Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat Lovers V7 ^_^, Fabulous Cats & People

kyloran
post Jun 29 2018, 06:21 PM

Group: Newbie

Guys, may I know what are the common brand of cat litter you used and where to get it?

Best if it can keep or trap the odour

This post has been edited by kyloran: Jun 29 2018, 06:22 PM
basilisk
post Jun 30 2018, 04:16 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(air_mood @ Jun 20 2018, 11:25 AM)
Can you PM me as well on the trapping. One of the cat that loiters around my house seems to have somewhat of a wound/gash near the right side of it's neck. I would like to bring it to the vet to check.
hi, i long time pmed u, any update?
basilisk
post Jun 30 2018, 04:18 PM

QUOTE(kyloran @ Jun 29 2018, 06:21 PM)
Guys, may I know what are the common brand of cat litter you used and where to get it?

Best if it can keep or trap the odour
many budget clay litter, all sorts of names/brands, from china,

as cheap as rm12 per bag.. depend of the pet store...
Exeunt
post Jul 15 2018, 02:56 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

hi all, first time posting in this thread..

i have wooden cat house build by my dad..

overtime mold/green stuff start to appear.. Im planning to paint the cat house but im not sure wther i can just simply pick any type of paint that would harm the cat..

the type im looking for is must be waterproof, durable and "cat proof", anyone can give suggestion if they have experince in painting a wooden house cat ..

Thanks
basilisk
post Jul 15 2018, 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Exeunt @ Jul 15 2018, 02:56 PM)
hi all, first time posting in this thread..

i have wooden cat house build by my dad..

overtime mold/green stuff start to appear.. Im planning to paint the cat house but im not sure wther i can just simply pick any type of paint that would harm the cat..

the type im looking for is must be waterproof, durable and "cat proof", anyone can give suggestion if they have experince in painting a wooden house cat ..

Thanks
if its made of good quality wood, it can tahan after treatment, if jz normal soft wood then will rott even if you paint it.

u hv to look for those water repellant surface treatment, paint is not good enought to keep water out.

many brands out there @ hardware shop.

u hv to check online whether got any other harmless way to waterproof cat hse.
aikachan
post Aug 3 2018, 12:49 AM

Getting Started

Hey guys, recently my mom went to Japan and picked up CIAO premium canned food, nvr seen people talked about it (except for the treats) so i was wondering if it’s good for my cats?

Ingredients list: https://www.inaba-petfood.co.jp/en/product/detail/CIAO/1088

basilisk
post Aug 3 2018, 02:01 AM

QUOTE(aikachan @ Aug 3 2018, 12:49 AM)
Hey guys, recently my mom went to Japan and picked up CIAO premium canned food, nvr seen people talked about it (except for the treats) so i was wondering if it’s good for my cats?

Ingredients list: https://www.inaba-petfood.co.jp/en/product/detail/CIAO/1088
ingredient is like common cat can food... biggrin.gif
victoire
post Aug 28 2018, 11:08 PM

Hi guys, I adopted a stray cat recently and got it vaccinated on 18th Sep. I'm planning to spay it next month. I read it somewhere bout using crystal litter/shredded newspaper after the surgery to prevent dust getting on the wound. Is it true or is it okay to use the normal sand litter? Thank you in advance smile.gif
basilisk
post Aug 29 2018, 11:12 AM

QUOTE(victoire @ Aug 28 2018, 11:08 PM)
Hi guys, I adopted a stray cat recently and got it vaccinated on 18th Sep. I'm planning to spay it next month. I read it somewhere bout using crystal litter/shredded newspaper after the surgery to prevent dust getting on the wound. Is it true or is it okay to use the normal sand litter? Thank you in advance smile.gif
for female the wound is tiny n sewn up, jz make sure cat dont sleep in the litter.
male cat open wound but no problem, jz make sure dont sit on the litter.
victoire
post Aug 29 2018, 11:17 PM

QUOTE(basilisk @ Aug 29 2018, 11:12 AM)
for female the wound is tiny n sewn up, jz make sure cat dont sleep in the litter.
male cat open wound but no problem, jz make sure dont sit on the litter.
Thank you for replying. Is there anything I should take note of before and after spaying the cat?

kizwan
post Aug 30 2018, 10:06 AM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(victoire @ Aug 28 2018, 11:08 PM)
I use shredded newspaper. Replaced the shredded newspaper everyday. The reason why dust-free litter is to prevent infection. I wouldn't use crystal litter either.

