Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Insurance

views

wangpr
post May 2 2020, 03:22 AM

Enthusiast
756 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ May 2 2020, 01:50 AM)
Since you are revealing yours. So I am gonna to reveal mine as well, mine was bought from Chubb Insurance.

Covid-19 has been known since last year thou, but the breakout is getting severe only at the beginning of the year. I bought my travel insurance last year, so I assumed they not knowing the severity of this virus so they just pocketed the premium first without think further like usual, since there are money flying over so why not just grab it first.

Until they realised, shit this gonna burnt our pocket, better don’t cover them so we can cover our ass and basically this is what on my mind.

So I cannot brain what is the point of buying for travel insurance since they are obviously try to push all the responsibility back to the airline/hotel, while their asses are all well covered.

Of course I am furious, how can I not. We spent money to cover up our asses in the end, we are the overall loser. #noway
Very true that insurance only best cover the death and hospitalisation, the rest of the covered item is totally bullshit and hard to claim from them unless with letter from respective airlines, hotel. To get this item, really wasting time....

I also furious.....
uglyduckling422
post May 2 2020, 11:31 AM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ May 2 2020, 01:55 AM)
Sorry have to do a separate posting, it’s get too lengthy at one, I am afraid might be too much for one.

1. Travel insurance company not going to cover you. And you will need to seek refund from both of your hotel/airline and etc.
That's why I'm thinking better buy insurance now or wait till I'm  almost fly (coz my flight always buy in advance one year plus) This time also i haven't bought if not burn few hundred RM

2. Your airline company not going to cancel their schedule flight, and you cannot ask for refund since you are the one who decided to call off your trip. So, no refund for those who bought a non refundable ticket.

Yes. Thats why when we know this covid my cousin so fast go cancel her Guangzhou on July. She keep ask me to cancel my Taipei. I say my one on April mid so just wait till last minute see how. Lucky i didn't cancel coz i called Malindo if i cancel i get back RM10 tax each person. Now can claim full but voucher. Anyway still no reply from Malindo regarding refund on voucher and very bad why they don't wan credit back to my CC? few thousands there and u got six months only to use it.

3. Same to your hotel, they are not cancelling your booking. In fact you are the one who call it off, so yeah...you gonna lose the money you paid earlier.

Thats why i always choose free cancellation. In fact i nearly choose pay now coz I'm sure i will be going Taipei last April. Lucky at last i choose free cancellation coz i think we dunno what happen in future and since so many ppl going if burn will not worth.

4. Doom! We are doomed!
WannaGetBuffed
post May 22 2020, 03:33 PM

Enthusiast
982 posts

Anybody manage to successfully claim for Airasia flights? My flight suppose to fly on 21/05 (yesterday) and AA keep moving the flight forward without any email or any notification.

Luckily i checked else i would not be able to find out what happened?

This post has been edited by WannaGetBuffed: May 22 2020, 03:33 PM
ChiaW3n
post May 27 2020, 12:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

QUOTE(WannaGetBuffed @ May 22 2020, 03:33 PM)
Anybody manage to successfully claim for Airasia flights? My flight suppose to fly on 21/05 (yesterday) and AA keep moving the flight forward without any  email or any notification.

Luckily i checked else i would not be able to find out what happened?
I managed to get credit refund - due to flight cancellation by AirAsia.
ProSambalEater
post Jul 10 2020, 04:00 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

I bought tune insurance for my aa flight to japan last year. Flight was cancelled due to covid and as expected tune insurance replied nothing can be done from their end.

Just curious, anyone claimed successfully from Tune before?
myrancid
post Oct 2 2020, 04:45 PM

Casual
351 posts

Is there any domestic travel insurance cover for Covid19?
RNM
post Nov 3 2020, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(myrancid @ Oct 2 2020, 04:45 PM)
Is there any domestic travel insurance cover for Covid19?
now covid is declared as pandemic and it should be covered now. if you ask this question during 11/2019-4/2020 that will be problem.. because not covered
SUSkevin23
post Nov 10 2020, 08:53 AM

Regular
1,803 posts

QUOTE(ProSambalEater @ Jul 10 2020, 04:00 PM)
I bought tune insurance for my aa flight to japan last year. Flight was cancelled due to covid and as expected tune insurance replied nothing can be done from their end.

Last year? 2019? Got covid?
10&Counting
post Dec 21 2020, 11:19 AM

0 posts

My cancelled flights claims came in recently.
Airline only refunded parts as it was non refundable flights.
The rest I claims from AXA Travel Insurance.

