Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please keep your account's email current. http://lowy.at/chgEmail

705 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ASUS Malaysia Networking User & Technical Support, Managed by ASUS Malaysia Representative (Home Networking)

views

yimingwuzere
post Jan 10 2013, 01:08 PM

Enthusiast
962 posts

Using a RT-N12 C1 router and a desktop on a P8Z77-I Deluxe.

Desktop is having issues with packet loss causing lagspike and sometimes disconnects when gaming. This is despite the desktop being just one room away and Windows gives a full signal bar for the wireless network. Tested with LAN connection to check if Unifi is the issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Using 2.1.1.1.67 firmware on the router.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
TSASUSmy
post Jan 10 2013, 05:47 PM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(yimingwuzere @ Jan 10 2013, 01:08 PM)
Using a RT-N12 C1 router and a desktop on a P8Z77-I Deluxe.

Desktop is having issues with packet loss causing lagspike and sometimes disconnects when gaming. This is despite the desktop being just one room away and Windows gives a full signal bar for the wireless network. Tested with LAN connection to check if Unifi is the issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Using 2.1.1.1.67 firmware on the router.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Hi yimingwuzere, we got a newer version of firmware available on the website. Can you update it and see whether the problem still persist or not.

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLan...1_VER211178.zip

Thank you
lion8667
post Jan 10 2013, 07:28 PM

0 posts

When the RT-N12 HP (long antennas) available in local shops? Thanks
h_f_x
post Jan 10 2013, 09:44 PM

0 posts

I just bought an ASUS Router (RT-N56U) for my UNIFI connection and after setting it up, it worked well on the first day. Next day, I updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.318 and right now only the 5GHz wireless is working. How can I fix this?

Under the advanced settings > wireless > general, all of the settings are the same for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz except the SSID.

I really need the 2.4GHz signal because 5GHz wont reach my room...

Thanks.
TSASUSmy
post Jan 11 2013, 08:51 AM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(h_f_x @ Jan 10 2013, 09:44 PM)
I just bought an ASUS Router (RT-N56U) for my UNIFI connection and after setting it up, it worked well on the first day. Next day, I updated to firmware 3.0.0.4.318 and right now only the 5GHz wireless is working. How can I fix this?

Under the advanced settings > wireless > general, all of the settings are the same for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz except the SSID.

I really need the 2.4GHz signal because 5GHz wont reach my room...

Thanks.
Hi h_f_x, if can try do a factory reset and see the problem still persist or not.

Thank you
nyunyu
post Jan 11 2013, 10:21 AM

His Royal Highness
1,310 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jan 10 2013, 10:08 AM)
Hi, I have Asus RT-N56U and I was wondering if the Padavan's version of the firmware is better than official Asus firmware? From klseet.com seems to have better speed of padavan's compared to the official and I was also wondering will I void Asus warranty if I were to flash the custom firmware over Asus?

Thanks.
Hi AsusMY, just curious to know if my question is not part of technical question since i dont get any reply.
TSASUSmy
post Jan 11 2013, 10:23 AM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(lion8667 @ Jan 10 2013, 07:28 PM)
When the RT-N12 HP (long antennas) available in local shops?  Thanks
Hi lion8667, the RT-N12HP are estimated to be available within February 2013. You can stay tune in our Facebook for more update. biggrin.gif

http://www.facebook.com/asusmalaysia?flyingspaghettimonster=ts&fref=ts

Thank you
TSASUSmy
post Jan 11 2013, 10:41 AM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jan 11 2013, 10:21 AM)
Hi AsusMY, just curious to know if my question is not part of technical question since i dont get any reply.
Hi nyunyu, due to Padavan firmware is not our official firmware, I unable to give any comment on this. And I can see that you get this information from KL Seet, maybe you can know more from them.

As for the warranty you can refer to the warranty policy below. The dealer/service centre have the right to reject the warranty "if" they found out the device are damage because of third party firmware.

Networking Warranty Policy
A Limited Warranty is offered on Asus Networking products. This Limited Warranty does not cover any software applications or programs; non-Asus products or non-Asus branded peripherals.

Asus guarantees that the Asus Networking products that you have purchased are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. The Limited Warranty Period starts from the date of purchase. Your sales receipt, showing the date of purchase , is the proof of your purchase date. You may be required by your Purchase Site or Asus Authorized service Providers to present the proof of purchase as a condition of receiving warranty service. You are entitled to a hardware warranty service if a repair is required within the Limited Warranty Period.

During the Limited Warranty Period, Asus will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All spare-parts or module removed under this Limited Warranty become the property of Asus .

Exclusions from this Limited Warranty Service

Asus does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of this product. Any technical or other support provided for the product under warranty, such as assistance via telephone with “how-to” questions and those regarding product setup and information, being provided without warranties of any kind. The warranty only covers failures or malfunctions occurred in normal use conditions during the warranty period, as well as for any material or workmanship defect. The warranty will not apply if:

-the product has been tampered, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;
-the serial number has been altered, cancelled or removed;
-the warranty seals have been broken or altered;
-the damage is caused by accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or -improper maintenance, or the abnormal use conditions;
-the damage is caused by an external electrical fault or any accident;
-the damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual;
-the damage is caused from the using of parts not manufactured or sold by ASUSTeK.
damage is caused from third party software or from virus(es);
-the software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.

