Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

224 Pages « < 193 194 195 196 197 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Guitar Phreaks Club, I get up and nothin' gets me down...

views

Bonchi
post Mar 2 2018, 01:18 PM

KittehPowah
1,649 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Mar 2 2018, 12:15 PM)
hmm the ms50g is rm454 at ck now.
but they also have a cheaper one in the vox stomplab 2g which looks more interesting.
i have tried my friend's vox tonelab. should be rather identical to the stomplab. It cannot disable the amp modeling, but as it is. apart from being a little tricky to setup, It is damn bang for buck actually.

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 2 2018, 12:50 PM)
i had the ms50g, i think when it launched it was selling much cheaper than now does. bought it in a sale, sold it for profits biggrin.gif

still a bargain though, great as a backup unit since its so small and can cover so much. If youre only into the effects and not distortion, theres another model ms-50cdr that doesnt have od/dist/amp but more mods/delay/reverbs. the only cons is its hard to switch mid song, and the switches are not super sturdy just be careful when using.

the stomplab is ok but cant really compete with it. yeah i have that one too..and the ck staff are nice they will let u test kau kau.. i did that a few times biggrin.gif
you mean the ms70cdr? that's actually a little bit more expensive than the ms50g huhuhu. and online says due to the new firmware update, the ms50g now has more effects.

lucky you! still seem like a pretty good bargain at RM454. cheaper than buying a dedicated delay, chorus, reverb, etc which are mostly digital to begin with anyways. laugh.gif
+3kk!
post Mar 2 2018, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(Bonchi @ Mar 2 2018, 01:18 PM)
i have tried my friend's vox tonelab. should be rather identical to the stomplab. It cannot disable the amp modeling, but as it is. apart from being a little tricky to setup, It is damn bang for buck actually.

im quite certain you can turn off amp models in the tone lab, unless they made the new units or the cheaper models to not have this feature

on another note

this year im getting something white and avian related

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Mar 2 2018, 02:14 PM
+3kk!
post Mar 2 2018, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

DP

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Mar 2 2018, 02:13 PM
echobrainproject
post Mar 2 2018, 02:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,765 posts

QUOTE(7swell @ Mar 2 2018, 10:50 AM)
Gibson slowly selling off all their businesses

https://www.musicradar.com/news/bandlab-res...alk-from-gibson
The Kuok family getting into the action
Bonchi
post Mar 2 2018, 03:53 PM

KittehPowah
1,649 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Mar 2 2018, 02:12 PM)
im quite certain you can turn off amp models in the tone lab, unless they made the new units or the cheaper models to not have this feature

on another note

this year im getting something white and avian related
ah after reading the manual again thoroughly you're right about the tonelab. need to hold the switch down for 2 secs to turn off.

seems like the newer cheaper model can too. hmmmm now it became another choice to make :swt: guess i should just head down to ck.
thanks!
Kelvw
post Mar 3 2018, 01:09 AM

Regular
1,588 posts

Been MIA from this thread for awhile now. Got distracted with other interests lol.

Anyway I had quite an eventful week meeting Jeorge Tripps, the man behind all the fantastic WayHuge and MXR pedals. We got to see some new upcoming pedals due to be release soon and some never seen before prototype pedals.

user posted image

user posted image

Interesting prototypes

user posted image

current line up

user posted image

Signed proto #8 of 10

user posted image

Russian Pickle proto

user posted image

Talking about capcitors and getting my pedals signed

user posted image

I haven't been buying gears for awhile now. But I could not resist this. Perfect addition to my FuzzFaces.

user posted image

Some goodies throw in. Russian pickle tee and WayHuge pick tin, doubt the tins were for sale.
Interesting story about this copper fuzz, it's more like a transitional pedal between the polished copper and the current black fuzz. The polished copper was PITA to make as there were high failure rates. It was discontinued and an alternative was needed, hence a non shinny copper face but it was decided to go black for production instead. There were only 2 made, Jeorge has one and one sitting proudly with me.
Was nice to have Bonamassa and Jeorge's signature as a bonus.

user posted image

Meet the family.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Kelvw: Mar 3 2018, 01:18 AM
pleasuresaurus
post Mar 3 2018, 12:44 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Style wei! Was it an issue to manufacture because of the copper material used for the fuzzface's housing ka? Man, I whish we get interesting events like these over here. I'd just go if only just to get my grubby lil fingers in them freebies sweat.gif
Kelvw
post Mar 3 2018, 08:20 PM

Regular
1,588 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Mar 3 2018, 12:44 PM)

Style wei! Was it an issue to manufacture because of the copper material used for the fuzzface's housing ka? Man, I whish we get interesting events like these over here. I'd just go if only just to get my grubby lil fingers in them freebies sweat.gif
Yup exactly, the polished copper had a high failure rate during manufacturing. I could imagine it not easy to get a high polish over a larger surface.

We just had a Guitar show last weekend as well. Got to see some interesting builds and some new gears from NAMM.
Freebies not as much as previous years, just the odd free picks, lanyards and tshirt.

This post has been edited by Kelvw: Mar 3 2018, 08:24 PM
quarantined
post Mar 5 2018, 12:30 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

Yumm..i like me some fuzzz. Here's a good documentary, George Tripps and many other makers are on it.

