Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

views

basilisk
post May 22 2019, 09:16 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(soR @ May 22 2019, 01:23 AM)
Hey guys how do you guys clean cat spray markings? I read something about enzyme cleaner do you guys have any specific brands that you guys go to? price and place to get it?
hv never cleaned cat spray marks.. so cant help u.

u need to google d infos..

tough to prevent outside cats marking ur place.

if ur indoor cat marks.. google can provide info.

This post has been edited by basilisk: May 22 2019, 09:16 AM
holocauster
post May 22 2019, 02:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(soR @ May 22 2019, 01:23 AM)
Hey guys how do you guys clean cat spray markings? I read something about enzyme cleaner do you guys have any specific brands that you guys go to? price and place to get it?
I use Germisep, example - https://shopee.com.my/Germisep-Disinfectant...8231.1575324929

Put into 500ml/1litre spray bottle with water, done. Spray away.
soR
post May 22 2019, 03:05 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(holocauster @ May 22 2019, 02:19 PM)
I use Germisep, example - https://shopee.com.my/Germisep-Disinfectant...8231.1575324929

Put into 500ml/1litre spray bottle with water, done. Spray away.
You used it to clean away cats spray/marking? For you how effective is it? does your cat smells it again and remark or anything like that? 1 tablet + 500ml of water? (for flooring/walls?) Do you spray and straight wipe it away with a cloth or let it sit for sometime and wipe it away? thanks for replying!
holocauster
post May 22 2019, 04:42 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(soR @ May 22 2019, 03:05 PM)
You used it to clean away cats spray/marking? For you how effective is it? does your cat smells it again and remark or anything like that? 1 tablet + 500ml of water? (for flooring/walls?) Do you spray and straight wipe it away with a cloth or let it sit for sometime and wipe it away? thanks for replying!
Yes. It won't mark the spot again, unless if there's an underlying issue with the cats. I'm also using it to mop the floor, clean the vomit/hairballs, most of the household cleaning.

I use 1 tablet + 500ml spray bottle. It's suggested 1 tablet + 1litre, depends on your preference. If you want weaker concentration, use more water. But even if mixed with 500ml, the smell isn't that strong. Smells/functions like Clorox but milder and safer.

Most of the time I straight wipe away after spraying. But if I'm spraying the cage or near litter boxes, I let it dry by itself.

Just my personal experience.

EDIT - Just to be clear, this is obviously not meant to stop cat pissing outside the litter box, but more of a cleaning solution. You should still send the cats to a vet if the problem reoccurs.

This post has been edited by holocauster: May 22 2019, 04:48 PM
soR
post May 23 2019, 12:09 AM

Regular

QUOTE(holocauster @ May 22 2019, 04:42 PM)
Yes. It won't mark the spot again, unless if there's an underlying issue with the cats. I'm also using it to mop the floor, clean the vomit/hairballs, most of the household cleaning.

I use 1 tablet + 500ml spray bottle. It's suggested 1 tablet + 1litre, depends on your preference. If you want weaker concentration, use more water. But even if mixed with 500ml, the smell isn't that strong. Smells/functions like Clorox but milder and safer.

Most of the time I straight wipe away after spraying. But if I'm spraying the cage or near litter boxes, I let it dry by itself.

Just my personal experience.

EDIT - Just to be clear, this is obviously not meant to stop cat pissing outside the litter box, but more of a cleaning solution. You should still send the cats to a vet if the problem reoccurs.
yeh this is just for me to clean cat sprays inside and outside of the house. Just looking an option i will try it out thanks for sharing!
TSspunkberry
post May 23 2019, 07:02 AM

危ない人です
Group Icon
Pets Wonderland
Group: Elite

Nature's Miracle is a popular brand name for enzymatic cleaner.
kizwan
post May 23 2019, 02:36 PM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs

I use Happytail Stains And Odor Removal. It doesn't stop cat from spraying that place again unfortunately but very good in removing odor & stains. Just need to wipe, spray & wipe again. Also good on carpet too but you'll need to spray a lot more until it penetrate the carpet & let it air dry. If there is excess urine, you'll still need to remove it using paper towel as much as you can before spraying. You can use water in between though if you want to. Basically on carpet; remove excess urine using paper towel, then saturated the contaminated area with water, remove excess water using paper towel, then spray Happytail until it penetrated the carpet & finally let it air dry.

