Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Let me teach you how to spot good protein, Supplement sellers "might" hate me

views

axtray
post Jun 17 2017, 10:57 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

QUOTE(zlik98 @ Jun 17 2017, 12:33 AM)
Alright. But is it necessary to take protein powder? I admit I don't really have a well-planned nutritional meal, so not sure about the protein intake but I'm working out for almost 5days/week. My goal is to become fit (with muscles) but not as huge as those bodybuilders. I'm about 1.73m, 67kg.
Well, honest answer, not necessary.

But if you think your protein intake is inadequate from your daily meals and you have the budget, then by all means go take them. At least you know fr sure it's enough, for starters that is.

"Not as huge as those bodybuilders"

Don't worry. You never will.

renzzz
post Jun 19 2017, 01:45 PM

22 posts

Thanks. Will do some research on it.

This post has been edited by renzzz: Jun 19 2017, 01:45 PM
TSdarklight79
post Jun 20 2017, 02:12 AM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

My goal is to become fit (with muscles) but not as huge as those bodybuilders. I'm about 1.73m, 67kg.
Idiot. Seriously. You're an idiot. When you post nonsense like this, you insult the hard work of those who have been working out decades to get where they are now. You think it's so easy to build muscle by just taking a whole tub of protein power for a month?

Get the hell outta here and do some damn research. I can't believe that I still read stupid statements like these. I feel sorry for the patient regulars who still take time to educate. No wonder so many of the old guys left.
degraw1993
post Jun 20 2017, 03:52 AM

Regular
1,892 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Jun 20 2017, 02:12 AM)
Idiot. Seriously. You're an idiot. When you post nonsense like this, you insult the hard work of those who have been working out decades to get where they are now. You think it's so easy to build muscle by just taking a whole tub of protein power for a month?

Get the hell outta here and do some damn research. I can't believe that I still read stupid statements like these. I feel sorry for the patient regulars who still take time to educate. No wonder so many of the old guys left.
I was wondering should i reply or not with that statement because it cringes me so much of how they say yet they didn't even put in the work in gym.

What's worst expecting these magic powders can build "Not too huge muscles."
lingleeyen
post Jun 20 2017, 11:41 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

Alright. But is it necessary to take protein powder? I admit I don't really have a well-planned nutritional meal, so not sure about the protein intake but I'm working out for almost 5days/week. My goal is to become fit (with muscles) but not as huge as those bodybuilders. I'm about 1.73m, 67kg.
The first good step is kena punch by DL. So start googling and reading. No well planned nutrition, you do not know how much you need, you do not know what you need, you do not know what you lack. Supplement is supplement. If you do not know what you supplement for, you do not need supplement.

Fit with muscles? Without the nutritional plan, you wont get it. You are doing things in blind.
zlik98
post Jun 20 2017, 02:10 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Jun 20 2017, 03:12 AM)

Hey, I do workout alright? 5times per week. I do take care of my meals and all the nutrition intake. I'm just asking is the protein powder necessary or not. Not saying that I'm taking the FKING PROTEIN POWDER FOR ENTIRE DAYS FOREVER. Don't get me wrong bro.
TSdarklight79
post Jun 20 2017, 10:26 PM

I'll eat your food
Group Icon
Elite
9,006 posts

QUOTE(zlik98 @ Jun 20 2017, 02:10 PM)
Hey, I do workout alright? 5times per week. I do take care of my meals and all the nutrition intake. I'm just asking is the protein powder necessary or not. Not saying that I'm taking the FKING PROTEIN POWDER FOR ENTIRE DAYS FOREVER. Don't get me wrong bro.
So you are implying that the moment you start taking protein powder you're afraid you might get huge like a bodybuilder? Btw, you're 67kg.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif :

Hell you BETTER want to get more huge than what you weigh now.
zlik98
post Jun 20 2017, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(darklight79 @ Jun 20 2017, 11:26 PM)
So you are implying that the moment you start taking protein powder you're afraid you might get huge like a bodybuilder? Btw, you're 67kg.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  :

Hell you BETTER want to get more huge than what you weigh now.
So I see now. It means I'm still better to get more weight first . Thank you so much
Xccess
post Jul 12 2017, 06:57 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

Bought a tub of Whey isolate (Nitrotech) from Musclemania. The guy did recommend Myprotein but decided to stick to my purchase.
Anyone tried Myprotein? They said it tasted better than Nitrotech.
bafukie
post Jul 12 2017, 08:05 PM

Regular
1,406 posts

Bla kenot be. Nitrotech is much sweeter due to higher sugar content. Myprotein protein content sucks.. 21/22 g per serving
degraw1993
post Jul 12 2017, 08:53 PM

Regular
1,892 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 12 2017, 06:57 PM)
Bought a tub of Whey isolate (Nitrotech) from Musclemania. The guy did recommend Myprotein but decided to stick to my purchase.
Bought nitrotech before and it's cookies and cream. Tastes like shit then i sold to my friend.

