Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 136 137 138 139 140 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

lavenzo
post Apr 10 2019, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 10 2019, 01:01 AM)
It's okay. What is your budget like? And are you comfortable buying online?
Around 3.5k for the whole ring, any good recommendations ? smile.gif
kambingkoh
post Apr 10 2019, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 10 2019, 11:23 AM)
May I know your location?
lavenzo
post Apr 10 2019, 10:50 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 10 2019, 01:28 PM)
May I know your location?
KL area smile.gif
kambingkoh
post Apr 11 2019, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 10 2019, 10:50 PM)
KL area smile.gif
Have you consider tp lower the carat weight in order to achieve a better colour?
TheGemTribe
post Apr 12 2019, 12:50 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 5 2019, 09:22 AM)
Thanks for sharing, Shannon.  smile.gif

This is particularly interesting, so can I say that all the diamonds you source will be physically available in Malaysia? As far as I know, some people prefer to pick diamond by actually looking at them, as in the real stuff, not photos. Possible to do that with TGT?

That's a lovely 0.45ct, mind sharing the number?
Most welcome Yang Kin! I'm always happy to enlighten. : )

More specifically, the diamonds I source are either already IN Malaysia, or is in-transit from Hong Kong, India, U.S. and even Isreal . As mentioned earlier, my suppliers are internationally-linked big players in the industry and supplies to 60% of our KL market, so they replenish their stock bi-weekly to meet demand.

Yes, I understand there are a lot of customers who prefer to see their diamond in person when they buy a diamond. A lot of those customers may have already surveyed and bought from big retailers (with severely marked up prices) or from smaller, private jewellers who carry smaller amounts of inventory (lesser options).

At the same time, many LYF readers here are also people who are looking for alternatives with better prices and are genuinely interested in ensuring the diamond they buy are excellent diamonds to represent their love. Many are first time diamond/jewelry buyers who are new to the topic and may be super confused by the overwhelming technical diamond jargon and testing methods discussed here.

Many here whom I've met and serviced are sincere, careful people who do not want to risk their hard earned money paying thousands to an overseas account, buying a diamond online that they themselves nor anyone else here has ever actually seen! They were unwilling to gamble the fate of their proposal to a 50-50 chance of getting a gemstone they cannot verify. Do you know how many lower priced diamond simulants such as moissanite, white sapphire, white topaz, cubic zirconia, strontium titanate (just to name a few) are sold as diamonds in the market today? Imagine overpaying for a non-GIA certified "diamond" that could very well be a lab grown diamond or worse, a moissanite? To an untrained eye, are you really confident in your purchase? Mind you, moissanite is a very different, highly brilliant man-made gem that registers as a diamond on digital diamond testers.

Here's a video of what a moissanite looks like for those of you who are curious : Moissanite Ring

My clients are the same people who have been reading and following this thread, done their extensive market research and have surveyed all the retailers including private jewellers. Clients who choose TGT's services are those who have met with me and found trust and confidence in an internationally recognized trade professional (GIA Gemologist) to guarantee that their diamond is a real and excellent stone in ALL aspects of the 4Cs - balance, which is the key to getting a guaranteed true excellent stone.

Yes, they may not see the diamonds in person initially during the selection, but they are borrowing the eyes and experience of a sincere expert, who has no pressure of selling existing stock, to help source through 20-30 diamonds and to verify for them IN PERSON, with only ONE mission of getting them the best and most brilliant diamond of what their budget allows! We don't just send pictures with no narration or advice. We update our clients through high resolution videos in real time with the actual stones being compared side by side. Clients don't have to wait long to see their diamond neither as we arrange to meet them the same night the stone is sourced!

It is truly a personalized experience overall that we can guarantee. No 50/50 risk. No waiting and paying for delivery. That is why we are a jewelry service business - an expert concierge for all your jewelry needs. We are not an affiliate, not a regular salesperson, not a jeweller nor a retailer. We are industry professionals who are stepping up to share, inform and help our sincere Malaysians make educated buying decisions with confidence. : )

With permission received from my client, here is his gorgeous diamond - GIA#7313938912.
I will have videos of his piece uploaded and shared here soon. Enjoy! : ]

TheGemTribe
post Apr 12 2019, 02:21 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 9 2019, 07:26 PM)
Hi would like to ask if this diamond price ok?

