Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accident 101: i teach u claim loss of use

views

alandhw
post Feb 14 2020, 01:56 PM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Feb 11 2020, 03:59 PM)
Coz ur kcar kena repair only took 10 days instead of 20. Can appeal.
is the days of LOU calculate based on the day send to workshop till workshop return the repaired car?
TSsaigetsu
post Feb 14 2020, 06:15 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Feb 14 2020, 01:56 PM)
is the days of LOU calculate based on the day send to workshop till workshop return the repaired car?
No

No of actual days taken to repair ur car. This is based on independent adjuster estimation. No workshop or company.

If tersadai kat luar waiting for part not cover.

alandhw
post Feb 17 2020, 08:09 AM

On my way
559 posts

QUOTE(saigetsu @ Feb 14 2020, 06:15 PM)
No

No of actual days taken to repair ur car. This is based on independent adjuster estimation. No workshop or company.

If tersadai kat luar waiting for part not cover.
Adjuster report will show manhours required. How the insurance company going to judge the total days?
TSsaigetsu
post Feb 17 2020, 08:42 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(alandhw @ Feb 17 2020, 08:09 AM)
Adjuster report will show manhours required. How the insurance company going to judge the total days?
Try 8bhours. How many days? Then make sure atleast u got that amount of money
alandhw
post Feb 17 2020, 08:51 AM

On my way
559 posts

It is subject to the insurance company judgement. My point is the compensation will never inline with the actual total lost of use days. The lost of use definition for insurer, insurance company and workshop are different
friedsotong
post Feb 18 2020, 01:39 PM

3 posts

Thanks a lot for the info brother! Wish I see this earlier.
areankim
post Feb 24 2020, 10:43 PM

"Live Life Cool"
3,652 posts

I claim twice, nv gget a single cent.
TSsaigetsu
post Feb 25 2020, 08:39 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(areankim @ Feb 24 2020, 10:43 PM)
I claim twice, nv gget a single cent.
U should complain to bnm telelink. A show cause letter will be issued to the ceo yo!

la bella
post Mar 5 2020, 02:46 PM

Enthusiast
710 posts

I got into car accident, I sent my car to own insurance panel workshop, claim OD at first as I need to wait police investigation outcome. Finally the result is the other party fault.

Now I already got my car back from workshop and they submitted required documents to insurance company. I have told insurance to change it to ODKFK.

I got my car back before CNY 21/01/2020, currently I check my NCD it becomes 0%. I am upset as I plan to buy new car soon this year, my NCD was 55% now become 0%. I called insurance and they told me they already settle the case and workshop bill. Is it normal they will reinstate my NCD later time?
TSsaigetsu
post Mar 5 2020, 03:26 PM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(la bella @ Mar 5 2020, 02:46 PM)
I got into car accident, I sent my car to own insurance panel workshop, claim OD at first as I need to wait police investigation outcome. Finally the result is the other party fault.

Now I already got my car back from workshop and they submitted required documents to insurance company. I have told insurance to change it to ODKFK. 

I got my car back before CNY 21/01/2020, currently I check my NCD it becomes 0%. I am upset as I plan to buy new car soon this year, my NCD was 55% now become 0%. I called insurance and they told me they already settle the case and workshop bill. Is it normal they will reinstate my NCD later time?
Yes. U need to provide them the polcie report keputusan to the insurer so that it can reinstate the ncd.

MNet
post Mar 5 2020, 08:57 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,311 posts

QUOTE(la bella @ Mar 5 2020, 02:46 PM)

which insurance company u use?
la bella
post Mar 5 2020, 11:22 PM

Enthusiast
710 posts

QUOTE(MNet @ Mar 5 2020, 08:57 PM)
which insurance company u use?
Allianz. Very slow. Need to call and chase many times otherwise the approval will takes forever. Customer service confirmed workshop already submitted documents including the police investigation outcome (the other party fault).

All documents are already in their system for one whole month, status OD and my NCD became 0%. This afternoon called up the person in charge and he changed my claim to ODKFK immediately after I requested. Not sure when my NCD will be reinstated back.

This post has been edited by la bella: Mar 5 2020, 11:25 PM
BaconBits
post Mar 12 2020, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi sifus,

I'd like some advise on my case please.

So last year I sold my car in August to a 2nd hand car dealer.
I did not call up my insurance company to cancel my car insurance policy ( did not know got such thing at that time ).

Just last week I received a letter frm my car insurance company stating that my car was involved in an accident last year in November, and that the person is claiming bodily injury. How bad the injury is I have no idea.

I have since gone ahead and make a police report, gather my eauto document to show ownership transfer to 2nd hand car dealer, etc.

Thing is I spoke to the insurance company and they said that with this info, they will be declining the insurance claim, but I will still be the defendant. Worse to worse 50%-50%.

I dont quite get it - if the insurance company is not liable to pay, then why am I liable to pay?

shinigamidesu
post Mar 15 2020, 02:55 PM

25 posts

Sorry if this have been posted. My car was parked outside the house and got hit by another car (hit and run) but fortunately, the other car plate number fell and we could at least tell who is the culprit. Made a police report this morning.

How would the process be? Can I still claim the other side; if he don't make a report?
ysseow
post Mar 15 2020, 04:28 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(BaconBits @ Mar 12 2020, 08:40 PM)
Hi sifus,

I'd like some advise on my case please.

So last year I sold my car in August to a 2nd hand car dealer.
I did not call up my insurance company to cancel my car insurance policy ( did not know got such thing at that time ).

Just last week I received a letter frm my car insurance company stating that my car was involved in an accident last year in November, and that the person is claiming bodily injury. How bad the injury is I have no idea.

I have since gone ahead and make a police report, gather my eauto document to show ownership transfer to 2nd hand car dealer, etc.

Thing is I spoke to the insurance company and they said that with this info, they will be declining the insurance claim, but I will still be the defendant. Worse to worse 50%-50%.

I dont quite get it - if the insurance company is not liable to pay, then why am I liable to pay?
I was in your position few years ago. Insurance company got declaration from court that the insurance is void and unenforceable. The case is still ongoing now and the claimant is suing the insurancr company for the judgement sum. Insurance lawyer wrote a letter to me saying they will seek indemnity from me if they are force to pay the claimant.

Lesson learn, we should not tell insirance that the car is sold.. They will take what ever agreement we have and get court to declare insurance void.

Not to scare you but this is the beginning of a nightmare.
speedtobeat
post Apr 27 2020, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Hi, I got hit by others and plan to repair earlier. But due to MCO, so tak jadi repair.

Now, my insurance expired. When I renew, still can claim for the accident? Since it was previous term already...
peja5081
post May 12 2020, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

Hi ,my car got bang by motorcycle. Sargent said motorcycle at fault but hard to claim because the one that bang me not owner and its 3rd party.he said try to confirm with workshop and workshop said the same thing..i need to claim from my own insurance and ncd might be zero..is it true?can i get cart too even though im not subscribed it?
peja5081
post May 12 2020, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(speedtobeat @ Apr 27 2020, 02:29 PM)
Hi, I got hit by others and plan to repair earlier. But due to MCO, so tak jadi repair.

Now, my insurance expired. When I renew, still can claim for the accident? Since it was previous term already...
Same case with..police wont print copy report..now workshop also not helpful insist to get report..i just know need to report within 7 days to insurance company..

74 Pages « < 72 73 74Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0219sec    0.11    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th May 2020 - 10:06 AM