Let me teach you how to spot good protein, Supplement sellers "might" hate me

views

calapia
post Jan 28 2015, 01:21 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(tenno @ Jan 11 2015, 09:13 AM)
Better la ofcoz.. tongue.gif
bro wats the diff?? i know iso 100 has a high rating and good review. but how does it affect ur lift and recovery?

i hv been taking nitrotech too..so far so good... going to finish soon and planning to change....
calapia
post Apr 12 2017, 01:01 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Apr 11 2017, 06:44 PM)
i use rule 1 whey, cos cheaper than ON...and basically made by the same ppl.
i use rule1 also... then recently only changed to UN. unless got special deal for ON then i ll get it.

QUOTE(bafukie @ Apr 12 2017, 06:38 AM)
If u guys r looking for UN prostar, check out lazada. Rm284 for 10lbs excluding 10% disc for maybank card holder. Free shipping summore. Manyak worth it.
rm284... almost same as myprotein... do check out myprotein. is pretty good product. you can check out labdoor.

usually i look for no sugar and natural whey. UN prostar has it... ON used to but no longer taking in here in msia.... rule1 has it too but with sweetener... i might wanna try myprotein next depend on the price..
calapia
post Apr 13 2017, 10:20 AM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Apr 12 2017, 05:23 PM)
ON natural whey? isolate?
only thing nice about ON is it doesnt taste sweet...guess some call it bland...

does any physical shop around PJ stock UN?
yea ON natural whey.... not the isolate. its brown instead of red color. i checked BMF and other online (those i familiar with), so far seems no stock for UN prostar. i already fb msg UN.

QUOTE(bafukie @ Apr 12 2017, 05:31 PM)
Im using myprotein now, directly shipped from UK. Just not worth my time and hassle as it was tahan at kastam. Profile wise, my protein only 20g of protein per serving whereas UN is 24g if my memory serve me correctly. Never was a fan of ON, their taste albeit vanilla or chocolate taste very weird.
i was on ON the first time. normal ON. taste ok ok.... but i can tell you rule1 taste even worse but good profile and same owner as ON.....

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Apr 12 2017, 05:49 PM)
U order in bulk bro? I have just finished mine, and no problem with custom when I ordered. I think someone mentioned about there is a threshold amount for import value. I only ordered 1pack of 5kg to try.

I think the taste is spot on, just the right sweetness, I tried Vanilla by the way.

Mix-ability sucks though. A lot of bubbles if shaken vigorously sweat.gif

Planning to try the isolate, RM400+ after conversion for 200 servings, makes it cheaper than ON isolate.
400+ thats how many kg or lb? does it include shipping as well?. thinking is it worth to get and ship?? it cost around 20gbp for shipping to msia...

calapia
post Apr 13 2017, 01:45 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Apr 13 2017, 10:33 AM)
Around 440, calculated inclusive of shipping of 15GBP, subject to fluctuations of FX. For 5kg, 200 servings. Did I say it's for isolate?

The shipping fee is a pain in the wallet. If could order more than 1 pack without hassles at the custom I think it's worthy to get it. Still waiting for a forumer to reply why he got into a problem with custom.

I was gonna get it, then EjiNutrition near my place restock ON, so I got ON GS instead.
hehe i check yes seems ON GS got restock.... also i found something.. bmf.my seems to have divorce from bigmusclefood.... cause i msg UN for info and they told me to get stock from bigmusclefood in puchong and not the online store bmf.my... true enuv, i text the store owner they hv the product and bmf.my don't have..... hmm.gif

aiyah..then bigmusclefood (if you see this) faster invest in new online system so that i no need drive all the way to buy.....
calapia
post Apr 20 2017, 02:21 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(rakyat @ Apr 20 2017, 12:38 PM)
Rm369 for 5kg? Pretty expensive for an 'unknown' brand no? Why take the risk when u can get established brands for even cheaper price?

Similar to a guy in my gym trying to sell an obscure eastern Europe brand of supplements at premium prices and wonder why there were no takers.
agree with you bro... i did googled lush quite sometime back and they expand their product line quite a lot... if its fake i guess people will sue them already.
but seriously their ultrafiltered concentrated protein is not exactly cheap compare to other brand e.g UN or ON. UN or ON they use blend but with isolate and concentrate also not just concentrate... perhaps some protein expert can advice? the only point i can think of lush is filler free vs non filler free... lush seems filler free
calapia
post Jul 13 2017, 02:03 PM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Kaellis @ Jul 13 2017, 09:08 AM)
Better buy MyProtein direct from UK, cheaper than retail here with shipping (i bought 5kg pack twice , not Whey Isolate just normal Whey)
Here is my referral 25% discount code 
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

you can order sample packet to do a taste test

I recommend you buy this from Myprotein SG for cheaper shipping
yawor... Myprotein SG cheaper...too bad i just stock up..... perhaps Myprotein MY coming soon... biggrin.gif
calapia
post Jul 14 2017, 11:06 AM

On my way
683 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 13 2017, 11:04 PM)
Yea, I do notice that the lesser protein per serving is down to the fact that its serving size is smaller. If it werent for the mix-ability problem, I'd gladly continue using MyProtein. For about the same price (after conversion), 1/3 more servings than ON is almost unfair.
eh hope u guys are comparing apple to apple here.. myprotein impact is WPC. ON gold standard is WPI+WPC. perhaps compare myprotein impact WPC to rule1 blend since both are WPC....

on market WPC is always slightly cheaper than WPI blend. for those who dont mind then yes by all mean WPC all the way since its cheaper and still protein ya.... no bro science

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0267sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:47 AM