded by both of you
2. The girl is not demanding and willing to settle for less
3. Your in-laws (normally the girl side) is not thinking that they're selling off their daughter and demanding
4. You're not realistic and you don't live up to the standards of the rest
5. You don't go compare with the friends around you
6. You are willing to spare some time to do research and DIY on your own
7. Your partner is supportive and both of you agreed to work this through

This is just a rough guide, and wedding is really personal preference most of the time. If you are not fond of what is written here, the x button is just on top.

Next, how to save?
1. Just got your bonus right? Allocate at least 50-60% of the chunk into the wedding savings
2. Plan wisely, spread your spending across the month (ie Feb pay for banquet deposit, Mar pay for Prewedding deposit)
3. Speak to your other half and agree to commit a fair saving every month until the wedding
4. Extra cash, put them into savings and not buy things that are not necessary

Let's start with the costing, please note that the costing is not including the final amount to pay for the banquet.
user posted image
The total amount comes to about RM30k plus which is I guess the standard market rate these days. And if you're planning for hotel, the budget should come to about 80-100k.

Registration of Marriage's Procedures - Click Here
Picking of Auspicious dates - Click here
Banquet - Click here
Gor Dai Lei - Click Here
Gowns - Click here
Shoes - Click here

Picking of Wedding Bands - Click here
DIY Stuffs - Click here
Invitation Card - Click Here

Nails Kristen Nails - Click here
Make up artist Grace Wang - Click here

Photographer and videographer Click here

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Dec 9 2016, 04:19 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:50 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Contents:
1. Registration of Marriage
2. Picking of wedding band
3. Picking of dates
4. Banquet
5. Wedding Incentive of RM500 for Selangor's citizen
6. GDL (Gor Dai Lei List) - Simplified version
7. Gowns - Taobao

Registration of Marriage

Fiance (Selangor), myself (Selangor)
Location for ROM: Putrajaya
Government have recently revised their policies again. What's new? So now, both from Selangor must put in their application in one of the Selangor's state office first. Either one from KL can head straight to Putrajaya for application and booking of dates.
JPN Selangor state
The main one is in Plaza Masalam, Shah Alam or you can head to any branches near to you.
user posted image

Here was the process that we went through:
1. Head to branch in Shah Alam
2. Took a number and waited less than 10 minutes
3. Went to counter and took a form to fill in
4. Went back and took a number within 1 minute head back to the counter
5. Submitted everything and was given a letter immediately to head to Putrajaya to book our dates
6. Head to Putrajaya with the letter and booked the date
7. Wait for 21 days when they posted our photos in Shah Alam branch and went back to take another letter, paid RM10 which is to bring on the actual day to Putrajaya
8. RM20 to be paid on the actual day

Documents required:
1. Form JPN.KC02 that is completed.
2. MyKad, MyPR or Malaysian green card (that is still valid).
3. One (1) colour passport-sized photograph per applicant. Blue or white background also can do.

Checklist from JPN for documents Checklist

If you wanna save all this trouble and you're not local (as in Selangor or KL) just to to Tian Hou Gong, or religious centre to get your ROM done.

Dress & Shoes for ROM
They really carry a lot of nice simple clothes, personally bought many clothes from them and the quality is good. Only cost about RM69-100+
Curves Boutique
Bought my shoes from Charles & Keith a while ago, white one with lace.
Pinjam link to share here, the same pair that I got 2 years ago
user posted image

I won't speak about the guy's attire because I assumed that shirt can be easily bought anywhere.

Hand bouquet
Got this from taobao: Bouquet
user posted image
After some self DIY adding ribbons
user posted image
These are soap flowers and they really last even they came kemek during shipping (forgot to tell my agent not to open my box la), they also gave me some freebie for flowers to tie on hand (what's that called again?). I planned to order more, one is just less than RM5. My friend use the 'real flower' for the ji mui and we found them too heavy, started to fall off halfway throughout the wedding and the extra metal piece actually scratched my hand with quite a bad cut. So I guess this might be a better option.

Here's the actual day photos on ROM with the flowers
user posted image
user posted image

Picking of Wedding Band

Most of the girls are pretty particular about this. Especially with the word of "once in a lifetime" being used most of the time. But well, you will also have to budget carefully and not over spent. Something more practical would be great, as you both will be wearing this on a daily basis. Something more lasting perhaps. Unless you don't plan to wear this on a daily basis, those with weird shape and diamond jutting out, to me it's really quite annoying that i hit into things every time I do some housework or washing. Then you feel heartache...

We only went to 3 shops and made the decision as we already know how much budget we have for this
1. Poh Kong - 1-2k range
Their design is fine, looks good from the outside, but once I have a good look at the ring, most of them are 'hollow' in the middle
Feels very cheapskate and light

2. Tomei
My engagement ring was bought from there, so I thought got discount voucher RM100 can go and look see.
Found the one I kinda like but was way too expensive, about 3.9k for the pair with rose gold
Tomei price tier is a lil bit higher and most of the range they don't give discount

3. Wah Chan
Many of my girls friends told me to head here, as they do give discounts
Manage to find something we like at the first glance
Discount given and one pair costed us about RM2.1k which was decent
We didn't wanted any diamond on the guy's ring
and comes with such a pretty box

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: May 25 2015, 11:47 AM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:51 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Picking of dates

Yup picking of date is kinda compulsory for many chinese to get an auspicious date. My mum actually told me to just go on the internet and Google a date. However, we wanted a date next year and there's no "Thung Sheng" which is only until end of this year. So to cut the hassle, we just went and paid for this and get things done.

There's a few choices around PJ/KL
Most famous is:

Loh Tit Pat 罗铁笔结婚择日馆 (I use them because they were fast)
No. 63D, 1ST FLOOR,
JALAN SULTAN,
50000 KUALA LUMPUR.
TEL : 03-2070 0917
Daily 10am-5pm
Sunday 9am-12pm
Friday, rest day and open during public holidays

Loh Tim Gei 罗添记
3-5,Lorong Pudu, 50050,KL.
Tel:03-20721662
Fax:03-20781662
Mon - Sat : 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 11:30 to 4:30
http://www.bestoffer.com.my/lohtimkee

迎囍坊
Yin Xi Fang Auspicious Services
D-G-08, Jalan Metro Perdana 3,
Taman Usahawan Kepong,
52100 KL

Casa De Vines S/B
03-5637 7062
www.casadevines.com.my

风水嫁坊
Sunway Pyramid L1.AV.185,
No.3, Jalan PJS 11/15,
46150 Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

谷中鸣 Kok CHong Ming
Kuala Lumpur Main Office
No.4-1, Jalan Pinggir, 4KM,Jalan Ipoh,51200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 603-4041 9613, 4041 9614, 4041 9618 Fax: 603-4041 9619
Email : [email protected]

Picking date process for me:
I called them up and told them I wanted a date early next year after CNY and if they can do so, they answered yes and I told them that I don't wanna go down all the way to Petaling Street to submit the information.
1. They whatsapp me the whole list of things that I need to fill in (Usually bride & groom's birthdate and time, parent's born year)
2. I bank in to them and whatsapp back to them on the receipt and information
3. They acknowledge receipt and called me if there's any other information required
4. 5pm they whatsapp me back on the dates
5. I replied them after I've decided on my wedding date
6. They prepared the box for me and self collect, they will tell you what and what not to do on the actual day and before

There were a few more options available, you can ask for appointment to meet the shifu (normally need to wait 1-2months) or you can go personally to submit. We didn't wanted to see the sifu because we were not interested in knowing about the 'future'

RM250 for picking of dates & the box
RM350 for seeing the sifu, picking of date & box

Pinjam photo again, here's how the box looks like and comes with set for groom and bride
user posted image
user posted image

Located above a very old photography shop
user posted image

Memang very traditional looking place
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Mar 17 2015, 03:39 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:51 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Banquet

Title says budget therefore hotel is definitely out of the question.
I did a research on all the banquets in PJ mostly.

Here's the menus that I've tabulated, you can view the file from here.
Banquet Menus

I personally picked Palace Group because the menu were one of the most 'worth' because by paying such amount, the rest of the restaurant wouldn't be giving you suckling pig at those rates.

Many would think that the place is small (besides Menara LYL) but to me, what's most important is the place is decent and not too cramp but yet cozy.

Costing:
Per table: RM900++ (menu will change by a bit and cost will increase next year by a bit but the food will be better) - that's what they told me
Beer : RM14.70 per bottle (current pricing)
Alcohol: Budgeting about 2-3 red wines per table, RM28 x 3 x 35 tables = RM2,940.00 (one of my uncle buka winery, so got discount biggrin.gif )
Not serving other alcohol, parents said no need.

FOC:
10 pax food tasting 2-3 months before wedding (to confirm the menu)
Up to 5 invitation card (you know la quite fugly one, so top up a few hundred for better looking ones. Plan to design on my own)
RM100 corkage one time fee chargeable for whatever or you want to bring in 1000 bottles also ok
Free flow of chinese tea & soft drink
Free 'fake' cake for you to cut
Emcee is free but is the Captain of the restaurant la biggrin.gif
Decoration which is what you see, is what you get
Champagne for the yum seng on the stage

Deposit: Usually 10% or RM3,000 depends on how many tables

Take note: Do not commit to too many tables. Just need to give a rough count ie 30, 40, 50. The banquet would only ask you to confirm your exact no. of table like a week or 4-5 days before. Once you commit you need to pay for them. They usually only prepare 1 reserve table on the actual day. If your guests didn't turn up, then you would need pay for the empty table on that day but you can return to have the meal with half a year validity or so.

Things to consider
Food quality, ask around your friends/colleague (I personally had a few dinner in Palace Group, the dish were big and most of them gave compliments)
Parking issues (is there ample of parking spaces? if not your guest would be so frustrated huh?)
Alcohol (do you really need that much or different types of alcohol?)
Guests to invite (Go through your list, thoroughly)
Convenience (Any hotels nearby, for yourself and guest?)
Room for bride to makeup
Room to calculate money
Any reserve parking bays for bridal car

I personally like this place a lot - HGH Convention Hall located in Sentul's school. The place might not look so good from the front but inside the hall is definitely looking grand and even better than many hotels because there's not pillars and your main table is placed on a platform. The menus were pretty decent, but sadly you need 50 tables for weekend's dinner and we can't meet that quota.
user posted image

user posted image

Insentif Perkahwinan Belia
If you're a Selangor's citizen, you're indeed lucky. Selangor government is giving RM500 (previously RM300) for each individual who got married.
Yes, so if both of you are from Selangor, then you will get RM1,000.00
Requirements:
You're born in Selangor with your IC no. 10,41,42,43 dan 44 in the middle
You've stayed in Selangor for more than 10 years, you need to prove this with your school's leaving cert

user posted image

1. Terbuka kepada semua kaum
2. Tiada sebarang had pendapatan.
3. Lahir di Negeri Selangor atau telah bermastautin di Negeri Selangor selama 10 tahun (perlu pengesahan ADUN/Penghulu/Pengerusi JKKK/Pengerusi Taman)
4. Pemohon Islam: Sijil Nikah yang berdaftar dengan Jabatan agama Islam Selangor atau mana-mana Jabatan Islam Negeri.
5. Pemohon Bukan Islam: Sijil Pendaftaran Perkahwinan didaftarkan di Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara di semua cawangan Selangor atau Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara di setiap negeri.
6. Perkahwinan kali pertama sahaja.
7. Pengantin lelaki atau perempuan tidak melebihi usia 35 tahun semasa tarikh bernikah atau pendaftaran.
8. Permohonan hanya terbuka kepada perkahwinan / pernikahan / berdaftar pada atau selepas 1 Januari 2013.
9. Sah laku permohonan adalah sehingga 3 bulan selepas tarikh bernikah (bagi pasangan Islam) atau berdaftar (bagi pasangan bukan Islam)

Link for more info on Perkahwinan Belia
Download the form

Don't bother trying to change your IC address if you're from another state trying your luck for this, the IC department have all your details since day 1.

How to get this done?
1. Download the form, attached all the necessary documents as per above
2. Submit them to your nearest DUN office, acknowledgement copy for your safe keeping
3. Wait, wait and wait (1-3 months?)
4. They will call you to either attend an event to present you the BSN certificate or you can collect from Shah Alam office
5. Another 1 month of waiting for the BSN certificate that was issued ahead
6. Go to BSN with the cert and collect your cash money

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Mar 18 2015, 12:43 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:52 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

GDL aka Gor Dai Lei List 过大礼

Well, this is part of the chinese tradition to send betrothal gifts to the girl's side about a week before. If you did let the one as above picked the dates, they do come with this date as well.

There's an extensive list of GDL to follow, but here's the most basic one for your own reference and depending on what the girl's parents request.

Male side (To return)
洋酒一对 (Wine or liquor 2 bottles)
迎亲鸡一对 或 红包代替 (Pair of chicken or substitude with angpau)
聘金 (Dowry in red packet)
苹果18粒, 橙18粒 (18 Apple , 18 Oranges)
龙凤烛2对或4对 (Chinese wedding candles 2 or 4 pairs)
红布,男家九尺九,女家最少九尺 (9feet9“for groom, 9feet minimum for bride)
离乳礼金 Appreciation money for MIL
9 样吉祥品双份 (9 Auspicious tray 2 sets)
金猪或红包代替 (Whole roast pig or substitude with red packet)

*Note: All gifts will need to place a red packet

Female side
橙水一对 (Orange juice 2 bottles)
回鸡红包 (A pair of chicken or red packet must be lesser)
聘金 [要回] (Bethoral money): Partial of the money to be returned to groom
礼饼 [要回] (Wedding biscuits)
苹果9粒, 橙9粒 (9 Apple , 9 Oranges)
衣食碗 (Auspicious Dragon & Phoenix bowl)
12谷米 或 5谷米 (12grain or 5grain rice)
大发糕2个
女婿钱包,腰带 (Groom wallet and belt)
9 样吉祥品 (9 Auspicious tray 1 set) 1 to be returned
金猪 [要回] - 切中间猪头,尾 四肢猪腿要回 (Roast pig to cut the middle section and return pig's head, tail and four legs)
新女婿裤,每个裤带要放红包 (A pair of male long pants for groom, with red packet in every pocket)
橙一对 红包一个放在猪头和尾中间,用红纸包上

*Note: All gifts will need to place a red packet

Bedding 安床
This is up to the couple whether they want to do so or not. If no, and your parents are not particular, just go buy a new 'red' sheets and change them for your wedding day. The date is provided by the picking date person as well.

