33 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Insurance

views

TheLegend27
post Feb 10 2020, 04:18 PM

Regular
1,653 posts

luggage damage usually got how much? check in luggage (xtra large) and check in luggage (large)
maiself
post Feb 18 2020, 10:33 PM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

was with British Airways when my luggage delay in Zurich for 2 days +.
Was with AXA insurance at that time and claimed around rm1.8k if not mistaken.. and I also claim nearly RM1k from British Airways just by providing all the receipts i spent until my bag arrived at the hotel
MGM
post Feb 19 2020, 09:41 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(maiself @ Feb 18 2020, 10:33 PM)
was with British Airways when my luggage delay in Zurich for 2 days +.
Was with AXA insurance at that time and claimed around rm1.8k if not mistaken.. and I also claim nearly RM1k from British Airways just by providing all the receipts i spent until my bag arrived at the hotel
Did both axa n BA ask for original receipts?
maiself
post Feb 19 2020, 05:56 PM

Pro Surfer
1,339 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Feb 19 2020, 09:41 AM)
Did both axa n BA ask for original receipts?
AXA only need a boarding pass & luggage delay report - it can be obtain from the BA website.

for BA - they need original receipt- i bought toiletries, jacket, t-shirt etc within a week i got the money TTed to my Maybank acc
??!!
post Feb 20 2020, 06:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,521 posts

Anyone bought travel insurance via Rinngitplus before and can help with following questions?

I was testing to see how it works and got diverted to continue on whatsapp and had to give personal information.
Am a little concern if this is the usual way it works...takut scam and give away personal data cry.gif

1) Will I be given a quote first or will I be asked to pay immediately after answering all the questions?
2) How will payment be made? direct to RinngitPlus or the insurance company?
tifosi
post Feb 23 2020, 03:42 PM

Friend is someone to share last Cookie with!
4,923 posts

AXA now need to pay RM 10 for stamp duty. I've no time to research other provider since I am flying soon but what about Etiqa 360, does it also charges RM 10 stamp duty?
MiKE7LIM
post Mar 3 2020, 06:18 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

wow. ..great to find this ….
anyone using FWD before?
ChiaW3n
post Apr 29 2020, 12:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

QUOTE(izwanz @ May 7 2009, 05:10 PM)
hello everyone... me and few other friends are going off to Dhaka, Bangladesh next week for a debate competition.

However, we are very concerned of the recent outbreak of Influenza A. Does anyone know of any insurance company in Malaysia that provides travel insurance covering Influenza A ?
Thanks in advance.
About 11 years ago, there was influenza A virus outbreak. And 11 years later, here is the covid-19 virus outbreak.

I have 2 trip coming up, bought my travel insurance way before my trip - unfortunately both of my travel got to be cancelled, and now my travel insurance agency refused to cover me due to the pandemic situation.

Anyone encounter this as well?
10&Counting
post Apr 29 2020, 08:15 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ Apr 29 2020, 12:24 AM)
About 11 years ago, there was influenza A virus outbreak. And 11 years later, here is the covid-19 virus outbreak.

I have 2 trip coming up, bought my travel insurance way before my trip - unfortunately both of my travel got to be cancelled, and now my travel insurance agency refused to cover me due to the pandemic situation.

Which insurance agency is this? If you don't mind.
Thank you
uglyduckling422
post Apr 29 2020, 10:43 AM

Casual
313 posts

Oh my. actually I'm curious about this question also. Some ppl say must buy insurance once you bought your flight. My flight bought last year and i didnt buy insurance till two weeks before my flight. Now my flight also been cancelled and i cant get refund . So should buy insurance early or not? LIke now you bought also insurance refuse to cover? then whats the point buy early?
MGM
post Apr 29 2020, 11:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,384 posts

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Apr 29 2020, 10:43 AM)
Oh my. actually I'm curious about this question also. Some ppl say must buy insurance once you bought your flight. My flight bought last year and i didnt buy insurance till two weeks before my flight. Now my flight also been cancelled and i cant get refund . So should buy insurance early or not? LIke now you bought also insurance refuse to cover? then whats the point buy early?
Airline cancelled the flights n u cant get refund, in cash/credit? Which airline?
uglyduckling422
post Apr 29 2020, 11:47 AM

Casual
313 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Apr 29 2020, 11:34 AM)
Airline cancelled the flights n u cant get refund, in cash/credit? Which airline?
Malindo. Submitted one month plus . They say is voucher. I guess too many request.
ChiaW3n
post Apr 29 2020, 07:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

QUOTE(10&Counting @ Apr 29 2020, 08:15 AM)
Which insurance agency is this? If you don't mind.
Thank you
I don’t know whether it is okay to tell here, I bought my travel insurance from the insurance agency started with alphabet C.

