Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RC Flying Models V4, radio controlled aircrafts

views

Lez Pall
post Jan 23 2018, 09:35 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Jan 20 2018, 10:08 AM)
Had an awesome FPV flight yesterday especially the P-51D Mustang back into the cold skies despite those heavy season of rains and heavy winds.

Photos:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Always seeing the clouds when flying must've been scary and fkin awesome at the same time.

What VTX are you using, have you considered using the TBS Unify? that one can go up to 800mw which is perfect for your flying conditions. But very pricy ($50) though probably worth a try.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Jan 23 2018, 09:37 PM
SupermotoXL
post Jan 23 2018, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Jan 23 2018, 09:35 PM)
Always seeing the clouds when flying must've been scary and fkin awesome at the same time.

What VTX are you using, have you considered using the TBS Unify? that one can go up to 800mw which is perfect for your flying conditions. But very pricy ($50) though probably worth a try.
Not really scary up there because have plenty altitude to correct error and feel safer because i can see the whole view where i'm going. Its more scary if fly low altitude close to ground at long distance because of wind turbulance and lack of landmark visibility. biggrin.gif
I'm using an old boscam 200mw vtx unit which only cost $12 give good clean range of 7~8km even in wet condition like in previous old video. Don't have to spend much when FPV, just concentrate on DIY antennas. I have TBS unify 800mw vtx but its a junk when it comes to long range due to overheating after 10 minutes usage.

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Jan 23 2018, 09:59 PM
Lez Pall
post Jan 23 2018, 10:23 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Jan 23 2018, 09:54 PM)
Not really scary up there because have plenty altitude to correct error and feel safer because i can see the whole view where i'm going. Its more scary if fly low altitude close to ground at long distance because of wind turbulance and lack of landmark visibility. biggrin.gif
I'm using an old boscam 200mw vtx unit which only cost $12 give good clean range of 7~8km even in wet condition like in previous old video.  Don't have to spend much when FPV, just concentrate on DIY antennas.  I have TBS unify 800mw vtx  but its a junk when it comes to long range due to  overheating after 10 minutes usage.
You're right. There's more margin for error in open skies but then again you've been flying for way longer than I am so it's not as much of a blur for you biggrin.gif

I've heard of the Unify overheating issues but I assume it was due to not enough airflow. But looks like it wasn't meant to be used at 800mw for very long anyways since the primary users are mini quad flyers and you know those things don't fly very long.

An old Boscam 200mw, you mean the one with dip switches to change channel/frequencies? Why abuse yourself with such complicated systems biggrin.gif.....there's plenty of VTXs for about the same price that have a button and LED screen to show the bands and stuff.

Anyways, happy flying bro!! Your flight skills and vids are a great contribution to this thread.

SupermotoXL
post Jan 24 2018, 06:35 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

Thanks for the compliments bro smile.gif
Ah! yup the good old boscam with DIP switches and 8ch band. I still love it and have handful of it because it has some feature that was long time ago consider as redundancy and extra compare to today vtx such as 100% encapsulated heat sink, good wavelength control, RF shielding, build in microphone, excellent cooling for an hour flight, contant 200mw power and very resistant to water exposure and still alive after more 5 years of cloud torture hehehe!. For latest new vtx i just only used it on my quads. Hope you can try out one soon. Hope to see you fly this year. wink.gif
NewbieBetta
post Feb 3 2018, 07:41 PM

The Sexy Man
3,704 posts

I got a question. Why do we require a 7ch radio on Helicopter starting from size 500?

Recently I bought a Futaba 6K V2 8ch by using its R3006SB receiver it support 8ch. (the V1 support 6ch, by just updating firmware it can support 8ch)

If I'm to get a BNF kit on a 500 size Heli, can I use this radio?

This post has been edited by NewbieBetta: Feb 3 2018, 07:42 PM
SupermotoXL
post Feb 5 2018, 09:04 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(NewbieBetta @ Feb 3 2018, 07:41 PM)
I got a question. Why do we require a 7ch radio on Helicopter starting from size 500?