有福气分别男家长辈 (Elder couple)
古钱, 缘钱 , 红包 ('Old coin', thread and ang pau, normally you can ask the shop and they do sell)
莲子,百合 , 龙眼 , 红枣 , 喜糖 (Lotus , lily, longan , red dates, candy)
生果 (苹果,橙)各1粒 (apple and orange 1 each)
红包2封 (放钱)(ang pau, inside got money one la)

首先把床铺移开,下面就是床板,把一粒古钱和一封缘钱放在红包封里,让后放床板的角位一一扔,一封放中间。
(代表新郎五代同堂)把床铺移回原位,长辈就把新娘带过来的床单往两头两尾盖上床铺,然后床单放好用一个
茶盆把莲子,百合,龙眼,红枣,喜糖,红包,扁柏放在床中间。

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Apr 17 2015, 04:44 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 9 2015, 12:56 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Gowns & Shoes

Gowns

Well, many would ask, are you serious? Buying a gown for your once in a lifetime wedding without trying at all?
Yea, my answer is that I am serious. And the other question is about quality wise that things are literally MADE IN CHINA.
Tell me which is not? Those you got from bridal gallery comes from China too, unless they're by some famous designers in Paris, Rome then I don't know la.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be reading here at all.

There are reasons why I choose to buy from taobao:
1. I'm relatively small size, therefore easier to fit in standard size (not showing off, just drawing comparison)
2. My mum is a tailor, therefore personal service la tongue.gif
3. I pay peanuts and I don't get monkey
4. I get to keep the gown as mine paying such price or sell them away later
5. They're not too bad after all

As of now that I've purchased 3 gowns from Taobao and how to taobao? That's a whole long set of instructions. If you want to know how, PM me and I have already written on a 'taobao guide'.

Well, all I said is that you need to do quite a bit of research, not quite feasible if you can't read mandarin.

I bought 4 gowns in total
Everything costed me about RM750 (That's what you paid for renting one gown here)

Gown 1
About RMB500 (RM270)
I was amazed at the quality of this very gown when I received. The gown is really beautiful with the back about 1m long.
Also adjustable strap on the back, makes that easier for adjustment. Only drawback is the tummy area which is super stiff and hard to sit down. I guess, most of the gowns are like that, just need to get used to this for few hours tongue.gif

Gown looks exactly like what they place on the website
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

How the gown looks in actual
user posted image

Gown 2
About RMB220 (About RM150)
This gown looks quite simple in actual but acceptable to me as I don't really want anything too grand in such a venue, not doing in hotel or what so ever.
Quality is not too bad and kinda like the back.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Gown 3
About RMM200+ which is RM100+
These whole piece of gown is made of lace. I am also really pleased with the quality, there's no stain and no damage on the gown when I got this.
Only drawback is the neck portion which is a bit big and will have to alter. The rest seemed fine..
Something that is not too grand as well

Original photo
user posted image
I bought the one without the long dragging part because I wanted to use this for morning, kinda troublesome to walk around

In actual
user posted image
user posted image
See the quality on your own, the lace are pretty nice

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:38 PM
Happie16
post Mar 11 2015, 08:41 AM

22 posts

Hi Princess Galaria,

Good to hear from you again and this time is on wedding smile.gif
Congrats to both of you.

I've also went through the same ROM process. I went to Putrajaya and been informed that i need to go to Selangor JPN to submit form. The officer suggested us to go directly to Shah Alam which is Selangor JPN HQ.

Btw, have you registered or is counting down to your ROM? smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 11 2015, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Misc Items

Teapot set bought from
SS2 https://www.facebook.com/ss2uwedding?fref=ts
Friend got married they gave them vouchers so we were entitled for 30% off for this smile.gif
Total damage about RM50+
Didn't wanted something that looks too traditional because after that I won't be able to use them.

user posted image

Wrist flowers - Ji Muis to wear during the actual day morning
Real flowers are really heavy and expensive and the stem ended up cutting my hand previous and leaving a long scratch mark, so why not go for these?
Cheap only about RMB4 which means about RM2.50 each and looks so good

user posted image

Teddy bears
RMB58 which is about RM32 for a pair of 7-8" tall bears
Initially wanted to use for my bridal car, didn't expect the quality and everything to be so nice. Guess just gonna use as deco for our bed
user posted image

Bowties for HengDais to wear
The whole theme will be mint blue aka tiffany blue
The quality is pretty good, not the usual smooth type but with a bit of texture. RMB5+ which is about RM3 each
user posted image

Other misc decorations and stuffs

For glass decorations
user posted image

Ang Pau
user posted image
user posted image

Paper cup for minum teh
user posted image

Decorations
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Jul 3 2015, 12:44 PM
darx84
post Mar 11 2015, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

how far in advance do you need to reserve the ROM date?
rose6580
post Mar 11 2015, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

hi babes

congratulations on your weddings

smile.gif

i was once a bride too and can sense your excitement !

i customade 3 gowns (wedding gown, evening gown and qipao gown) which i have no use for right now and would like to let go. need to clear wardrobe.

do PM me if you wish to view my gowns ya !

cheers !

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 11 2015, 05:35 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Shoes

To use for the second gown during the night
Bought this from Charles & Keith warehouse sales for about RM70-80
user posted image

To use for wedding photoshoot
Bought this from Tangs for only RM30, can you believe this? There's a corner in Tangs whereby they will put out all the shoes with minor defects or odd sizes at 80-90% off whereby their initial price tags are over RM1,000
From the photo, you barely see any defect was just a short line drawn by a pen and I don't mind since my photoshoot outdoor in the grass will dirty the shoes as well
user posted image

To use for the night with my white gown
This is like my best steal ever, just costed about RM120 initially price about RM1,000+
The very moment felt like Cinderalla found her glass slippers
user posted image

Christy Ng
To use for morning
Everyone knows Christy Ng I bet..
I got this pair when they were on sales at 50% which was only about RM130+
Initially I was contemplating for Kate Mozella for the quality but whatever la, since I am just wearing once and there's this pair here which is good enough
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:25 PM
darx84
post Mar 16 2015, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Waiting for the updates on banquet biggrin.gif

Any suggestion for small size Chinese wedding banquet for about 15 tables and price at about 1k to 1.2k range? Needed privacy so best to look for small size Chinese restaurant.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Picking of Wedding Bands

In all, I'm quiet a cincai person or easily pleased la. But I'm quiet petty on certain stuffs when it comes to planning I will draw down to little details.

Picking of ring was quiet an easy task, we only spend less than 2hours in a mall and just made our choice immediately.

Initially I saw some catalogs online and thought that Poh Kong might be a good choice since the rings looks pretty good. However when I stepped into the shop the quality of the rings disappoint me very much that they are so light and I didn't even realise if I were to drop them.

user posted image

user posted image

These actually cost about RM1k plus to 2k, not worth at all because the middle part is totally hollow
Then I proceeded to Tomei where I got a voucher bcos of my engagement ring

Most of them are over budget, the ones that I like is over RM5k, good wife la I don't want my hubby to spend too much and we stick to our budget as close as possible. Once in a lifetime don't apply for everything.
user posted image

Then I proceeded to Wah Chan and theirs was priced at a much more reasonable price
That's how we found this pair at a very decent price for only about RM2k plus after discount given
user posted image
Initially wanted to go home and think think first, but well then we just decided on the spot that we should just get this pair

The pair that I love the most is this from Love&Co.
Hubby promised to buy these at some point of our anniversary once we reach that financial state in our marriage. Actually leh, we are not really that poor just weighing what's worth not after buying a house and with such economy, perhaps it is better just to save for rainy days.
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Sep 17 2015, 04:56 PM
hlboey
post Mar 17 2015, 10:37 AM

17 posts

Thank you for this. Very informative.
manpower4x4
post Mar 17 2015, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Let me help Princess here on a non-traditional Chinese wedding. My and fiancee and I are going to get married at church and these are the things we had for costing:

1) Rings - RM1,200: For this, if your wife to be is not very fussy about having designer jewelry or stuffs, this budget is enough to get a decent pair from Wah Chan. They look nice and are sturdy too.

2) Shoes - RM70 (guy), RM150 (girl): I seriously cannot suggest anything. But for a pair of black shoes for a guy that costs anywhere between 60 to 150 is a fair deal for me. As for the girl's one, you can try shoe places around Bukit Bintang areas to get fair deals.

3) Bridal Package - RM3700: I had to choose and take this. Simple. Everything is done and no hassle. From gowns to tuxes and all, just everything is given to you. Be sure to bargain for the better deal as you know you can. Avoid taking packages from Bridal Fair periods as they might not give as much additional bonuses due to standardisation among vendors in the fair.

4) Church - RM1050: Alright. This one I am not sure how much will be charged if you 2 are from the same church and getting married there. My case is different as I need to get a third party church to do it as I am from a Protestant and my wife to be, a RC. Not included is the Token (ang pow) to the pastor of the church.

5) Make up - RM850 (day and night included): I found this lady online who runs a small make up academy. Berry Lim from Facebook gave me a very good price as I am the groom and I am asking instead of my fiancee. In this deal, 2 free basic make up for the morning session is given free to any 2 ladies of your choice. Add in RM50 per person for basic make up for your other bridesmaids. For night, I am getting a free basic make up as well for free.

6) Wedding Dinner - RM6000+ (100 pax): OK, here's the deal. I was looking around places to do a buffet style dinner as to me, Chinese style dinner is not what I want. I have asked places around KL and PJ but I came across one place which is extremely good in price and good in buffet spread. Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club. Not sure if the Chinese Banquet side is as good in terms of pricing but this is definitely a good place if you are on a budget. Cockage is one of the lowest as well.

7) Church and Dinner Hall Deco - RM3550: Here's the catch. I found this place that gave me a good budget for Deco. For my church, I only will spend about RM650 while RM2900 is for the dinner hall. Quite good deco and all. SomethingSpecial2You is the shop name and it's located at SS2.

These are all for now.

TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 02:53 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 17 2015, 02:30 PM)
Let me help Princess here on a non-traditional Chinese wedding. My and fiancee and I are going to get married at church and these are the things we had for costing:

1) Rings - RM1,200: For this, if your wife to be is not very fussy about having designer jewelry or stuffs, this budget is enough to get a decent pair from Wah Chan. They look nice and are sturdy too.

2) Shoes - RM70 (guy), RM150 (girl): I seriously cannot suggest anything. But for a pair of black shoes for a guy that costs anywhere between 60 to 150 is a fair deal for me. As for the girl's one, you can try shoe places around Bukit Bintang areas to get  fair deals.

3) Bridal Package - RM3700: I had to choose and take this. Simple. Everything is done and no hassle. From gowns to tuxes and all, just everything is given to you. Be sure to bargain for the better deal as you know you can. Avoid taking packages from Bridal Fair periods as they might not give as much additional bonuses due to standardisation among vendors in the fair.

4) Church - RM1050: Alright. This one I am not sure how much will be charged if you 2 are from the same church and getting married there. My case is different as I need to get a third party church to do it as I am from a Protestant and my wife to be, a RC. Not included is the Token (ang pow) to the pastor of the church.

5) Make up - RM850 (day and night included): I found this lady online who runs a small make up academy. Berry Lim from Facebook gave me a very good price as I am the groom and I am asking instead of my fiancee. In this deal, 2 free basic make up for the morning session is given free to any 2 ladies of your choice. Add in RM50 per person for basic make up for your other bridesmaids. For night, I am getting a free basic make up as well for free.

6) Wedding Dinner - RM6000+ (100 pax): OK, here's the deal. I was looking around places to do a buffet style dinner as to me, Chinese style dinner is not what I want. I have asked places around KL and PJ but I came across one place which is extremely good in price and good in buffet spread. Bukit Kiara Equestrian Club. Not sure if the Chinese Banquet side is as good in terms of pricing but this is definitely a good place if you are on a budget. Cockage is one of the lowest as well.

7) Church and Dinner Hall Deco - RM3550: Here's the catch. I found this place that gave me a good budget for Deco. For my church, I only will spend about RM650 while RM2900 is for the dinner hall. Quite good deco and all. SomethingSpecial2You is the shop name and it's located at SS2.

These are all for now.
Thanks smile.gif Yea, indeed a budget wedding is possible. IF only the parents and girl is ok.
Will update the thread slowly. Been busy with ROM and work.

manpower4x4
post Mar 17 2015, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 17 2015, 02:53 PM)
Thanks smile.gif Yea, indeed a budget wedding is possible. IF only the parents and girl is ok.
Will update the thread slowly. Been busy with ROM and work.
No probs. Just want to help people too. And I have been busy too hehe.
zhou86
post Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 17 2015, 02:59 PM)
No probs. Just want to help people too. And I have been busy too hehe.
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
darx84
post Mar 17 2015, 03:30 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM)
Try Imbi which is the Palace Group
Their pricing is the most decent one around KL/PJ and with that price can get suckling piglet.

If you still want to be a lil 'grand' go and have a look at Menara LYL
http://www.imbipalacegroup.com.my/banquet.php
phone up the restaurant, they will charged additional 16% for less than 25 tables.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 17 2015, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(darx84 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:30 PM)
phone up the restaurant, they will charged additional 16% for less than 25 tables.
I see, mine is 35 tables so there's no extra charge and they threw in FOC food tasting 10pax for me.

You called LYL ? Try Mutiara Palace. They were open to negotiation.
I heard from Kepong restaurants are good too.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM)
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM)
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
Wah...you really do so much research already. What about manpower4x4?
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 18 2015, 05:38 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM)
GST coming, what to do. Hahahaa, no la just do as and when I have the time. A year sometimes is just like a blink of eye.
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 06:27 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 05:38 PM)
GST coming, what to do. Hahahaa, no la just do as and when I have the time. A year sometimes is just like a blink of eye.
Yeah, I totally understand that. I thought 1 year would be enough, now I am panicking, although wedding day is end of this year. shocking.gif
MandyG
post Mar 18 2015, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

The box inside is what? How much is the charges for select date?

Thanks
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 19 2015, 10:02 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 18 2015, 06:27 PM)
Yeah, I totally understand that. I thought 1 year would be enough, now I am panicking, although wedding day is end of this year.  shocking.gif
Haha, all the best to you k.