If I forgot to buy I use 50:50 mixture of apple cider vinegar & water. Same procedure; wipe, spray & wipe again.
soR
post May 23 2019, 06:43 PM

Regular

QUOTE(spunkberry @ May 23 2019, 07:02 AM)
Nature's Miracle is a popular brand name for enzymatic cleaner.
i've read it alot of people are suggesting that brand only problem is that its most likely widely available in western market cant seem to find over here. Probs need it to be imported.

QUOTE(kizwan @ May 23 2019, 02:36 PM)
I use Happytail Stains And Odor Removal. It doesn't stop cat from spraying that place again unfortunately but very good in removing odor & stains. Just need to wipe, spray & wipe again. Also good on carpet too but you'll need to spray a lot more until it penetrate the carpet & let it air dry. If there is excess urine, you'll still need to remove it using paper towel as much as you can before spraying. You can use water in between though if you want to. Basically on carpet; remove excess urine using paper towel, then saturated the contaminated area with water, remove excess water using paper towel, then spray Happytail until it penetrated the carpet & finally let it air dry.

If I forgot to buy I use 50:50 mixture of apple cider vinegar & water. Same procedure; wipe, spray & wipe again.
i got a TROUBLE & TRIX NO MORE STAIN & ODOUR and testing it to see if it works aha, read on the internet easier to clean if i have a uv blacklight torchlight cant seem to find it.
kizwan
post May 23 2019, 07:52 PM

QUOTE(soR @ May 23 2019, 06:43 PM)
i got a TROUBLE & TRIX NO MORE STAIN & ODOUR and testing it to see if it works aha, read on the internet easier to clean if i have a uv blacklight torchlight cant seem to find it.
Aquarium shop sell uv lamp. You can use that I think.

Edit: i just realized you're looking for uv blacklight. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kizwan: May 23 2019, 07:54 PM
stryfox
post Jun 10 2019, 03:46 PM

Getting Started

kitten died due to FPV. sad. be careful everyone.

can anyone share experience how to save other kittens?

This post has been edited by stryfox: Jun 10 2019, 03:49 PM
holocauster
post Jun 10 2019, 05:26 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(stryfox @ Jun 10 2019, 03:46 PM)
kitten died due to FPV. sad. be careful everyone.

can anyone share experience how to save other kittens?
Can't vaccinate a sick cat. So you can try Himalaya Immunol -
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=immuno...=0&sortBy=price
https://himalayapets.online/products/immunol/

Better you check local pet store/vet clinic and give them asap rather than buy online.

If there's no cats dying in a month or two after the last death, it's considered safe already, at least that's what my vet said.

If they survive, vaccinate them.
kizwan
post Jun 11 2019, 02:34 AM

If the cat survived, it already immune to the virus for any further infections. Vaccination no longer needed. However if you're going to add cat in the environment, you'll need to vaccinate them beforehand.
basilisk
post Jun 12 2019, 03:53 PM

QUOTE(miss comet @ Apr 28 2019, 06:21 PM)
Hi, want to ask, is there any shelters/vet clinics that do tnr with a discount near bangi/kajang/putrajaya?

There are tons of cats near my workplace and the moms keep popping babies after babies
saw another kajang vet in rescue group...

user posted image
basilisk
post Jun 12 2019, 04:02 PM

QUOTE(kizwan @ Jun 11 2019, 02:34 AM)
If the cat survived, it already immune to the virus for any further infections. Vaccination no longer needed. However if you're going to add cat in the environment, you'll need to vaccinate them beforehand.
the normal cat vaccine is a 4 in one vaccine.

might be immune to 1 , not other 3.

summore most vet support yearly booster..
tho some doesnot agree to yearly...
miss comet
post Jun 12 2019, 04:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jun 12 2019, 03:53 PM)
saw another kajang vet in rescue group...

user posted image
Hi, thanks for the info. will check it out
dadah
post Yesterday, 08:46 PM

what biscuit is good for old aged cat? Age around 14 like that.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0768sec    5.03    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 04:00 PM