78 Pages « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ask me anything abt Construction Industry!, Q&A

views

topearn
post Jun 18 2017, 08:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(iwubpreve @ Jun 18 2017, 03:18 PM)
what kind of fencing u need? for empty lot?

The cheapest kind - is it chain link fence - green plastic coated ? It's probably about 5 feet height. I just want to fence it up (if cheap) so I know my lot boundery as I intend to plant fruit trees, yam and ginger, etc in it. My neighbouring lots are all empty also, with lallang. I thought better grow something useful rather that waste time every now and then to clear the lallang.

TSiwubpreve
post Jun 18 2017, 09:53 PM

Regular
1,829 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Jun 18 2017, 09:49 PM)
The cheapest kind - is it chain link fence - green plastic coated ? It's probably about 5 feet height. I just want to fence it up (if cheap) so I know my lot boundery as I intend to plant fruit trees, yam and ginger, etc in it. My neighbouring lots are all empty also, with lallang. I thought better grow something useful rather that waste time every now and then to clear the lallang.
this 1 cost about 100 to 200 per meter ba
user posted image
topearn
post Jun 19 2017, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(iwubpreve @ Jun 18 2017, 09:53 PM)
this 1 cost about 100 to 200 per meter ba
user posted image

It's way beyond my budget and anyway just need to fence up to mark my boundery scared I accidentally plant beyond my lot. Even at RM100 at meter, it's 4 x 32 meters = RM12,800.

The green plastic coated chain-linked fence, about 5 feet high that U usually see in guarded and gated housing estates - that should be the cheapest, right ? How much does this cost ? How far each post need to be apart ? Can I do it myself ?

jchong
post Jun 19 2017, 10:34 AM

5,989 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Jun 19 2017, 09:07 AM)
It's way beyond my budget and anyway just need to fence up to mark my boundery scared I accidentally plant beyond my lot. Even at RM100 at meter, it's 4 x 32 meters = RM12,800.

The green plastic coated chain-linked fence, about 5 feet high that U usually see in guarded and gated housing estates - that should be the cheapest, right ? How much does this cost ? How far each post need to be apart ? Can I do it myself ?
That pic shows a security fence, which is much more expensive than chain link fence. For your purpose, chain link fence is sufficient.

Note: nowadays most gated and guarded estates use security fence (not chain link). Also, even security fence has different variations.
TSiwubpreve
post Jun 19 2017, 11:06 AM

Regular
1,829 posts

QUOTE(topearn @ Jun 19 2017, 10:07 AM)

should be very cheap that 1. can diy buy better do a footing every 5 meter
y4ng
post Jun 20 2017, 02:16 PM

Kambing Lembu
632 posts

hello! great page you have here
I have this 2 tanks, piping will be run differently. Was thinking to replace the wood with steel beam (I beam/ H beam?) followed by a platform and monkey ladder. Size estimate about 1500mm X 3000mm x 5000mm (L X W X H). Question is:

1. need to dig my get the foundation right (4 holes)
2. how will the pricing be?

Alternative suggestion welcomed =)
Attached Image
post Jun 27 2017, 03:42 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

QUOTE(red.john @ Jun 18 2017, 10:44 AM)
How does BIM actually benefit in construction?
Time saving for consultants to review and revert to contractors, capture reality, accuracy, prevent conflict, reduce reworks in times of changes

QUOTE(topearn @ Jun 18 2017, 08:49 PM)
Check with the land office. Under the National Land Code, only land under 'agriculture' categgory can cultivate corps, plus can build a dwelling house occupying less than 1/5 of the total area. If it is under 'building' category then can have the building. If the neighbouring lots are bunglows, then it is likely that the remaining lands are under the 'building' category. Usually an owner would want the biggest real estate possible, so it is likely that it will be built to the set-back line. This will leave little space for planting, which you may grow corps.

QUOTE(topearn @ Jun 19 2017, 09:07 AM)

These are security fencing, but not really secured because a wire cutter can easily cut them. Then there is a anti-cut and anti-climb fencing, which is basically the same thing with lots more wire so the fingers and cutters cannot fit into the gaps, and of course much more expensive. In your case, just normal chain-link or chicken wire will suffice.
topearn
post Jun 27 2017, 08:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,459 posts

QUOTE(2387581 @ Jun 27 2017, 03:42 PM)
Time saving for consultants to review and revert to contractors, capture reality, accuracy, prevent conflict, reduce reworks in times of changes
Check with the land office. Under the National Land Code, only land under 'agriculture' categgory can cultivate corps, plus can build a dwelling house occupying less than 1/5 of the total area. If it is under 'building' category then can have the building. If the neighbouring lots are bunglows, then it is likely that the remaining lands are under the 'building' category. Usually an owner would want the biggest real estate possible, so it is likely that it will be built to the set-back line. This will leave little space for planting, which you may grow corps.
These are security fencing, but not really secured because a wire cutter can easily cut them. Then there is a anti-cut and anti-climb fencing, which is basically the same thing with lots more wire so the fingers and cutters cannot fit into the gaps, and of course much more expensive. In your case, just normal chain-link or chicken wire will suffice.

The land is square lot of 105 feet by 105 feet, so after building a house, still plenty of land to plant all sorts of things. Since fruit trees take few years to bear fruit, just let them grow tall and few years later only build a house in time to harvest the fruits.