QUOTE(MandyG @ Mar 18 2015, 06:32 PM)
The box inside is what? How much is the charges for select date?

Thanks
Price are all written on the post, kindly read thoroughly.
What's inside? Refer to the photo. Things to stick in the bridal car, heng dai car, ang pau packets, guide of what to do when and what.

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Mar 19 2015, 10:03 AM
manpower4x4
post Mar 19 2015, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM)
Well, I was planning like about 9 months ahead. Looking around for all the stuffs. Because my wedding is on an auspicious date in September (which I chose by accident based on the church's availability) so I quickly settled off the basics of everything. Now only left with the cake. As for me, I did not go a lot of places. Just get a few quotations around town and my area and if they don't fit, I will expand my search further down.
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 11:37 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 10:50 AM)
Well, I was planning like about 9 months ahead. Looking around for all the stuffs. Because my wedding is on an auspicious date in September (which I chose by accident based on the church's availability) so I quickly settled off the basics of everything. Now only left with the cake. As for me, I did not go a lot of places. Just get a few quotations around town and my area and if they don't fit, I will expand my search further down.
Ya, same. Mine also auspicious, (12/12), so hard to get the vendors we want/like. Haha.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 19 2015, 12:23 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 10:50 AM)
Lucky you, that's if the girl is willing to accommodate to most of the things and you give in some to her.
There's a lot who insist to like look around the all the jewelry shop over like a month just for a ring. Or any other simple stuffs.
To me, there's no need for it la, keep things simple minimise the arguments for both, make life easier.
I found my wedding ring at the 3rd shop and decided immediately biggrin.gif

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 19 2015, 11:37 AM)
Ya, same. Mine also auspicious, (12/12), so hard to get the vendors we want/like. Haha.
Semua sama date rclxms.gif
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 12:26 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 12:23 PM)
Semua sama date  rclxms.gif
Haha yours also? Congrats ya! rclxms.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 19 2015, 12:29 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 19 2015, 12:26 PM)
Haha yours also? Congrats ya!  rclxms.gif
haha no la as in auspicious dates
that's why restaurants hv to book like a year ahead.

mine is march 2016
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 12:31 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 12:29 PM)
haha no la as in auspicious dates
that's why restaurants hv to book like a year ahead.

mine is march 2016
Oh...yeah I booked the venue one year ahead. Had some problems with photographer vendor, had to switch to another choice, but its ok now. rclxms.gif

Settle these 2, then can slowly plan for others...
manpower4x4
post Mar 19 2015, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 12:23 PM)
Lucky you, that's if the girl is willing to accommodate to most of the things and you give in some to her.
There's a lot who insist to like look around the all the jewelry shop over like a month just for a ring. Or any other simple stuffs.
To me, there's no need for it la, keep things simple minimise the arguments for both, make life easier.
I found my wedding ring at the 3rd shop and decided immediately biggrin.gif
Semua sama date  rclxms.gif
Ring Story:

Fiancee: What is budget for ring?
Me: Best is RM1.5k for both rings.

Walks into Wah Chan One Utama

Fiancee: This design nice
Me: Ok, but we see first. Don't decide yet.

1 month later bought that ring there.
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 01:18 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:13 PM)
Ring Story:

You all talking about Wedding Band right? Not the engagement ring?

Speaking of which, I have to shop for Wedding Bands soon...
manpower4x4
post Mar 19 2015, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:18 PM)
You all talking about Wedding Band right? Not the engagement ring?

Speaking of which, I have to shop for Wedding Bands soon...
Yeap, Wedding Ring.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 19 2015, 01:30 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:13 PM)
Ring Story:

eh, I also bought from the same place exactly tongue.gif
My budget for wedding band is about 2k+
Poh Kong's quality is so cheapskate, at least Wah Chan still gave me discount when I asked and their rings are more solid for that kind of price. Poh Kong macam i pay 50cent put in the 'telur machine' twist twist keluar one..
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 02:06 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 01:30 PM)
Poh Kong's quality is so cheapskate, at least Wah Chan still gave me discount when I asked and their rings are more solid for that kind of price. Poh Kong macam i pay 50cent put in the 'telur machine' twist twist keluar one..
Hahahaha, funny description! laugh.gif
manpower4x4
post Mar 19 2015, 03:56 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 01:30 PM)
But their prices also not as affordable as Wah Chan. Their reasoning when I went to one of their outlets was that they sell Yellow Gold, so there's no cheap and good Yellow Gold. Wah Chan sells White Gold, that one cheaper. I was like, silence.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 19 2015, 04:31 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 03:56 PM)
But their prices also not as affordable as Wah Chan. Their reasoning when I went to one of their outlets was that they sell Yellow Gold, so there's no cheap and good Yellow Gold. Wah Chan sells White Gold, that one cheaper. I was like, silence.
Those that I was looking at was the same white gold like what they have in Wah Chan wo..
Not even looking at gold hmm.gif
manpower4x4
post Mar 20 2015, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 04:31 PM)
Those that I was looking at was the same white gold like what they have in Wah Chan wo..
Not even looking at gold  hmm.gif
I went to a few Poh Kong. They told me not to look at Yellow Gold. They said Yellow Gold better. And in fact, their Yellow Gold more expensive than White Gold.
zhou86
post Mar 20 2015, 04:37 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 20 2015, 03:18 PM)
I went to a few Poh Kong. They told me not to look at Yellow Gold. They said Yellow Gold better. And in fact, their Yellow Gold more expensive than White Gold.
I am confused. They told not to look at Yellow Gold but they say Yellow Gold better? rclxub.gif
manpower4x4
post Mar 21 2015, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Mar 20 2015, 04:37 PM)
I am confused. They told not to look at Yellow Gold but they say Yellow Gold better?  rclxub.gif
Nor to look at White Gold. Sorry typo.
Left4Dead2
post Mar 21 2015, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,045 posts

This show be put to Sticky Thread thumbup.gif
manpower4x4
post Mar 23 2015, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Mar 21 2015, 08:20 PM)
This show be put to Sticky Thread  thumbup.gif
Agreed....Will share more info as my date nears as well.
TSprincessgalaria
post Mar 23 2015, 03:05 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Mar 21 2015, 08:20 PM)
This show be put to Sticky Thread  thumbup.gif
QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 23 2015, 02:43 PM)
Agreed....Will share more info as my date nears as well.
Thanks guys, will try to write more once I have free time smile.gif
But only 'poor' or 'wise' people find it useful tongue.gif
Because many put up a grand wedding for 'show' but since they can afford, then by all means.
chloe_yee87
post Apr 2 2015, 01:10 AM

Casual
367 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 23 2015, 03:05 PM)
Thanks guys, will try to write more once I have free time smile.gif
But only 'poor' or 'wise' people find it useful tongue.gif
Because many put up a grand wedding for 'show' but since they can afford, then by all means.
Very informative guys!
Super helpful for bride/groom to be. Pls do update more ya.
Am amazed by the level of details u guys have, thought usually girls will plan all these laugh.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 7 2015, 12:59 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Apr 2 2015, 01:10 AM)
Very informative guys!
Super helpful for bride/groom to be. Pls do update more ya.
Am amazed by the level of details u guys have, thought usually girls will plan all these  laugh.gif
I'm a girl sad.gif

Hahaha, yea I agreed that normally the girl would be the one planning with all the details. My fiance don't really get involve much unless I need his feedback or input for things. But sometimes when the girl do too much also kinda like one way thing. I also will nag and push him to get somethings done.
Little Giant
post Apr 7 2015, 10:11 PM

2 posts

Very informative. Thanks for sharing:)
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 9 2015, 12:17 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Little Giant @ Apr 7 2015, 10:11 PM)
Very informative. Thanks for sharing:)
You're welcome. Will update from time to time when I have the time.
Artorion
post Apr 14 2015, 07:14 PM

1 posts

Hi all.Good topic.Too soon to be wedding.Well, of course the lack of money.You never know when you find love.Would never have believed that seeking online.But it is not important.If someone needed https://mymagicbrides.com (russian wooman service).Parents support us.But to me as head of the family.It was hard to find a place,economical and good.The bride many vagaries.Show the bride this post and continue training.Good luck to all. smile.gif
jonlow1017
post Apr 17 2015, 12:11 PM

25 posts

It always depends on where you wedding is going to be held. If you talk about just a small family wedding then it won't cost so much as the people is budgeted around your family. But if you want to make it grand, with friends, and also in a reputable restaurant or hotels then it will be costly. But after all wedding is a big thing in life, so just enjoy it, and as long as you love it. wink.gif

rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by jonlow1017: Apr 17 2015, 12:12 PM
DreMAx
post Apr 17 2015, 01:18 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

This is extremely helpful although I am not getting married anytime soon in the next year or two. Probably in 4 years time when both myself and my girl have enough money in our finances.

Thanks so much for the informative guide/pointers @princessgalaria and also @manpower4x4 for adding on for the guys! notworthy.gif
Many many wishes of congratulations to all who has commented in this thread!

This post has been edited by DreMAx: Apr 17 2015, 01:19 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 17 2015, 02:50 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(jonlow1017 @ Apr 17 2015, 12:11 PM)
It always depends on where you wedding is going to be held. If you talk about just a small family wedding then it won't cost so much as the people is budgeted around your family. But if you want to make it grand, with friends, and also in a reputable restaurant or hotels then it will be costly. But after all wedding is a big thing in life, so just enjoy it, and as long as you love it. wink.gif

rclxms.gif
Of course, that's really depending on:
1. Your family is paying for the wedding
2. You're paying for your own wedding
3. Are you rich or not?
4. How big / grand you want your wedding to be
5. How many ppl u want to invite

In a nutshell, got money then anything possible, no money then.... read this thread. LOL.

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 17 2015, 01:18 PM)
This is extremely helpful although I am not getting married anytime soon in the next year or two. Probably in 4 years time when both myself and my girl have enough money in our finances.

Thanks so much for the informative guide/pointers @princessgalaria and also @manpower4x4 for adding on for the guys! notworthy.gif
Many many wishes of congratulations to all who has commented in this thread!
You're most welcome. But after 4 years inflation, you need to add 20-30% on top of my budget tongue.gif
Even banquet says they increase at least 3-5% per year.
DreMAx
post Apr 17 2015, 04:30 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 17 2015, 02:50 PM)
You're most welcome. But after 4 years inflation, you need to add 20-30% on top of my budget tongue.gif
Even banquet says they increase at least 3-5% per year.
Unfortunately that's really the case sad.gif and need to factor in for GST as well cry.gif
I am definitely looking at banquets like the one you mention but the Menana LYL that one la. Much nearer to home also actually and there are 2 hotels there. Hotels are just out of the league unless I have that much luxury to spare.

Anyhow, my parents are expecting me to food the bill on my own like a man biggrin.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 17 2015, 04:32 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 17 2015, 04:30 PM)
Unfortunately that's really the case sad.gif and need to factor in for GST as well cry.gif
I am definitely looking at banquets like the one you mention but the Menana LYL that one la. Much nearer to home also actually and there are 2 hotels there. Hotels are just out of the league unless I have that much luxury to spare.

Anyhow, my parents are expecting me to food the bill on my own like a man biggrin.gif
haha I'm also footing my own bills to everything
DreMAx
post Apr 17 2015, 04:36 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 17 2015, 04:32 PM)
haha I'm also footing my own bills to everything
Hahaha. Daddy made it clear to me and my elder brother already. "You two will marry your future wife on your own and with your own capacity" blush.gif

Then again, on the flip side also need to discuss with my girl and plan our way to that very moment.
zhou86
post Apr 18 2015, 11:29 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

Wah, then I am considered really lucky. My parents will foot the bill, but of course "angpao" they keep lar...

My dad said its because my grandfather (although really poor that time) also did the same, so he want to do the same. smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 19 2015, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 18 2015, 11:29 AM)
Wah, then I am considered really lucky. My parents will foot the bill, but of course "angpao" they keep lar...

My dad said its because my grandfather (although really poor that time) also did the same, so he want to do the same. smile.gif
Good for you, I wouldn't wanna take my parents' money plus I'm on the girl's end which supposed the guy should be footing most of the stuffs. Due to special case single mum side on my hubby and how she does not want our wedding to happen after all bcos she felt that I'm 'taking' away her son. The whole wedding is like a tragedy to her, instead of being happy she just made our life miserable. We just informed her on the date, and since then she did not spoke of anything about the wedding at all. Perhaps she might not even attend. I felt that it's such an insult to my family. Don't even think about footing the bill. But who gives a damn, I'm to marry the son.
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 19 2015, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 17 2015, 04:36 PM)
Hahaha. Daddy made it clear to me and my elder brother already. "You two will marry your future wife on your own and with your own capacity"  blush.gif

Then again, on the flip side also need to discuss with my girl and plan our way to that very moment.
All the best to you biggrin.gif
Happy saving
zhou86
post Apr 19 2015, 05:17 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 19 2015, 02:20 PM)
Good for you, I wouldn't wanna take my parents' money plus I'm on the girl's end which supposed the guy should be footing most of the stuffs. Due to special case single mum side on my hubby and how she does not want our wedding to happen after all bcos she felt that I'm 'taking' away her son. The whole wedding is like a tragedy to her, instead of being happy she just made our life miserable. We just informed her on the date, and since then she did not spoke of anything about the wedding at all. Perhaps she might not even attend. I felt that it's such an insult to my family. Don't even think about footing the bill. But who gives a damn, I'm to marry the son.
Sorry to hear that. I understand what you mean, as I know some cases like that too.
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 19 2015, 06:01 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 19 2015, 05:17 PM)
Sorry to hear that. I understand what you mean, as I know some cases like that too.
Keep calm and move on. Life still goes on smile.gif
Dwelling on things that I can't change is just a waste of time, look forward to good things is the way I guess smile.gif
zhou86
post Apr 20 2015, 10:34 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 19 2015, 06:01 PM)
Keep calm and move on. Life still goes on smile.gif
Dwelling on things that I can't change is just a waste of time, look forward to good things is the way I guess smile.gif
thumbup.gif That is the way. smile.gif

I always believed: "Do the best in the things you can control. For those you can't control, no point worrying anyways."
flamephotography
post Apr 20 2015, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
264 posts

Oh dear.

So sorry to hear that. That is actually quite bad. Is your husband a mummy's boy type of person? If he is, I hope that you and mainly your husband can talk to his mother and do something to make her accept and bless your marriage. I am sorry to say that according to some studies people have made, mother in laws are some of the root problem of a broken marriage and also can lead to a divorce. Especially if the man is the mummy's boy type. Unless you are both planning to move out and neglecting her which is also cruel.

