Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

HeReLiSm
post Oct 1 2014, 11:11 AM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:06 AM)
your car stuck for three month doenst mean in the adjuster report says the repair time require is 3 months. it may only requires 7 days. then u only eligible to claim 7 days ony. thats y i said, adjuster x boleh pakai or workshop x boleh pakai.

workshop claim third party its either , the other party only got third party cover, not comprehensive cover or, u kena tipu dengan insurer.

how to make claim for LOU by your self

1. refer to my previous post in this thread. go to jpj etc2.
Nope, I meant third-party here is the one that bang my car (lorry). blush.gif

Everything is done already, I claimed for ODKFK first, then my insurance will claim from the lorry's insurance.

I have documents such as the workshop report, the JPJ search and the insurer of the lorry already.
AceKendy
post Oct 1 2014, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 1 2014, 12:09 PM)
hit and run mostly can claim as long as u have the other party's plate
many known case already
Other party insurance expired? No.
Rented Car Unit? No.
Not driven by owner (sum not insured)? No.

Have to depend on your insurance also.
Alliance doesn't cover hit and run that well.
MR_alien
post Oct 1 2014, 11:13 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,286 posts

QUOTE(AceKendy @ Oct 1 2014, 11:11 AM)
Other party insurance expired? No.
Rented Car Unit? No.
Not driven by owner (sum not insured)? No.

Have to depend on your insurance also.
Alliance doesn't cover hit and run that well.
in the case u mention..yes
in those situation can't claim
toenexx
post Oct 1 2014, 11:15 AM

34 posts

Even claim ODKFK still have to wait for "Police Outcome Report" first to confirm which party is at fault - which will take at least 15 days if I'm not mistaken, no? So it's not immediate per se.
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:19 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Oct 1 2014, 11:10 AM)
they did ask me to sign something
say will submit to the insurance company thn the cheque will be mailed to me
its like <an amount> X how many days  = RMXXX
a letter like that
she did mention max is 2 weeks
then u follow up loh with the workshop or langsi insurer.
QUOTE(HeReLiSm @ Oct 1 2014, 11:11 AM)
Nope, I meant third-party here is the one that bang my car (lorry).  blush.gif

Everything is done already, I claimed for ODKFK first, then my insurance will claim from the lorry's insurance.

I have documents such as the workshop report, the JPJ search and the insurer of the lorry already.
then u write a simple letter want to claim, later they will reply and ask docs. follow insutruction then ok d
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:20 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(toenexx @ Oct 1 2014, 11:15 AM)
Even claim ODKFK still have to wait for "Police Outcome Report" first to confirm which party is at fault - which will take at least 15 days if I'm not mistaken, no? So it's not immediate per se.
if got cable, 1 day oso can get.. police oso very efficient if got incentive. hehe
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 1 2014, 11:20 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,485 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:01 AM)
1. find the langsi plate number - kalo x dapat your loss.
2. go jpj, find out which insurer this langsi subscribed.
3. write letter want to claim LOU from this insurer, pass all doc (adjuster report, police report)
4. langsi insurer received your claim, and will contact langsi confrim everything. langsi insurer ussually will send a letter to langsi stated that if x mengaku, insurer will liable to pay if anything.
5. ????
6. profit.. well if x menagku jugak, seek advice from langsi insurer how... i seriously dunno what to do la if got people like this.
U talking about LoU only right?

But then, regardless of whether insurer mengaku or not, as long as i have the keputusan then his insurance company has to pay right?
toenexx
post Oct 1 2014, 11:22 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:20 AM)
if got cable, 1 day oso can get.. police oso very efficient if got incentive. hehe
Malaysia Oh Tanahairku rolleyes.gif
highwaykiller

16 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 09:59 AM)
Whenever people bang u.
1. u can claim OD kfk (own damage knock for knock)- preferable, ncd wont loose, faster, less hassle
2. u can claim third party against langsi - ncd wont loose, slower claims process, more hassle, u might getting less that what uve paid.

Y? im lazy to explain.

whenever your car at workshop for repair, u cannot use your car. but u can claim loss of use as u unable to use your car.

LOSS OF USE (LOU) claims a.k.a Compenssation assessed repair time (CART)

1. u can only claim from third party insurance. ask your agent.
2. For case no.1 above, after u make claim from your own insurance under ODKFK, u have to claim against 3rd party for LOU. a bit hassle
3. For case no.2 above, u claim one shot lah since u claim from third party anyway.

Scale of Compensation for Assessed Repair Time (CART)

Vehicle Type
Private Use Vehicles
Up to 1500 cc - RM 30
Above 1500 cc up to 2000 cc - RM 40
Above 2000 cc - RM 50

Motorcycles
Up to 250 cc - RM10
Above 250 cc - RM15

Terms and Conditions
1. The above scale defines the minimum amount payable by third party insurers for
CART claims where the claimant is unable to produce satisfactory documentary
evidence, receipts, etc. to support his/her claim for CART.

2. In cases where receipts can be produced for vehicle rentals, insurers shall pay
the amount shown in the original receipts
and original car rental agreement
subject to the principle of indemnity and subject always that the claimant shall
only be entitled to the rental of a vehicle of an equivalent nature to the damaged
vehicle. Such rental must be only from a rental agency/company duly registered
and licensed by the relevant authority.

