Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> RC Flying Models V4, radio controlled aircrafts

kuekwee
post Apr 2 2018, 12:08 PM

Trading for a living
Group: Senior Member

Attached Image

Any cheras kaki play FPV drone. Newbie here...
QiW
post Apr 3 2018, 09:42 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(kuekwee @ Apr 2 2018, 12:08 PM)
Attached Image

Any cheras kaki play FPV drone. Newbie here...
me in cheras ... but havent flown for a couple of years ... everything rusting away already doh.gif
kuekwee
post Apr 3 2018, 02:40 PM

Trading for a living

QUOTE(QiW @ Apr 3 2018, 09:42 AM)
me in cheras ... but havent flown for a couple of years ... everything rusting away already  doh.gif
time to start again.. biggrin.gif
GabrielVii
post Apr 10 2018, 09:15 AM

Group: Newbie

Just come here to share my rebuild Tricopter

Attached Image

SupermotoXL
post Apr 10 2018, 03:55 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GabrielVii @ Apr 10 2018, 09:15 AM)
Just come here to share my rebuild Tricopter

Attached Image
Is that hobby king Quanum Trifecta? Nice build. Haven't seen a tricopter in action for a while. icon_rolleyes.gif
SupermotoXL
post Apr 10 2018, 03:56 PM

Getting Started

50km adventure on hot day.
Well the hot dry spell season has come, here my video of recent long range 50km flight from urban to outskirt on really hot and dusty day. Runcam lens started to pickup dry dust everywhere.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhjoX6NiUQ

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Apr 10 2018, 03:57 PM
GabrielVii
post Apr 10 2018, 11:46 PM

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Apr 10 2018, 03:55 PM)
Is that hobby king Quanum Trifecta? Nice build. Haven't seen a tricopter in action for a while. icon_rolleyes.gif
Yeap, tooks me a year to finally make it fly......
SupermotoXL
post Apr 11 2018, 03:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GabrielVii @ Apr 10 2018, 11:46 PM)
Yeap, tooks me a year to finally make it fly......
How's the tail servo holding up? what servo model you're using? I always have worries on the servo since my friend build some and failed because tail wagging during yaw. Hard to get the yaw PID right.

Btw anyone tried DJI Tello yet, saw this at Gearbest here: https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_...l?lkid=13741923 Looks good for the price and ok video stabilization for $100. Hmmmmm....

GabrielVii
post Apr 11 2018, 06:31 PM

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Apr 11 2018, 03:13 PM)
How's the tail servo holding up? what servo model you're using?  I always have worries on the servo since my friend build some and failed because tail wagging during yaw.  Hard to get the yaw PID right.

Btw anyone tried DJI Tello yet, saw this at Gearbest here:  https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_...l?lkid=13741923   Looks good for the price and ok video stabilization for $100.   Hmmmmm....
Just the Emax ES09MD metal gear servo that being slightly force fitted into tail gear. And the Yaw P-term on most flight controller was too high causing the tail wag, use betaflight and drop yaw-P down to 40.
Previously used alight servo, snap the servo output gear after stuck in the tail gear. doh.gif

Video from Trifecta:

This post has been edited by GabrielVii: Apr 14 2018, 01:46 AM
haroldz123
post Apr 16 2018, 07:04 PM

Enthusiast

Hi,

What is the best value transmitter?

Price range RM509 n below?

For tiny whoop or mini quad
josh5671
post Apr 16 2018, 10:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(haroldz123 @ Apr 16 2018, 07:04 PM)
Hi,

for me. Radiolink AT9S...

maybe direct get taranis better.... +- of your price range.
SupermotoXL
post Apr 17 2018, 08:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(GabrielVii @ Apr 11 2018, 06:31 PM)
Just the Emax ES09MD metal gear servo that being slightly force fitted into tail gear. And the Yaw P-term on most flight controller was too high causing the tail wag, use betaflight and drop yaw-P down to 40.
Previously used alight servo, snap the servo output gear after stuck in the tail gear.  doh.gif

Video from Trifecta:

Looks like it yawing and roll a lot, did you fly like that or still tunning the PID on the tail?

Hi,

Yup! better get TARANIS because its benchmark transmistter in world of quad racing and FPV and stuff. The latest one is this: https://www.banggood.com/FrSky-ACCST-Tarani...6363706201312DW (TARANIS Q-X7), after currency exchange is about RM447 only. Extra can buy some accessories. Looks good and clean than old taranis unit. flex.gif thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Apr 17 2018, 08:40 AM
zeroglyph
post Apr 17 2018, 10:08 AM

woot!!! senior member now?

Hi,

when "best value" is the criteria, nothing beats the fs-i6X. 10CH for less than 300. s-bus support too. sure it doesn't feel or look professional, but that's not the criteria is it? brows.gif

fs-i6 with the 10ch firmware mod is pretty good for most mini/micro quad too.
SupermotoXL
post Apr 17 2018, 02:39 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ Apr 17 2018, 10:08 AM)
when "best value" is the criteria, nothing beats the fs-i6X. 10CH for less than 300. s-bus support too. sure it doesn't feel or look professional, but that's not the criteria is it?  brows.gif

fs-i6 with the 10ch firmware mod is pretty good for most mini/micro quad too.
For FLYSKY fs-i6 and its line of series it has to use FLYSKY protocol and doesn't have changeable back radio module behind the controller to upgrade or switch around radio protocol if BNF quad using FrSKY, Spektrum, Futaba or going for LRS UHF, so not much flexibility to grow long term. I have FS-i6s and FS-i6x tansmitter but use it for playing simulator only because it doesn't have adequate FPV range, good range for park size use only. Caution when buying FS-i6S because it has 300m range only because i've tested it on my youtube channel.

