Basic Intake and Exhaust Modification Guide, for normal aspirated cars v1.0

views

mathew
post Oct 15 2015, 12:31 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(Shanashi @ Oct 14 2015, 08:02 PM)
use bullet type.....but u should be using 4-2-1 if ur auto tho
look inside u can see there is no wire mesh or the sound is like tong kosong ala rempit
thanks man!
VictorKeong
post Oct 25 2015, 01:41 PM

On my way
599 posts

Hi guys..

I have a perodua axia, im suffering from poor low end torque.. Accelerating 0-40 quite troublesome sometimes. Viva has better acceleration

I am currently using works drop in filter. Really help alot in acceleration but i feel much more can be done.

Im planning to remove the airbox and run an air duct from the front grill to the filter.. I also plan to wrap the extractors with thermal wrap because the air duct might be very close to the extractor, i dont want it to be heating up the air. My car really runs very smooth n nice during morning n late evenings. Or any weather that has temp below 30 degrees..

Currently running on stock rims... Maybe one day upgrade to 15" light Weight one.

For exhaust. I have zero knowledge... But i might wanna mod it soon as well. I dont mind a little bit of bassy sound, but not those really loud like racing cars, my neighbors will rape me.

Do you guys have other ideas that i can do to increase acceleration?

Thanks all sifu
akallen
post Oct 26 2015, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(VictorKeong @ Oct 25 2015, 01:41 PM)
Hi guys..

I have a perodua axia, im suffering from poor low end torque.. Accelerating 0-40 quite troublesome sometimes. Viva has better acceleration

I am currently using works drop in filter. Really help alot in acceleration but i feel much more can be done.

Im planning to remove the airbox and run an air duct from the front grill to the filter.. I also plan to wrap the extractors with thermal wrap because the air duct might be very close to the extractor, i dont want it to be heating up the air. My car really runs very smooth n nice during morning n late evenings. Or any weather that has temp below 30 degrees..

Currently running on stock rims... Maybe one day upgrade to 15" light Weight one.

For exhaust. I have zero knowledge... But i might wanna mod it soon as well. I dont mind a little bit of bassy sound, but not those really loud like racing cars, my neighbors will rape me.

Thanks all sifu
Correct me if i'm wrong.. Axia is a EEV or something like that thing right???
Hence maybe slow pick up?? I'm just guessing tho..
chu879
post Nov 12 2015, 01:18 AM

1 posts

Need sifu help ..persona campro 1.6 Auto .

Currently stock extractor ... Only changed spiral bullet and a sflow muffler with stock piping

It is ok if I change to 4-2-1 with those setup above ??

Can someone explain the differences on types of bullet ??
k!nex
post Nov 20 2015, 09:59 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

Hi guys..

Thanks all sifu
Do not wrap the extractors with thermal wrap. It will crack under extreme thermal stress.

Drop in filter will only increase your throttle response from my observation. Faster response time the moment you jab the throttle. Power wise, negligible from dyno results . It will give you a rougher and loud engine sound when you accelerate. Some people likes it, some might not.

Do take into account of the risk of doing a cold air intake sucking air directly from the front grill. During heavy rain, if any large vehicles in front of you or from the opposite lane ( your usual whole windscreen water splash till cannot see anything experience) kick up substantial amount of water via their tyres, into your air duct, then you're badly screwed. Engine hydro locked and it is expensive to repair because you need to overhaul the engine. There is a reason why car manufacturers do not do that to stock cars. Be warned and don't simply modify the intake without knowing the exact risk you will face.

Do join the Axia clubs around and see what they have done to their exhaust . This car is still quite new in the market, and a lot of people are still experimenting with different setups. So do not rush to modify. Look around for others who have tried and tested their setup.

~ Just my 2 cents of worth ~

Reference

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by k!nex: Nov 20 2015, 10:00 PM
Yohan
post Nov 30 2015, 06:42 PM

2 posts

Hi sifus. I need some advice. I have a wira SE 1.5 (m) and would like to improve performance. Right now I have open pod + cold air duct but without heat shield. Am thinking of upgrading my exhaust system. What's your suggestion? I'm looking for more pick up power. I dont mind noisy tongue.gif.

