Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

zhou86
post Mar 17 2015, 03:23 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 17 2015, 02:59 PM)
No probs. Just want to help people too. And I have been busy too hehe.
Thanks for this. I am also in the midst of organizing my wedding, non-Chinese style in Church. But my location is in Malacca though.

Any example photos of your wedding would be super helpful as well. smile.gif
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 05:17 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 12:45 PM)
I belum done by wedding yet wor, in the midst of planning a year ahead
But I've purchased misc items, gowns, teddy bears and also decided on banquet, pre-wedding shoot, got quotes for MUA and also actual day.
Wah...you really do so much research already. What about manpower4x4?
zhou86
post Mar 18 2015, 06:27 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 18 2015, 05:38 PM)
GST coming, what to do. Hahahaa, no la just do as and when I have the time. A year sometimes is just like a blink of eye.
Yeah, I totally understand that. I thought 1 year would be enough, now I am panicking, although wedding day is end of this year. shocking.gif
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 11:37 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 10:50 AM)
Well, I was planning like about 9 months ahead. Looking around for all the stuffs. Because my wedding is on an auspicious date in September (which I chose by accident based on the church's availability) so I quickly settled off the basics of everything. Now only left with the cake. As for me, I did not go a lot of places. Just get a few quotations around town and my area and if they don't fit, I will expand my search further down.
Ya, same. Mine also auspicious, (12/12), so hard to get the vendors we want/like. Haha.
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 12:26 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 12:23 PM)
Semua sama date  rclxms.gif
Haha yours also? Congrats ya! rclxms.gif
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 12:31 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 12:29 PM)
haha no la as in auspicious dates
that's why restaurants hv to book like a year ahead.

mine is march 2016
Oh...yeah I booked the venue one year ahead. Had some problems with photographer vendor, had to switch to another choice, but its ok now. rclxms.gif

Settle these 2, then can slowly plan for others...
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 01:18 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 19 2015, 01:13 PM)
Ring Story:

Fiancee: What is budget for ring?
Me: Best is RM1.5k for both rings.

Walks into Wah Chan One Utama

Fiancee: This design nice
Me: Ok, but we see first. Don't decide yet.

1 month later bought that ring there.
You all talking about Wedding Band right? Not the engagement ring?

Speaking of which, I have to shop for Wedding Bands soon...
zhou86
post Mar 19 2015, 02:06 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 19 2015, 01:30 PM)
eh, I also bought from the same place exactly tongue.gif
My budget for wedding band is about 2k+
Poh Kong's quality is so cheapskate, at least Wah Chan still gave me discount when I asked and their rings are more solid for that kind of price. Poh Kong macam i pay 50cent put in the 'telur machine' twist twist keluar one..
Hahahaha, funny description! laugh.gif
zhou86
post Mar 20 2015, 04:37 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(manpower4x4 @ Mar 20 2015, 03:18 PM)
I went to a few Poh Kong. They told me not to look at Yellow Gold. They said Yellow Gold better. And in fact, their Yellow Gold more expensive than White Gold.
I am confused. They told not to look at Yellow Gold but they say Yellow Gold better? rclxub.gif
zhou86
post Apr 18 2015, 11:29 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

Wah, then I am considered really lucky. My parents will foot the bill, but of course "angpao" they keep lar...

My dad said its because my grandfather (although really poor that time) also did the same, so he want to do the same. smile.gif
zhou86
post Apr 19 2015, 05:17 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 19 2015, 02:20 PM)
Good for you, I wouldn't wanna take my parents' money plus I'm on the girl's end which supposed the guy should be footing most of the stuffs. Due to special case single mum side on my hubby and how she does not want our wedding to happen after all bcos she felt that I'm 'taking' away her son. The whole wedding is like a tragedy to her, instead of being happy she just made our life miserable. We just informed her on the date, and since then she did not spoke of anything about the wedding at all. Perhaps she might not even attend. I felt that it's such an insult to my family. Don't even think about footing the bill. But who gives a damn, I'm to marry the son.
Sorry to hear that. I understand what you mean, as I know some cases like that too.
zhou86
post Apr 20 2015, 10:34 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Apr 19 2015, 06:01 PM)
Keep calm and move on. Life still goes on smile.gif
Dwelling on things that I can't change is just a waste of time, look forward to good things is the way I guess smile.gif
thumbup.gif That is the way. smile.gif