Attached Image

jibpek
post Apr 4 2022, 09:05 PM

On my way
645 posts

Guys, what is the best travel insurance with covid cover now?
ShakaZulu
post Apr 6 2022, 12:20 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

QUOTE(jibpek @ Apr 4 2022, 09:05 PM)
Guys, what is the best travel insurance with covid cover now?
I am curious too what would be the best travel insurance for travel to Indonesia?
gooroojee
post Apr 9 2022, 09:00 PM

LowYee
1,915 posts

Just to share, I was shopping around for travel insurance and found a few interesting plans. I ended up shortlisting Etiqa and AIA but confirmed that Etiqa needed to pay extra for COVID add on, which was expensive, and even then the coverage excluded all countries under CDC Level 4 Health Advisory, including Singapore and Vietnam, so it was a no go. Etiqa was the best in terms of travel delay, as you get compensation even for a 2 hour delay, and not 6 hours like most others.

Ended up getting the Family plan under AIA, which by default includes COVID insurance, and the policy amount is multiplied by number of people in the plan up to the family limit.

I want to ask about airlines cancelling their flights and moving their passengers to other flights. For example, I'm supposed to fly to Korea, but the airlines cancelled my KL-Korea flight. Can I then claim the whole trip? Since if I don't fly there, then I obviously can't take the return flight as well, right? Do I need to ask the airline for a full refund for two ways first before claiming travel insurance?

Thanks in advance.
David900924
post Jul 23 2022, 03:04 AM

Crypto Master
1,234 posts

Hi guys, any recommended medical travel insurance ? For Thailand and New Zealand.
hihihehe
post Aug 16 2022, 11:37 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

looking for travel insurance for my parents on their canada & US trip

do you think AXA is enough for them? it's only cost RM100+ including pandemic cover but others like AIG cost even higher
hori
post Feb 23 2023, 04:20 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(ProSambalEater @ Jul 10 2020, 04:00 PM)

Long time ago, I bought Tune Insurance and my luggage bag was damaged. I tried to contact Tune insurance but never successful. Buying Tune insurance is a waste of money.
Luckily it was my luggage that damaged not me....
oohay1984
post Feb 23 2023, 11:59 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(gooroojee @ Apr 9 2022, 09:00 PM)
Just to share, I was shopping around for travel insurance and found a few interesting plans. I ended up shortlisting Etiqa and AIA but confirmed that Etiqa needed to pay extra for COVID add on, which was expensive, and even then the coverage excluded all countries under CDC Level 4 Health Advisory, including Singapore and Vietnam, so it was a no go. Etiqa was the best in terms of travel delay, as you get compensation even for a 2 hour delay, and not 6 hours like most others.

Ended up getting the Family plan under AIA, which by default includes COVID insurance, and the policy amount is multiplied by number of people in the plan up to the family limit.

I want to ask about airlines cancelling their flights and moving their passengers to other flights. For example, I'm supposed to fly to Korea, but the airlines cancelled my KL-Korea flight. Can I then claim the whole trip? Since if I don't fly there, then I obviously can't take the return flight as well, right? Do I need to ask the airline for a full refund for two ways first before claiming travel insurance?

Thanks in advance.
i think mostly all insurance company if u add co4id coverage abit expensive but now not compulsory but some country still need co4id included in your insurance..

for cancel flight if u bought insurance u can claim under "Travel Alteration" u can claim your transportation, accommodation, ground tour expenses within 14 consecutive days prior your commencement of your journey.
holyleonard
post Mar 9 2023, 05:22 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Anyone tried before charging ticket to a credit card that have travel insurance. then buy additional travel insurance.

Can you double claim?
adele123
post Mar 14 2023, 08:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,413 posts

QUOTE(holyleonard @ Mar 9 2023, 05:22 PM)
Anyone tried before charging ticket to a credit card that have travel insurance. then buy additional travel insurance.

Can you double claim?
Standard answer, you cannot double claim. You are not to profit from insurance.
hjh87
post May 7 2023, 03:32 PM

Enthusiast
773 posts

While waiting for the insurance side reply, I would like to ask around how the travel insurance works on a flight that passes the next day.

Example:

Say I bought insurance for a trip from 10th May to 20th May, then the flight for return is 20th May but landed on 21st May. Does the insurance still cover it?
RoofTopPrince
post Jun 21 2023, 07:38 PM

As long as you have the memories, you can be with that person fo
575 posts

Hi guys, I will be going to Thailand and Japan this September... Any travel insurance company recommend? Annual one will do

33 Pages « < 29 30 31 32 33 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0191sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:06 PM