QUOTE(uglyduckling422 @ Apr 29 2020, 10:43 AM)
Yeap totally! So normally after I confirmed my trip i will proceed with my travel insurance.

If you are lucky nothing happened - you won’t bother to pay the additional travel insurance premium. But something like this happened, your trip have to cancelled, and your insurance agent just refused to cover you due to this was not under their standard policy writing. So I am also wondering what is the point of buying travel insurance now...

But at the point I bought my insurance, you are well aware about the covid-19 virus just no people give a damn by then.

This post has been edited by ChiaW3n: Apr 29 2020, 07:45 PM
10&Counting
post May 1 2020, 04:32 PM

0 posts

[quote=ChiaW3n,Apr 29 2020, 07:44 PM]
I don’t know whether it is okay to tell here, I bought my travel insurance from the insurance agency started with alphabet C.

Bought insurance in Jan 2020 for flight in mid July.
Bought non refundable flight tickets in Nov, almost RM6.2k - Faroe and Svalbard.
May get back taxes if I cancel.

This is what I read about the insurance I bought.
Not sure if can claim if flight cancel!

user posted image

This post has been edited by 10&Counting: May 1 2020, 04:53 PM
ChiaW3n
post May 1 2020, 04:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

[quote=10&Counting,May 1 2020, 04:32 PM]
[quote=ChiaW3n,Apr 29 2020, 07:44 PM]

Bought insurance in Jan 2020 for flight in mid July.
Bought non refundable flight tickets in Nov, almost RM6.2k - Faroe and Svalbard.
May get back taxes if I cancel.

This is what I read about the insurance I bought.
Not sure if can claim if flight cancel!
user posted image

[/quote]
If the flight cancelled itself, then the airline should refund the ticket to you.

Travel insurance company should refer you back to your airline company, seek refund from them. At least this is what I am going through. If you cancelled the ticket yourself, means travel insurance will not covered.
10&Counting
post May 1 2020, 04:58 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ May 1 2020, 04:54 PM)
If the flight cancelled itself, then the airline should refund the ticket to you.

Travel insurance company should refer you back to your airline company, seek refund from them. At least this is what I am going through. If you cancelled the ticket yourself, means travel insurance will not covered.
One of the airline already state No refund due to tickets terms and Conditions, only taxes refunded but option to change flight. Not sure about the other airlines. All in 3 different airlines!
Not sure if can use EU Law to claim refund!
ChiaW3n
post May 1 2020, 05:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

QUOTE(10&Counting @ May 1 2020, 04:58 PM)
One of the airline already state No refund due to tickets terms and Conditions, only taxes refunded but option to change flight. Not sure about the other airlines. All in 3 different airlines!
Not sure if can use EU Law to claim refund!
Refer back to your travel insurance company then, they should consult you.

But from what I have experienced. They will just push you away, and asked you to refer back to your airlines.
wangpr
post May 1 2020, 10:33 PM

Enthusiast
756 posts

All insurance company will request you to get letter from them. I kena with tokio marine, asking for letter before they can release claim amount...

They ask me get letter from koreanair, airbnb, agoda. Hahaha, i email but get ignored without reply.
ChiaW3n
post May 2 2020, 01:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

QUOTE(wangpr @ May 1 2020, 10:33 PM)
All insurance company will request you to get letter from them. I kena with tokio marine, asking for letter before they can release claim amount...

They ask me get letter from koreanair, airbnb, agoda. Hahaha, i email but get ignored without reply.
Since you are revealing yours. So I am gonna to reveal mine as well, mine was bought from Chubb Insurance.

Covid-19 has been known since last year thou, but the breakout is getting severe only at the beginning of the year. I bought my travel insurance last year, so I assumed they not knowing the severity of this virus so they just pocketed the premium first without think further like usual, since there are money flying over so why not just grab it first.

Until they realised, shit this gonna burnt our pocket, better don’t cover them so we can cover our ass and basically this is what on my mind.

So I cannot brain what is the point of buying for travel insurance since they are obviously try to push all the responsibility back to the airline/hotel, while their asses are all well covered.

Of course I am furious, how can I not. We spent money to cover up our asses in the end, we are the overall loser. #noway

ChiaW3n
post May 2 2020, 01:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,575 posts

Sorry have to do a separate posting, it’s get too lengthy at one, I am afraid might be too much for one.

1. Travel insurance company not going to cover you. And you will need to seek refund from both of your hotel/airline and etc.

2. Your airline company not going to cancel their schedule flight, and you cannot ask for refund since you are the one who decided to call off your trip. So, no refund for those who bought a non refundable ticket.

3. Same to your hotel, they are not cancelling your booking. In fact you are the one who call it off, so yeah...you gonna lose the money you paid earlier.

4. Doom! We are doomed!

33 Pages « < 28 29 30 31 32 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0272sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:14 AM