Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to A Budget Wedding, Matters most is who you marry

views

acsl_jc
post Nov 6 2019, 03:08 PM

36 posts

Support. I used Vanessamoon too. Very satisfied with them.
adam1190
post Nov 17 2019, 01:56 AM

Lowyat Regular
1,909 posts

QUOTE(acsl_jc @ Nov 6 2019, 03:08 PM)
Support. I used Vanessamoon too. Very satisfied with them.
Hi may I know is the price is reasonable?
acsl_jc
post Nov 18 2019, 03:42 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(jianwei90 @ Nov 17 2019, 01:56 AM)
Hi may I know is the price is reasonable?
To me, yes. Different people have different needs. Give them a call and get quotation. They don't bite biggrin.gif
huliop P
post Jul 4 2020, 03:10 AM

Probation
12 posts

People used to spend tons of money for their wedding. Millenials are more practical now. There are those who get married wearing pants and tshirts only or cheaper variations of gowns or suits. Practical indeed since marriage is about commitment, love and respect.
NansyCat P
post Oct 6 2020, 03:34 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(princessgalaria @ Mar 9 2015, 12:49 PM)

My Same Day Edit Video + Our Love Story

To know more about all my wedding vendors - please refer here to the links below

I am extremely pleased with each of the vendors that I've hired and all of them did a good job. Will definitely recommend them to everyone who is getting married.

I've completed my thread on a guide to a budget condo earlier here Guide to a budget condo and hence the next one is the guide to a budget wedding.

We have spent much in buying the place and doing up etc. So how? When you don't have much left for the wedding and both of you wished to get married? 
Many would advise and said, go save up. Of course, that's part of the requirements but things are getting so expensive with GST implementation, still there's a need to have a budget wedding because no matter how you save, things are going up every year. If you're lucky then your parents will fork out everything for your or at least 30-50% of the cost for wedding. We both earn a decent living however, however there are reasons that we wanted a budget wedding because of current family commitments, house commitments etc. Plus the money could be spent wisely elsewhere. 

Having a budget wedding, possible? My answer to you is YES. It's all depending on the girl and also your family and in-laws. If you want a grand one, then a grand one it is. But to me a wedding is not about showing off to others (mostly think it is), but in the end of the day is about who you are with, whether is he the right one or not. If you have both the right guy and he's rich, good for you! 

Here's a few thing that you will find this thread useful:
1. Your parents are not paying anything, the wedding is fully funded by both of you
2. The girl is not demanding and willing to settle for less
3. Your in-laws (normally the girl side) is not thinking that they're selling off their daughter and demanding
4. You're not realistic and you don't live up to the standards of the rest
5. You don't go compare with the friends around you
6. You are willing to spare some time to do research and DIY on your own
7. Your partner is supportive and both of you agreed to work this through

This is just a rough guide, and wedding is really personal preference most of the time. If you are not fond of what is written here, the x button is just on top. 

Next, how to save? 
1. Just got your bonus right? Allocate at least 50-60% of the chunk into the wedding savings
2. Plan wisely, spread your spending across the month (ie Feb pay for banquet deposit, Mar pay for Prewedding deposit)
3. Speak to your other half and agree to commit a fair saving every month until the wedding
4. Extra cash, put them into savings and not buy things that are not necessary

Let's start with the costing, please note that the costing is not including the final amount to pay for the banquet.
http://s15.postimg.org/ki3v7ogt7/Untitled.jpg 
The total amount comes to about RM30k plus which is I guess the standard market rate these days. And if you're planning for hotel, the budget should come to about 80-100k. 

Registration of Marriage's Procedures - Click Here
Picking of Auspicious dates - Click here
Banquet - Click here
Gor Dai Lei - Click Here
Gowns - Click here
Shoes - Click here

Picking of Wedding Bands - Click here
DIY Stuffs - Click here
Invitation Card - Click Here

Nails Kristen Nails - Click here
Make up artist Grace Wang - Click here

Photographer and videographer Click here

That's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question. We had £5000 expendable savings and I think that I've probably spent another £1000 on top of that on bits and bobs. We only have 30 guests but we've paid for everyone to stay overnight, so depending on what you want, how many guests are invited and how big your dress expectations are will set how much your budget will be.
I don't think that there is such thing as an average My Webpagewedding budget, it's a little immeasurable.

bensab P
post Oct 14 2020, 11:56 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(huliop @ Jul 4 2020, 03:10 AM)
People used to spend tons of money for their wedding. Millenials are more practical now. There are those who get married wearing pants and tshirts only or cheaper variations of gowns or suits. Practical indeed since marriage is about commitment, love and respect.
Who said? Not far ago, in an Indian business tycoon's daughter wedding $100 million was spent. Millenials continue to be in news for their expensive weddings. smile.gif
Human Nature
post Mar 25 2023, 12:28 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,114 posts

Posting here as unable to find any suitable thread. Do you give the photographer a seating at the banquet table? What is usually done here.
ceo684
post Mar 25 2023, 02:31 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,542 posts

QUOTE(Human Nature @ Mar 25 2023, 12:28 AM)
Posting here as unable to find any suitable thread. Do you give the photographer a seating at the banquet table? What is usually done here.
Not necessarily the vip seat but it depends.. more coverage whilst VIP table eating or more coverage on the guests whilst eating

Best to discuss w photog coz I’m thinking somewhere convenient for the photog to park him or herself at would be good.
Human Nature
post Mar 25 2023, 02:41 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,114 posts

QUOTE(ceo684 @ Mar 25 2023, 02:31 PM)
Not necessarily the vip seat but it depends.. more coverage whilst VIP table eating or more coverage on the guests whilst eating

Best to discuss w photog coz I’m thinking somewhere convenient for the photog to park him or herself at would be good.
Got it thanks. Already have my table-guest list full then suddenly thought of this. Now need to think where to find an empty seat sweat.gif

12 Pages « < 10 11 12Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:41 PM