Gave the Indonesean Ibanez AZ a try, pretty good guitar if not for the exorbitant price. Love the slightly chunky neck.
+3kk!
post Mar 5 2018, 03:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 5 2018, 12:30 PM)
Yumm..i like me some fuzzz. Here's a good documentary, George Tripps and many other makers are on it.

Gave the Indonesean Ibanez AZ a try, pretty good guitar if not for the exorbitant price. Love the slightly chunky neck.
wonder will the ibz bois pick it up

thus far its a no from me laugh.gif
quarantined
post Mar 5 2018, 04:35 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Mar 5 2018, 03:48 PM)
thus far its a no from me laugh.gif
Why though? just based on past experience?

I gotta say though, while look, plays and sounds great, that AZ is not the most well build Indon guitar i've played. so upper 3k is the most i consider ok, but it is over 5k in Bents. biggrin.gif

OTOH if Prestiges AZ is priced not much over that could be a good buy..

This post has been edited by quarantined: Mar 5 2018, 04:39 PM
+3kk!
post Mar 5 2018, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 5 2018, 04:35 PM)
Why though? just based on past experience?

I gotta say though, while look, plays and sounds great, that AZ is not the most well build Indon guitar i've played. so upper 3k is the most i consider ok, but it is over 5k in Bents.  biggrin.gif

OTOH if Prestiges AZ is priced not much over that could be a good buy..
same concerns as yours, its just far too expensive and it carries no ibz characteristics. Its like they saw a picture of a Suhr , call FGN to make them an odyssy copy, then totally ignore why the other companies charge that much for an Suhr s3

Bonchi
post Mar 5 2018, 05:58 PM

KittehPowah
1,649 posts

went to ck and spent some time testing out the vox and zoom, decided to get the zoom in the end. thanks guys for the input rclxms.gif

drillz:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
pleasuresaurus
post Mar 5 2018, 07:45 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 5 2018, 12:30 PM)

"There's a safe level, there's an unsafe level" hahahahaha

Interesting stuff this, now I have some history to go with these boxes, thanks for sharing the video.

This post has been edited by pleasuresaurus: Mar 5 2018, 07:45 PM
quarantined
post Mar 6 2018, 12:19 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Mar 5 2018, 04:55 PM)
same concerns as yours, its just far too expensive and it carries no ibz characteristics. Its like they saw a picture of a Suhr , call FGN to make them an odyssy copy, then totally ignore why the other companies charge that much for an Suhr s3
why would anyone pick an ibanez over the suhr right? crazy..

too bad, i always wished ibanez would show up more traditional strat like guitars in the whole range not dissimilar to RGs.. seem like they forgo the budget line these days
quarantined
post Mar 6 2018, 12:44 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Mar 5 2018, 07:45 PM)
"There's a safe level, there's an unsafe level" hahahahaha

Interesting stuff this, now I have some history to go with these boxes, thanks for sharing the video.
no problem, gosh i love this vid when i was a kid. dont know how many pedals were bought because of this and andy
+3kk!
post Mar 6 2018, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 6 2018, 12:19 PM)
why would anyone pick an ibanez over the suhr right? crazy..

too bad, i always wished ibanez would show up more traditional strat like guitars in the whole range not dissimilar to RGs.. seem like they forgo the budget line these days
yea the ibz is slightly cheaper if im not mistaken but not enough to make me choose them

its like hte JM PRS released today, im like if im not a JM fan or a PRS diehard, theres no reason to buy that guitar

then again suhr we know of is not hte suhr of yesterday, so i dont think i would choose either
quarantined
post Mar 6 2018, 02:19 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

or just get a PRS SE EG.. zzz

So Suhrs also not doing well? I'm not really following them cause i never like their shape tbh
+3kk!
post Mar 6 2018, 02:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Mar 6 2018, 02:19 PM)
or just get a PRS SE EG.. zzz

So Suhrs also not doing well? I'm not really following them cause i never like their shape tbh
on the contrary , doing too well

they are the new over priced mass production guitar brand that everyone thinks is boutique cause suhr says so. They fit into this market segment where people have yet to decide if they are a mass produced or a boutique company

but the pro series is as mass produced as anything that comes by, cost 16k a pop while custom shops now go for like 20-30k i think. Recently me , gapnap (if u rmb him) and everdying went bents sg wang to have a look, i saw something like veneer on the tops as the sides dont match.

It had some suspect signs (burst finish with pitch black sides, wood grain doesnt alin and the top looks cheap), but we could just make an educated guess, i dont think anyone is going to buy that guitar and strip the finish off to prove its a legit top

owh well since that spot is occupied by the anderson in my collection, i guess i wont be buying a suhr anytime soon.

pleasuresaurus
post Mar 6 2018, 04:37 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

Dei, wat is dis magical world of disney crap?! Its like checking out a chick with a hot body, scrolling up then going "butter face" doh.gif

And everybody is being politically correct saying "modeled after 1963/1964 vintage instruments" instead off "cloned off a pre-CBS Fender Strat" sweat.gif

This post has been edited by pleasuresaurus: Mar 6 2018, 04:43 PM

224 Pages « < 193 194 195 196 197 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:17 PM