Whenever people bang u.
1. u can claim OD kfk (own damage knock for knock)- preferable, ncd wont loose, faster, less hassle
2. u can claim third party against langsi - ncd wont loose, slower claims process, more hassle, u might getting less that what uve paid.
Y? im lazy to explain.
whenever your car at workshop for repair, u cannot use your car. but u can claim loss of use as u unable to use your car.
LOSS OF USE (LOU) claims a.k.a Compenssation assessed repair time (CART)
1. u can only claim from third party insurance. ask your agent.
2. For case no.1 above, after u make claim from your own insurance under ODKFK, u have to claim against 3rd party for LOU. a bit hassle
3. For case no.2 above, u claim one shot lah since u claim from third party anyway.
Scale of Compensation for Assessed Repair Time (CART)
Private Use Vehicles
Up to 1500 cc - RM 30
Above 1500 cc up to 2000 cc - RM 40
Above 2000 cc - RM 50
Up to 250 cc - RM10
Above 250 cc - RM15
Terms and Conditions
1. The above scale defines the minimum amount payable by third party insurer
CART claims where the claimant is unable to produce satisfactory
evidence, receipts, etc. to support his/her claim for CART.
2. In cases where receipts can be produced for vehicle rentals, insurers shall pay
the amount shown in the original receipts
and original car rental agreement
subject to the principle of indemnity and subject always
that the claimant shall
only be entitled to the rental of a vehicle of an equivalent nature to the damaged
vehicle. Such rental must be only from a rental agency/company duly registered
and licensed by the relevant authority.
3. The number of days for computation of CART shall be based on the independent
loss adjuster’s recommendation on the number of days for repair
of the damaged
vehicle subject to the insurers’ discretion to apply an additional seven working
days grace period for unforeseen delays.
no.3 is the tricky part, coz adjuster u know lah...
sekian. Thank you