Had myprotein few months ago and im having chocolate smooth but it tastes too sweet for me.

Right now im back to on. Glad didn't have lactose right now
Kaellis
post Jul 13 2017, 09:08 AM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jul 12 2017, 06:57 PM)
Better buy MyProtein direct from UK, cheaper than retail here with shipping (i bought 5kg pack twice , not Whey Isolate just normal Whey)
Here is my referral 25% discount code
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

you can order sample packet to do a taste test

I recommend you buy this from Myprotein SG for cheaper shipping

calapia
post Jul 13 2017, 02:03 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Kaellis @ Jul 13 2017, 09:08 AM)
Better buy MyProtein direct from UK, cheaper than retail here with shipping (i bought 5kg pack twice , not Whey Isolate just normal Whey)

yawor... Myprotein SG cheaper...too bad i just stock up..... perhaps Myprotein MY coming soon... biggrin.gif
Xccess
post Jul 13 2017, 03:30 PM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

Noted. Will do further research before switching. Thanks!

Lionel90
post Jul 13 2017, 07:11 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

I think SG doesnt ship to MY. I tried a packet of 5kg of it's whey before, mix-ability is very bad. Every serving I have to swallow at least a clump of undissolved whey.

But if anyone doesnt mind that then it's quite good value, 200 servings / 5kg pack. Just that it's protein per serving kinda low, if we choose to believe the labels of all manufacturers
Kaellis
post Jul 13 2017, 10:19 PM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 13 2017, 07:11 PM)
I think SG doesnt ship to MY. I tried a packet of 5kg of it's whey before, mix-ability is very bad. Every serving I have to swallow at least a clump of undissolved whey.

But if anyone doesnt mind that then it's quite good value, 200 servings / 5kg pack. Just that it's protein per serving kinda low, if we choose to believe the labels of all manufacturers
I dont know MyProteinSG doesn't ship to MY, thinking to try few sachet and save some shipping charge from UK site tongue.gif

Mix-ability is okay when for me when using blender, few when stirring with spoon

When comparing protein per serving size Optimum Nutrition(example since its popular)
is 24g protein from 30g serving

while MyProtein is only 21g protein from 25g serving.

But if you take 30g scoop from MyProtein its 24.5 protein per serving

Lionel90
post Jul 13 2017, 11:04 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Kaellis @ Jul 13 2017, 10:19 PM)
I dont know MyProteinSG doesn't ship to MY, thinking to try few sachet and save some shipping charge from UK site tongue.gif

Mix-ability is okay when for me when using blender, few when stirring with spoon

When comparing protein per serving size Optimum Nutrition(example since its popular)
is 24g protein from 30g serving

while MyProtein is only 21g protein from 25g serving.

But if you take 30g scoop from MyProtein its 24.5 protein per serving
Yea, I do notice that the lesser protein per serving is down to the fact that its serving size is smaller. If it werent for the mix-ability problem, I'd gladly continue using MyProtein. For about the same price (after conversion), 1/3 more servings than ON is almost unfair.
Everdying
post Jul 14 2017, 10:22 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:04 PM)
Yea, I do notice that the lesser protein per serving is down to the fact that its serving size is smaller. If it werent for the mix-ability problem, I'd gladly continue using MyProtein. For about the same price (after conversion), 1/3 more servings than ON is almost unfair.
buy rule1... original owners of ON...
Lionel90
post Jul 14 2017, 10:53 AM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Jul 14 2017, 10:22 AM)
buy rule1... original owners of ON...
Almost same price per serving leh. Some more kinda difficult to source it seems.

Why would u recommend it over ON though?
Everdying
post Jul 14 2017, 11:00 AM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 14 2017, 10:53 AM)
Almost same price per serving leh. Some more kinda difficult to source it seems.

Why would u recommend it over ON though?
where got same price?
if buy in-store here...which i get from wdc.
r1 5lbs rm179.
on 5lbs rm208.

both basically 70 scoops, 24gms protein.
of cos if go 10lbs its much cheaper.

24 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 AM