3. The number of days for computation of CART shall be based on the independent
loss adjuster’s recommendation on the number of days for repair
of the damaged
vehicle subject to the insurers’ discretion to apply an additional seven working
days grace period for unforeseen delays.
no.3 is the tricky part, coz adjuster u know lah...

sekian. Thank you
finally /k ada useful info, tq ts notworthy.gif
WaCKy-Angel

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,485 posts

OD-KFK means you claim from your own insurance 1st....your NCD will be temporarily held, until police report out and if not your fault then you will get back your NCD.

As for my case, i have "tali" thats why my NCD not touched although report not yet out.
SUS2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 11:23 AM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

QUOTE(AceKendy @ Oct 1 2014, 10:29 AM)
most likely is not claim able even wit the plate number submitted on the report.
hit and run is a gone case. not insurance company will dare to insure it.
Can claim. I experienced before. Car was bang (very badly) by dunno drunk driver or what, cause I park at road side, legal with proper petak btw. Some good passerby told me the plate number of the car. I go report police. The fella report later, and instead put in my car plate number, he put some dummy number, who definitely, the owner won't report, coz no report mar. Ultimately, after some time, and lots of whistling.gif , keputusan case out, it the fella fault, and I can claim. Whole process, took me 6-9 months, reason, of the above, the car register outstation.

Police outcome report is out within 14 days. But, if you brows.gif the investigating officer, or ask some runner to do it for you (in return to let your car repair by them), then, immediately u can have it
MR_alien
post Oct 1 2014, 11:23 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,286 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:19 AM)
then u follow up loh with the workshop or langsi insurer
workshop is far
the insurance company also not sure locate at where
no time also
need to find time
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:26 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 1 2014, 11:20 AM)
U talking about LoU only right?

But then, regardless of whether insurer mengaku or not, as long as i have the keputusan then his insurance company has to pay right?
if langsi admit, easier for you la to do the claim. but if u have the keputusan, meaning langsi also already made police report kan. so if will not have prob at the police side... just wait keputusan ony. keputusan will deterine your insuraance pay u or not , and how much they will pay, full or not full..

haiya complicated la want to explain here.

This post has been edited by saigetsu: Oct 1 2014, 11:26 AM
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:28 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 1 2014, 11:23 AM)
Can claim. I experienced before. Car was bang (very badly) by dunno drunk driver or what, cause I park at road side, legal with proper petak btw. Some good passerby told me the plate number of the car. I go report police. The fella report later, and instead put in my car plate number, he put some dummy number, who definitely, the owner won't report, coz no report mar. Ultimately, after some time, and lots of  whistling.gif , keputusan case out, it the fella fault, and I can claim. Whole process, took me 6-9 months, reason, of the above, the car register outstation.
Police outcome report is out within 14 days. But, if you  brows.gif the investigating officer, or ask some runner to do it for you (in return to let your car repair by them), then, immediately u can have it
how to whistling.gif police liao... dunno how to hint...
unknown warrior
post Oct 1 2014, 11:29 AM

/k/ Legend
6,240 posts

This is what I call worthy /k/ thread.

the vera kari tered all like sampah.
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:31 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(unknown warrior @ Oct 1 2014, 11:29 AM)
This is what I call worthy /k/ thread.

the vera kari tered all like sampah.
thank you, one of the way to feel my self being appreciated for the job that i dnt even think i will end up with,
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 1 2014, 11:33 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,485 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:26 AM)
if langsi admit, easier for you la to do the claim. but if u have the keputusan, meaning langsi also already made police report kan. so if will not have prob at the police side... just wait keputusan ony. keputusan will deterine your insuraance pay u or not , and how much they will pay, full or not full..

haiya complicated la want to explain here.
no admit also can get keputusan lor...under seksyen 52 hit and run.
I have the lorry pic and everything.
WaCKy-Angel
post Oct 1 2014, 11:34 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,485 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 11:31 AM)
thank you, one of the way to feel my self being appreciated for the job that i dnt even think i will end up with,
wats ur job? adjuster?
AceKendy
post Oct 1 2014, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

QUOTE(2feidei @ Oct 1 2014, 12:23 PM)
Can claim. I experienced before. Car was bang (very badly) by dunno drunk driver or what, cause I park at road side, legal with proper petak btw. Some good passerby told me the plate number of the car. I go report police. The fella report later, and instead put in my car plate number, he put some dummy number, who definitely, the owner won't report, coz no report mar. Ultimately, after some time, and lots of  whistling.gif , keputusan case out, it the fella fault, and I can claim. Whole process, took me 6-9 months, reason, of the above, the car register outstation.
Police outcome report is out within 14 days. But, if you  brows.gif the investigating officer, or ask some runner to do it for you (in return to let your car repair by them), then, immediately u can have it
He reports later.
So it automatically makes your report valid to be investigate. Of course can claim lo, but process damn long.

If he didnt report. You can go fly kite d
TSsaigetsu
post Oct 1 2014, 11:38 AM

Enthusiast
701 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 1 2014, 11:34 AM)
wats ur job? adjuster?
no. more macro..

77 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    1.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:48 PM