Returning a Networking Product to your Purchase Site or an Asus Authorized Service Provider during the warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, the Service Centre reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service.

Neither Asus, Asus Notebook Service Center, Asus Authorized Service Provider , nor your reseller are responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information contained in the product which you return to Asus , Asus Notebook Service Centre or Asus Authorized Service Provider for any reason. You should remove all such information from the product prior to its return.

Asus Notebook Service Centre n or Asus Authorized Service Provider is not responsible for damage or loss of any personal data, programs, or removable storage media. Asus is not responsible for the restoration or reinstallation of any data or programs other than software installed by Asus when the the product was manufactured.

Warning:
-Warranty period may differ regionally, please check with your purchase Site.
-Warranty invalid if damage/dysfunction caused by improper handling/usage, destruction.
-Warranty invalid if serial label is removed, broken.
-Warranty invalid if disassembly by end-user or non-ASUS-authorized repair centers.

Thank you
nyunyu
post Jan 11 2013, 11:58 AM

His Royal Highness
1,310 posts

Many thanks for the reply.
Just that I thought since ASUS Malaysia listen to their customer they might've incorporated the same enhancement done to the router and working together with third party modders. So, I guess they're not. I'll stick to official fw then.

thanks again.
lion8667
post Jan 11 2013, 11:44 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 11 2013, 10:23 AM)
Hi lion8667, the RT-N12HP are estimated to be available within February 2013. You can stay tune in our Facebook for more update. biggrin.gif

http://www.facebook.com/asusmalaysia?flyin...ster=ts&fref=ts

Thank you
Thanks for reply
h_f_x
post Jan 12 2013, 12:52 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 11 2013, 08:51 AM)
Hi h_f_x, if can try do a factory reset and see the problem still persist or not.

Thank you
Thank you, factory reset solved the problem. Hopefully I wont have to do this frequently. hehe

Thanks again
digilife
post Jan 13 2013, 07:10 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
7,994 posts

Is it possible that RT-N15U support USB modem?

If not via Factory FW, what Custom FW is recommended?

I understands that Custom FW might brick the modem, but i am ready to take the risk.

Thanks

notworthy.gif
TSASUSmy
post Jan 14 2013, 12:12 PM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Jan 13 2013, 07:10 PM)
Is it possible that RT-N15U support USB modem?

If not via Factory FW, what Custom FW  is recommended?

I understands that Custom FW might brick the modem, but i am ready to take the risk.

Thanks

notworthy.gif
Hi digilife, sorry to inform you that RT-N15U do not support 3G/4G USB modem. I just go through the google, you can find some information on Tomato firmware for the 3G/4G USB modem on the web for the model RT-N15U.

Thank you
ww_lky
post Jan 14 2013, 01:16 PM

44 posts

Dear Asusmy,

Noted that you are testing YES USB Broadband on N66. Please inform us once the latest firmware is available for N16 to use YES USB.

Thanks.

Regards,
K.Y. Low.
pennykia
post Jan 15 2013, 11:57 AM

Casual
437 posts

any news for availability for PCE-AC66 ?
and bundle for RT-AC66U/PCE-AC66 promotion tongue.gif
Irfan2397
post Jan 15 2013, 02:29 PM

Please dont stalk me!!!
1,693 posts

Asus My can help me how to set Asus NT-12U on repeater mode?
TSASUSmy
post Jan 15 2013, 02:32 PM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(pennykia @ Jan 15 2013, 11:57 AM)
any news for availability for PCE-AC66 ?
and bundle for RT-AC66U/PCE-AC66 promotion tongue.gif
Hi pennykia, the PCE-AC66 will start selling this month. No news on the promotion yet but stay tune on our Facebook for more information.

Thank you
TSASUSmy
post Jan 15 2013, 03:17 PM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(Irfan2397 @ Jan 15 2013, 02:29 PM)
Asus My can help me how to set Asus NT-12U on repeater mode?
Hi Irfan2397, there is a switch at the back of the router. You push it to the mode that you want.

Thank you
Irfan2397
post Jan 15 2013, 06:07 PM

Please dont stalk me!!!
1,693 posts

QUOTE(ASUSmy @ Jan 15 2013, 04:17 PM)
Hi Irfan2397, there is a switch at the back of the router. You push it to the mode that you want.

Thank you
How to set it for the first time?
TSASUSmy
post Jan 15 2013, 06:37 PM

Regular
1,975 posts

QUOTE(Irfan2397 @ Jan 15 2013, 06:07 PM)
How to set it for the first time?
Hi Irfan2397, after you switch to repeater, log in the router using Internet browser by typing 192.168.1.1.

Default user name and password is "admin"/"admin".

After log in you will be in repeater mode, you are require to search for the network that you want to repeat and connect to it. Once connected, you are done setting up the repeater.

Thank you

705 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.92    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2021 - 08:29 PM