I always believed: "Do the best in the things you can control. For those you can't control, no point worrying anyways."
zhou86
post Apr 28 2015, 11:50 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Tony9113 @ Apr 28 2015, 07:27 PM)
Hi there! I`m already married. It was in May. We are really love this month! smile.gif  We had outdoor wedding, it was perfectly. My wife found a very interesting site with huge number of tips, ideas and more usefull things for a budget wedding click here We had a small and cozy wedding with guest list about 20 - 25 close friends. I liked it, I felt very comfortable. We had some cocktail party near pool. =) All guests really enjoyed it. The next day we went on a honeymoon trip. It was the best wedding (I think). I recommend you!
Nice, wish I could settle with a small number of guests too...
zhou86
post Apr 29 2015, 04:43 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Apr 29 2015, 04:25 PM)
I wouldn't mind, just the Juliet would mind doh.gif
For my case, is not Juliet mind...is our parents haha, family too big liao. rclxub.gif
zhou86
post Sep 17 2015, 04:01 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 17 2015, 09:55 AM)
For me, not really. Wedding fairs make you fall for some impulsive decision especially those pre wedding packages, they will keep selling you that promo only valid for today and then at the end you bought and realise have to top up for a bit which is the same. If you really hv the time, I suggest you really sit back and consider and compare first.
This is very true, same goes for those travel fair if you're planning for honeymoon. I went to Matta Fair to check out ticket price, and ask around, quite panic because flight tickets to where we plan to go are selling out fast, but decided not to buy at Matta fair. Ended up checking online, managed to get even cheaper flight, plus its direct flight. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by zhou86: Sep 17 2015, 04:02 PM
zhou86
post Sep 17 2015, 04:10 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Sep 17 2015, 04:06 PM)
My honeymoon tickets to Australia from AA only costed RM800 for two way two person excluding insurance and luggage. Itinerary self plan one hahaha.. save money.
Nice! rclxms.gif

Yeah itinerary for honeymoon better plan own self coz honeymoon is meant to be relaxing and casual, spending quality time with each other. smile.gif
zhou86
post Sep 18 2015, 10:49 AM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 17 2015, 07:59 PM)
eerrmm, just asking here;

for honeymoon, usually where you guys pick, Asian countries (Japan, Korea), or European countries (France, Spain) or Western (US,Canada)???

and most importantly, what's the duration, minimum 7 days is it??

thx for your answer
For me, we picked a rather expensive destination (London/Iceland), because its one of our bucket list, and what better way to tick it off with a honeymoon. Oh we are going for 2 weeks, and as mentioned, we managed to get rather good flight pricing for direct to London.

But the exchange rate is really killing us...

Honeymoon destination is really subjective, as said, its really somewhere both of you want to go together. And its not a must, but its a good way to kickstart the marriage, getting to know each other much more intimately in a relaxing and casual environment, without anyone else you know around you.
zhou86
post Sep 18 2015, 02:11 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 18 2015, 01:53 PM)
i see......

me thought that it's a tradition/custom to do that...... thanks for explaining yours itinerary, and hope you have fun smile.gif
Thanks, we will be going during winter...so it will be a unique experience. tongue.gif
zhou86
post Sep 21 2015, 04:41 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(Kanan Jarrus @ Sep 21 2015, 12:36 PM)
i see i see. thanks for clear my doubts away

hope you all and your love ones will enjouy your honeymoon notworthy.gif
Thank you! rclxms.gif
zhou86
post Sep 23 2015, 01:37 PM

Keroppi!!!
3,616 posts

QUOTE(flamephotography @ Sep 23 2015, 01:33 PM)
In fairy tales land, yes. But in reality, I would not count on it. Some people said, it even adds on to your problems. Don't ever get married because you felt that your life is not complete and need the other second half. Get married only when you know you are complete and ready to take on another reation ship commitment.

Just my half cents worth............ Cheers........  icon_rolleyes.gif
Nice, good advice. rclxms.gif

Go into a relationship knowing you are capable of taking care of others, and not needing others to take care of you. If both think like that, then it will be a happy relationship...

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.78    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:01 PM