This post has been edited by topearn: Jun 27 2017, 08:23 PM
SUSdD_se7en
post Jul 3 2017, 01:34 PM

Ang! Ang! Ang!
887 posts

what is the difference between crawler crane and mobile crane.
GravityFi3ld
post Jul 17 2017, 02:49 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
820 posts

Quick one,

Landed house, single story end-lot - talking about the house entry (the door, not the main gate).

Usually there is one each on the front, your main entrance into the house and one at the back (the one facing the back lorong).

I understand there is a need for 2 entry/exit point because in case of emergency got better chances of escaping or if 1 entry point is blocked off.

Can I relocate the rear door to the side of the house instead ? So it no longer facing the back lorong. As below:
Does it break any law ?
Attached Image
Ryannate
post Jul 17 2017, 08:03 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(GravityFi3ld @ Jul 17 2017, 02:49 PM)
Quick one,

Landed house, single story end-lot - talking about the house entry (the door, not the main gate).

Usually there is one each on the front, your main entrance into the house and one at the back (the one facing the back lorong).

I understand there is a need for 2 entry/exit point because in case of emergency got better chances of escaping or if 1 entry point is blocked off.

Can I relocate the rear door to the side of the house instead ? So it no longer facing the back lorong. As below:
Does it break any law ?
Attached Image
Do consider of direct air flow circulation. That's why most houses designed by architects have opening opposite each other.
GravityFi3ld
post Jul 19 2017, 03:26 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
820 posts

QUOTE(Ryannate @ Jul 17 2017, 08:03 PM)
Do consider of direct air flow circulation. That's why most houses designed by architects have opening opposite each other.
air flow should be ok as we intend to replace the back-door with windows smile.gif
I would think this is hardly practiced in most terrace houses sweat.gif
Ryannate
post Jul 20 2017, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(GravityFi3ld @ Jul 19 2017, 03:26 PM)
air flow should be ok as we intend to replace the back-door with windows  smile.gif
I would think this is hardly practiced in most terrace houses sweat.gif
Very true, one of the reason is feng shui... brows.gif
xavieron
post Jul 31 2017, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(iwubpreve @ Oct 17 2014, 01:30 PM)
hey guys, u may ask me anything about construction industry and i'll try my best to answer all ur question.
biggrin.gif

Construction Industry is so complex and actually affect various party namely,

House buyer / Purchaser
Developer
Consultant (Architect, Engineer and etc)
Main Contractor
Subcontractor / Vendor / Supplier
Local Authority (DBKL, BOMBA, SYABAS, TNB, TELEKOM, POS, JKKP, IWK and etc.)

u can also ask me about construction law. I know a lot abt that too biggrin.gif
Nice info. What if construction site stop for 6 months in a high rise project. What can the buyer do?
post Jul 31 2017, 12:16 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

QUOTE(xavieron @ Jul 31 2017, 10:42 AM)
Nice info. What if construction site stop for 6 months in a high rise project. What can the buyer do?
You have two options
1. wait until it is finish, and if they are unable to deliver vacant possession on the date after 36 months after you signed your SPA, you can claim liquidated damages (LD) per day at 10% per annum of the purchase price, until you take vacant possession

2. pursuant to section 8A of Housing Development Act, you may terminate your S&P and get full refund of all payments made (you may need to prove the construction site stopped work for 6 months)
xavieron
post Aug 1 2017, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(2387581 @ Jul 31 2017, 12:16 PM)
You have two options
1. wait until it is finish, and if they are unable to deliver vacant possession on the date after 36 months after you signed your SPA, you can claim liquidated damages (LD) per day at 10% per annum of the purchase price, until you take vacant possession

2. pursuant to section 8A of Housing Development Act, you may terminate your S&P and get full refund of all payments made (you may need to prove the construction site stopped work for 6 months)
Thanks for the answer. thumbup.gif
BlurGuy1992
post Aug 5 2017, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
254 posts

have you meet people who work in construction that has complely different background previously? (eg: finance, science, business etc?) and start completely from 0 knowledge?
henrytlh
post Aug 5 2017, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(BlurGuy1992 @ Aug 5 2017, 08:38 PM)
have you meet people who work in construction that has complely different background previously? (eg: finance, science, business etc?) and start completely from 0 knowledge?
Yes, my current firm's accountant graduated in accounts, work in an electrical firm, doing Autocad and submission, then proceeded into Civil consulting firm while doing part time ACCA. Now she's working as an individual accountant, doing checking of drawing before submission, tax audit, while pursuing her CPA. Nothing is impossible if you have the drive to learn smile.gif

P/s she's a girl so it makes it even more amusing

This post has been edited by henrytlh: Aug 5 2017, 09:26 PM
chewannboon
post Aug 17 2017, 09:40 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

May I ask is there necessary for Main Contractor to purchase Package 1 Insurance for all subcontractor? Thank you
TSiwubpreve
post Aug 21 2017, 09:23 AM

Regular
1,829 posts

QUOTE(lfwah @ Aug 20 2017, 11:28 PM)
who is the person who decide what kind of flooring materials to procure in a condo project ?
developer ?
main con ?
architect ?
purchaser ?
developer. choose cheap material = increase profit for them coz condo price fixed already

78 Pages « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:42 AM