Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 10:05 AM

Regular
1,994 posts

Good info. thumbup.gif

But need further clarification/ explanation on layman term, not everyone in /k is expert like u

What is different between 1 and 2.
What is OD kfk?
What is langsi?

2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 10:11 AM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 10:07 AM)

Tenkiu....your point on 1 and 2. Anyway, you already answered.

OD kfk - you claim your own insurance and still not lost NCD. Wow....something new I learned. Thank you

Further question, OD kfk - can elaborate more? Ppl bang me, I claim my own insurance, and at same time I won't lost my NCD. Then, don't my insurance company disagree? Not my fault, or I mean the insurance co issue, but they have to pay for me, while the insurance for the person who bang me no need pay anything?
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 10:20 AM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 10:18 AM)
there is a condition for od kfk. if people bang u is comprehensive policy, u can claim od kfk. insurance company legally must agree. but u must know the type of cover of the people bang u lah.

if people bang u only have third party policy, then u have no choice but option 2.
OIC...once again. Thank you TS notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 11:23 AM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(AceKendy @ Oct 1 2014, 10:29 AM)
most likely is not claim able even wit the plate number submitted on the report.
hit and run is a gone case. not insurance company will dare to insure it.
Can claim. I experienced before. Car was bang (very badly) by dunno drunk driver or what, cause I park at road side, legal with proper petak btw. Some good passerby told me the plate number of the car. I go report police. The fella report later, and instead put in my car plate number, he put some dummy number, who definitely, the owner won't report, coz no report mar. Ultimately, after some time, and lots of whistling.gif , keputusan case out, it the fella fault, and I can claim. Whole process, took me 6-9 months, reason, of the above, the car register outstation.

QUOTE(toenexx @ Oct 1 2014, 11:15 AM)
Even claim ODKFK still have to wait for "Police Outcome Report" first to confirm which party is at fault - which will take at least 15 days if I'm not mistaken, no? So it's not immediate per se.
Police outcome report is out within 14 days. But, if you brows.gif the investigating officer, or ask some runner to do it for you (in return to let your car repair by them), then, immediately u can have it
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 11:56 AM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(AceKendy @ Oct 1 2014, 11:34 AM)
He reports later.
So it automatically makes your report valid to be investigate. Of course can claim lo, but process damn long.

If he didnt report. You can go fly kite d
Maybe nod.gif When I spoke to the officer, he told me that even if the fella no report, a saman letter will be issue to him, asking him to come to police station to explain why he didn't report, and to justify/ proof that he didn't accident, and they will investigate. But, then, again, you know lah how efficient our PDRM whistling.gif whether happen or not, no one know whistling.gif
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 12:07 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(mukhlisz @ Oct 1 2014, 11:51 AM)
patut la..  laugh.gif

but yeah thanks for the info. and yeah making an insurance claim is a b****. the Sergeant kept asking for runner instead of me when i asked about the investigative result...  shakehead.gif
Yes, time to wait for investigation report, time to wait for adjuster, time for workshop to repair......all open for abuse, while those vulture runner try to get a share of profit, offering u fast repair and they will kautim with u, in return that you handover your car to be repair by them.

I learned my lesson, NO WAY! Reason, no offence to those honest workshop here, 99.99% workshop I meet, not only try to con the insurance company for maximum claim, but, also replace with sub-standard, non original parts for you, but claim new, original parts, and insurance company ask you to pay for betterment cost. And, workmanship, really questionable. Now, I rather DIY all myself, get investigation report myself, go to authorised car brand dealer for repair (instead of any workshop authorised by insurance co) yes, take longer time, but, peace of mind, and I know what I pay is what I get.
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 12:25 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 12:14 PM)
hoorrr.. wait until u get tan chong or proton... vavi lambat... but this is generalization ony... hehe

kalau pojo, very fast one, straight total loss... rosak sikit total loss, coz sparepart mahal
Mine Honda, 1 month. sweat.gif

Reason
Day 0 - accident and report
Day 1 - get police report (cannot get immediately, coz report after office hour, can only get during office hour, working day, else, next working day, office hour)
Day 9 - get keputusan kes, photo (this one, coz officially the 14 days investigation result start from this date, I lucky, coz the person who bang me made report together with me, so, keputusan case can be immediate if I kautim with runner/ investigation officer, but, I don't). Send car to workshop
Day 13 - only insurance adjuster can come see. Prior to that, workshop can't do anything. And, workshop order parts
Day 30 - repair complete. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by 2feidei: Oct 1 2014, 12:26 PM
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 12:27 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Oct 1 2014, 12:26 PM)
capalang workshop or franchise honda one?
Honda franchise one. laugh.gif
2feidei
post Oct 1 2014, 12:33 PM

Regular
1,994 posts

I propose to mod to pin this thread, or make TS a mod for FnF forum, or whatever subforum suitable....i.e. one stop help centre for car insurance claim

Once a while, we will find some gem in kopitiam in pile of vera dalam kari......faith in kopitiam restore

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0376sec    1.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 07:16 PM