But I hope that eventually your mother in law will slowly brain in the idea that she is not losing her son but gaining a daughter. Very strange because mostly is the girls side parents who would feel like this. Not the man's side.

Just my personal opinion. Cheers and we wish you a wonderful and blessed marriage ahead..... icon_rolleyes.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 20 2015, 12:38 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Apr 20 2015, 11:25 AM)
Oh dear.

So sorry to hear that. That is actually quite bad. Is your husband a mummy's boy type of person? If he is, I hope that you and mainly your husband can talk to his mother and do something to make her accept and bless your marriage. I am sorry to say that according to some studies people have made, mother in laws are some of the root problem of a broken marriage and also can lead to a divorce. Especially if the man is the mummy's boy type. Unless you are both planning to move out and neglecting her which is also cruel.

But I hope that eventually your mother in law will slowly brain in the idea that she is not losing her son but gaining a daughter. Very strange because mostly is the girls side parents who would feel like this. Not the man's side.

Just my personal opinion. Cheers and we wish you a wonderful and blessed marriage ahead..... icon_rolleyes.gif
He's not actually, just that he gave in too much previously out of pity and planting in the perception that was done is more of what she 'deserve'. And how this came about is that, she's highly dependable aka can't drive and rarely goes out to speak with others even around the housing area. Even purchasing groceries and paying bill, all sorts of misc stuffs is dependent on my hubby who's working full time.

I'm aware of that, and I've told my hubby that such situation have created 99% of the arguments between us. We have a place nearby, that's the whole purpose actually for buying a place that's only 5mins away. Knowing that living together will eventually create a war, which put my hubby in a difficult position. Imagine, I was told off last time for helping to cleanup "You have never sweep or mop a floor before?" or I get penalised for painting but forgotten to clean up a bench.

Did spoke to her, but she's those kind that would think that the world revolves around her..
In this case she will use myths or superstitious to prevent the son to get married by saying that my zodiac is 'larger' and I'll 'eat' him up and it's best that I do it after 3-4 years then it would be safe (which means I'm 33-34) and gave typical example that other couples ended up in divorce or dead (wtf).

And my hubby is not earning enough, it's better if he's a CEO and marry me then. Funny, we both earn a 5 digit nett combined income, just that his expenses is so great that he needs to pay for everything at his current place now. And why do I need a CEO to be my hubby?

We knew that these were all her excuses that she made up for not willing to let go. And she don't like kids, knowing that once we have kids we will have to commit more time to raise them.

Not any average girl would stand this kind of situation.
flamephotography
post Apr 20 2015, 02:03 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 20 2015, 12:38 PM)
He's not actually, just that he gave in too much previously out of pity and planting in the perception that was done is more of what she 'deserve'. And how this came about is that, she's highly dependable aka can't drive and rarely goes out to speak with others even around the housing area. Even purchasing groceries and paying bill, all sorts of misc stuffs is dependent on my hubby who's working full time.

I'm aware of that, and I've told my hubby that such situation have created 99% of the arguments between us. We have a place nearby, that's the whole purpose actually for buying a place that's only 5mins away. Knowing that living together will eventually create a war, which put my hubby in a difficult position. Imagine, I was told off last time for helping to cleanup "You have never sweep or mop a floor before?" or I get penalised for painting but forgotten to clean up a bench.

Did spoke to her, but she's those kind that would think that the world revolves around her..
In this case she will use myths or superstitious to prevent the son to get married by saying that my zodiac is 'larger' and I'll 'eat' him up and it's best that I do it after 3-4 years then it would be safe (which means I'm 33-34) and gave typical example that other couples ended up in divorce or dead (wtf).

And my hubby is not earning enough, it's better if he's a CEO and marry me then. Funny, we both earn a 5 digit nett combined income, just that his expenses is so great that he needs to pay for everything at his current place now.  And why do I need a CEO to be my hubby?

We knew that these were all her excuses that she made up for not willing to let go. And she don't like kids, knowing that once we have kids we will have to commit more time to raise them.

Not any average girl would stand this kind of situation.
Sound very selfish. And I think you and your hubby knows what is best for both of you. You don't have to listen to all the negative thoughts from your mother in law. But that doesn't mean you should not honor and respect her. Anyway I guess I am not in any position to tell you what to do. You understand your situation best and is your choice to choose how to react.

That being said, before we moved way out of topic, hope everything will be alright and wish you will have a wonderful and blessed marriage ahead...... Cheers..... icon_rolleyes.gif
Wedding Moments
post Apr 27 2015, 10:08 PM

0 posts

Hi there check us out!! If you have just popped the question to her, just said i do to him, engaged and a bride- to- be,you are in the right place!!!

Here at Wedding Moments,you'll find that this is the destination for all your wedding needs and ideas for the preparation of your big day!

Therefore,we invite you to browse through our individually picked,creative selections of wedding favours,wedding props ,accessories, photo-booth decorations. Do get in touch with us via our facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/weddingsmoment
or drop us an e-mail @ [email protected] if you have any inquiries or questions and are interested to purchase any of our collections!

Happy shopping ♥
Tony9113
post Apr 28 2015, 07:27 PM

2 posts

Hi there! I`m already married. It was in May. We are really love this month! smile.gif We had outdoor wedding, it was perfectly. My wife found a very interesting site with huge number of tips, ideas and more usefull things for a budget wedding click here We had a small and cozy wedding with guest list about 20 - 25 close friends. I liked it, I felt very comfortable. We had some cocktail party near pool. =) All guests really enjoyed it. The next day we went on a honeymoon trip. It was the best wedding (I think). I recommend you!
zhou86
post Apr 28 2015, 11:50 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Tony9113 @ Apr 28 2015, 07:27 PM)
Hi there! I`m already married. It was in May. We are really love this month! smile.gif  We had outdoor wedding, it was perfectly. My wife found a very interesting site with huge number of tips, ideas and more usefull things for a budget wedding click here We had a small and cozy wedding with guest list about 20 - 25 close friends. I liked it, I felt very comfortable. We had some cocktail party near pool. =) All guests really enjoyed it. The next day we went on a honeymoon trip. It was the best wedding (I think). I recommend you!
Nice, wish I could settle with a small number of guests too...
DreMAx
post Apr 29 2015, 04:24 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

Oh my... That's a very unpleasant tale from @princessgalaria. I am terribly sorry to hear about your predicament, but as what you have said, just move on with life. Hey wishing you and your husband a wonderful and blessed married life ahead!
DreMAx
post Apr 29 2015, 04:25 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 28 2015, 11:50 PM)
I wouldn't mind, just the Juliet would mind doh.gif
zhou86
post Apr 29 2015, 04:43 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 29 2015, 04:25 PM)
I wouldn't mind, just the Juliet would mind doh.gif
For my case, is not Juliet mind...is our parents haha, family too big liao. rclxub.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 30 2015, 09:52 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 29 2015, 04:43 PM)
For my case, is not Juliet mind...is our parents haha, family too big liao.  rclxub.gif
Nvrm one, as long as they don't kiam siap, you might actually earn from putting up a wedding tongue.gif
hahahha, kidding.
TSprincessgalaria
post Apr 30 2015, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 29 2015, 04:24 PM)
Oh my... That's a very unpleasant tale from @princessgalaria. I am terribly sorry to hear about your predicament, but as what you have said, just move on with life. Hey wishing you and your husband a wonderful and blessed married life ahead!
Thank you, but it's something that I can't change..
Felt like there's a heavy burden that's placed on me. I will still do my part if I could but I can't be pleasing every single individual, even though she's my so called MIL whether she acknowledge or not.. things would hv to be reasonable and not just comply blindly due to her own needs and wants which is never ending.
3rdEdition
post Apr 30 2015, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
191 posts

lol...this is not budget. from friend's experience, simple and budget all below 20k or even less
DreMAx
post Apr 30 2015, 10:52 AM

Nature's Best Music
3,793 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 29 2015, 04:43 PM)
For my case, is not Juliet mind...is our parents haha, family too big liao.  rclxub.gif
You and I have lots to think about man rclxub.gif I feel you smile.gif

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 30 2015, 09:54 AM)
Thank you, but it's something that I can't change..
Felt like there's a heavy burden that's placed on me. I will still do my part if I could but I can't be pleasing every single individual, even though she's my so called MIL whether she acknowledge or not.. things would hv to be reasonable and not just comply blindly due to her own needs and wants which is never ending.
Better to please yourself first before anyone else. It's selfish to do that but it's always better to be comfortable with our own circumstances before we deal with other people's circumstances. It's difficult to put into words, but this was what I was told a year ago. I was helping other so much that I neglect helping myself first. smile.gif
MandyG
post Apr 30 2015, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

Hi, somehow I understand your situation. Me and my hubby foot our own bill and angpow we keep. We never disclose to anyone included his parents about whether we earn or lose and how much the amount.. My MIL also roughly the same type or should be my PIL is roughly the same. My FIL knows how to drive but insist to wait my hubby come home and send him. My MIL only know stay at home, if always go out, she will at there complaint to my hubby about me going out too frequently and don't know how to save money..
TSprincessgalaria
post May 4 2015, 05:22 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(3rdEdition @ Apr 30 2015, 10:03 AM)
lol...this is not budget. from friend's experience, simple and budget all below 20k or even less
Then that's ur friend's version. This is the somewhat traditional Chinese style n still being able to keep in such budget
leslmz2000
post May 15 2015, 10:33 PM

14 posts

Is budget wedding even possible nowadays? hmm.gif

Since costs of living went up, I was thinking of hiring my own cousins and friends to do photography and videography, some can become emcee, while others can do the bridal makeup and other stuffs. icon_idea.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post May 19 2015, 12:57 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(leslmz2000 @ May 15 2015, 10:33 PM)
Is budget wedding even possible nowadays?  hmm.gif

Since costs of living went up, I was thinking of hiring my own cousins and friends to do photography and videography, some can become emcee, while others can do the bridal makeup and other stuffs.  icon_idea.gif
Why not? There's still a clear line between what's luxurious ie opting for hotel instead of a normal banquet etc.
Also there's premium photographers and those freelance which still on an affordable range.
Also, some things can be DIY or cut them off the list. Just need to plan them out carefully.
leslmz2000
post May 19 2015, 11:30 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ May 19 2015, 12:57 PM)
Why not? There's still a clear line between what's luxurious ie opting for hotel instead of a normal banquet etc.
Also there's premium photographers and those freelance which still on an affordable range.
Also, some things can be DIY or cut them off the list. Just need to plan them out carefully.
I concur. So far, we just want to do a simple wedding, ie, some hotel in Subang Jaya. Photography and videography will be done by my cousins and friends.

Invitation cards by my friend's company, coz he give me "good price."

Entertaintment and emcee duties goes to my friends. icon_idea.gif

Bride and groom dress from some place in Jalan Ipoh coz its "affordable." laugh.gif

Honeymoon we have decided to go to Italy. laugh.gif

Should have done it before GST. doh.gif

But nevermind la. Love is eternal and love can wait. Pokai a bit won't hurt (much). laugh.gif

TSprincessgalaria
post May 20 2015, 03:14 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(leslmz2000 @ May 19 2015, 11:30 PM)
I concur. So far, we just want to do a simple wedding, ie, some hotel in Subang Jaya. Photography and videography will be done by my cousins and friends.

Invitation cards by my friend's company, coz he give me "good price."

Entertaintment and emcee duties goes to my friends.  icon_idea.gif

Bride and groom dress from some place in Jalan Ipoh coz its "affordable."  laugh.gif

Honeymoon we have decided to go to Italy.  laugh.gif

Should have done it before GST.  doh.gif

But nevermind la. Love is eternal and love can wait. Pokai a bit won't hurt (much).  laugh.gif
Wah lau Italy yawn.gif yawn.gif
hahaha Italy cannot budget liao tongue.gif
homemark
post May 20 2015, 03:33 PM

Getting Started
134 posts

Wah Princess Galaria, salute to such a good & dedicated thread.

It's a pity this didn't exist during my wedding time 5 years ago, or else I would gonna study it religiously biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work and congrats to you and your husband...
leslmz2000
post May 21 2015, 03:24 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ May 20 2015, 03:14 PM)
Wah lau Italy yawn.gif yawn.gif
hahaha Italy cannot budget liao tongue.gif
brows.gif My budget only include wedding.

Honeymoon is different budget. icon_idea.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post May 25 2015, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(homemark @ May 20 2015, 03:33 PM)
Wah Princess Galaria, salute to such a good & dedicated thread.

It's a pity this didn't exist during my wedding time 5 years ago, or else I would gonna study it religiously biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work and congrats to you and your husband...
Haha, barely got time to update these days.
1 year to plan seemed like a long time, but time seems to fly and there's not enough time tongue.gif

QUOTE(leslmz2000 @ May 21 2015, 03:24 AM)
brows.gif My budget only include wedding.

Honeymoon is different budget.  icon_idea.gif
Hahaha, oh.. macam ni.
skylinelover
post May 29 2015, 07:18 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
7,855 posts

thanks 4 the thread here laugh.gif rclxms.gif

being singles working less than 3k salary 4 2 years already JB town i am planning 30k wedding JB town and 10k honeymoon in the future

i want 2 be the few who can open wedding day 4 less

i and hopefully my future spouse and my future in laws are the type who does not like splurging over 50k or even 100k just 4 1 day ceremony alone only

i also want 2 be the few that host buffet dinner only instead of restaurant like those malay weddings type

i just find chinese restaurant type dinner is way over rated and more 2 mark up profit scheme than 2 really celebrate the wedding laugh.gif doh.gif

these are one of the factors why so many chinese here refused 2 get married besides being obsessive career driven life doh.gif rclxub.gif unlike malays mostly as i tend 2 get 15 malay friend invites more than 5 chinese friend invites on average per year YIKES

This post has been edited by skylinelover: May 29 2015, 07:28 AM
skylinelover
post May 29 2015, 07:35 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
7,855 posts

QUOTE(Tony9113 @ Apr 28 2015, 07:27 PM)
Hi there! I`m already married. It was in May. We are really love this month! smile.gif  We had outdoor wedding, it was perfectly. My wife found a very interesting site with huge number of tips, ideas and more usefull things for a budget wedding click here We had a small and cozy wedding with guest list about 20 - 25 close friends. I liked it, I felt very comfortable. We had some cocktail party near pool. =) All guests really enjoyed it. The next day we went on a honeymoon trip. It was the best wedding (I think). I recommend you!
QUOTE(zhou86 @ Apr 28 2015, 11:50 PM)
haha that is exactly like my vision 4 my future wedding or holiding the malay wedding type which is big halal buffet and invite everyone to makan minus persandingan of course laugh.gif rclxms.gif
cute_miao
post Jun 28 2015, 06:21 AM

Look at MY STARS!!!!!!!!!
1,438 posts

Good steps for couples preparing for marriage

Thu,bs up
amandalpm
post Jun 28 2015, 06:51 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 17 2015, 03:33 PM)
I see, mine is 35 tables so there's no extra charge and they threw in FOC food tasting 10pax for me.