Recently I bought a Futaba 6K V2 8ch by using its R3006SB receiver it support 8ch. (the V1 support 6ch, by just updating firmware it can support 8ch)

Minimum basic flying heli on any size should be 6ch while advanced heli regardless what size especially 3d or aerobatic capable heli can have 7~8ch. Those extra channel use to control collective pitch/idle-up rotor rpm, gyro and also controlling flybarless controllers. If you're good at programming your controller and flybarless/flight controller/gyro the channel use can be at any range suits your flying style and control. Yes you can use your current Futaba for your 500 BNF heli as long the receiver matched your radio.

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Feb 5 2018, 09:05 AM
zeroglyph
post Feb 5 2018, 11:27 AM

woot!!! senior member now?
1,255 posts

QUOTE(NewbieBetta @ Feb 3 2018, 07:41 PM)

it's not the size that dictates the channels. it's the functions. only collective pitch(CP) helis need 6 or more channels. a 500 sized fixed pitch(FP) will only need 4ch.

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Feb 5 2018, 09:04 AM)
Minimum basic flying heli on any size should be 6ch while advanced heli regardless what size especially 3d or aerobatic capable heli can have 7~8ch. .....
a bit of correction there. minimum is 4ch for FP helis(of any size) w/ full cyclic controls. 6ch and above for CP helis(of any size).
3ch is still possible for those toy helis . it's like driving but you can only turn to the right laugh.gif .
SupermotoXL
post Feb 5 2018, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

I still remember i keep my old video of all my heli from 4CH FP to 6~8CH CP, here the video hehehe.. oldies.

Video - Heli 4CH FPV Align 100:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34z3EDQL_oI

Video - Heli 6~7ch HK450GT (CH7 to switch some extra special mode):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6ORtXxD0s

Sorry for crappy video, old video technology where 640x was standard lol. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Feb 5 2018, 02:37 PM
zeroglyph
post Feb 5 2018, 02:49 PM

1,255 posts

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Feb 5 2018, 02:32 PM)
Video - Heli 6~7ch HK450GT (CH7 to switch some extra special mode):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6ORtXxD0s
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Sorry for crappy video, old video technology where 640x was standard lol. biggrin.gif
hahah....640p + wavy videos. those were the days nod.gif . i still have a similar video from my honeybee. laugh.gif
SupermotoXL
post Feb 6 2018, 06:43 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ Feb 5 2018, 02:49 PM)
hahah....640p + wavy videos. those were the days  nod.gif . i still have a similar video from my honeybee.  laugh.gif
Yeah, I'm using MD90 camera, was top end for hobby use.
just imagine how crude the phone camera was back then...not sure thats was the days when Nokia still rulez. biggrin.gif

Heres how the camera looks like back then (2010).

ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 12 2018, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

Resurrected my Radiolink AT10-II transmitter back from the dead using nothing but a screwdriver & a can of contact cleaner.

Thanks for the tip, SupermotoXL.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
SupermotoXL
post Feb 12 2018, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 12 2018, 03:24 PM)
Resurrected my Radiolink AT10-II transmitter back from the dead using nothing but a screwdriver & a can of contact cleaner.

Thanks for the tip, SupermotoXL.
Glad to hear your radio works, you're welcome bro. Save money. rclxms.gif biggrin.gif
Mr.Rie
post Feb 13 2018, 08:50 PM

13 posts

Just wondering, is there any place i can fly parkflier to small medium electric plane near kajang area.
I know there used to be a place at putrajaya p20 and wetland but haven’t go there for a long time..dunno got people still play there or not.
SupermotoXL
post Feb 14 2018, 06:50 AM

Getting Started
212 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Rie @ Feb 13 2018, 08:50 PM)
Just wondering, is there any place i can fly parkflier to small medium electric plane near kajang area.
I know there used to be a place at putrajaya p20 and wetland but haven’t go there for a long time..dunno got people still play there or not.
Check response at R/C dunia facebook or malaysia-rc.com, maybe someone still flying there.
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 18 2018, 12:45 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

Upgraded with Micro F4 & external baro + magnetometer (was originally built using CC3D + Librepilot), flashed with Betaflight 3.3.0. Plus a new set of 1800mAh 65C batteries that needs to be broken in. Test flight later today!

Also saw an E-DO Skywing 680 (rebranded Eachine Black Wing) going for under RM120 plus a cap ayam A2212 2700kv motor for RM20 on Shopee. Dayuuuuummmmmmm....fresh foam....

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Feb 18 2018, 12:49 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
lee82gx
post Feb 19 2018, 01:21 PM

I guess I'm special
2,861 posts

Hello folks. After 2 days reading I think I'm ready to ask a few questions. I'm a newbie into quads or even flying models. I have been into rc cars many years back.

