Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Car Tint Advice - V2, Raytech, Vkool, Huper Optic, 3M or .....

views

sj0217
post Dec 5 2013, 06:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Dec 5 2013, 02:40 PM)
According to IWFA, Safety film ranges in thickness 4 mils to upwards of 21 mils and thicker. Somehow, for automobile window use is recommend between 4mil to 6mil thickness. Window film above 6mil may cause disrupt to your power window in 1-2 years time. Some car manufacturer already facing this problem few years ago and only experience shop will aware of this issue.

However we find a lot of shop offering 4-5mil thickness safety film to customer, but they tell the customer is 6-8mil. Guys, thicker safety film is not the selling point, laboratory on physical performance of safety film is the selling point.

In theory, 7mil thickness film provides slightly better smash resistance compare to 5mil, infact it is not much different in safety performance and costing. In Malaysia, safety film come with solar control performance. The different of price is normally due to different heat rejection. According to Raytech report, the metal/ ceramic coating on the film for heat rejection performance is so expensive in USA, on the other hand, the costing for the thickness of the film between 4-7mil is about the same.
Do you mean no point to go for 7 mil if compare to 6 mil? Since you mentioned above there is no much different in safety performance and costing, but definitely different on heat rejection
sj0217
post Jan 19 2014, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(furiousangel @ Jan 19 2014, 01:36 PM)
Visited Raytech Cheras branch yesterday to get my new car done. It's my 3rd car done by Raytech and their service and workmanship was up to expectation. Heard from a lot of forummers who are concerned with removing the door panel, which worries me of course. But they assure everything will be well taken care of smile.gif In conclusion, am happy with the work done thumbup.gif

Here are some pictures for viewing pleasure tongue.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Nice !!! rclxms.gif

Are you apply for 7mil??
sj0217
post Jun 17 2014, 08:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(Lord Gitsy @ Jun 16 2014, 11:46 PM)
Hi guys, sorry i am busy these days, sorry for late reply.
I think everybody know the front windscreen the VLT must above 70% and VLT for the side and the back should above 50% in order to compliant with JPJ rules. Centurion 4mil VLT58% is only apply for the side, should have not problem at all. In Centurion 4mil package, the front will be Raytech Ultra 70. Indeed, most of the glass is not 100% clear, so we need higher VLT film to apply on the glass to make sure it is still compliant with JPJ.

Message from Raytech Malaysia, we will still continuously offering JPJ and Polis guarantee to all customer no matter what happened.[cool.gif
Good to hear from you about Message from Raytech (M) thumbup.gif
sj0217
post Sep 13 2014, 12:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(beyond86 @ Sep 12 2014, 09:37 PM)
Hi all, my new nissan almera going to use Raytech, original price from RM1200, but discount 30%, is RM840, this brand ok?
So far I'm satisfy with the tinting for my two cars

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0247sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:10 AM