Yohan
post Dec 14 2015, 07:33 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Yohan @ Nov 30 2015, 06:42 PM)
Hi sifus. I need some advice. I have a wira SE 1.5 (m) and would like to improve performance. Right now I have open pod + cold air duct but without heat shield. Am thinking of upgrading my exhaust system. What's your suggestion? I'm looking for more pick up power. I dont mind noisy tongue.gif.
Bump
unitron
post Dec 15 2015, 10:11 AM

W1(R)3d
2,718 posts

change MIVEC engine and then the exhaust to match the new engine for real world performance improvement.

If you just want psychological improvement because you spend $$$ and exhaust sound different, then just change exhaust.
shinjite
post Dec 15 2015, 03:26 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Change the extractor to a tuned length 4-2-1
amad108
post Dec 16 2015, 10:48 AM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

Hi guys..

Thanks all sifu
in comparing axia accelerate with viva of course viva is better, smaller n lighter with responsive engine compare with EEV engine which tuned to get good FC.. hence to improve ur car acceleration u need bigger torque..
to increase torque there's only 2 method that efficient,
- forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged)
- bigger capacity engine
other then that is rather difficult.. correct me if i'm wrong here notworthy.gif
shinjite
post Dec 16 2015, 11:41 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Hi guys..

Thanks all sifu
You can try to upgrade your extractor to a tuned length aftermarket one. I am not sure whether there are reputable brands for the Axia
Yohan
post Dec 16 2015, 11:43 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(shinjite @ Dec 15 2015, 03:26 PM)
Change the extractor to a tuned length 4-2-1
Thinking of getting PZ extractor.. Which shop got sell? Preferably arnd kajang area.
Max
post Dec 17 2015, 12:00 AM

Regular
1,684 posts

QUOTE(Yohan @ Dec 16 2015, 11:43 PM)
Thinking of getting PZ extractor.. Which shop got sell? Preferably arnd kajang area.
Doesnt have.
U must go PZ shah alam (if im not wrong)
Yohan
post Jan 20 2016, 08:33 PM

2 posts

Has anyone tried kweng's exhaust before? How is it? Thinking of getting from him. Appreciate any feedback, good or bad. Thanks!
dadurtyz
post Jan 21 2016, 06:19 PM

On my way
658 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Dec 16 2015, 10:48 AM)
in comparing axia accelerate with viva of course viva is better, smaller n lighter with responsive engine compare with EEV engine which tuned to get good FC.. hence to improve ur car acceleration u need bigger torque..
to increase torque there's only 2 method that efficient,
- forced induction (turbocharged or supercharged)
- bigger capacity engine
other then that is rather difficult.. correct me if i'm wrong here  notworthy.gif
Its waste of money in my opinion, ecu are adapted to save fuel. No matter how hard play with intake and exhaust, ecu will just re-learn. What u will feel is just placebo effect or maybe 1-2% increments
amad108
post Jan 21 2016, 06:29 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(dadurtyz @ Jan 21 2016, 06:19 PM)
Its waste of money in my opinion, ecu are adapted to save fuel. No matter how hard play with intake and exhaust, ecu will just re-learn. What u will feel is just placebo effect or maybe 1-2% increments
of course with engine tuning.. if not u will not get the benefit from the modification..
eg e-manage?
shinjite
post Jan 21 2016, 08:18 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

QUOTE(Max @ Dec 17 2015, 12:00 AM)
Doesnt have.
U must go PZ shah alam (if im not wrong)
PZ tutup already if I am not mistaken
Max
post Jan 21 2016, 11:46 PM

Regular
1,684 posts

QUOTE(shinjite @ Jan 21 2016, 08:18 PM)
PZ tutup already if I am not mistaken
Eh.. Izzit?
Didnt know about that..
a.h.wan
post Jan 22 2016, 12:07 PM

12 posts

just out of curiosity. is it possible to change from stock single muffler to dual muffler and at what cost? i.e. effect on performance etc.
jacklok
post Jan 22 2016, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

hi all sifus, may i know will the drop-in filter increase the low end power significantly or just cant feel it at all? and is there any recommended shop to do the modification? i am driving viva 660 btw, the accelerate power is very bad(somewhere 1-3k rpm, after 3k rpm then i only feel the power come), wish to get some mod to increase it, at least i can feel the different. Thank you all.

118 Pages « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0378sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 AM