You called LYL ? Try Mutiara Palace. They were open to negotiation.
I heard from Kepong restaurants are good too.
Princessgalaria,

I really amazed by your research. I went to Jaya Palace survey the place,do you need to share the restaurant with others since the places can serve up to 80 tables?

The captain said most probably i need to share hall with people since i have less table....i worry the sharing environment will spoil my live band.
jasmineh2y
post Jun 28 2015, 11:47 PM

Nothing
1,086 posts

QUOTE(amandalpm @ Jun 28 2015, 06:51 PM)
Princessgalaria,

I really amazed by your research. I went to Jaya Palace survey the place,do you need to share the restaurant with others since the places can serve up to 80 tables?

The captain said most probably i need to share hall with people since i have less table....i worry the sharing environment will spoil my live band.
go look for smaller restaurants then you can have entire hall at least...
TSprincessgalaria
post Jun 29 2015, 01:45 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Princessgalaria,

Usually Jaya Palace you do need to share with others, Jaya is the Menara LYL one right?
Unless those are the dates that no one picks.

I picked Mutiara palace as the capacity is only 50+ to 60 max and I booked first, so the main hall is mine. Unless someone else want a smaller wedding like 20+ then they will release the other half with my confirmation that I have less than 35 tables. After committing 35 tables I can't reduce them anymore. Currently I said 30-35, so finger crossed that no one wants the smaller hall bcos their recep would be right behind and doesn't look good at all. So in all, good to plan early smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Jun 29 2015, 01:48 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(jasmineh2y @ Jun 28 2015, 11:47 PM)
go look for smaller restaurants then you can have entire hall at least...
Hmm, not many good ones available in Klang Valley, after much research the good ones with decent food usually accommodate up to 40up tables. Either your wedding is so big that you take everything, or you pick a date where no one will get married tongue.gif
Honestly I don't like sharing with others at all, makes the reception so messy. I opted for a smaller place and hoping that no one picks the same date, and if they do, 20+ tables is too small for them.
jasmineh2y
post Jun 29 2015, 01:55 PM

Nothing
1,086 posts

i choose moon palace which can accommodate 35-40 ppl.
for lesser, maybe you can go for garden wedding at lake side kelana jaya. i think it is nice...
flamephotography
post Jun 29 2015, 02:43 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

Princessgalaria,

Have you considered Oriental Pavilion at Jaya 33? They have a closed private section for around 10+ tables if I am not mistaken. Can go check it out.

Cheers..... icon_rolleyes.gif
yendy907
post Jul 3 2015, 07:07 AM

7 posts

Hi my dear .. who is ur make up artist on actual day?
jasmineh2y
post Jul 3 2015, 09:10 AM

Nothing
1,086 posts

i took the actual day makeup artist from Stareast. Take the all in one package from them.
TSprincessgalaria
post Jul 3 2015, 10:06 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(yendy907 @ Jul 3 2015, 07:07 AM)
Hi my dear .. who is ur make up artist on actual day?
This I'm really particular with, especially MUA, photographer and videographer on actual day because there will not be a take two for all these.
I picked Grace Wang, as I prefer airbrush which gives a much better finishing. I would say that kind of price is quite decent based on all the quotations I've obtained so far. There's 800 - 1k if you can accept the quality that they deliver since they're still kinda new in the industry.

I'm paying RM1300 for one morning and one night makeup with airbrush and the rest of the standard stuffs included. No extra charges for trial.
Some charge cheap but asked for RM250 for trial session. You gotta book her like much ahead because she's really hot in demand.

Listed as of of the top MUA here

http://www.gracewang-makeup.com/index.php?...e&id=9&Itemid=9

http://hilife.hishop.my/top-5-makeup-artists-in-malaysia/
xngjn
post Jul 3 2015, 03:18 PM

Regular
1,232 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What you mean by "Male side (To return)" and "Female side"?
after propose both side parent need to sit down to have discussion right? Normally discuss about what? Thank you
yendy907
post Jul 4 2015, 09:30 PM

7 posts

Thanks princessgalaria and jasmineh2y.. =)

Wanna ask is there any flat rate parking fee for guests if I wish to have my wedding dinner at Grand Palace @ Pavilion?
TSprincessgalaria
post Jul 6 2015, 10:36 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(xngjn @ Jul 3 2015, 03:18 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

What you mean by "Male side (To return)" and "Female side"?
after propose both side parent need to sit down to have discussion right? Normally discuss about what? Thank you
This whole list here is simplified version and for reference only. Depends solely on your parents and also the girl's side parents on what they are asking for.
Yes usually, both side of the parents will sit down and discuss but I didn't do so, just my hubby vs my family because there's a long story behind and no point letting a person just to ruin our marriage. Kinda deemed disrespectful to the bride if the groom's family don't even bother to come out to discuss things in detailed but lucky enough that my parents are open and cincai.

Things you discuss are like
1. Pin Kam, how much is the bride's family asking for
2. How many tables are you giving for the banquet (some ppl give a huge sum of pin kam then lesser tables, vice versa)
3. During GDL what are the things that must be included
4. Selection of date to get married, when to do GDL, bedding called an chuang
I guess that's all? Depends on both family most of the time.
TSprincessgalaria
post Jul 6 2015, 10:37 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(yendy907 @ Jul 4 2015, 09:30 PM)
Thanks princessgalaria and jasmineh2y.. =)

Wanna ask is there any flat rate parking fee for guests if I wish to have my wedding dinner at Grand Palace @ Pavilion?
Speak to the venue and asked them and see..
Wedding Moments
post Jul 11 2015, 10:34 PM

0 posts

Hi there!

You've found us!! If you have just popped the question to her, just said i do to him, engaged and a bride- to- be,you are in the right place!!!

Here at Wedding Moments,you'll find that this is the destination for all your wedding needs and ideas for the preparation of your big day!First, do check out and like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/weddingsmoment and follow us at our instagram @ Wedding__Moments

Therefore,we invite you to browse through our individually picked,creative selections of wedding favours,wedding props ,accessories, as well as our fairly affordable wedding decorations services in town ie photobooth decorations, registration/reception table decorations (based on the choice of your theme from rustic wedding,vintage or garden theme!) We, at Wedding Moments do welcome any queries so that we will try to accommodate any requests to provide the best solution and consultation to our clients by generating and creating wonderful wedding ideas with an absolutely affordable prices in town just for you.

Happy shopping ♥

Do check out our wedding decoration services and package details below. What are you waiting for?Contact us now!Whatsapp at 016 - 3947062 (SJ) or 017 -2658618 (RC)

Attached Image

Regards,
Wedding Moments team

This post has been edited by Wedding Moments: Jul 11 2015, 10:35 PM
purple_star123
post Jul 21 2015, 10:36 PM

17 posts

Nice Post! Thumbs up to TS!
kisashi
post Sep 7 2015, 05:03 PM

22 posts

Hi for Gowns part, usually i thought we can obtain it from pre-wedding studios. But i didnt know taobao offers such quality gowns ! (from your preview).

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now... rclxub.gif )

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 9 2015, 12:56 PM)
Gowns & Shoes

Gowns

Well, many would ask, are you serious? Buying a gown for your once in a lifetime wedding without trying at all?
Yea, my answer is that I am serious. And the other question is about quality wise that things are literally MADE IN CHINA.
Tell me which is not? Those you got from bridal gallery comes from China too, unless they're by some famous designers in Paris, Rome then I don't know la.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be reading here at all.

There are reasons why I choose to buy from taobao:
1. I'm relatively small size, therefore easier to fit in standard size (not showing off, just drawing comparison)
2. My mum is a tailor, therefore personal service la tongue.gif
3. I pay peanuts and I don't get monkey
4. I get to keep the gown as mine paying such price or sell them away later
5. They're not too bad after all

As of now that I've purchased 3 gowns from Taobao and how to taobao? That's a whole long set of instructions. If you want to know how, PM me and I have already written on a 'taobao guide'.

Well, all I said is that you need to do quite a bit of research, not quite feasible if you can't read mandarin.

I bought 4 gowns in total
Everything costed me about RM750 (That's what you paid for renting one gown here)

Gown 1
About RMB500 (RM270)
I was amazed at the quality of this very gown when I received. The gown is really beautiful with the back about 1m long.
Also adjustable strap on the back, makes that easier for adjustment. Only drawback is the tummy area which is super stiff and hard to sit down. I guess, most of the gowns are like that, just need to get used to this for few hours tongue.gif

Gown looks exactly like what they place on the website
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Gown 2
About RMB220 (About RM150)
This gown looks quite simple in actual but acceptable to me as I don't really want anything too grand in such a venue, not doing in hotel or what so ever.
Quality is not too bad and kinda like the back.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Shoes

To use for the second gown during the night
Bought this from Charles & Keith warehouse sales for about RM70-80
user posted image

To use for wedding photoshoot
Bought this from Tangs for only RM30, can you believe this? There's a corner in Tangs whereby they will put out all the shoes with minor defects or odd sizes at 80-90% off whereby their initial price tags are over RM1,000
From the photo, you barely see any defect was just a short line drawn by a pen and I don't mind since my photoshoot outdoor in the grass will dirty the shoes as well
user posted image

To use for the night with my white gown
This is like my best steal ever, just costed about RM120 initially price about RM1,000+
The very moment felt like Cinderalla found her glass slippers
user posted image
kisashi
post Sep 7 2015, 05:13 PM

22 posts

For Misc items below, all obtained from 1 shop, or mix from taobao? rclxm9.gif

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 11 2015, 09:53 AM)
Misc Items

Teapot set bought from
SS2 https://www.facebook.com/ss2uwedding?fref=ts
Friend got married they gave them vouchers so we were entitled for 30% off for this smile.gif
Total damage about RM50+
Didn't wanted something that looks too traditional because after that I won't be able to use them.

user posted image

Wrist flowers - Ji Muis to wear during the actual day morning
Real flowers are really heavy and expensive and the stem ended up cutting my hand previous and leaving a long scratch mark, so why not go for these?
Cheap only about RMB4 which means about RM2.50 each and looks so good

user posted image

Teddy bears
RMB58 which is about RM32 for a pair of 7-8" tall bears
Initially wanted to use for my bridal car, didn't expect the quality and everything to be so nice. Guess just gonna use as deco for our bed
user posted image

Bowties for HengDais to wear
The whole theme will be mint blue aka tiffany blue
The quality is pretty good, not the usual smooth type but with a bit of texture. RMB5+ which is about RM3 each
user posted image

Other misc decorations and stuffs

For glass decorations
user posted image

Ang Pau
user posted image
user posted image

Paper cup for minum teh
user posted image

Decorations
user posted image
Ms.Cocoa
post Sep 8 2015, 09:34 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kisashi @ Sep 7 2015, 05:03 PM)
Hi for Gowns part, usually i thought we can obtain it from pre-wedding studios. But i didnt know taobao offers such quality gowns ! (from your preview).

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now...  rclxub.gif )
Hi kisashi,

I have pre wedding photography package to let go. Let me know if you are interested wink.gif

flamephotography
post Sep 9 2015, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

So you skipped your pre-wedding or ? (wanted to know your survey on pre-wedding, as i'm having headache now...  rclxub.gif )
Dear Kisashi

Why crack your head for something that is suppose to be a fun, wonderful and memorable once in a life time thing to do. I understand that planning a wedding is no easy task. Is even harder or almost impossible if you have a very tight budget.

For your gown part, no doubt buying from taobao will sometimes be cheaper. But there is some horror stories that many wouldn't even want to share or mention about. But if you have the time and know what you are doing, by all means shop for your gown in taobao. But at the end of the day, are you actually saving on your cost? Not to mentioned the time and effort that you put into. And I have noticed that many brides who bought their own gowns, 2 or 3 of them will have a hard time storing them. And that leads to another problem, trying to sell it off. Another time consuming thing if you are working full time. In the end of the day, it really comes to whether is it worth all the effort and risk to save a few hundred bucks.

And if you got to have your pre wedding photo, you can set a side a budget. And choose the bridal house package according to your budget. Most bridal house basic package is slightly below 4k if you don't fall for the adding more photos, adding this and that syndrome. And that package will usually have most of what you need for your wedding. Gowns (during shooting and actual day), make up (during pre wedding photo shoot), accessories, man's attire, car flower decor, corsage, flower bouquet and others. Some even throw in a complimentary family portrait if you ask for it. But bare in mind that you will not be able to find a bridal house that is perfect. The key is to not put your expectation too high. And at the same time not to get cheated as well. Make sure that they gave you what is agreed upon during signing up. Is even better if you can get black and whites of the package. Something like an email conversation is even better. And try not to do those signing up today and shoot next year type of thing. The best is to sign up today and shoot ASAP while all the words and promises is still clear in yours and also the sales persons mind. In the end of the day, you just want to have your pre wedding photo shooting done in a budget. Is just like going to a restaurant just to fill up your stomach. We always notice that, the "happy ones are the ones who doesn't have high expectations".

(* Please note that this is not applicable for those who can afford for a lavish and grand gring grong pre wedding photo shooting)

Just my half cents worth...... icon_rolleyes.gif
DRESS2U
post Sep 9 2015, 03:14 PM

2 posts

[IMG]https://instagram.com/p/6ory6xIu0a/?taken-by=dress2u_kl[/url]

Evening dress for rent in KL

This post has been edited by DRESS2U: Sep 9 2015, 03:17 PM
NASUS31
post Sep 10 2015, 12:17 AM

22 posts

Thank you for this thread! its so helpful especially for us who are budgeting for a wedding!
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 09:48 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Yup you can get from pre-wedding studios too. But I thought that I could get my own gown at a much cheaper price and the gown belongs to me and perhaps I can sell them later and get back the same amount, maybe?