You can find lots of information on pre- & post-surgery care on the internet. For female, it can take from 1 to 2 weeks for the wound to heal. For male, I usually already let it out (from the cage, not the house) on 3rd or 4th day after surgery. I caged my cats after surgery to prevent them from jumping or running.
victoire
post Aug 30 2018, 10:56 AM

QUOTE(kizwan @ Aug 30 2018, 10:06 AM)
I use shredded newspaper. Replaced the shredded newspaper everyday. The reason why dust-free litter is to prevent infection. I wouldn't use crystal litter either.

You can find lots of information on pre- & post-surgery care on the internet. For female, it can take from 1 to 2 weeks for the wound to heal. For male, I usually already let it out (from the cage, not the house) on 3rd or 4th day after surgery. I caged my cats after surgery to prevent them from jumping or running.
Noted. Thank you for replying smile.gif
basilisk
post Aug 30 2018, 01:45 PM

QUOTE(victoire @ Aug 29 2018, 11:17 PM)
Thank you for replying. Is there anything I should take note of before and after spaying the cat?
check the wound everyday, any sign of redness, infection, liquid coming out, send back to vet.

if out door cat, hv to cage at least 10days / 2weeks, until the open wound ( for male cat) is fully healed, u really nid to inspect the part.

so donot let them go out at all. cage or put indoors.
junior5417
post Sep 6 2018, 10:22 PM

Getting Started

do u guys bring stray cat for a treatment to remove flea & tick? If so, usually cost how much in KL?
basilisk
post Sep 7 2018, 01:33 AM

QUOTE(junior5417 @ Sep 6 2018, 10:22 PM)
do u guys bring stray cat for a treatment to remove flea & tick? If so, usually cost how much in KL?
depends,

u can send it to a groomer,

and they will give it a medicated bath, it will kill almost all fleas immediately,

then apply the spot-on treatment.

or u can DIY - biggrin.gif buy the shampoo, and make sure cat dont cakar u... trim the nails...

If u send to vet, they will just spray or use spot-on.

which will take some time to kill off the fleas.

unless the vet have grooming service.

You can buy the spot-on yourself which will be cheaper,

compare the the charge by vet. which can be RM22 more or less for one frontline spot-on treatment.

you buy one box with 3 spot-on @ discounted price is only RM57.
hutazi
post Sep 7 2018, 01:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(junior5417 @ Sep 6 2018, 10:22 PM)
you wanna catch a stray cat, remove fleas and let them free again? that is pointless, because they will just get fleas again in 1 month. unless you plan to continue the treatment for that cat. easiest treatment is probably spot on. but the costs is around 40-60 depend on where you buy and what brand. or you buy those cap ayam from china brand like rm5 per tube. but maybe the cat will die, i dunno. will last 1 month.

if you gonna adopt the cat. then give them a gooood combing and a bath. then apply spot on as per basilisk mentioned. but for first time spot on maybe need those more mahal one which will also eradicate ear mites.
junior5417
post Sep 10 2018, 12:05 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(basilisk @ Sep 7 2018, 01:33 AM)
depends,

u can send it to a groomer,

and they will give it a medicated bath, it will kill almost all fleas immediately,

then apply the spot-on treatment.

or u can DIY -  biggrin.gif  buy the shampoo, and make sure cat dont cakar u... trim the nails...
If u send to vet, they will just spray or use spot-on.

which will take some time to kill off the fleas.

unless the vet have grooming service.

You can buy the spot-on yourself which will be cheaper,

compare the the charge by vet. which can be RM22 more or less for one frontline spot-on treatment.

you buy one box with 3 spot-on @ discounted price is only RM57.
QUOTE(hutazi @ Sep 7 2018, 01:21 PM)
you wanna catch a stray cat, remove fleas and let them free again? that is pointless, because they will just get fleas again in 1 month. unless you plan to continue the treatment for that cat. easiest treatment is probably spot on. but the costs is around 40-60 depend on where you buy and what brand. or you buy those cap ayam from china brand like rm5 per tube. but maybe the cat will die, i dunno. will last 1 month.

if you gonna adopt the cat. then give them a gooood combing and a bath. then apply spot on as per basilisk mentioned. but for first time spot on maybe need those more mahal one which will also eradicate ear mites.
Thanks for the feedback yo!
Btw, what is a spot on?
hutazi
post Sep 10 2018, 05:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(junior5417 @ Sep 10 2018, 12:05 PM)
Thanks for the feedback yo!
Btw, what is a spot on?
A type of Flea medication. Medicated drops on one spot on cats neck to kill the fleas.

92 Pages « < 90 91 92Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0842sec    3.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 09:36 AM