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Apr 17 2018, 02:40 PM
haroldz123
post Apr 18 2018, 03:52 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Apr 17 2018, 02:39 PM)
For FLYSKY fs-i6 and its line of series it has to use FLYSKY protocol and doesn't have changeable back radio module behind the controller to upgrade or switch around radio protocol if BNF quad using FrSKY, Spektrum, Futaba or going for LRS UHF, so not much flexibility to grow long term.  I have FS-i6s and FS-i6x tansmitter but use it for playing simulator only because it doesn't have adequate FPV range, good range for park size use only. Caution when buying FS-i6S because it has 300m range only because i've tested it on my youtube channel.
There is multi protocol modules for flysky

Can connect to mostly tiny whoops (i playing this now)

Looking for used flysky, if got used taranis for sale lagi bagus😅
zeroglyph
post Apr 19 2018, 01:55 PM

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Apr 17 2018, 02:39 PM)
For FLYSKY fs-i6 and its line of series it has to use FLYSKY protocol and doesn't have changeable back radio module behind the controller to upgrade or switch around radio protocol if BNF quad using FrSKY, Spektrum, Futaba or going for LRS UHF, so not much flexibility to grow long term.  I have FS-i6s and FS-i6x tansmitter but use it for playing simulator only because it doesn't have adequate FPV range, good range for park size use only. Caution when buying FS-i6S because it has 300m range only because i've tested it on my youtube channel.
remember the keyword here, "best value". we're not talking about "best transmitter", "best range" or "best flexibility".

name 1 sub RM300 transmitter that can do 10ch & have a good selection of receiver?

only the fs-ia6b and fs-ia10b are the full range receivers(with the dipole antenna). the other smaller ones are park flyer with ~300m range. fs-ia6b can do about 1KM pretty easily. so i'm guessing if you are stuck at 300m, you must be using either fs-ia6, fs-a8s or fs-x6b.
kizwan
post Apr 20 2018, 06:17 AM

BÖw DÖwn TÖ LÖrd PringlËs

Well if the "best transmitter" fit the buyer budget (509), why choose anything else. biggrin.gif
SupermotoXL
post Apr 20 2018, 02:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(zeroglyph @ Apr 19 2018, 01:55 PM)
remember the keyword here, "best value". we're not talking about "best transmitter", "best range" or "best flexibility".

name 1 sub RM300 transmitter that can do 10ch & have a good selection of receiver?

only the fs-ia6b and fs-ia10b are the full range receivers(with the dipole antenna). the other smaller ones are park flyer with ~300m range. fs-ia6b can do about 1KM pretty easily. so i'm guessing if you are stuck at 300m, you must be using either fs-ia6, fs-a8s or fs-x6b.
Well here's the video if you wanted to see the range, check the range inside the iNAV OSD display indicating range before fail safe kicks in to Return home mode. My FS-i6S comes combo with FS-ia6b receiver.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IABA90i2-Is

So far my best value transmitter is this one, Turnigy 9XR bought for rm270. Long range 7~8km just by changing antenna, swappable back radio moduel from FLYSKY, FrSKY, UHF Dal-RC/Immersion, Walkera, Spektrum dan Futaba protocol. All my project use this controller, easy to modified for FPV mods and best value. Don't have to buy twice to grow my flight hobby. Going strong for almost a decade of harsh use. biggrin.gif

Turnigy 9XR
user posted image

The second is Turnigy 9X 1st gen, still going strong. Can find it for under rm250, i have bunch of those for quad racing, micro racer and long range UAV projects... i bought a lot secondhand for rm50 from some people who doesn't know its potential. Have same potential as 9XR because 9X thats is his grandpa laugh.gif
user posted image

For Flysky FS-i6s and FS-i6X, i give it for kiddies simulator training.
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE(kizwan @ Apr 20 2018, 06:17 AM)
Well if the "best transmitter" fit the buyer budget (509), why choose anything else. biggrin.gif
Looks like the buyer capable to buy good ones, at least doesn't have to pay twice to get a proper controller. Last time have to pay rm650 for ultra basic 6 channel controller from Futaba or Sanwa with huge receiver and no SBUS. Hmmm where did i put my SANWA..

This post has been edited by SupermotoXL: Apr 20 2018, 02:48 PM
zeroglyph
post Apr 21 2018, 11:15 PM

QUOTE(SupermotoXL @ Apr 20 2018, 02:37 PM)
Well here's the video if you wanted to see the range, check the range inside the iNAV OSD display indicating range before fail safe kicks in to Return home mode.  My FS-i6S comes combo with FS-ia6b receiver.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

i must say it could be interference or something is wrong with the antenna connector.
some reference

as you can see, ia6b has some really good range. ~300m really points to antenna issues.

in regards to best, i tend trust Stew here:

he can really whipped those quads around with just a simple turnigy evolution. of course, he doesn't really do long range flight. but hey, his skills speak for itself.
zeroglyph
post Today, 09:00 AM

a friendly reminder to those new to the hobby:
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2018/04/22/...-security-alarm

please don't be an irresponsible idiot and let this happen in Malaysia.

100 Pages « < 98 99 100Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0810sec    5.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd April 2018 - 07:38 PM