For my pre-wedding.. I opted for something simple, not from a bridal gallery, more of a half freelancer but they hv limited choices of gowns.
My package is like 2 gowns , 1 suit and 1 own casual attire. Indoor and outdoor shoot. The edited photos are about the same standard album, no limitation on poses (which I hate the most, prefer something more natural opting for quality photo more of just kept changing gowns) and all softcopies returned. Bridal gallery usually charge for each extra pieces that you want to add and your package from 3k would double fold. They're not the best, but I just wanted something simple. Actual day photography and videography is much more important, where I'm willing to fork out more for that.
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 09:50 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(kisashi @ Sep 7 2015, 05:13 PM)
For Misc items below, all obtained from 1 shop, or mix from taobao?  rclxm9.gif
Mostly above are from Taobao but some are local like teapots because they are fragile items.
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 10 2015, 10:20 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 9 2015, 12:16 PM)
Dear Kisashi

Why crack your head for something that is suppose to be a fun, wonderful and memorable once in a life time thing to do. I understand that planning a wedding is no easy task. Is even harder or almost impossible if you have a very tight budget.

For your gown part, no doubt buying from taobao will sometimes be cheaper. But there is some horror stories that many wouldn't even want to share or mention about. But if you have the time and know what you are doing, by all means shop for your gown in taobao. But at the end of the day, are you actually saving on your cost? Not to mentioned the time and effort that you put into. And I have noticed that many brides who bought their own gowns, 2 or 3 of them will have a hard time storing them. And that leads to another problem, trying to sell it off. Another time consuming thing if you are working full time. In the end of the day, it really comes to whether is it worth all the effort and risk to save a few hundred bucks.

And if you got to have your pre wedding photo, you can set a side a budget. And choose the bridal house package according to your budget. Most bridal house basic package is slightly below 4k if you don't fall for the adding more photos, adding this and that syndrome. And that package will usually have most of what you need for your wedding. Gowns (during shooting and actual day), make up (during pre wedding photo shoot), accessories, man's attire, car flower decor, corsage, flower bouquet and others. Some even throw in a complimentary family portrait if you ask for it. But bare in mind that you will not be able to find a bridal house that is perfect. The key is to not put your expectation too high. And at the same time not to get cheated as well. Make sure that they gave you what is agreed upon during signing up. Is even better if you can get black and whites of the package. Something like an email conversation is even better. And try not to do those signing up today and shoot next year type of thing. The best is to sign up today and shoot ASAP while all the words and promises is still clear in yours and also the sales persons mind. In the end of the day, you just want to have your pre wedding photo shooting done in a budget. Is just like going to a restaurant just to fill up your stomach. We always notice that, the "happy ones are the ones who doesn't have high expectations".

(* Please note that this is not applicable for those who can afford for a lavish and grand gring grong pre wedding photo shooting)

Just my half cents worth......  icon_rolleyes.gif
Budget - Firstly do come up with a budget sheet from Day 1 and try to stick as close as possible. Commit to savings and agreed since day1 and have a joint account for savings and do no touch any of those funds that are meant for wedding purpose.

Taobao - I agreed and would say that I did put in a lot of efforts searching for gowns and I have the luxury of time because I have a gap of a year plus to plan the wedding and do not make any overnight decision. And horror story is when you just buy without reading reviews carefully and talking to the seller which they can advice you on the size and also customise to yours at a very small fee. Also, there are ratings with the seller and I normally only choose those with a lot of crowns. I have also purchase dust bags specially to store my gown where you can zip up and they will turn into a bag with handle. I don't know about resale value but since the price is cheap, getting to sell them or not won't be such a pain in the end. And also my mum is a tailor, therefore I do not need to spend any extra cent or worry much if alteration is required. That's why majority still opted for bridal gallery since they can feel and touch and even try it on. So don't take the risk if you're unfamiliar with taobao and the hassle to find a good tailor to get the job done.

Bridal gallery - the reason why I didn't go for them is also due to personal reason that I didn't wanted it to be just a photoshoot with limited poses based by just changing into a lot of gowns. Most of my friends in the end would pay double because you find it so frustrating to pick photos and just ended up with paying more instead of ended up with arguments and regrets.
Man's attire is easily available via zara and G2000 when they are having sales. I got his with RM700 (full suit from top to bottom including the shirt inside).
Car deco I wanted it to be something different without using fresh flowers and I plan to do this on my own
Decoration in the restaurant is not really necessary for me, because it's just a small place and will just use their existing deco except the photobooth and recep table.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 12 2015, 06:02 PM

Casual
387 posts

hello.... smile.gif

just curious, when talking about weddings, which is more important in terms of budget, is it the wedding day budget itself, or the honeymoon?? which one??

oh, and princessgalaria, for your honeymoon, did you enjoy it with hubby just right after the day of your wedding, or waited for a few months after wedding day, then only honeymoon??

thx smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 13 2015, 01:10 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 12 2015, 06:02 PM)
hello.... smile.gif

just curious, when talking about weddings, which is more important in terms of budget, is it the wedding day budget itself, or the honeymoon?? which one??

oh, and princessgalaria, for your honeymoon, did you enjoy it with hubby just right after the day of your wedding, or waited for a few months after wedding day, then only honeymoon??

thx smile.gif
That's totally depending on both of you. Every one have different preferences. I would split both equally due to commitments that I will have to do the wedding ceremony rather than just going for a holiday. Of course we both definitely want a honeymoon as well.

I've not completed my wedding yet. We didn't plan to go right after because there are still petty things that we might need to settle after the wedding. And after taking a few days leave off work, can't go off for that long due to work commitments. Only will go for honeymoon like 1-2 months after settling everything. Don't wanna just go off and then leave things unsettled and still receive like tons of phone calls.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 13 2015, 01:32 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 13 2015, 01:10 AM)
That's totally depending on both of you. Every one have different preferences. I would split both equally due to commitments that I will have to do the wedding ceremony rather than just going for a holiday. Of course we both definitely want a honeymoon as well.

I've not completed my wedding yet. We didn't plan to go right after because there are still petty things that we might need to settle after the wedding. And after taking a few days leave off work, can't go off for that long due to work commitments. Only will go for honeymoon like 1-2 months after settling everything. Don't wanna just go off and then leave things unsettled and still receive like tons of phone calls.
waahh, your hubby should be proud to have such a responsible wife like you smile.gif

oh, so you're in engagement phase isit?? okay alright...

thanks for your info, and i hope you and your hubby both the best in your endeavours smile.gif

congratulations once again
kisashi
post Sep 13 2015, 04:29 AM

22 posts

thanks for the tips princessgalaria & flamephotography
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 15 2015, 10:40 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 13 2015, 01:32 AM)
waahh, your hubby should be proud to have such a responsible wife like you smile.gif

oh, so you're in engagement phase isit??  okay alright...

thanks for your info, and i hope you and your hubby both the best in your endeavours smile.gif

congratulations once again
Hmm we have already signed our papers just preparing for the wedding next year smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

chloe_yee87
post Sep 16 2015, 11:20 PM

Casual
367 posts

Double post

This post has been edited by chloe_yee87: Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM
chloe_yee87
post Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM

Casual
367 posts

Thanks for sharing TS! Truly insightful, planning to get most stuff from Taobao as well but with the current exchange rate, not sure if getting locally will be cheaper.. Anyway, I have a question, is it more advisable to book restaurant banquet during wedding fair, ie cheaper than normal or actually just marketing?
teikboon
post Sep 17 2015, 12:29 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM)
Thanks for sharing TS! Truly insightful, planning to get most stuff from Taobao as well but with the current exchange rate, not sure if getting locally will be cheaper.. Anyway, I have a question, is it more advisable to book restaurant banquet during wedding fair, ie cheaper than normal or actually just marketing?
Not just wedding banquet. How about other things offered during wedding fair as well? Is it really cheaper?
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 17 2015, 09:55 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(chloe_yee87 @ Sep 16 2015, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE(teikboon @ Sep 17 2015, 12:29 AM)
Not just wedding banquet. How about other things offered during wedding fair as well? Is it really cheaper?
For me, not really. Wedding fairs make you fall for some impulsive decision especially those pre wedding packages, they will keep selling you that promo only valid for today and then at the end you bought and realise have to top up for a bit which is the same. If you really hv the time, I suggest you really sit back and consider and compare first.

The things for taobao already more expensive.. compared to when I first started years ago the exchange rate was /2 and now only /1.5
I bought most of my things when the exchange rate is still at /1.75
zhou86
post Sep 17 2015, 04:01 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 17 2015, 09:55 AM)
For me, not really. Wedding fairs make you fall for some impulsive decision especially those pre wedding packages, they will keep selling you that promo only valid for today and then at the end you bought and realise have to top up for a bit which is the same. If you really hv the time, I suggest you really sit back and consider and compare first.
This is very true, same goes for those travel fair if you're planning for honeymoon. I went to Matta Fair to check out ticket price, and ask around, quite panic because flight tickets to where we plan to go are selling out fast, but decided not to buy at Matta fair. Ended up checking online, managed to get even cheaper flight, plus its direct flight. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by zhou86: Sep 17 2015, 04:02 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 17 2015, 04:06 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 17 2015, 04:01 PM)
This is very true, same goes for those travel fair if you're planning for honeymoon. I went to Matta Fair to check out ticket price, and ask around, quite panic because flight tickets to where we plan to go are selling out fast, but decided not to buy at Matta fair. Ended up checking online, managed to get even cheaper flight, plus its direct flight.  rclxms.gif
My honeymoon tickets to Australia from AA only costed RM800 for two way two person excluding insurance and luggage. Itinerary self plan one hahaha.. save money.
zhou86
post Sep 17 2015, 04:10 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 17 2015, 04:06 PM)
My honeymoon tickets to Australia from AA only costed RM800 for two way two person excluding insurance and luggage. Itinerary self plan one hahaha.. save money.
Nice! rclxms.gif

Yeah itinerary for honeymoon better plan own self coz honeymoon is meant to be relaxing and casual, spending quality time with each other. smile.gif
MeToo
post Sep 17 2015, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,921 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 17 2015, 04:01 PM)
This is very true, same goes for those travel fair if you're planning for honeymoon. I went to Matta Fair to check out ticket price, and ask around, quite panic because flight tickets to where we plan to go are selling out fast, but decided not to buy at Matta fair. Ended up checking online, managed to get even cheaper flight, plus its direct flight.  rclxms.gif
use "Google Flight".

I find it very good for flight planning/checking
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 17 2015, 07:59 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 17 2015, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 17 2015, 04:10 PM)
Nice! rclxms.gif

Yeah itinerary for honeymoon better plan own self coz honeymoon is meant to be relaxing and casual, spending quality time with each other. smile.gif
eerrmm, just asking here;

for honeymoon, usually where you guys pick, Asian countries (Japan, Korea), or European countries (France, Spain) or Western (US,Canada)???

and most importantly, what's the duration, minimum 7 days is it??

thx for your answer
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 18 2015, 12:42 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 17 2015, 07:59 PM)

for honeymoon, usually where you guys pick, Asian countries (Japan, Korea), or European countries (France, Spain) or Western (US,Canada)???

thx for your answer
Honeymoon's destination is definitely a very... subjective question. Subject to you and your partner, what you guys like to do?
And yes I am going off for 7 days. Since we have dated, we hv not gone anywhere for more than 3 nights due to some prior commitment here. So this is like a once and for all we gotta do it for ourselves.

I hv friend who went to Vietnam cos they like the cultural side, I hv friends that went to Bali due to budget issue and I hv friends that will be going to Europe for 3 weeks.. different for each and every couple. Myself and my partner love scenery and beach over cities, and somewhere that we could take road trips and enjoy the company together. That's the reason that we picked Perth amongst everything. Also, I'm familiar with that place and I would really love to go back to an island called Rottnest. In all, we prefer a slow and chilling trip and not those like theme park, city shopping etc. So the answer is really up to both of you.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 18 2015, 09:10 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 18 2015, 12:42 AM)
Honeymoon's destination is definitely a very... subjective question. Subject to you and your partner, what you guys like to do?
And yes I am going off for 7 days. Since we have dated, we hv not gone anywhere for more than 3 nights due to some prior commitment here. So this is like a once and for all we gotta do it for ourselves.

I hv friend who went to Vietnam cos they like the cultural side, I hv friends that went to Bali due to budget issue and I hv friends that will be going to Europe for 3 weeks.. different for each and every couple. Myself and my partner love scenery and beach over cities, and somewhere that we could take road trips and enjoy the company together. That's the reason that we picked Perth amongst everything. Also, I'm familiar with that place and I would really love to go back to an island called Rottnest. In all, we prefer a slow and chilling trip and not those like theme park, city shopping etc. So the answer is really up to both of you.
oh, OK nice informative advice.... thanks smile.gif

but i also wanna ask,for this honeymoon, is it a MUST???
what if either 1 of couple is recluse and/or is a person that don't like to go out vacation?

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Sep 18 2015, 09:27 AM
zhou86
post Sep 18 2015, 10:49 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 17 2015, 07:59 PM)

thx for your answer
For me, we picked a rather expensive destination (London/Iceland), because its one of our bucket list, and what better way to tick it off with a honeymoon. Oh we are going for 2 weeks, and as mentioned, we managed to get rather good flight pricing for direct to London.

But the exchange rate is really killing us...

Honeymoon destination is really subjective, as said, its really somewhere both of you want to go together. And its not a must, but its a good way to kickstart the marriage, getting to know each other much more intimately in a relaxing and casual environment, without anyone else you know around you.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 18 2015, 01:53 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 18 2015, 10:49 AM)
For me, we picked a rather expensive destination (London/Iceland), because its one of our bucket list, and what better way to tick it off with a honeymoon. Oh we are going for 2 weeks, and as mentioned, we managed to get rather good flight pricing for direct to London.

But the exchange rate is really killing us...

Honeymoon destination is really subjective, as said, its really somewhere both of you want to go together. And its not a must, but its a good way to kickstart the marriage, getting to know each other much more intimately in a relaxing and casual environment, without anyone else you know around you.
i see......

me thought that it's a tradition/custom to do that...... thanks for explaining yours itinerary, and hope you have fun smile.gif
zhou86
post Sep 18 2015, 02:11 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 18 2015, 01:53 PM)
i see......

me thought that it's a tradition/custom to do that...... thanks for explaining yours itinerary, and hope you have fun smile.gif
Thanks, we will be going during winter...so it will be a unique experience. tongue.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 21 2015, 09:43 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 18 2015, 01:53 PM)
i see......