I have a fascination with camera drones. I'm thinking of flying around the house in n outside. Recently I'd like to survey my roof for leaks. Fyi my house is above a a small hill and is 3 storrey high. Its kinda difficult to acess.

So my choice to start off
1. DJI Tello for rm500 + another rm100 for controller.
2. Eachine e58 for rm250
3. Visuo xs809hw for rm250 etc.

With the DJI I'm afraid the non adjustable camera is just pointing forward. Will it be a problem? Any remedy? Attaching a downward camera?

For the chinese spark clones, i think the prices are great but the camera maybe poor, but perhaps the alternative are extremely expensive? Batteries and spares can be had easily for chinese clones yes?

Last question. In fpv mode will it be possible to fly under the roof, above the ceiling in the attic? In complete darkness but with led illumination? Again, for survey leaks.
zeroglyph
post Feb 19 2018, 02:43 PM

1,255 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Feb 19 2018, 01:21 PM)
Hello folks. After 2 days reading I think I'm ready to ask a few questions. I'm a newbie into quads or even flying models. I have been into rc cars many years back.

I have a fascination with camera drones. I'm thinking of flying around the house in n outside. Recently I'd like to survey my roof for leaks. Fyi my house is above a a small hill and is 3 storrey high. Its kinda difficult to acess.

So my choice to start off
1. DJI Tello for rm500 + another rm100 for controller.
2. Eachine e58 for rm250
3. Visuo xs809hw for rm250 etc.

With the DJI I'm afraid the non adjustable camera is just pointing forward. Will it be a problem? Any remedy? Attaching a downward camera?

For the chinese spark clones, i think the prices are great but the camera maybe poor, but perhaps the alternative are extremely expensive? Batteries and spares can be had easily for chinese clones yes?

Last question. In fpv mode will it be possible to fly under the roof, above the ceiling in the attic? In complete darkness but with led illumination? Again, for survey leaks.
for what you need to do, you will need at least a 2 axis gimbal. better if you can control the camera tilt angle with a spare channel. when these things fly, there will be vibrations. you won't see the small details without some kind of camera stabilizer. a controllable tilt makes it easier to focus on what you need to see. all these is taking into account that you are viewing live image from the camera as well.

the craft itself must have some kind self stabilizer(GPS better). full manual is way to fast for small details as well.

yes, it's possible to do a lot of things in FPV, provided you have the skills. nod.gif
lee82gx
post Feb 19 2018, 08:25 PM

I guess I'm special
2,861 posts

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ Feb 19 2018, 02:43 PM)
for what you need to do, you will need at least a 2 axis gimbal. better if you can control the camera tilt angle with a spare channel. when these things fly, there will be vibrations. you won't see the small details without some kind of camera stabilizer. a controllable tilt makes it easier to focus on what you need to see. all these is taking into account that you are viewing live image from the camera as well.

the craft itself must have some kind self stabilizer(GPS better). full manual is way to fast for small details as well.

yes, it's possible to do a lot of things in FPV, provided you have the skills.  nod.gif
That sounds like a rm1k + thing? Or even dji phantom? If possible I'd like to test water first before committing to anything above rm500
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 20 2018, 08:57 AM

Regular
1,049 posts

Hey it turns out cheap regular spray paint works fine on foam as long as you spray from at least 30cm away and if you gently dust the foam in layers of very light coats.

Heavy blasts at close range will wreck the foam.

Saved RM40 on Tamiya TS paints - very expensive paint in such small midget cans!!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
zeroglyph
post Feb 20 2018, 10:56 AM

1,255 posts

QUOTE(lee82gx @ Feb 19 2018, 08:25 PM)
That sounds like a rm1k + thing? Or even dji phantom? If possible I'd like to test water first before committing to anything above rm500
yes, i use a phantom to do exactly that laugh.gif . anything similar(china clone) will do though. it is somewhat a baseline requirement. you need the picture to be clear(from vibration), you need live feed(to see where the camera is pointing) and angle adjustment(you don't want the craft to move around while inspecting).

yeah, if you set the "roof surveying" requirement out of the equation, a lot of cheaper possibility opens up.

120 Pages « < 96 97 98 99 100 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0252sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:38 AM