Color : k
Clarity : vvs2
Cut : excellent (3ex)
Carat: 0.36

Rm2144
Hi Lavenzo. The diamond price is ok for that size. Do understand that the reason it is considered cheap for it's size is because it is really, REALLY yellow. Above average yellow. : )

Nonetheless, if you are planning on setting it in a yellow gold mounting and not a white gold mounting, the yellowness might be masked and less obvious.

The last thing you should consider clearly before jumping for that option is, cut, since the clarity seems to be quite high.
It would be helpful to share whether you found the diamond attractive and "sparkly" enough or not. : ))

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 10 2019, 11:23 AM)
For Rm3,500, you could actually consider a few options :

Averaging your ring mounting 18kt Yellow or 18kt White gold to be around Rm1200-Rm1800 (depending on design),
leaves us at around Rm2000 for your diamond.

If you care less about size and more about quality, you can choose to bring the carat size down. Realistically you can afford a 0.20ct-0.28cts (right under 0.30ct at the safe range of E-G colour, VS1-VS2 clarity) with true Triple Excellent cut.

OR

If you care about size and less about quality, then I advise you to compromise on clarity and not colour.
The concept of colour is something that is easily understood by us human beings. Some people may be less sensitive; while some are like myself, more sensitive. With a K colour, even less sensitive people will be able to pick up the yellowness easily.

You can't say the same about clarity. Majority of the consumers do not understand clarity as it is more technical and requires deeper study into knowing what and how an inclusion can affect the light performance and brilliance of the diamond.
Chances are, even if the stone was a SI1 stone, your future wife may not be able to notice the clarity flaws. But she would certainly notice the yellowness of her diamond if it were a K colour.

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 11 2019, 09:42 PM)
Have you consider tp lower the carat weight in order to achieve a better colour?
I agree with Kambing Koh on this. You need to ask yourself what is more important to you. Quality? Size? Or Price? : )

We offer free consultation to understand your needs better. We are GIA Gemologists who specialize in getting our clients the best of what their budget can offer and our TGT office is based in Cheras. : ] Our service and prices are offered below retail price. You are welcome to PM us or WhatsApp us directly at +60122279525 to consider better options. Good luck Lavenzo! wink.gif
lavenzo
post Apr 12 2019, 03:32 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 11 2019, 09:42 PM)
I think 0.3 quite suitable for me now, avg grade is already fine for me.. I did compare the k color and a f color stone side by side... yes it does not spark as the f color but it seems ok though.. Hmm if top up abit can get higher color? Perhaps h or I?
TheGemTribe
post Apr 12 2019, 10:36 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 12 2019, 03:32 PM)
I think 0.3 quite suitable for me now, avg grade is already fine for me.. I did compare the k color and a f color stone side by side...  yes it does not spark as the f color but it seems ok though.. Hmm if top up abit can get higher color? Perhaps h or I?
Yes! It is entirely possible to get a really excellent stone with better, well rounded specs! For colour, you may expect even up to F or G colour too at around Rm3000-Rm3400. nod.gif
kambingkoh
post Apr 13 2019, 01:12 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(lavenzo @ Apr 12 2019, 03:32 PM)
I think 0.3 quite suitable for me now, avg grade is already fine for me.. I did compare the k color and a f color stone side by side...  yes it does not spark as the f color but it seems ok though.. Hmm if top up abit can get higher color? Perhaps h or I?
If you are targeting average and above quality, you can consider the below by topping-up at most RM 750.

https://www.tailoredjewel.com/tjs-picks/diamond-rings/

https://zcova.com/blog/15/zcova-engagement-...r-your-proposal!
post Apr 14 2019, 07:39 PM

Avengers Assemble!
833 posts

Anyone came across man made diamonds?
Look and shine like diamond and the price is very low.
Today saw one like 2.5k for 1ct + 18k ring.
I can't differentiate it even with scope, I can see hearts and arrows.