There's nothing such as 'tradition' if there are, not many of us really care or follow anymore.
So just do whatever that's more comfortable with u both
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 21 2015, 12:36 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 18 2015, 02:11 PM)
Thanks, we will be going during winter...so it will be a unique experience. tongue.gif
QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 21 2015, 09:43 AM)
There's nothing such as 'tradition' if there are, not many of us really care or follow anymore.
So just do whatever that's more comfortable with u both
i see i see. thanks for clear my doubts away

hope you all and your love ones will enjouy your honeymoon notworthy.gif
zhou86
post Sep 21 2015, 04:41 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 21 2015, 12:36 PM)
i see i see. thanks for clear my doubts away

hope you all and your love ones will enjouy your honeymoon notworthy.gif
Thank you! rclxms.gif
murielbutler
post Sep 22 2015, 05:45 PM

0 posts

Thanks for sharing.
WeddingStuff
post Sep 23 2015, 01:08 AM

25 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 18 2015, 09:10 AM)
oh, OK nice informative advice.... thanks smile.gif

but i also wanna ask,for this honeymoon, is it a MUST???
what if either 1 of couple is recluse and/or is a person that don't like to go out vacation?
Going traveling is not a must for honeymoon, but most people do it anyway.

If one half is hard core traveler and the other one is recluse, then susah la. Couples should only marry if they are compatible.
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 23 2015, 01:18 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(WeddingStuff @ Sep 23 2015, 01:08 AM)
Going traveling is not a must for honeymoon, but most people do it anyway.

If one half is hard core traveler and the other one is recluse, then susah la. Couples should only marry if they are compatible.
aiikkk, but me thought couples are meant to complete each other no???

like for example, my friend, he's strict, serious minded and quite boring.... but his gf is cheer, fun and nice attitude.....

but they both get along well....

maybe it's just me lulz

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Sep 23 2015, 01:19 AM
TSprincessgalaria
post Sep 23 2015, 09:59 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 23 2015, 01:18 AM)

like for example, my friend, he's strict, serious minded and quite boring.... but his gf is cheer, fun and nice attitude.....

maybe it's just me lulz
Depends, I am more of looking for a compatible person who likes to do things with me together and also the things that we enjoy doing together.
My partner and I share the same results while we were working together in the same company and so far among 100 person, I was surprise to see that only he and myself share the same thing. We are different in some ways as in he is bad in planning and I am good, I am really bad on roads and direction so in that sense we make the best travel partner in terms to complete each other. But I do agree that both must hv some common interest and grounds to share a life together or else everything will end up in arguments.
flamephotography
post Sep 23 2015, 01:33 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 23 2015, 01:18 AM)

maybe it's just me lulz
In fairy tales land, yes. But in reality, I would not count on it. Some people said, it even adds on to your problems. Don't ever get married because you felt that your life is not complete and need the other second half. Get married only when you know you are complete and ready to take on another relationship commitment.

Just my half cents worth............ Cheers........ icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by flamephotography: Sep 23 2015, 03:19 PM
zhou86
post Sep 23 2015, 01:37 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 23 2015, 01:33 PM)
In fairy tales land, yes. But in reality, I would not count on it. Some people said, it even adds on to your problems. Don't ever get married because you felt that your life is not complete and need the other second half. Get married only when you know you are complete and ready to take on another reation ship commitment.

Just my half cents worth............ Cheers........  icon_rolleyes.gif
Nice, good advice. rclxms.gif

Go into a relationship knowing you are capable of taking care of others, and not needing others to take care of you. If both think like that, then it will be a happy relationship...
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 23 2015, 01:51 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 23 2015, 09:59 AM)
Depends, I am more of looking for a compatible person who likes to do things with me together and also the things that we enjoy doing together.
My partner and I share the same results while we were working together in the same company and so far among 100 person, I was surprise to see that only he and myself share the same thing. We are different in some ways as in he is bad in planning and I am good, I am really bad on roads and direction so in that sense we make the best travel partner in terms to complete each other. But I do agree that both must hv some common interest and grounds to share a life together or else everything will end up in arguments.
wah....so deep...

now i see on what you mean by complete each other, its like make up to either one's weakness right?? and yes, i agree also, without common interests,the couple cannot overlap each other and so, they can't able to understand each other, so common interests is also important.....

thanks for explaining notworthy.gif
Kanan Jarrus
post Sep 23 2015, 02:02 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 23 2015, 01:33 PM)
In fairy tales land, yes. But in reality, I would not count on it. Some people said, it even adds on to your problems. Don't ever get married because you felt that your life is not complete and need the other second half. Get married only when you know you are complete and ready to take on another reation ship commitment.

Just my half cents worth............ Cheers........  icon_rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(zhou86 @ Sep 23 2015, 01:37 PM)
Nice, good advice.  rclxms.gif

Go into a relationship knowing you are capable of taking care of others, and not needing others to take care of you. If both think like that, then it will be a happy relationship...
i see, wah, you both must have experience sweet relationship with your couple before, no wonder can give so deep and enlightening advice smile.gif

yeah,@ flamephotography advice's remind me of someone in internet that says that "even if you yourself are not content and not be able to make yourself happy, then how others are going to make you happy??''...

@zhou86, so, relationship is about "giving " and not "taking", is this what you trying to say?

like many couple nowadays expecting great things from their bf/gf, but end up get disappointing, because they didn't get what they expected(like care, affection etc....), is it??

sorry for asking too much stupid questions.. sweat.gif
zhou86
post Sep 23 2015, 02:06 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 23 2015, 02:02 PM)
i see, wah, you both must have experience sweet relationship with your couple before, no wonder can give so deep and enlightening advice smile.gif

yeah,@ flamephotography advice's remind me of someone in internet that says that "even if you yourself are not content and not be able to make yourself happy, then how others are going to make you happy??''...

@zhou86, so, relationship is about "giving " and not "taking", is this what you trying to say?

like many couple nowadays expecting great things from their bf/gf, but end up get disappointing, because they didn't get what they expected(like care, affection etc....), is it??

sorry for asking too much stupid questions.. sweat.gif
Yup, relationship is always about giving, always in the mindset of "what can I do to build him/her up?" "how can I be a better person for him/her?". If both side think like that, the relationship will always grow and be stable.

If the mindset is "What can I get out of this relationship?" "What benefit can I get?" then it will lead to disaster because of unfulfilled and unrealistic expectations. Expectations is a major issue in relationships, not to say its wrong to have expectations, but its important to share each other's expectations and what is realistic and what is not.

I heard a saying..."Marriage is not a 50/50 relationship, its a 100/100 relationship", meaning its not both side doing 50% each in the relationship, but its both side giving 100% to the relationship. smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 1 2015, 11:51 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

DIY

There are many things that you could DIY on your own for the wedding. That's if you allow yourself to have at least a year's buffer to do the planning, which I also felt that time is really running short now. And I have a passion on doing such things, I really do love art crafts. I admit that I am such a perfectionist as well that I prefer to have things done by myself instead of paying a wedding planner and to feel that it is not the way I want. Also, the cost for all these are really cheap it's more of just time and efforts.

DIY wedding guest 'book'

Wedding guest books are so old fashioned and boring at times.
So I did some google and pinterest and found these:
user posted image

and I did a version of my own. I am still cutting those love shapes until now biggrin.gif

user posted image

So how this works is that guest will sign on the love shape drop inside the frame and then fill them up.

Cardboards - FOC some left overs somewhere

Frame - Ikea
http://www.ikea.com/my/en/catalog/products/20167616/

To create buffer between the frame and the back so that the thickness is just right for the love to be dropped inside - Foam tapes
user posted image

As for the middle part, I use foam paper to cut a love and then strings as decoration, these materials are widely available at any stationary shops.

Stop motion save the date video

user posted image

Drew and cut these figuring out to make a stop motion video of us, something like save the date.
Then I use iMovie to stitch about 100-200 frames up and created the video, these took me about 2-3 months to complete after a few nights of hard work.

Sorry, due to privacy I am not gonna post my video up here.

Banner for photoshoot and backdrop
Also got this idea of google/pintest
user posted image

Did my own version for the photoshoot and then to reuse for my photobooth backdrop
user posted image

These printables are easily available in Google, just do a search and find the ones that you like

Bridal Car Decorations
I am also planning to do my own bridal car's decorations with stuffs that I got off from Taobao
We plan to get a range rover defender that looks super rugged and top with a chinese ala western style
user posted image

Here's the actual photo of the front part of the car
user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:35 AM
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 1 2015, 04:12 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 1 2015, 11:51 AM)
DIY

There are many things that you could DIY on your own for the wedding. That's if you allow yourself to have at least a year's buffer to do the planning, which I also felt that time is really running short now. And I have a passion on doing such things, I really do love art crafts. I admit that I am such a perfectionist as well that I prefer to have things done by myself instead of paying a wedding planner and to feel that it is not the way I want. Also, the cost for all these are really cheap it's more of just time and efforts.

DIY wedding guest 'book'

Wedding guest books are so old fashioned and boring at times.
So I did some google and pinterest and found these:
user posted image

and I did a version of my own. I am still cutting those love shapes until now biggrin.gif

user posted image

So how this works is that guest will sign on the love shape drop inside the frame and then fill them up.

Cardboards - FOC some left overs somewhere

Frame - Ikea
http://www.ikea.com/my/en/catalog/products/20167616/

To create buffer between the frame and the back so that the thickness is just right for the love to be dropped inside - Foam tapes
user posted image

As for the middle part, I use foam paper to cut a love and then strings as decoration, these materials are widely available at any stationary shops.

Stop motion save the date video

user posted image

Drew and cut these figuring out to make a stop motion video of us, something like save the date.
Then I use iMovie to stitch about 100-200 frames up and created the video, these took me about 2-3 months to complete after a few nights of hard work.

Sorry, due to privacy I am not gonna post my video up here.

Banner for photoshoot and backdrop
Also got this idea of google/pintest
user posted image

Did my own version for the photoshoot and then to reuse for my photobooth backdrop
user posted image

These printables are easily available in Google, just do a search and find the ones that you like

Bridal Car Decorations
I am also planning to do my own bridal car's decorations with stuffs that I got off from Taobao
We plan to get a range rover defender that looks super rugged and top with a chinese ala western style
user posted image

No photo to show because belum done yet
wah, me notice that from the stop motion video picture, you draw a picture of boy and girl in school uniform... do this means that you already recognised your hubby since school years???

oh ya, your wedding guest book is very creative rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Oct 1 2015, 04:13 PM
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 1 2015, 04:12 PM)
wah, me notice that from the stop motion video picture, you draw a picture of boy and girl in school uniform... do this means that you already recognised your hubby since school years???

oh ya, your wedding guest book is very creative rclxms.gif
If you don't mind reading my long story.

Hmm yea, we didn't know that when we got together. That time we thought we met each other at our workplace.
Then after about a year, we were on our way back and suddenly there was this old distinguished red van on the road and I pointed and said that hey I used to take a similar van during my primary days. Then he was like hey, I used to take that van too. Then we went more in depth, memories was vague and then realised that we actually know each other and sat in the same van for about a year. I discovered that he was the chubby boy who was always late for school and made us wait, and he sort of remembered this timid lil girl who always fall down and ended up with bleeding knee walking back to the van.

Sounds like a typical drama love story.
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 08:24 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM)

Hmm yea, we didn't know that when we got together. That time we thought we met each other at our workplace.
Then after about a year, we were on our way back and suddenly there was this old distinguished red van on the road and I pointed and said that hey I used to take a similar van during my primary days. Then he was like hey, I used to take that van too. Then we went more in depth, memories was vague and then realised that we actually know each other and sat in the same van for about a year. I discovered that he was the chubby boy who was always late for school and made us wait, and he sort of remembered this timid lil girl who always fall down and ended up with bleeding knee walking back to the van.

Haha, very nice! rclxms.gif
LoveMeNot
post Oct 2 2015, 09:25 AM

Live . Laugh . Love
1,710 posts

Babe, I really salute you and your hubby enthusiasm and determination to keep things under budget. Only 1-2 out of 10 couples would willing to go through such DIY. It requires lots of hard work + continuous creative juice flowing + teamwork from both partners. Keep the spirit going! You've really inspire me, and I'm sure many others too. Fits perfectly the saying "when there's a will, there's a way"

All the best!
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 12:53 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 01:48 AM)

waahh, very nice story!! biggrin.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 2 2015, 04:39 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 08:24 AM)
Haha, very nice!  rclxms.gif
Thanks !

QUOTE(LoveMeNot @ Oct 2 2015, 09:25 AM)
Babe, I really salute you and your hubby enthusiasm and determination to keep things under budget. Only 1-2 out of 10 couples would willing to go through such DIY. It requires lots of hard work + continuous creative juice flowing + teamwork from both partners. Keep the spirit going! You've  really inspire me, and I'm sure many others too. Fits perfectly the saying "when there's a will, there's a way"

All the best!
Thanks smile.gif My hubby did most of the house DIY and I did most of the wedding's DIY and planning.
As long as both is willing, there must be a way.

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 12:53 PM)
waahh, very nice story!! biggrin.gif
Paiseh...
Really cracked my brain putting them into a stop motion video
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 05:22 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 2 2015, 04:39 PM)
Thanks !
Thanks smile.gif My hubby did most of the house DIY and I did most of the wedding's DIY and planning.
As long as both is willing, there must be a way.
Paiseh...
Really cracked my brain putting them into a stop motion video
hello there,....

if remember correctly, you say that you sign papers already and now only waiting for wedding in next year izit??

so, when you say sign the papers do you mean the ROM?? but normally people will choose date(rom) that are nearer to wedding mah not meh?? unsure.gif

thanks
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 06:02 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 05:22 PM)
hello there,....

if remember correctly, you say that you sign papers already and now only waiting for wedding in next year izit??

so, when you say sign the papers do you mean the ROM?? but normally people will choose date(rom) that are nearer to wedding mah not meh?? unsure.gif

thanks
Yeah, but depends on the couple. I got friend already sign, but now only start planning the reception.

As for me, I sign and reception on the same day. Church ceremony morning (sign), but evening/night reception.
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 06:35 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 06:02 PM)
Yeah, but depends on the couple. I got friend already sign, but now only start planning the reception.

As for me, I sign and reception on the same day. Church ceremony morning (sign), but evening/night reception.
ohhh i see.....

so what you mean is ROM & wedding ceremony/banquet at same day is it??

i see.... but sometimes don't you think that ROM take a lot of your time, so, in the end, making you and your wife tired( if occur in same day with reception)?? hope the process is not long/tedious tho...

This post has been edited by Kanan Jarrus: Oct 2 2015, 06:36 PM
zhou86
post Oct 2 2015, 08:22 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 06:35 PM)
ohhh i see.....

so what you mean is ROM & wedding ceremony/banquet at same day is it??

i see.... but sometimes don't you  think that ROM take a lot of your time, so, in the end, making you and your wife tired( if occur in same day with reception)?? hope the process is not long/tedious tho...
Yeah same day. The signing of ROM is part of the wedding ceremony in Church. Haha wedding day is always tiring, it's the excitement and adrenaline that keeps you going. You need to learn how to calm yourself & not to stress everything yourself, get people to help you.
Many couples overtire themselves, and got sick right after the wedding day, and if they go honeymoon immediately... More cham, sick during honeymoon. sad.gif
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 2 2015, 08:39 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 2 2015, 08:22 PM)
Yeah same day. The signing of ROM is part of the wedding ceremony in Church. Haha wedding day is always tiring, it's the excitement and adrenaline that keeps you going. You need to learn how to calm yourself & not to stress everything yourself, get people to help you.
Many couples overtire themselves, and got sick right after the wedding day, and if they go honeymoon immediately... More cham, sick during honeymoon. sad.gif
yeah haha lol....

sorry for asking stupid questions zz.... I'm very ignorant about the ROM thing....

so, for signing the ROM, need how long?? are there any other things 2 do like, give oath or something.....???

oh ya, very tiring lol, some i see is that the bride and groom prepare from almost 3am to night within a day just for the weddings ceremony!!

and me wanna ask, especially for Christian like you & your wife, when you both walk the aisle, do you both kiss?? unsure.gif

idk if Chinese wedding got couple kiss or not, i mean is like kiss in front of ppl, family, friends etc.....maybe princessgalaria know about this.....

if you kiss your bride/groom in front of all people, don't you feel shy??? sometimes got ppl shy until red face and pengsan........ blink.gif
zhou86
post Oct 3 2015, 12:07 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 2 2015, 08:39 PM)
yeah haha lol....

sorry for asking stupid questions zz.... I'm very ignorant about the ROM thing....

so, for signing the ROM, need how long?? are there any other things 2 do like, give oath or something.....???

oh ya, very tiring lol, some i see is that the bride and groom prepare from almost 3am to night within a day just for the weddings ceremony!!

and me wanna ask, especially for Christian like you & your wife, when you both walk the aisle, do you both kiss?? unsure.gif

idk if Chinese wedding got couple kiss or not, i mean is like kiss in front of ppl, family, friends etc.....maybe princessgalaria know about this.....

if you kiss your bride/groom in front of all people, don't you feel shy??? sometimes got ppl shy until red face and pengsan........ blink.gif
Haha your questions are not stupid at all, interesting questions.

I see typical ROM just oath, then sign and exchange ring, with witness and the person in charge of the registration. That's all.

For Church signing, usually is the minister or pastor who officiates it. For Christian wedding, after the whole thing, the minister/pastor would say "You can kiss the bride", then will kiss lor, before walking out of the church in the wedding march as husband and wife.

Haha, sure got shy abit lar...Malaysian culture, but is officially husband and wife already, have to get used to it I guess. smile.gif
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 3 2015, 12:15 AM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Oct 3 2015, 12:07 AM)
Haha your questions are not stupid at all, interesting questions.

I see typical ROM just oath, then sign and exchange ring, with witness and the person in charge of the registration. That's all.

For Church signing, usually is the minister or pastor who officiates it. For Christian wedding, after the whole thing, the minister/pastor would say "You can kiss the bride", then will kiss lor, before walking out of the church in the wedding march as husband and wife.

Haha, sure got shy abit lar...Malaysian culture, but is officially husband and wife already, have to get used to it I guess. smile.gif
owwhhh, nice answer, thanks rclxms.gif

and hey, remember to kiss your wifu everyday lol,....you nid some " glue" to strengthen the bond, so yeah....... smile.gif
zhou86
post Oct 3 2015, 12:24 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 3 2015, 12:15 AM)
owwhhh, nice answer, thanks rclxms.gif

and hey, remember to kiss your wifu everyday lol,....you nid some " glue" to strengthen the bond, so yeah....... smile.gif
Haha yes, thanks for the reminder. nod.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 8 2015, 10:34 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Invitation Card

I admit that I am a perfectionist in many ways especially when comes to small details.
So I just created more work for myself to do. These are to be use for the wedding invitation cards, stamped front and back with the seal.
And another stamp made just for the table number cards. As I find these pretty useful, because the moment I registered myself and after chatting with friends, I totally forgot about my table number sad.gif

user posted image

The customised stamps are from here
https://www.facebook.com/ikahwinstore/?fref=ts

Please see their price list here
Pricelist

I did the design on my own

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:38 AM
Kanan Jarrus
post Oct 10 2015, 05:53 PM

Casual
387 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Oct 8 2015, 10:34 AM)
Invitation Card

I admit that I am a perfectionist in many ways especially when comes to small details.
So I just created more work for myself to do. These are to be use for the wedding invitation cards, stamped front and back with the seal.
And another stamp made just for the table number cards. As I find these pretty useful, because the moment I registered myself and after chatting with friends, I totally forgot about my table number sad.gif

user posted image
waah, very nice & creative rclxms.gif

but if compare all these made by your own with buying from outside, then which is more worth it interms of time & money???

some ppl don't have time to prepare all the necessary preparations, so, that's a trouble in itself too.... unsure.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 12 2015, 10:01 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Oct 10 2015, 05:53 PM)
waah, very nice & creative rclxms.gif

but if compare all these made by your own with buying from outside, then which is more worth it interms of time & money???

some ppl don't have time to prepare all the necessary preparations, so, that's a trouble in itself too.... unsure.gif
Experience that counts and the satisfaction.
If you don't have time then you will hv to pay people to get it done, I prefer to go hands on with my own things. That's the main reason of the thread - budget wedding.
TSprincessgalaria
post Oct 26 2015, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Pre-Wedding Photography

Nowadays there are many who doesn't wanna do a whole tedious set of pre-wedding photography, but they just wanted something simple instead of like changing into many different colourful gowns that looks like a fashion shoot more than wedding photos. Ugh, personally I hate those gowns in purple, yellow, green that look horrible. I also opted for something that's less burdened to the pocket and just a simple shoot that focus more on the couple more than just going to different locations. I surveyed for quite a free freelance photographers but I've not went into any bridal store because I've heard many bad experience in topping up afterwards and also they don't usually give you back all the soft copies. Usually the gowns also limited, and you need to pay more for the premium ones.

I am pretty cincai, so don't expect any other brides to be the same as everyone have their own liking. As for my own opinion that the album may end up somewhere in the corner filled with dust, I just wanted something simple and good enough. Also not required to travel overseas, as mentioned this thread is called budget wedding.

Looking up and down for quotations and I finally settle with one during early March this year.

RM2588+150(outstation) Package includes:
2 gowns provided and 1 casual, own wear
Suit but I decided to wear our own
Indoor and outdoor shoot in one day
Makeup and hairstyle, 3 styles
1 crystal album and photocards
All softcopies in 5R return and 35 chosen ones in hi-res

*The price I booked was before GST and was earlier this year, the price have went up slightly for now.

Review:
We are really satisfied with the photos. There are in total of about 400+ photos that we took on that day which took us about 3-4 hours, not including the makeup and hairdo session earlier which is about 1.5-2 hours. Really had a hard time picking out 35 photos out of the 400+ and in the end we paid extra RM90 for 3 photos.

They're a really nice couple and we had quiet a bit of fun taking the photos whilst doing the poses. They don't have a lot of selection on gowns, so don't put such high expectations like bridal house and I've picked 2 gowns out of 5 that I've tried (yes i memang cincai as long as the gown looks good on me). But the gowns are relatively simple and beautiful compared to those in the bridal house with tons of layers which is used like 30years ago. 1 gown is allowed for outdoor and the other long one is only limited to indoor. Then we prepared our own casual jeans wear with matching sport shoes. Poses were not limited like what the bridal house does, and we did quiet a bit of shots all around the resort.

Overall, with the price paid, we have nothing to complaint about but we are very satisfied customer and happy with the outcome which is just what we wanted - simple, natural, casual. We couldn't ask for more for the price that was paid. Bridal house easily charge you for RM5-7k for these. We also receive much compliments from friends and relatives that they photos are so well taken. I have yet to receive my full soft copies and album, but here are some previews that was taken from Facebook. Please do not copy these images without our permission.

user posted image

Our initial plan was to have our photoshoot done in a famous retreat located in Bangsar. However, they have way too many requirements, not so accommodative and extra charges for photoshoot. Also, many people have already done their photoshoot at the same place. So we changed our mind and discovered this place which was not too far away from the city. Also the very famous place S******G is pretty rundown and the upkeep is not that well afterall.

We didn't recce on the place and just booked based on the reviews and photos on social media. There were some hiccups upon arrival, power failure for a bit and Wifi was over the quota but glad that everything turned out well including the outcome of the photos. The scenery was great minus the haze and the place was really clean. The workers were really friendly and provided us with most of the things we needed too. There were so many monkeys around and they stole our meatballs sad.gif In all, we were glad that we found this place for our wedding photoshoot before it became mainstream for now.

If you would like to find more about the place and my pre-wedding photography, kindly refer to the below:
Templers Park Rainforest Retreat

VanessaMoon Photography
They usually reply your FB message within the day.

Pre-Wedding Photographs

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by princessgalaria: Aug 7 2017, 10:59 AM
CyaNide27
post Nov 7 2015, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

speaking of budget wedding, is there any non-peak or peak months/seasons for weddings?
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 7 2015, 03:46 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Nov 7 2015, 03:37 PM)
speaking of budget wedding, is there any non-peak or peak months/seasons for weddings?
Yes, during the chinese "qing bing" and also ghost month, usually you will get more freebies ie buy 10 tables and free 1-2 or luncheon which should be cheaper or during weekdays. I am not sure about hotels.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 7 2015, 04:06 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

Posted with new updates on prewedding photography
CyaNide27
post Nov 8 2015, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Nov 7 2015, 03:46 PM)
Yes, during the chinese "qing bing" and also ghost month, usually you will get more freebies ie buy 10 tables and free 1-2 or luncheon which should be cheaper or during weekdays. I am not sure about hotels.
But i think chinese will be super pantang about those dates... Whats the next best option? I heard nov n dec is definitely a peak season, is it?
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 9 2015, 12:30 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(CyaNide27 @ Nov 8 2015, 05:27 PM)
But i think chinese will be super pantang about those dates... Whats the next best option? I heard nov n dec is definitely a peak season, is it?
If pantang then no choice lo, there's no other best options. There won't be free deals around. If they are also, you gotta becareful. Maybe try going to wedding fairs, my friend got a deal like 20 tables free 1 or something like that for Unique Seafood. Yes year end is always filled with wedding, therefore you need to book at least a year ahead to get the place.
the99percent1
post Nov 25 2015, 12:13 AM

Casual
381 posts

Lol.. my wedding, I actually made money.. how much? A very nice 10k ringgit... Not some cincai wedding summore.. A proper wedding. will share my secrets when have time to write.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 25 2015, 10:00 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Nov 25 2015, 12:13 AM)
Lol.. my wedding, I actually made money.. how much?  A very nice 10k ringgit... Not some cincai wedding summore.. A proper wedding. will share my secrets when have time to write.
It's all depending on the guests that you invite and how generous are they.
What do you mean by cincai wedding? This is a budget wedding but with lots of effort, not anywhere close to cincai. Cincai is close to simply chosing a restaurant serving horrible food, venue with horrible parking, no proper guests seating, don't do any run down of event, no emcee, just wanna do for the sake ... then cincai la.
But to me, if one have no money and put yourself at risk to loan money or to ask from parents, then put yourself in debts after that then sorry la one word - dai sei.
zhou86
post Nov 25 2015, 12:26 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

Just want to add to the list: Photobook Malaysia.

It's very affordable and the quality is really good. They always have promotion, and you can get the 6inch x 6inch free if you can obtain the code, just pay shipping.

You can go to Photobook.com.my and design your own Photobook, and they deliver very fast! I placed my order on Tuesday, and it arrived Thursday.

Definitely recommended, perfect for pre-wed photoshoot if your photographer don't provide a Photobook album or if they charge a lot for it.
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 25 2015, 05:39 PM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Nov 25 2015, 12:26 PM)
Just want to add to the list: Photobook Malaysia.

It's very affordable and the quality is really good. They always have promotion, and you can get the 6inch x 6inch free if you can obtain the code, just pay shipping.

You can go to Photobook.com.my and design your own Photobook, and they deliver very fast! I placed my order on Tuesday, and it arrived Thursday.

Definitely recommended, perfect for pre-wed photoshoot if your photographer don't provide a Photobook album or if they charge a lot for it.
Yea, that day I bought this one
RM90 instead of RM359 for a 14" x 11" Large Landscape Imagewrap Lay Flat Hardcover Photobook, 22+2 pages
Super worth compared to bridal gallery charging like RM300-500 for this? Sendiri do lagi better right.
zhou86
post Nov 25 2015, 05:55 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Nov 25 2015, 05:39 PM)
Yea, that day I bought this one
RM90 instead of RM359 for a 14" x 11" Large Landscape Imagewrap Lay Flat Hardcover Photobook, 22+2 pages
Super worth compared to bridal gallery charging like RM300-500 for this? Sendiri do lagi better right.
Yea...somemore you can have the joy of creating the book and layout yourself. smile.gif
TSprincessgalaria
post Nov 26 2015, 09:53 AM

Enthusiast
763 posts

QUOTE(zhou86 @ Nov 25 2015, 05:55 PM)
Yea...somemore you can have the joy of creating the book and layout yourself. smile.gif
but some people lazy and don't have the time, so they pay money to get it done lo.
zhou86
post Nov 26 2015, 01:46 PM