Any cons from this type of stimulated diamond?
thefryingfox
post Apr 14 2019, 07:42 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

Got mine from eumayco.....pretty good pricing and quality is good.
kambingkoh
post Apr 14 2019, 09:07 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(55665566 @ Apr 14 2019, 07:39 PM)
Anyone came across man made diamonds?
Look and shine like diamond and the price is very low.
Today saw one like 2.5k for 1ct + 18k ring.
I can't differentiate it even with scope, I can see hearts and arrows.

Any cons from this type of stimulated diamond?
Man made diamonds? Are you referring to lab grown diamonds?
kambingkoh
post Apr 14 2019, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(thefryingfox @ Apr 14 2019, 07:42 PM)
Got mine from eumayco.....pretty good pricing and quality is good.
Good to hear that. Mind share?
thefryingfox
post Apr 14 2019, 09:23 PM

Lonely Maharajah
5,165 posts

Search in Facebook eumayco jewellery

They are a small shop....specialize in wedding rings.....gott my wife a diamond ring...good quality stone for 8k 3 year ago
tzehan_dk
post Apr 14 2019, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

My preference is
Color - G, H, I
Clarity - SI1, VS2
Carat - 1.38ct

What would a very competitive price be for the above specs?
kambingkoh
post Apr 15 2019, 01:25 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tzehan_dk @ Apr 14 2019, 11:27 PM)
My preference is
Color - G, H, I
Clarity - SI1, VS2
Carat - 1.38ct

What would a very competitive price be for the above specs?
You can check on Enchanted Diamonds for the estimate price:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/sear...metry=Excellent

or BlueNile:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search

Convert the price to USD: https://transfer.moneymatch.co/

Enchanted Diamonds is able to ship to Malaysia for free, if not mistaken. Loose diamond has no tax.

BlueNile DOES NOT ship to Malaysia.

Nonetheless, anything you saw that interests you, ZCOVA - https://zcova.com/ can help you to source it.

Price wise, most likely between RM 40000 - RM 50000.
tzehan_dk
post Apr 15 2019, 02:28 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 15 2019, 01:25 AM)
You can check on Enchanted Diamonds for the estimate price:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/sear...metry=Excellent

or BlueNile:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search

Convert the price to USD: https://transfer.moneymatch.co/

Enchanted Diamonds is able to ship to Malaysia for free, if not mistaken. Loose diamond has no tax.

BlueNile DOES NOT ship to Malaysia.

Nonetheless, anything you saw that interests you, ZCOVA - https://zcova.com/ can help you to source it.

Price wise, most likely between RM 40000 - RM 50000.
Thanks for the help.

Question: Obviously buying from Enchanted Diamonds would be ideal over Zcova then, as it's cheaper?
kambingkoh
post Apr 15 2019, 03:38 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tzehan_dk @ Apr 15 2019, 02:28 AM)
Thanks for the help.

Question: Obviously buying from Enchanted Diamonds would be ideal over Zcova then, as it's cheaper?
ZCOVA has a price match policy. They might be able to offer you similar price. No harm asking.
post Apr 15 2019, 08:00 AM

Avengers Assemble!
833 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 14 2019, 09:07 PM)
Man made diamonds? Are you referring to lab grown diamonds?
Yes, any cons you can think of other than not real diamond?
kambingkoh
post Apr 15 2019, 08:21 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(55665566 @ Apr 15 2019, 08:00 AM)
Yes, any cons you can think of other than not real diamond?
If lab grown, they are practically diamond. Cons? Perhaps lacking the "historical" value.

Nonetheless, look for one that has a grading report. I know IGI does grade lab grown. Not sure about GIA.

Also, the price you stated seems abit too cheap to be true, so I would say make some more inquiry. Lab grown is cheaper, but not as cheap as that.

In Malaysia, I think the one selling is Gordon Max.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Apr 15 2019, 09:00 AM

228 Pages « < 136 137 138 139 140 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 PM